The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mods

+5
Cyril
rodders
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
gregortree
senghenydd1913
9 posters

Go down

Mods Empty Mods

Post by senghenydd1913 Mon 26 Nov 2012, 6:59 pm

can I just say-being more of a lurker than a poster-I think the mods on this forum do a great job.Last night was abso carnage and mayhem and I really felt for Biltong all on his lonesome trying to keep it all together(which he did).-ffs I wouldnt blame the guy at all if he walked away because some of the vitriol directed at him was beyond the pale-Well done Bilt and lets have a board thats well run and not like some other rugby boards that are just shouting matches. OK
senghenydd1913
senghenydd1913

Back to top Go down

Mods Empty Re: Mods

Post by gregortree Mon 26 Nov 2012, 7:03 pm

big thumbsup thank you to Biltong, although I missed all the fuss ? Headscratch wtf was it about ?

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by senghenydd1913 Mon 26 Nov 2012, 7:09 pm

gregortree wrote:big thumbsup thank you to Biltong, although I missed all the fuss ? Headscratch wtf was it about ?

jesus Greg-you should have been here-mayhem is not the word.
senghenydd1913
senghenydd1913

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Nov 2012, 7:12 pm

Hear hear thumbsup

I see biltong as a poster first and then a mod, same with all mods on here, they're like our mates that give us a clip around ours ears every now and then but by and large they're just posters like us having a chat. Rather that than some anonymous administrator overlord whacking us with a stick. The set up brings a sense of community I reckon.

And anyone trying to judge 606v2 as a forum based on one weekend of madness is unfair.

Back to top Go down

Post by senghenydd1913 Mon 26 Nov 2012, 7:14 pm

ebop- Whisky
senghenydd1913
senghenydd1913

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 26 Nov 2012, 7:14 pm

No BS, but i'm disappointed if it involved users popping at the Mods, who do a great job on here.
I note that the SH is better at modding than the NH... no surprise there sadly. Crying or Very sad

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 26 Nov 2012, 7:40 pm

Biltong what's your stance on justice for Lewis armbands? Whistle

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Nov 2012, 7:55 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:Biltong what's your stance on justice for Lewis armbands? Whistle

He hasn't posted since 12.41am, and his last post suggests that he may have decided to leave...

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 26 Nov 2012, 8:03 pm

No idea what exactly happened but if Biltong doesn't return then it would be a huge loss to this forum.

I notice AWOP is inconspicuous by his absence too......

#Justice4Biltong guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 26 Nov 2012, 8:08 pm

Maybe Biltong is self suspended for a while, or else he might just take out a few users. .. permanently.

Come back Biltong, you are worth a dozen of these unneeded 'low' posters.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon 26 Nov 2012, 8:17 pm

biltong is currently in the staffroom explaining how the weekend shift went to wide-eyed fellow mods.

"You never fought that war. YOU WEREN'T EVEN THERE, MAN!"

Wink

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 26 Nov 2012, 8:24 pm

gregortree wrote:Maybe Biltong is self suspended for a while, or else he might just take out a few users. .. permanently.

Come back Biltong, you are worth a dozen of these unneeded 'low' posters.

He'll just come back under a different name pretending to be Romanian

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Mon 26 Nov 2012, 8:27 pm

rodders wrote:No idea what exactly happened but if Biltong doesn't return then it would be a huge loss to this forum.

I notice AWOP is inconspicuous by his absence too......

#Justice4Biltong guinness

I'm still around rodders. thumbsup I decided to give myself a self-imposed ban from the site because firstly I was getting a bit worked up, and secondly I had a bit of a home disaster involving some errant plumbing work that had been carried out by the previous occupant. Some people should not be allowed near a pipe or a wrench until they pass an exam.

Anyway, I appologise for my part in the debacle. I realise that it's not what I say but the frequency of posts that I say it on is unnecessary and also that it is not my personal mission in life to make everybody agree with my opinions (even when I'm RIGHT).

Thanks to Biltong and the other mods, and I see common sense has prevailed on Glas a du's povocative article.

From now on I will say what I have to say once, not take any more bait (Seabuscuit you rascall) and try to be more like rodders, my posting idol.

Hug

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 26 Nov 2012, 8:41 pm

angel guinness

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon 26 Nov 2012, 8:42 pm

rodders, does this mean it's all your fault? Wink

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 26 Nov 2012, 8:46 pm

Whistle ..... nah .... wish I was involved... but I'm more of a stirrer than a wum..... zen Wink
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon 26 Nov 2012, 8:49 pm

stirrers are just WUMs with a faster getaway car Run

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 26 Nov 2012, 8:51 pm

Mods v Rockers all over again - Although I don't think I could cope with an amicable AWOP - It just doesn't seem right. The site needs to be policed and those involved do a decent job. However, we should all be capable of our own counsel to some extent and if you can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen - Better still don't bother replying to silly posts that are only going in one direction - there are plenty of other interesting and insightful posts on here, just look at most of mine for example - If you are biting at some posts then you need to think why! My advice is to reply either with (i) maturity or (ii) humour. I learned a long time ago that its ok to laugh at yourself, my anglo mates down here just love to wind me up 'cos I'm so passionate! If they said nothing I'd feel ignored and offended - How about we all grow up a little in 2013 and enjoy the debates and our difference of opinions thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Irishhoneymonster Mon 26 Nov 2012, 8:54 pm

I was here for a bit last night and saw some of the apparently controversial thread responses and tbh I was enjoying the responses but then I had to go. The article though I have to say I did not agree with.

The mods here as far as I can see as someone who lurks in the shadows more than being a proactive poster are generally very good and the fact that they are here because of their passion for this sport we love just makes it better. Biltong I find to be a good and balanced poster and I would echo others sentiments that this place would be worse off without him. His modding style is also fair and even-handed in my view.

As far as the article that has caused this goes? Like I say I didn't agree with it. It was a WUM and is not the sort of thing you expect from a mod/v2journal thingymajig Smile

Irishhoneymonster

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 26 Nov 2012, 9:03 pm

Never saw the controversial article.
But generally, I am always amazed at how many fish in this pond bite on what is so nakedly... cake BAIT.
Take a good look at it, don't get Drool hooked, just swim on little fishes...........swim on....

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 26 Nov 2012, 9:07 pm

I've always thought of you as an old trout Gregor so that's very apt mate thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 26 Nov 2012, 9:18 pm

Ruby, thanks, that bait was delicious.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 26 Nov 2012, 9:21 pm

Only too happy to feed thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 26 Nov 2012, 9:24 pm

BBC tonight, Hitler

"Adolf Hitler seemed an unlikely leader - fuelled by anger, incapable of forming normal human relationships and unwilling to debate political issues. "

He'd have made a great 606 poster then.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Mon 26 Nov 2012, 9:26 pm

Godwin's Law.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 26 Nov 2012, 9:45 pm

senghenydd1913 wrote:can I just say-being more of a lurker than a poster-I think the mods on this forum do a great job.Last night was abso carnage and mayhem and I really felt for Biltong all on his lonesome trying to keep it all together(which he did).-ffs I wouldnt blame the guy at all if he walked away because some of the vitriol directed at him was beyond the pale-Well done Bilt and lets have a board thats well run and not like some other rugby boards that are just shouting matches. OK

Well said and i am sure a PM with a few personal words of encouragement and gratitude will help reward mates like Biltongs endeavours.

99% of the rubbish that was posted this weekend was by previously banned users, some of them previously banned multiple times.

These guys were banned for a reason and keep coming back and annoying everyone. I think we all have to help the mods from letting these cretins ruin our rugby discussion forum.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 26 Nov 2012, 9:51 pm

AWOP
Godwin's Laugh never heard of it before but good post.
I was bored on here, checked what was on BEEB and got that quote.
fuelled by anger, incapable of forming normal human relationships and unwilling to debate political issues. "
Nothing sinister about it, and I'm not accusing anyone, it just made me laugh.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down