The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can we all behave please.

+44
Cyril
HammerofThunor
gregortree
RuggerBoy
damage_13
emack2
SecretFly
rodders
aucklandlaurie
AlastairW
Rugby Fan
Pot Hale
OzT
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Taylorman
MrsP
doctor_grey
blackcanelion
Hood83
InjuredYetAgain
GavinDragon
kiakahaaotearoa
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Adam D
Mr Fishpaste
thebluesmancometh
Artful_Dodger
kingjohn7
TJ1
nobbled
eirebilly
fa0019
overlordofthewest
HERSH
TycroesOsprey
senghenydd1913
LondonTiger
Morgannwg
Hookisms and Hyperbole
PenfroPete
PJHolybloke
RogerLewis
Duty281
Biltong
48 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Can we all behave please. Empty Can we all behave please.

Post by Biltong Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:04 pm

Guys, I understand the Autumn Internationals is a time where emotions can run high and disappointment can often turn into accusations, wums, negative threads etc.

But really the amount of unacceptable vitriol that has been hanging about since last night is immature and pathetic.

I am asking nicely that we start posting threads that can be contributed to in a positive manner, I will be discussing the behaviour of a number of posters with the admins tomorrow, any further continuance of negative vitriol will be punishable by bans, repeat offenders will suffer worse fates.

Thank you for your cooporation in this regard.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Can we all behave please. Empty Re: Can we all behave please.

Post by Duty281 Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:06 pm

Well said Biltong. The modding may have to be stepped up a notch for the Six Nations where it'll probably really kick off.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:07 pm

People are only discussing events that actually happened.

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:10 pm

Whaaaat?! But I haven't started on Saffer thuggery yet?! warning

PS Whilst I think about it, when you get a min - will you change my username to PJO'Holybloke? Cheers mate.

PPS Any sign of Juan? I've found the receipt. OK
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:10 pm

There is a big difference discussing events of the past weekend in a mature manner and making wild general assumptions of whole nations based on one individuals actions.

There is also an unacceptably immature nature in which personal attacks are levied at people rather than attacking the issues at hand.

Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:11 pm

No sign of Juan mate, I am getting worried.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:12 pm

Biltong wrote:There is a big difference discussing events of the past weekend in a mature manner and making wild general assumptions of whole nations based on one individuals actions.

There is also an unacceptably immature nature in which personal attacks are levied at people rather than attacking the issues at hand.

+1000 clap
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Hookisms and Hyperbole Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:13 pm

How often do we complain about consistency of referees on this boards Biltong? The mods need to do the same. You cannot permit an article that is essentially a deliberate attempt at a WUM on the basis it is from the V2 journal and then crack down on other posters. I don't care about the incident and haven't, nor will I comment on it. But 606v2 was founded on certain standards to make it better than the zoo of the old 606. This weekend has shown this place could head done that road. Either be consistent across the board Biltong or don't bother at all. You can't have it both ways.

Also Roger Lewis is delightful. Laugh

Hookisms and Hyperbole

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:16 pm

Yeah rogerlewis has decided to leave 606v2.

Whilst I am fedup is there anyone else who doesn't know where the door is?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Hookisms and Hyperbole Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:18 pm

Biltong wrote:Yeah rogerlewis has decided to leave 606v2.

Declan Kidney. Have a word with him, will you please?

Hookisms and Hyperbole

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:19 pm

Biltong, some anti-welsh idiots who are obsessed with Wales got a good thread of mine locked. I'd appreciate in future if you could just remove their comments and issue a warning.

I'm assuming you are now banned but if you are reading Roger, I am the one who complained about your England beating up NZ article. We have enough topics discussing Wales vs NZ and Andrew Hore, plus you levelled uneccesary bigotry at New Zealand with what you wrote. My complaint was made to stop another bickering thread, plus it would just give awop more ammunition to come and post more ridiculous articles, ammo he doesn't really need.

Last edited by Morgannwg on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:20 pm

Can I start a who is the best ref of the pro era thread please.

3 options, Lawrence, Barnes and Rolland. Pretty sure that would be a positive, constructive and pleasant thread Wink

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by senghenydd1913 Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:20 pm

just saw an ambulance on the M4 near Bridgend with Roger being restrained from trying to get out of the back doors-he had this funny white jacket on-you've done it now Biltong!
senghenydd1913
senghenydd1913

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:22 pm

Morgannwg wrote:Biltong, some anti-welsh idiots who are obsessed with Wales got a good thread of mine locked. I'd appreciate in future if you could just remove their comments and issue a warning.

I'm assuming you are now banned but if you are reading Roger, I am the one who complained about your England beating up NZ article. We have enough topics discussing Wales vs NZ and Andrew Hore, plus you levelled uneccesary bigotry at New Zealand with what you wrote. My complaint was made to stop another bickering thread, plus it would just give awop more ammunition to come and post more ridiculous articles, ammo he doesn't really need.
Morg, my apologies for locking your thread, but right now I am dealing with a number of reports and need to short the rubbish and vitriol from the board, I will get to the locked threads as soon as I can.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:23 pm

You have built a rod for your own back Biltong when you condoned the pidgin english of a certain poster you made the modding team look ridiculous. Enough people have left this board or rarely post anymore because of the incessant trolling by a few individuals who have been allowed to run amok by the modding team.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:24 pm

I hope I'm not on your hit list Bil? Sad
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:24 pm

In defence of 606V2, I suggest some of you go to the old 606 or the now ScrumV forums and compare them with V2.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:26 pm

TycroesOsprey wrote:You have built a rod for your own back Biltong when you condoned the pidgin english of a certain poster you made the modding team look ridiculous. Enough people have left this board or rarely post anymore because of the incessant trolling by a few individuals who have been allowed to run amok by the modding team.
Tycroes right now your accusations are not helping.

It seems I am alone here tonight and has had enough of this nonsense, I am not the only one trying to moderate the forum and we usually discuss corrective measures as a team.

If you think it is that straight forward you are mistaken.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by overlordofthewest Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:28 pm

Hookisms and Hyperbole wrote:
Biltong wrote:Yeah rogerlewis has decided to leave 606v2.

Declan Kidney. Have a word with him, will you please?

And Priestland until he can regain his form.

overlordofthewest

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:28 pm

Not saying you're wrong in trying to stop this ridiculous anti ABs campaign.... I agree with you. But I would say that I hardly saw any difference to what roger Lewis said.... And what the v2 journal glas a du wrote.

His comments may have been a little more subtle but it was just as poor in taste...I.e. the accusation that the ABs cheat, that they went out to take specific players out early, that they have favour with the irb and Joubert was just out to appease the ABs to benefit his own career.

Why was that not closed down too?

If we're going to have an enforced law, lets use it for everyone.... Mods, v2 writers, the lot.

Otherwise you're doing a good job dude... Trust a boere to being a natural polisieman! Very Happy

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:29 pm

TycroesOsprey wrote:You have built a rod for your own back Biltong when you condoned the pidgin english of a certain poster you made the modding team look ridiculous. Enough people have left this board or rarely post anymore because of the incessant trolling by a few individuals who have been allowed to run amok by the modding team.

Good point, well made. OK

If they don't get dealt with early, they just go on and on and on and I personally find it difficult not to have a go back at them, it's stupid, I know, but it's very difficult to stay out of it. Whistle
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:30 pm

Can I be a Mod for the night Bil?

I help sort out this nonsense.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:31 pm

Jaysus, this forum is a mess tonight with warnings, bannings and locked threads. Must have been a few beers drunk in certain quarters today getting a few people all riled up.

Thank god i didnt drink today Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:31 pm

Biltong wrote:
Tycroes right now your accusations are not helping.

It seems I am alone here tonight and has had enough of this nonsense, I am not the only one trying to moderate the forum and we usually discuss corrective measures as a team.

If you think it is that straight forward you are mistaken.

Heard it all before mate and the same people are causing the same problems. I used to really enjoy coming here and getting a good discussion and a bit of banter but a few individuals have ruined it and the mods do bear some responsibility for that.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:33 pm

HERSH wrote:Can I be a Mod for the night Bil?

I help sort out this nonsense.

Laugh
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:34 pm

fa0019 wrote:Not saying you're wrong in trying to stop this ridiculous anti ABs campaign.... I agree with you. But I would say that I hardly saw any difference to what roger Lewis said.... And what the v2 journal glas a du wrote.

His comments may have been a little more subtle but it was just as poor in taste...I.e. the accusation that the ABs cheat, that they went out to take specific players out early, that they have favour with the irb and Joubert was just out to appease the ABs to benefit his own career.

If we're going to have an enforced law, lets use it for everyone.... Mods, v2 writers, the lot.

Otherwise you're doing a good job dude... Trust a boere to being a natural polisieman! Very Happy
FA, I did not approve of the article, however it was approved as an article for the journal, hence I said my bit on the thread itself.

But right now I seem to be the only one here so I am tryng to do damage limitation.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:35 pm

fa0019 wrote:Not saying you're wrong in trying to stop this ridiculous anti ABs campaign.... I agree with you. But I would say that I hardly saw any difference to what roger Lewis said.... And what the v2 journal glas a du wrote.

But that's the thing. There is no anti-ABs campaign Rolling Eyes. Are you awop's best mate or something? That's all he's been writing since the Rugby Championship and nobody has agreed with him. Probably because most people still have some sanity.

None of awop's articles were taken down and aside from the All Blacks game plan to take out Davies part, there was a lot of truth in Glas U Du's article. Taking it down would just highlight a moderation inconsistentcy.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:36 pm

Being a rugby referee is a pretty thankless task - always 50% will think you go it wrong.....being a mod is worse - and voluntary.
If you don't like their modding follow Morgs advice and take at look at how bad it can get without mods that actually give a shoite.
Lay off or s0d off.

nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:36 pm

Biltong - my suggestion - lock thread started to cause rows - and just ban the trolls. No warning - short ban. they can always be unbanned in the morning

I would also suggest that some posters need to stop being so sensitive.

Too much Holly Wilaboobie for tat and people both complaining of others being on the windup then posters attacking themselves There is a simply way to deal with trolls - ignore them. Just do not reply to them at all. they will disappear if no one answers them.

If you have never moderated a forum then please do not criticise the mods - its a very difficult task to tread the line between over zealous modding and lassie faire

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:37 pm

The offer is still there Bil.

Keep calm Fella I think you guys do a great job, I'd be lost without 606. thumbsup
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:39 pm

Boys are you having a go at moderators? Biltong how much do you get paid for doing moderating? Sweet FA probably, thank you for spending your time helping with a forum that I enjoy very much, aside from the BORING BORING BORING wums. Thanks for the hard work thumbsup

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:39 pm

Double post, sorry.

Last edited by Artful_Dodger on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:40 pm

Biltong wrote:There is a big difference discussing events of the past weekend in a mature manner and making wild general assumptions of whole nations based on one individuals actions.

What struck me was that post being made by one of the 606v2 team, very disappointing.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:42 pm

Thanks TJ, Everyone knows me on this board, I come here to talk rugby that is my passion, I believe .i try to learn as much as possible about every team, I then try to give my objective opinion (well as objective as I can) on each team.

Every time I open a thread tonight or make a post my debating pleasure is interrupted by a notification of a report or I recieve a PM from someone questioning why I did this or that.

Of course there comes a time when you deem it necessary to wind everything a little tighter, I don't mind the criticism, but would like to just debate after a weekend of autumn tests, rather than sortng out issues between overzealous and over sensitive posters.

Is it that hard to stick to a subject or debate n a non confrontational manner?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:43 pm

Jesus will everyone chill out, if Bils the only mod online I pity the poor get!!! This board gets sillier by the day.

It's quite simple, everyone treat the wums as they are, only discuss with those whos opinions you give a poopie about and we'll all be fine mun.

I wouldn't be a mod if you paid me!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Hookisms and Hyperbole Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:43 pm

kingjohn7 wrote:Boys are you having a go at moderators? Biltong how much do you get paid for doing moderating? Sweet FA probably, thank you for spending your time helping with a forum that I enjoy very much, aside from the BORING BORING BORING wums. Thanks for the hard work thumbsup

+1 We shouldn't forget it, but this is our forum as well and we should be able to voice legitimate concerns about how it is run if there are obvious problems. Poor Biltong is talking the brunt as the public face of the mods!

Hookisms and Hyperbole

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:44 pm

"I wouldn't be a mod if you paid me!"

I would.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:45 pm

And I'd support you HERSH, as much as we argue it generally tends to be sensible enough, if not a bit wind up merchant esque, but I get the feeling you'd be fair enough and do a good job mate OK

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:46 pm

kingjohn7 wrote:Boys are you having a go at moderators? Biltong how much do you get paid for doing moderating? Sweet FA probably, thank you for spending your time helping with a forum that I enjoy very much, aside from the BORING BORING BORING wums. Thanks for the hard work thumbsup
Kingjohn you are right we are volunteers, 606v2 is close to my heart, you can see by the number of posts I have made that
I spend a lot of time here.

It is important for me that we debate sport in a constructive manner, if I didn't care, I wouldn't be doing modding, I would just come here and chat to the few that make it a pleasure to debate with.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Fishpaste Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:46 pm

TJ wrote:Biltong - my suggestion - lock thread started to cause rows - and just ban the trolls. No warning - short ban. they can always be unbanned in the morning

I would also suggest that some posters need to stop being so sensitive.

Too much Holly Wilaboobie for tat and people both complaining of others being on the windup then posters attacking themselves There is a simply way to deal with trolls - ignore them. Just do not reply to them at all. they will disappear if no one answers them.

If you have never moderated a forum then please do not criticise the mods - its a very difficult task to tread the line between over zealous modding and lassie faire

Yip. Quite simple: Don't feed the trolls

Mr Fishpaste

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:47 pm

Can I just thank everyone who has stuck up for billing and mods in general.

As pointed out it is a thankless task and he has done great tonight.

As for the article, it was my decision to publish it on the journal. I felt it was an opinion piece that merited discussion ( targeting of a player) and also controversy gets US viewers!

Just because a majority might disagree doesn't mean you have to do so in a immature and Neanderthal manner. The majority of you get this and debate the point not the poster - well done!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:53 pm

Cheers for the voices of support guys. It is a tricky line, and perhaps we've been a bit lenient at times lately on some subjects.

I remind you all that I'm perfectly happy to chat about how and why we moderate stuff via PM - that's generally easier than on a public thread with a whole bunch of vested interests sticking their oar in.

I came across the below the other day, it's more to do with Twitter, but a lot of the sentiments apply here too (I've bolded the ones I particularly liked)

David Aaronovitch's 10 Golden Rules:
1.Twitter IS publishing. Putting it out there for others to read is publishing. So don’t tweet anything you wouldn’t be happy to see on the newsagent’s shelf with a picture of you above it.
2.You think you know the law of libel. You don’t. Nor do any of your friends. I have had grown men telling me on Twitter this week that repeating a libel is not itself libel (it is) or that if you don’t directly say X is a rampant Y, but just hint at it then it doesn’t count (it does).
3.If you’re an obscure nobody who no one follows, but who wants to say something rude sort-of privately, don’t do it under a trending hashtag. You will bring the wrath of thousands of strangers down on your hapless head.
4.Some people LIKE the wrath of strangers. They’re called trolls. If you feel yourself bridling at repeated rude comments aimed at you and your cherished views then just BLOCK the offender. They disappear as if by magic.
5.You are hurt. Wounded. Someone has questioned your talent or integrity. You wish to howl with online pain. Don’t. Those who enjoy your discomfiture will gather like crows around a carcase. Laugh. Put up a smiley.
6.That brilliant retort you have composed, replete with pungent sexual or violent imagery, which will utterly destroy the Twitter foe who has, despite my advice, so annoyed you? Cherish it. Roll its 140 characters on your tongue. And then, for God’s sake, DELETE IT.
7.Don’t tweet while drunk. You think it’s clever, and funny, you giggle and dribble at your own brilliant verbiage. But you are opening wide the gates of Hell. Morning will come, cold and clear.

8.Don’t EVER meet a jolly Twitter companion, even one you’ve been ff’ing (suggesting people follow you every Friday) for months. Not without a police report. I learnt the hard way.
9.Get yourself a decent avatar (picture) on Twitter. Not that default egg or the eye slicing scene from Un Chien Andalou. For everyone else’s sake.
10.Lastly, the golden rule, the rule of rules. Never, ever tweet anything about anybody that you wouldn’t say to their face. There’s a REASON why you wouldn’t say it to their face. They might hit you, or sue you. So why would you want to tweet it?
http://timesopinion.tumblr.com/post/36058467599/the-10-golden-rules-of-twitter

Oh and HERSH, I appreciate the offer, but I still want to have a forum next week Whistle
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:54 pm

Hang in there Biltong.

I echo fa0019's comments. I find it disappointing that an article based mainly on speculation and generalisation gets promoted as a showpiece of V2 whereas other posts of equally poor taste get locked. I'd love to hear Glas a du say what he wrote to Andrew Hore's face.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:56 pm

I like number 10.

Always think of it this way, the Hulk is standing opposite you, he is in a foul mood and ready to clobber you, what you gonna say?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:00 pm

10.Lastly, the golden rule, the rule of rules. Never, ever tweet anything about anybody that you wouldn’t say to their face. There’s a REASON why you wouldn’t say it to their face. They might hit you, or sue you. So why would you want to tweet it?

For me this is basically the rule whenever online, it's way too easy to act a way online that you certainly wouldn't say to a guy stood next to you in the pub.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:02 pm

definitely agreed!

And can i echo the comments made regarding the moderators who give up their time for the smooth running of this forum and who I believe should be applauded for their efforts considering they do it free of charge

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:02 pm

Personally i feel that the moderation on this site is of a high standard. The mods are not faceless, we know who they are and their posting styles.

This is a great place to come, chat rugby and also have a good laugh. Some people just need to stop with the personal attacks. Simples...

eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:04 pm

Personally I would give quite a few folk short bans to stop the personal attacks

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:05 pm

Gavin / Billy

+ 1!!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:19 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Hang in there Biltong.

I echo fa0019's comments. I find it disappointing that an article based mainly on speculation and generalisation gets promoted as a showpiece of V2 whereas other posts of equally poor taste get locked. I'd love to hear Glas a du say what he wrote to Andrew Hore's face.

Why? He'd only wait till his back was turned. (That's a joke to balance out your thinly veiled threat of violence by the way Very Happy )

Honestly, Glas wrote what he did to balance out some of the usual suspect's vitriol, I found it quite astonishing that he was essentisally told by one poster to button his lip in order to not "fan the flames" of said usual suspects trolling.

Now that's an interesting angle.

I'd also like to apologise for any inconvenience I've caused the moderating team this weekend, I'll try harder to ignore the trolls.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next