The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MODS!!

4 posters

Go down

MODS!! Empty MODS!!

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Tue 1 Mar - 9:28

To the Mods - respect what you're doing, this is a great site. But I have to raise an issue - the article regarding manny being a legit 154lb champ has been merged into the 'mayweather pacquiao debate' thread. It was an unrelated thread about the legitimacy if mannys claim to this title, nothing to do with mayweather at all, he was never mentioned. I respect the need to reduce the level of repetetive spamming on the board, but surely a little discretion is needed - surely it can't be the case that every article related to manny or floyd, regardless of the subject, is merged into one big thread? Sometimes, like this instance, a separate issue has been raised about manny that has nothing to do with floyd. This article then becomes hidden within one big article so other posters can't contribute unless they happen to see it when trawling through a tired old 'mayweather pacquiao' thread that has 5 or 6 pages to it. Like I say I respect what you're trying to do, but surely this total whitewashing is a bit OTT? Any chance of unmerging?
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

MODS!! Empty Re: MODS!!

Post by Scottrf Tue 1 Mar - 9:29

Agreed.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 1 Mar - 9:31

Got all excited when I opened this thread, though we were going to be discussing Vespas and Lambrettas and the music of the Small Faces and the Kinks. You can only imagine my disappointment.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 1 Mar - 9:38

the team are looking into it guys

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 1 Mar - 9:44

SBS,

I have looked through the thread and there were a few references to Manny v Floyd and i think the Mods have acted to try and avoid it descending into that debate, given that you are all so vocal about it.

We will unmerge the thread but if it does spiral into a Manny v Floyd debate it will be merged again.

Cheers,

KB

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 1 Mar - 9:48

Okay guys - can you bear with us.

The thread was merged by one of the boxing mods as they felt that similar ground was being covered elsewhere.

We are all new to running forums, so please give a little leaway to matters such as this. I am neither agreeing or disagreeing with the decision, just asking for a little calm whilst we work out if we can unmerge and also what can possibly be done for topics covering Floyd and Mannie.

I am about to open up a thread for the boxing board, to allow you all to give the boxing section the look and feel that you want - please visit it (in 5 minutes) to give your views.

For the time being - we are all trying to get to grips with the software and rules we want in place. Can you please give us a bit of breathing space to sort this out.

cheers

Hobo.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 1 Mar - 9:53

Cheers, but can we make sure that Mayweather references are allowed, if in relation to the article topic.

Comparing it to the Mayweather catchweight is still on topic, and not a post meant for the Pacquiao-Mayweather thread.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Tue 1 Mar - 9:55

King Beer wrote:SBS,

I have looked through the thread and there were a few references to Manny v Floyd and i think the Mods have acted to try and avoid it descending into that debate, given that you are all so vocal about it.

We will unmerge the thread but if it does spiral into a Manny v Floyd debate it will be merged again.

Cheers,

KB

King Bear - I wasnt being unduly vocal about it. It's just that you guys often ask for feedback about the way the site is run, and I am merely raising the issue that if every manny or floyd thread gets merged into one big thread about the two then a lot of separate debate will become lost, on the basis that for most of us it's entirely possible to discuss one without the other. I've already commented that I think this is an excellent site, and I think one of the things most posters appreciate is the interaction of the mods and your willingness to listen to feedback and suggestions. Cheers.

Last edited by Sugar Boy Sweetie on Tue 1 Mar - 9:57; edited 1 time in total
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 1 Mar - 9:56

https://www.606v2.com/t1562-boxing-section-design

could you all read please and give feedback

cheers

h

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 1 Mar - 9:59

Scottrf wrote:Cheers, but can we make sure that Mayweather references are allowed, if in relation to the article topic.

Comparing it to the Mayweather catchweight is still on topic, and not a post meant for the Pacquiao-Mayweather thread.

Scott,

It's trying to differentiate between what constitutes Manny v Floyd debate and when people are actually discussing as part of a topic. You guys have been very vocal about duplicate threads and certain posters preferences to boxers, so in fairness, you can't blame the mods for wanting to nip any potential issues in the bud to avoid conflict.

We've unmerged this one as we can see the intention wasn't to slide into the M v F debate.

It's a learning curve for everyone so if we all push in the same direction hopefully we won't have any issues.

Cheers,

KB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 1 Mar - 10:02

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:
King Beer wrote:SBS,

Cheers,

KB

King Bear - I wasnt being unduly vocal about it. It's just that you guys often ask for feedback about the way the site is run, and I am merely raising the issue that if every manny or floyd thread gets merged into one big thread about the two then a lot of separate debate will become lost, on the basis that for most of us it's entirely possible to discuss one without the other. I've already commented that I think this is an excellent site, and I think one of the things most posters appreciate is the interaction of the mods and your willingness to listen to feedback and suggestions. Cheers.

SBS,

I completely appreciate that mate, as i said, it's just learning to differentiate between whats constructive debate and what's just rehashing old topics.

We'll get there eventually!

thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 1 Mar - 10:03

I realise there will be teething issues, just don't want it to get to the point where a P4P list gets merged into the same thread because you say both their names together. If it goes off topic, perhaps do something with the posts rather than the thread itself, but to not be able to reference one in relation to the other (for the purpose of demonstrating a point relevant to the article) would be silly.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 2 Mar - 18:13

They are The Mods, they are The Mods, They are ,they are, they are The Mods.
Parkas for goalposts, Merton Mick, mm?Marvellous isn't it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down