The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brock Lesnar - How does he compare to the best

4 posters

Go down

Brock Lesnar - How does he compare to the best Empty Brock Lesnar - How does he compare to the best

Post by Liam Fri 23 Nov 2012, 12:27 am

For me, Brock Lesnar is the greatest athlete to step into any ring. For a guy to be close to 300lbs and move so quick, be so technically good as a wrestler and be able to lift and throw big men around for fun was just incredible and a joy to watch. For me, he ranks among the greatest superstars/wrestlers of all time, despite only being around for a short period and even then, he did more than imo any other superstar has achieved in such a short amount of time.

To then go onto win the UFC WHC after only picking up martial arts years after the other fighters is again a remarkable feat.

But in wrestling, he's easily in the top 10 for me and if he had continued to wrestler to this present day, there's not a wrestler that for me would come close to him.

Your thoughts?

Liam

Back to top Go down

Brock Lesnar - How does he compare to the best Empty Re: Brock Lesnar - How does he compare to the best

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 23 Nov 2012, 7:51 am

I like Brock, for me he's everything you want in a Pro Wrestler, he's a big bad freak, something that isn't easily comparable to the everyman on the street but while his run was memorable and his talent is/was obvious I'm not sure I'd say he's in my top 10

For 2 years he was given the run of the WWE and did more in two years than most do in a lifetime but for me he needs more longevity to be considered among the greats, it sounds crazy but 2/3 years in the 80s and early 90s where a lot longer than 2/3 years from the late 90s onward, what Brock achieved he could have got 5/6 years at least out of that but they crammed it all into 18 months or so and when everything was achieved his desire quickly disappeared too

You certainly can't knock the mans abilities but again he was given every chance, they made sure everyone knew he was a big deal, they protected him well and put him with one of the best mouthpieces in Wrestling, its a basic Wrestling 101 blue print for anyone they have high hopes for, why they don't do this more often is beyond me

As for UFC, he was brought into UFC and they made a pretty big deal out of him, $any felt his spot was undeserved but buy-rates suggested otherwise, people liked watching him be it to see him kill someone or watch him get his ass kicked

For me he can't be considered in with the best simply because he wasn't around long enough, he had possibly the most memorable run from 2002-2004 but leaving as he did so soon into his career with everything that was afforded him for duration means he didn't prove he had the longevity I believe is needed to be considered among the greatest

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Brock Lesnar - How does he compare to the best Empty Re: Brock Lesnar - How does he compare to the best

Post by Kid Vicious Fri 23 Nov 2012, 10:24 am

I have to agree with Kay Fabe on this one. Brock Lesnar was/is certainly a gifted athlete. I can't comment on where he ranks in UFC/MMA because it's not my thing. In a wrestling sense, he was good but not great. His two year stint was built on other people making him look good. He got a monster push because WWE needed a new star, and he was an important part of the roster in that time, but a mere two year run can't qualify him as a great.

I put him in the same bracket as Warrior and Goldberg: explodes onto to scene, becomes very popular very quickly, hits the top, walks away leaving you wanting more. Depending on what your era is, you'll either glorify him to more, or dismiss him as less.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Fri 23 Nov 2012, 6:08 pm

Gifted athlete but can't cut a sandwich, let alone a promo

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down