The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pr4wn's Mock Draft v1 (no trades)

+2
GSC
Pr4wn
6 posters

Go down

Pr4wn's Mock Draft v1 (no trades) Empty Pr4wn's Mock Draft v1 (no trades)

Post by Pr4wn Mon 01 Apr 2013, 7:45 pm

1. Kansas City Chiefs - Luke Joekel - OT - Texas A&M

Not sure that this pick is completely set in stone, I don't think that Joekel is as good a prospect as Kalil was last season but he seems to be the safest pick of the bunch. They're not in a bad situation with Brandon Albert being tagged for this year which will allow Joekel to start on the right side this season before moving to LT next season.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars - Dion Jordan - DE - Oregon

Jordan showed off his fantastic athleticism at the combine and I think that's made him favourite for the number two pick. He's shown tremendous pass-rushing ability in the past and that will be sorely needed by the Jags who finished last in the NFL in sacks last season.

3. Oakland Raiders - Sharrif Floyd - DT - Florida

The Raiders need to rebuild their interior line after Tommy Kelly was let go and Floyd is the perfect man for the job. I think he's the best player in this draft class and he should help a Silver and Black defence that was poor against the run and the pass last season.

4. Philadelphia Eagles – Geno Smith - QB – West Virginia

We all know that Smith probably isn’t worth taking here but for all their free-agency additions, the Eagles still don’t have a franchise QB. I certainly didn’t see much from Nick Foles last season and I really don’t think that he is a fit in Chip Kelly’s fast-paced offense. Smith showed good accuracy last season and he had limited turnovers.

5. Detroit Lions – Eric Fisher – OT – Central Michigan

The Lions have lost both of their starting offensive tackles this offseason with Gosder Cherilus getting hugely overpaid by the Colts and Jeff Backus retiring. Fisher was excellent at the Senior Bowl and word is that the Lions really like him.

6. Cleveland Browns – Ziggy Ansah – DE – BYU

Joe Haden has turned into a fantastic corner but the Browns don’t really have anyone effective opposite him. Milliner is probably the best corner of this draft but I don’t believe he’s a Patrick Peterson or Morris Claiborne-type talent. This is why I believe the Browns will go with a pass-rusher here. Ansah has enormous upside and the Browns could use pass-rush help.

7. Arizona Cardinals – Chance Warmack – G - Alabama

I don’t remember the last time a guard went this high but this year’s class has a strange first round. This is undoubtedly the Cards’ biggest area of need. They’re in the midst of acquiring Carson Palmer for this season and they’ll want to protect him to keep him upright and fit. I’m sure that a QB will be drafted next season or maybe further down in this draft.

8. Buffalo Bills – Cordarelle Patterson – WR – Tennessee

The Bills are desperate for receiver help and I think they’ll get Patterson here or they’ll try to move back. Smith is already gone for the QBs so I’ll suspect they might move up to take another QB in the second. Patterson has massive upside but he’s still very much a work in progress. He has to become a more crisp route-runner if he’s to succeed in the NFL but he can be a real threat down the field.

9. New York Jets – Star Lotulelei –DT – Utah

Pouha has gone and the Jets have an enormous (literally) need in the middle of their defensive line. There doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with Star’s heart and he is a big-time talent that will slot straight in either at NT or DE for the Jets.

10. Tennessee Titans – Dee Milliner – CB – Alabama

This position is about right for Milliner in my opinion. Tennessee are desperate for help at the corner position and Milliner can be a starter on day one. I wouldn’t say he has shut-down potential but he would fit well in the Titans’ scheme.

11. San Diego Chargers – Tavon Austin –WR – West Virginia

Austin has been flying up draft boards of late and the Chargers have barely anyone at WR. Alexander should return and Malcolm Floyd is average. Austin would give them that big-play potential and might allow Philip Rivers to start making plays again.

12. Miami Dolphins – Lane Johnson – OT – Oklahoma

Johnson is a huge talent and he could start on either side of this offensive line. Jake Long is now in St Louis and the Dolphins need another starter opposite Jonathan Martin. Tannehill must be their highest priority for next season and they have to keep him on his feet.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Xavier Rhodes – CB – Florida State

This pick may very well belong to the New York Jets by the time the draft comes along but I’ll mock Rhodes to the Bucs here. He has size, speed and ball skills and could turn into a great NFL corner. The Bucs’ need at corner is enormous, even if the acquire Revis.

14. Carolina Panthers – Sheldon Richardson – DT – Missouri

The Panthers must surely sort out their woes at DT this year? Richardson looks great and can help the Panthers out against the run where they were woeful last season.

15. New Orleans Saints – Barkevious Mingo – OLB – LSU

The Saints pick up a pass rusher for Rob Ryan from the local university. Mingo has superb physical tools. If he’s well coached, he has the potential to be one of the NFL’s top pass-rushers.

16. St Louis Rams – Kenny Vaccaro – S – Texas

This might be a bit of a reach but safety is a huge area of need for the Rams. Craig Dahl has gone and he’s wasn’t even very good in the first place. Vaccaro is a big hitter who will really help out this already very good defence.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers – Jarvis Jones – OLB – Georgia

There have been worries about Jones’ health but there’s no way he drops past Pittsburgh who seriously need some pass-rush after the departure of James Harrison.

18. Dallas Cowboys – Jonathan Cooper – G – North Carolina

Cooper looks to be a superb prospect that fills a very large hole in the middle of the Dallas offensive line. All three of the Cowboys’ interior linemen suck and Cooper can play anywhere inside.

19. New York Giants – Arthur Brown – LB – Kansas State

The Giants need pass rush and they need linebackers. It’s my opinion that Brown is a stud who can do it all from the LB position. He’ll be a huge asset to whoever drafts him.

20. Chicago Bears – Bjoern Werner – DE – Florida State

Werner was mocked right at the top a couple of months ago and I think he’s a great talent. Peppers isn’t young anymore and I think that the Bears could use help on the line, particularly off the left edge.

21. Cincinnati Bengals – DJ Fluker – OT/G – Alabama

Andre Smith still hasn’t been re-signed but even if he is, Fluker could slide inside and start at guard.

22. St Louis Rams – DeAndre Hopkins – WR – Clemson

We’ve all been saying it for two seasons now, the Rams are desperate for WR help to give Sam Bradford a consistent target. Hopkins is underrated, in my opinion. He has all the physical tools to be a great receiver.

23. Minnesota Vikings – Keenan Allen – WR – Cal

The Vikings had nothing at WR even before the overpaid for Greg Jennings. Allen is a good possession receiver and Jennings has struggled to stay fit of late so this selection makes a lot of sense.

24. Indianapolis Colts – Jesse Williams – NT – Alabama

The interior of the Colts’ defensive line has sucked for years now. Williams has both size and speed to compete in the NFL and proves to be a reliable pick here.

25. Minnesota Vikings – Sylvester Williams – DT – North Carolina

Kevin Williams is amazingly overrated so the Vikings can replace him or at least help him out by drafting this big, fast tackle.

26. Green Bay Packers – Menelik Watson – OT – Florida State

The Packers seem to always need help at offensive tackle and Watson has been storming up draft boards in the last month.

27. Houston Texans – Datone Jones – DE – UCLA

There aren’t really any receivers worth taking at this stage so the Texans do their best to replace Connor Barwin on defence.

28. Denver Broncos – Tank Carradine – DE – Florida State

Carradine has risen again after his ACL injury last season. He could give the Broncos a real boost after they lost Elvis Dumervil.

29. New England Patriots – Justin Hunter – WR – Tennessee

Tom Brady isn’t getting any younger and Danny Amendola is very injury-prone. Hunter can be a starter on day one to give Brady another option.

30. Atlanta Falcons – Tyler Eifert – TE – Notre Dame

This has to be Gonzalez’s last season, surely. Matt Ryan really relied on him last season, especially on third down and he’ll be somewhat lost once Gonzo departs. Enter Tyler Eifert who is the best TE prospect this year.
31. San Francisco 49ers – Desmond Trufant –CB – Washington

Terrell Brown is a good corner but Carlos Rogers looked shaky last season. Trufant has excellent speed and manoeuvrability and I think he should be taken higher than 30. He’s the one corner in this draft that I think can become shut-down.

32. Baltimore Ravens – Jonathan Cyprien – S – Florida International

I don’t think I’ve seen a single mock with Cyprien going to the Ravens. He looks to be a fantastic safety and the Ravens have an enormous need there after the departure of Ed Reed and Bernard Pollard.

Fire away lads!

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Pr4wn's Mock Draft v1 (no trades) Empty Re: Pr4wn's Mock Draft v1 (no trades)

Post by GSC Mon 01 Apr 2013, 8:34 pm

Eh, I don't see Geno Smith. Think Chips happier to roll with Vick for a year and grab a project or a QB next year.

Don't think SD can afford to pass on a LT. Rivers hasn't been the same without McNeil.

Interesting effort nonetheless.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 01 Apr 2013, 8:54 pm

I think we'll take a WR in the draft, but I'd imagine that if we don't snap up a free agent pass rusher we'll take one of them in Round 1.

I expect the Pats to trade out of round 1 anyways, so dunno who'd they go for in Round 1 haha
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Mon 01 Apr 2013, 9:19 pm

Don't want a DT at all this draft. We have Kenrick Ellis (2011 3rd round pick) and Antonio Garay to split time in 3 man fronts and Mo Wilkerson and Quinton Coples can help out in 4 man fronts.

I would take Dee Milliner or Jarvis Jones from what's left on the board.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Mon 01 Apr 2013, 9:44 pm

Quite like it really.

Slightly surprised with number of WRs (also that Houston didn't take one due to lack of them left... before Patriots take a "day one starter" two picks later).

I also imagine Eddie Lacy will get into the first round despite the devaluation of the RB because one seems to every year even when none should. I imagine it would be someone trading back up into the 1st and as you have't done trades I can't blame you for it!

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Tue 02 Apr 2013, 1:32 am

I keep meaning to put my own up. I have done three 1.0 drafts so far and will be doing a new one tomorrow. I will hopefully get that one up. There will be a few surprise picks too.

On this one I don't see the Eagles taking Geno Smith in the 1st round. They may look at someone like EJ Manuel later on.

I think Bjoern Werner will go earlier. There are a few names missing that I have had consistently in the 1st round but other than that there are some
good selections.

The Texans were well touted to take a 1st round WR last year, particularly Kendall Wright, but went in a different direction so them taking someone like Datone Jones wouldn't surprise me.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down