The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Graeme Swann's Cat's Mock Draft V3 *With Trades*

+2
AdZacO
GSC
6 posters

Go down

Graeme Swann's Cat's Mock Draft V3 *With Trades* Empty Graeme Swann's Cat's Mock Draft V3 *With Trades*

Post by GSC Fri 22 Apr 2011, 2:37 pm

Not my final mock by any means, and maybe slightly heavy on the trades but w/e.

1. Carolina Panthers: Cam Newton
2. Denver Broncos: Marcell Dareus
3. Buffalo Bills: Von Miller
4. Cincinatti Bengals: Blaine Gabbert
5. Arizona Cardinals: Patrick Peterson
6. Cleveland Browns: A.J Green
7. Detroit Lions: Prince Amukamara *TRADE*
8. Tennessee Titans: Nick Fairley
9. Dallas Cowboys: Tyron Smith
10. St. Louis Rams: Robert Quinn *TRADE*
11. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Da’Quan Bowers *TRADE*
12. Minnesota Vikings: Anthony Castonzo
13. New England Patriots: Aldon Smith *TRADE*(17th)
14. Washington Redskins: Julio Jones
15. New York Giants: Mike Pouncey *TRADE*
16. Jacksonville Jaguars: Ryan Kerrigan
17. San Francisco 49ers: Jimmy Smith
18. San Diego Chargers: J.J Watt
19. Philadelphia Eagles: Corey Liuget *TRADE*
20. Houston Texans: Phil Taylor
21. Chicago Bears: Gabe Carimi *TRADE*
22. Indianapolis Colts: Mohammed Wilkerson
23. Miami Dolphins: Ryan Mallett
24. Washington Redskins: Jake Locker *TRADE*
25. Seattle Seahawks: Danny Watkins
26. Baltimore Ravens: Akeem Ayers
27. Atlanta Falcons: Justin Houston
28. New England Patriots: Cameron Jordan
29. Buffalo Bills: Christian Ponder *TRADE*
30. Denver Broncos: Aaron Williams *TRADE*
31. New England Patriots: Mark Ingram *TRADE*
32. Green Bay Packers: Brandon Harris

Detroit Lions (13) trade with San Francisco (7)
St Louis Rams (14) trade with Washington Redskins (10)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (20) trade with Houston Texans (11)
New England Patriots (17) trade with San Francisco (13)
New York Giants (19) trade with Miami Dolphins (15)
Philadelphia Eagles (23) trade with Miami Dolphins (19)
Chicago Bears (29) trade with Kansas City Chiefs (21)
Washington Redskins trade with New Orleans Saints (24)
Buffalo Bills trade with Kansas City Chiefs (29)
Denver Broncos trade with New York Jets (30)
New England Patriots trade with Pittsburgh Steelers (31)
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Graeme Swann's Cat's Mock Draft V3 *With Trades* Empty Re: Graeme Swann's Cat's Mock Draft V3 *With Trades*

Post by AdZacO Fri 22 Apr 2011, 6:00 pm

Went a bit trade crazy there? more than a third of picks traded, out of interest any one know the record?

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Graeme Swann's Cat's Mock Draft V3 *With Trades* Empty Re: Graeme Swann's Cat's Mock Draft V3 *With Trades*

Post by BamBam Fri 22 Apr 2011, 7:31 pm

Not a bad mock, 1 thing stands out for me. I would be amazed if the Rams traded up and passed over Julio Jones he is surely top of their board? After maybe Green but he is probably not going to make it that far

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sat 23 Apr 2011, 6:22 am

Probably too many trades in my opinion. Especially up the top half where teams in the current era can't seem able to make as many moves (especially now that no players can be used as bargaining chips).

Agree with BamBam that Washington switching positions with the Rams, only then to have the Redskins take the player the Rams should want with the lower pick is a little odd.

I like the idea of Peterson to the Cards though and generally a lot of the moves "make sense", but their are just too many at once!

Should be posting my contest mock draft at some point this weekend/holiday for the inevitable grilling it will receive!

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 23 Apr 2011, 2:03 pm

10 teams ended up with 1st rounders at different spots last season. Theres 11 here and the 10 last season doesn't count teams that traded down more than once.

Spagnuolo knows that to stop great passing attacks, you need a surplus of pass rushers. See the 07 SB when the Giants had Tuck, Strahan, Osi and Kiwi among others, and they were one of the few teams to slow down Brady and company. Also having a group of WRs that all fill a role is far more important than a true #1 these days. Players like Titus Young etc will be around in the 2nd, what pass rushers will be?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 23 Apr 2011, 2:06 pm

Not to mention McDaniels ran Marshall out of town in Denver and proceeded to turn Brandon Lloyd into a star
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GB1919 Sat 23 Apr 2011, 2:37 pm

I really like the start of this draft as I have Gabbert going to the Bengals too. I just can't see the team letting Palmer get away with his threats so I think they'll take Gabbert (presuming he's available) to force him into retiring. However most drafts don't have them taking a QB so I'm looking forward to that as one of the most interesting picks on Thursday night.

As with those above I can't understand the Rams pick. I can see them trading up (in my draft it's with the Titans) but they will definitely try to get hold of Julio Jones if at all possible.

GB1919

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 23 Apr 2011, 2:43 pm

The only way to stop the best pass attacks is to get to the QB. Give Brady, Brees, Peyton, Rodgers etc time and they will beat you. Spagnuolo's defense in '07 is the living proof of this.

At the moment he has 1 notable pass rusher on the roster in Chris Long. He also just hired an OC that spent last season getting great production from a group of scrubs at WR.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by AdZacO Sat 23 Apr 2011, 4:28 pm

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:Not to mention McDaniels ran Marshall out of town in Denver and proceeded to turn Brandon Lloyd into a star

As i Redskins fan i found that rather annoying as the Redskins, as usual, over paid him like a superstar, and got less than 400 yeards in 2 seasons.

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Post by Lets Go Buffalo Tue 26 Apr 2011, 1:56 pm

I like Ponder to the Bills but I don't see us trading up to get him as we can't really afford to give up any further picks. I suspect that if a QB they like isn't available at 34 they'll look to get a veteran in free agency when it starts. If that is the case I see them going for the best front DE / TE available.
Lets Go Buffalo
Lets Go Buffalo

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 26 Apr 2011, 1:58 pm

Tbh though, I can't see the Bills addressing the QB in FA. They have Fitz who is a fine stopgap, theres no need for another in Buffalo imo.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Lets Go Buffalo Tue 26 Apr 2011, 4:48 pm

We do need a backup QB in case fitz gets injured as Levi Brown isn't ready to step in if Fitz goes down. I'm hoping that there will be QB value at 34. If not I just don't think it would be wise to waste a pick on someone on rounds 3 and after when we have other needs to address.
Lets Go Buffalo
Lets Go Buffalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down