The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye's Cynicism Knows No Boundaries - Daily Star Interview    

+10
seanmichaels
John Bloody Wayne
Dass
RingMasterDave
ONETWOFOREVER
azania
Imperial Ghosty
manos de piedra
TRUSSMAN66
Strongback
14 posters

Go down

Haye's Cynicism Knows No Boundaries - Daily Star Interview  	   Empty Haye's Cynicism Knows No Boundaries - Daily Star Interview    

Post by Strongback Sun 31 Mar 2013, 2:38 pm

By Nick Parkinson, courtesy of The Daily Star

DAVID HAYE has binned the trash talk for his latest comeback so he doesn’t offend his new army of young and female fans.

The Hayemaker's popularity soared after coming third in the hit reality TV show 'I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here' last year.

The former WBA world heavyweight champion expects his new followers to help fill the Manchester Arena on June 29 against an opponent yet to be confirmed.

Haye, 32, hopes two wins this year will make him the mandatory challenger to one of the four world titles belts held by the Klitschko brothers, Vitali and Wladimir. But whoever is in the opposite corner, Haye said: "I think I will tone down the trash talk.

"A lot of the stuff that I've said in the past has obviously been very close to the bone and it has got headlines.

"It seems like I don't really need to do that anymore.

"I've got a wide enough fanbase now to be interested in me other than the hardened boxing fans.

"I twigged a few years back that the media don't just want a real happy, nice story, you want something you can get your teeth into and that made headlines, so I've done that in the past.

"I don't have to do that as much now, although I will still drop a few in sometimes.

"It will be strange for people to have watched me in the jungle just being myself and then see me saying, 'I'm going to rip his head off'. People will be like, 'Ooh, that's a bit out of character'.

"But I've definitely got a different fan base now.

"Boxing historically hasn't been a sport where girls go on their own, normally they have to be dragged there by their fellas.

"This time, without a doubt, I've had so many requests for tickets from them wanting to see me fight.

"You know how efficient girls are and since there have been rumblings of the fight they have wanted to get the tickets booked early.

"Although the jungle was boring, it was like when people go to places like India on these spiritual or yoga retreats.

"Some sort of cleanse definitely went on while I was in there. It gave me a little bit more time to reflect on things."

Why does he have to explain every rumbling in his bowls as if it's newsworthy. Now he's the big friendly guy who loves women and kisses babies. I knew he was cynical but this guy is worse than Tony Blair.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Haye's Cynicism Knows No Boundaries - Daily Star Interview  	   Empty Re: Haye's Cynicism Knows No Boundaries - Daily Star Interview    

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 31 Mar 2013, 2:42 pm

All publicity is good publicity..............In the fight game.........

He's playing the game..........my problem is with his revision of history not with his making good use of the press.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Haye's Cynicism Knows No Boundaries - Daily Star Interview  	   Empty Re: Haye's Cynicism Knows No Boundaries - Daily Star Interview    

Post by Strongback Sun 31 Mar 2013, 2:44 pm

You liked Tony Blair as well.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 31 Mar 2013, 2:53 pm

Hes doing it to generate publicity

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 31 Mar 2013, 2:57 pm

You dislike him so much you post each and every thing he says, you're doing exactly what he wants and you're just more like a mug with each post.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 31 Mar 2013, 3:07 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:You dislike him so much you post each and every thing he says, you're doing exactly what he wants and you're just more like a mug with each post.

I'm laughing at him. He'd try to sell his grannies knickers. He's now aiming for the ITV Good Morning audience. Laugh

Btw you shouldn't be calling people mugs.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 31 Mar 2013, 3:09 pm

And you will pay to watch his fight. Hook line and sinker.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 31 Mar 2013, 3:13 pm

Haven't paid in years. Froch v Dirrell on Primetime was the last time and they double charged me. Got my money back though. Put me off PPV for life.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 31 Mar 2013, 3:25 pm

But you will watch him. His job done. Also you're talking about him. He's therefore doing a fine job.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 31 Mar 2013, 3:44 pm

I'm pointing out what a joke he is. He isn't aiming at boxing fans anymore anyway. Have a look around the boxing boards, boxing fans are sneering at him. He needs a new audience so he's going after the stay at home mums.

Also I didn't watch the Audley or Chisora fights as I saw those for what they were like a lot of people did. I watched the Wlad fight to see Haye get beat but the fact he ran around the ring like a little girl made the fight a stinker.

I read a book called Manufactiring Consent when I was teenager, it had a big influence on me.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 31 Mar 2013, 3:48 pm

Like a lot people?

He made bucket loads of money from those fights, do you really think he cares who watches him as long as people do?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 31 Mar 2013, 3:51 pm

He loves himself its obvious.

He had the chance to become an ODLH type fighter bringing in plenty of female attention but he wanted to go down the fast lane.

I think after beating Valuev America was waiting for him. He could have been a major success there had he played his cards right but he wanted a rush job to the title.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 31 Mar 2013, 3:58 pm

@Ghosty

Yeah you're right I heard the Audley fight was a cracker.

Just because Haye conned his way to selling PPV to gormless fools it doesn't make his actions right.

If I robbed your wallet would I be cleverer than you

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 31 Mar 2013, 4:15 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:He loves himself its obvious.

He had the chance to become an ODLH type fighter bringing in plenty of female attention but he wanted to go down the fast lane.

I think after beating Valuev America was waiting for him. He could have been a major success there had he played his cards right but he wanted a rush job to the title.

If anything I think after beating Valuev he wanted to prolong a unification fight as long as possible. He was making good money on ppv beating weak opposition. Sky eventually got fed up and basically pressured him into a unification fight.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by RingMasterDave Sun 31 Mar 2013, 4:32 pm

azania wrote:But you will watch him. His job done. Also you're talking about him. He's therefore doing a fine job.

I agree, Haye is all about whipping the media in to a frenzy and getting people talking anybody talking, so from that point he has succeeded. He understands for better or worse there is more to boxing then just stepping in to the ring.

As for the boxing board and governing bodies not liking what hes doing by trying to get new fight fans interested is an absolute joke, they want anybody interested and watching boxing whether its woman or younger fans, its all good business to them

RingMasterDave

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Sun 31 Mar 2013, 4:38 pm

Strongback wrote:@Ghosty

Just because Haye conned his way to selling PPV to gormless fools it doesn't make his actions right.

That's a very bad example, since at no point did Haye ever forcible take money from anyone through deception. A better example would be what Hollywood have been doing for years through film trailers, showing you the best bits hoping to get you hooked only to see said film in its whole and deem it a disappointment. Haye sold you a show through promotion and left it to the customer to decide at that point if they wanted to pay for it, I see no problem with this and no different to how many other products sell themselves.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 31 Mar 2013, 4:56 pm

Dass wrote:
Strongback wrote:@Ghosty

That's a very bad example, since at no point did Haye ever forcible take money from anyone through deception. A better example would be what Hollywood have been doing for years through film trailers, showing you the best bits hoping to get you hooked only to see said film in its whole and deem it a disappointment. Haye sold you a show through promotion and left it to the customer to decide at that point if they wanted to pay for it, I see no problem with this and no different to how many other products sell themselves.

You've taken me out of context. What I am saying is this: just because you can take money from a fool it doesn't make you clever.

Haye has never had any of my money.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 31 Mar 2013, 4:58 pm

Well you're doing a fine job promoting him. You're probably on his payroll.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 31 Mar 2013, 5:12 pm

azania wrote:Well you're doing a fine job promoting him. You're probably on his payroll.

Audley

Chisora

Wlad

"A fool and his money are easily parted"

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 31 Mar 2013, 5:27 pm

If your problem is that it's not newsworthy, criticise the paper that reported it as news.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 31 Mar 2013, 5:33 pm

If Haye was Irish he'd be applauding him..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 31 Mar 2013, 6:28 pm

Strongback wrote:
azania wrote:Well you're doing a fine job promoting him. You're probably on his payroll.

Audley

Chisora

Wlad

"A fool and his money are easily parted"

Haye is no fool then. He's making more money.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Sun 31 Mar 2013, 6:45 pm

Why are people so down on Chisora. Gave Vitali his toughest fight since Lewis, 'beat' a worthy Haye opponent Helenius, and lost to Fury in a pretty decent fight. Don't get it.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 31 Mar 2013, 6:51 pm

Maybe because he never wins but because he spits in faces, assaults Women and gets arrested for brawling in public..

It makes him marketable and loved by the British............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 31 Mar 2013, 6:59 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Maybe because he never wins but because he spits in faces, assaults Women and gets arrested for brawling in public..

It makes him marketable and loved by the British............

And then there was Mike Tyson who makes Del look like an angel.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 31 Mar 2013, 7:05 pm

At least he had talent and was exciting.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 31 Mar 2013, 8:55 pm

RingMasterDave wrote:
azania wrote:But you will watch him. His job done. Also you're talking about him. He's therefore doing a fine job.

I agree, Haye is all about whipping the media in to a frenzy and getting people talking anybody talking, so from that point he has succeeded. He understands for better or worse there is more to boxing then just stepping in to the ring.

As for the boxing board and governing bodies not liking what hes doing by trying to get new fight fans interested is an absolute joke, they want anybody interested and watching boxing whether its woman or younger fans, its all good business to them

come on dave, get with the programme, you claim haye is some uber word smith who has the media in his hands when really he is most famous for glassing chisora (or as haye put it, punching him with a fist with a bottle in his hand) and loved by heat magazine because he plays the z list celeb circuit. sounds like a man crush to me.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by RingMasterDave Sun 31 Mar 2013, 9:22 pm

well he can most defiantly work the press better then most heavy weight boxers, such as fury who can barely manage to string the two words together that make up his name, as for the incident with chisora, a man should all ways defend himself specially against idiots that need putting in their place. i dont know about a "man crush" but i do respect the man and if thats the first thing that comes to your head that says more about you then me.

RingMasterDave

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 31 Mar 2013, 9:26 pm

yeah his great press announcement shook the world with the news..... a boxer is having a boxing match against another boxer

and by there place do you mean like HIS post fight conference

and it says i can see a man crush when i come across one, obviously hit a nerve so ill ease of the new guy Wink

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 03 Apr 2013, 3:57 pm

David Haye...
Spoiler:

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 03 Apr 2013, 4:21 pm

Guys, you've forgotten, it's Strongback. He won't watch Haye fight anyone because he's too smart. He just looks for any article he possibly can just to insult him, BUT WATCH HIM FIGHT!? Ridiculous!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Apr 2013, 4:43 pm

***News just in****

In a desperate attempt to further lambast David Haye, 606v2 regular (whingebag) STRONGBACK, resorts to quoting an article in the Dail Star.

Ol' Strongy seems to be racking up the virtual air miles in an effort to take a pot shot at Haye and as others have already pointed out, Strongy is doing Haye's publicity for him. What's next STRONGY, taking to the street wearing a sandwich board proclaiming "DAVID HAYE IS A CLASSLESS FRAUD"?

Perhaps the thread's title should be "Strongy's desperation knows no boundaries."

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 03 Apr 2013, 5:59 pm

DAVE667 wrote:***News just in****

In a desperate attempt to further lambast David Haye, 606v2 regular (whingebag) STRONGBACK, resorts to quoting an article in the Dail Star.

Ol' Strongy seems to be racking up the virtual air miles in an effort to take a pot shot at Haye and as others have already pointed out, Strongy is doing Haye's publicity for him. What's next STRONGY, taking to the street wearing a sandwich board proclaiming "DAVID HAYE IS A CLASSLESS FRAUD"?

Perhaps the thread's title should be "Strongy's desperation knows no boundaries."

Considering you even had the temerity to defend Haye's performance against Wlad I think you are being a hypocrite.

Haye is the most cynical, humourless low down dirtbag that ever tried to talk trash. Ali was funny David is a half wit that thinks he smarter than everybody else. Most people have seen through Haye at this stage.

Stick to Peter Jackson............."This was a man"

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 03 Apr 2013, 6:17 pm

Ignore Dave. Haye can do no wrong with him. Other than becoming the new Audley Harrison type of English boxing (with a bit more talent guaranteed) no one takes this clown serious anymore. He spent 3 years telling Wlad how he and his brother were ruining heavyweight boxing...then after we all payed out money for the fight...he goes and puts in the most heartless performance possible

Here is Haye in his own mind:
Spoiler:

Here is Haye in reality:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

But hey (no pun intended) he did give us those fights against Audley and Chisora even though he didnt want to fight them but the 'boxing public' kept asking him to knock them out Very Happy

He should stick to getting his bum out on 'celebrity' programmes. As long as he stays away from boxing most of us will be happy thumbsup

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Apr 2013, 6:39 pm

Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:***News just in****

Considering you even had the temerity to defend Haye's performance against Wlad I think you are being a hypocrite.
Haye is the most cynical, humourless low down dirtbag that ever tried to talk trash. Ali was funny David is a half wit that thinks he smarter than everybody else. Most people have seen through Haye at this stage.

Stick to Peter Jackson............."This was a man"
Didn't defend his performance, I said he was poor (he's certainly better than that performance suggested) and that whilst he would have indeed been hampered by his "injury" Wlad was better than I gave him credit for and that Haye should have done the same without bringing his injury into it. Didn't do himself any favoursthere at all.

Don't mind admitting I was disappointed in Haye's performance, don't even mind admitting I'm big Haye fan (going back prior to his loss to Thompson) yet I'm on record along with many in saying that instead of demanding another shot at the title, he should go out and earn it. Now he IS doing it, as I predicted last week, Haye's still getting abuse from certain quarters of the forum.

Like I've said before Strongy, you slate me for defending Haye and yet your dislike of him far far outweighs my like of him. You need to sit down in a darkened room with a cold flannel on your brow and cup of sweet tea...and take Steffan with you (his pain over the retirement of Scott Gammer still brings tears to his eyes).

However, as has already been pointed out, you spend more time taking about Haye than ignoring him, which, if you disliked him as much as you claim, you'd do in a heartbeat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 03 Apr 2013, 6:44 pm

Well said Steffan, some people are just deluded.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Apr 2013, 6:51 pm

then after we all payed out money for the fight...

Is that the problem Steffan, did you pay money and not get what you wanted? God forbid you ever go to a football match and watch your team phone it in...you'd be outside their house abusing them for hours afterwards.

Fighters have bad days, off days, awful days and days when they simply come up against someone better than themselves. If football mangers were boxers, their excuses for defeats would have them sentenced to death by some posters on here. It's human nature to make excuses for lossses and poor performances just as it's human nature to revel in the misfortune of others ("schadenfreude" as the Germans call it). Sadly, it just makes you look a bit of a git.

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Wed 10 Apr 2013, 1:02 pm

Ha ha

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2306725/Manuel-Charr-Twitter-poster-David-Hayes-head.html

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 10 Apr 2013, 1:20 pm

Charr is the guy that gate crashed the Haye vs Chisora press conference and nobody knew who he was.

There have been a lot of rumours flying around since Haye's announcement that he will be fighting Charr.

That's a Box Nation fight.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 10 Apr 2013, 1:31 pm

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake wrote:Ha ha

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2306725/Manuel-Charr-Twitter-poster-David-Hayes-head.html

Classic Laugh

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down