The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Similarities in the WWE and TNA (RAW SPOILERS)

+9
Amy
VDT
Crimey
Marky
Bull
Mr H
MtotheC
Hero
more_awesome_than_a_ri
13 posters

Go down

Similarities in the WWE and TNA (RAW SPOILERS) Empty Similarities in the WWE and TNA (RAW SPOILERS)

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 7:42 am

Hi all

Have just read the raw review and immediately thought one thing.....how much are the WWE following TNA story lines at the moment

First off, I know it is a tried and tested method, but having a heel faction such as the NXT guys attacking Ryback strikes immediate similarities to the Aces and Eights in TNA.

Also WWE have developed an angle around AJ having an affair. This was done with AJ Styles literally 3 months ago...

Are the WWE running out of ideas, or just trying to kill of the TNA story lines by copying them?

Back to top Go down

Similarities in the WWE and TNA (RAW SPOILERS) Empty Re: Similarities in the WWE and TNA (RAW SPOILERS)

Post by more_awesome_than_a_ri Tue 20 Nov 2012, 8:35 am

Yep I mean it's not like there has never been any storylines like this before TNA came up with them originally....

more_awesome_than_a_ri

Back to top Go down

Similarities in the WWE and TNA (RAW SPOILERS) Empty Re: Similarities in the WWE and TNA (RAW SPOILERS)

Post by Hero Tue 20 Nov 2012, 8:43 am

A heel stable attacking a face character.

Yes TNA did that for the very first time with Aces and Eights and its not a tried and tested formula for introducing a new faction.

AJ has an affair, well she'd already been romantically linked to DB, CM Punk and even Kane and as a general rule of thumb the pretty divas usually end up with a wrestler at some point as a storyline. Without giving spoilers away last nights RAW changed the angle away from the TNA AJ affair a fair bit.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Tue 20 Nov 2012, 8:49 am

I think your generalising a bit here, neither tna nor wwe or breaking any new ground with either storyline. There are similarities sure but only the fact that both promotions have someone called AJ and a heel faction that attacks faces.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by more_awesome_than_a_ri Tue 20 Nov 2012, 9:01 am

Lets be fair the wrestling industry has been around for quite a while and they are always going to be recycling old successful storylines from the past

more_awesome_than_a_ri

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 20 Nov 2012, 9:04 am

Yes not the greatest argument there im afraid Antlord.

Divas having an affair with a superstar? See Steph/Test/HHH, Trish/Jericho/Christian, Lita/Edge/Matt Hardy.

Heel factions attacking a face? See the first NXT invasion attacking Cena, Evolution attacking Goldberg, The Corporation attacking Austin.

Its just part and parcel of pro-wrestling booking.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 9:19 am

I never said it was an argument, just was wondering what people thought that was all Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 20 Nov 2012, 9:19 am

Actually I think Ant might be on to something here that we've missed...

Similarities between WWE & TNA

Both have wrestlers on their shows
Both have male and female wrestlers
Both have 3 letters in their name
Both have good guys (faces)
Both have bad guys (heels)
Both have story lines involving the wrestlers (debatable at times with both organisations)
Both have an owner
Both have wrestlers that every week you wonder if they are face or heel (Big Show, Kane, Dudleys)

The evidence is clearly damning, what else can be uncovered by this revelation?

(This isn't a mickey take Ant, just thought we could turn the thread into one of those light hearted ones)

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Tue 20 Nov 2012, 9:52 am

Both have squared circles...weird!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 10:06 am

Guessing that no-one saw the AJ comparison as a similarity then?

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 20 Nov 2012, 10:19 am

Both are company's wow who knew?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 20 Nov 2012, 10:19 am

Well, they're both called AJ...

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 20 Nov 2012, 10:28 am

I'm seeing more similarities with the Nexus than I am with the Ace and Eights to be honest. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Rollins, Ambrose and Reigns turned out to be the second coming of the Nexus under Punk. It'd be a bad move, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Tue 20 Nov 2012, 10:41 am

MtotheC wrote:Both have squared circles...weird!

I do miss the 6 sided ring tho!!!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 20 Nov 2012, 11:13 am

Me too, I fully understand the need to change to the standard ring, the 6 sided though just brings back memories of AJ v Daniels v Joe more.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Tue 20 Nov 2012, 11:14 am

Heres another, Both seem to be looking at Indy guys more and more recently

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Tue 20 Nov 2012, 7:08 pm

WWE is...?
TNA is...?

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 21 Nov 2012, 3:02 pm

Next you'll be telling us both use tables and ladders and have their wrestlers fight for belts as well Wink Laugh
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 21 Nov 2012, 4:19 pm

That's crazy talk dyre...crazy talk

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Nov 2012, 10:56 am

TNA spoiler

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 26 Nov 2012, 11:03 am

AntLord wrote:TNA spoiler

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Nov 2012, 11:08 am

you just proved my point....................................

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 26 Nov 2012, 11:17 am

Wasn't your point that WWE were copying TNA?
How is showing that TNA are rehashing an old WWE plot proving that?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down