The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best commentary duo in the NFL?

+5
RDuncan8
Dave.
crazy_dave23
CFCNick
Good Golly I'm Olly
9 posters

Go down

The best commentary duo in the NFL? Empty The best commentary duo in the NFL?

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 25 Nov 2012, 15:33

Who do you guys think are the best commentary duo in the NFL today?

I like Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth. I think they are brilliant, especially Collinsworth who seems to be able to dissect every play perfectly.

Can't stand Joe Buck
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

The best commentary duo in the NFL? Empty Re: The best commentary duo in the NFL?

Post by CFCNick Sun 25 Nov 2012, 15:41

I like Joe Buck but not for commentating. One time Rich Eisen and Paul Rudd called phoned him out of the blue on the REP when Rudd was a guest. He's a funny man when not on TV.

My favourites are Mike Tirico & Jon Gruden then I'd put Greg Gumbel & Dan Dierdorf on CBS and Thom Brennaman & Brian Billick on Fox joint 2nd

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

The best commentary duo in the NFL? Empty Re: The best commentary duo in the NFL?

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 25 Nov 2012, 15:44

I'm always left with Joe Buck and Troy Aikman because they perennially call the Packers game.
I don't think he is that bad, but hey... it's personal opinion.

I agree with Collinsworth Michaels, but they have been bugging me a bit more this year... not sure why!

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 25 Nov 2012, 15:45

And now MJ33 has reminded me...

I like Brian Billick on commentary and, by presumption that MJ33 knows what he is on about, the co commentator must be Thom Brennaman.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Sun 25 Nov 2012, 15:52

Wouldn't be the biggest fan of Buck either.....but that's more his baseball commentary. Wished he would have been a bit more excited on the Flee to Tyree.

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sun 25 Nov 2012, 15:52

I wouldn't know Brennaman's name is it wasn't for a guy on the NFLUK forum posting who's announcing each game each week. Although he hasn't done it for a couple of weeks.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sun 25 Nov 2012, 15:54

Maybe this is why Joe Buck is so disliked. Zero excitement, zero enthusiasm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83zUlYU1SbQ

*EDIT*

SEVENTEEN HUNDRETH POST!!!! Yahoo

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 25 Nov 2012, 15:57

I'm only 92... now 91 behind you...

EDIT In fact I was reading the post total of "Dave"... easy mistake... it's a meer 13

Last edited by crazy_dave23 on Sun 25 Nov 2012, 15:59; edited 1 time in total

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sun 25 Nov 2012, 15:59

I think Joe Buck doesn't give two sh*ts what people think of him though. He gets to do the best games Fox cover and the World Series aaaaand he's best friends from college with Jon Hamm and Paul Rudd.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Sun 25 Nov 2012, 16:53

Gus Johnson

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sun 25 Nov 2012, 17:51

^^^^^^^^ The only commentator on Earth who makes Joe Buck good. Subs passion and entusiasm with shouting and over shadowing his co-commentator.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Charisma Tue 27 Nov 2012, 15:56

1. Ian Eagle and Dan Fouts. There a fantastic pairing. Thank god for them mostly doing the 930 games on redzone.
2. Mike Tirico and Jon Gruden. Mostly for when Gruden says 'THIS GUY!'
3. Brad Nessler and Mike Mayock. Mayock is the best analyst in American Football . I like them on Thursday nights even when the games are crud.

Captain Charisma

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Tue 27 Nov 2012, 17:00

Brad Nessler and Mike Mayock
Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth
1A and 1B IMO.

The rest are all meh, maybe Ian Eagle and Dan Fouts are woth mentioning as well.

Unfortunately as a Pats fan I often have the misfortune of listning to Jim Nantz and Phil Simms.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 28 Nov 2012, 09:22

Mayock talks so much crap. "He's a great point of insertion back" etc. He uses far too much jargon and I swear he just makes half of the words up.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 28 Nov 2012, 09:38

Collinsworth and Michaels by a distance. Really easy to watch SNF

Kinda agree in Mayock, he's a draft guru but he kinda assumes everyone is as smart as he is when he commentates
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Wed 28 Nov 2012, 10:55

GSC wrote:Collinsworth and Michaels by a distance. Really easy to watch SNF

Kinda agree in Mayock, he's a draft guru but he kinda assumes everyone is as smart as he is when he commentates

Pr4wn wrote:Mayock talks so much crap. "He's a great point of insertion back" etc. He uses far too much jargon and I swear he just makes half of the words up.
It's not crap if you understand what he's talking about. Wink

Seriously though I have always felt Mayock does a good job of explaining whats going on, particularly for those new to the game who want to understand and learn about the finer points. Never felt he uses a lot of jargon TBH.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 28 Nov 2012, 11:15

Eh there are a few times where it helps to have seen him in draft analysis
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down