The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One idea for Wrestlemania - Not based on facts

+11
Kid Vicious
Mr H
Gregers
Hero
sodhat
Kay Fabe
Don Caboose
barry black
BD21
MtotheC
Aaronb33
15 posters

Go down

One idea for Wrestlemania - Not based on facts Empty One idea for Wrestlemania - Not based on facts

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 7:42 am

Why not have Punk hold the belt up until WM.

Then, as we know Undertaker will be retiring soon (well assume) have a title v streak match.....

Gives Taker once last go with the belt and leaves some doubt in the minds as to who will win the match

Back to top Go down

One idea for Wrestlemania - Not based on facts Empty Re: One idea for Wrestlemania - Not based on facts

Post by Aaronb33 Tue 27 Nov 2012, 8:14 am

What's the point in putting the belt on a guy who can only have one match a year without all his joints simultaneously exploding?

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

One idea for Wrestlemania - Not based on facts Empty Re: One idea for Wrestlemania - Not based on facts

Post by MtotheC Tue 27 Nov 2012, 8:24 am

I think it's fair to say that taker's body can't handle another run with the strap, theonly way I could see this happening was if taker retired the next night on raw and vacated the title.

I do have a sneaking suspicion though that punk will go all the way to wm with the title.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by BD21 Tue 27 Nov 2012, 8:52 am

BD21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 9:01 am

Yep, looks like I missed that one!!!!

Suppose I have to wait for all the sarcastic iidiots to wake up now and destroy the thread!

Anyway, Undertaker doesn't have to hold the belt, in theory you could have him in a match the next night as a WM rematch, get some interference, lose the title, job done.....

Back to top Go down

Post by barry black Tue 27 Nov 2012, 10:06 am

CM Punk should beat undertaker bro making punk a legend.
The steak will end plus cena will beat rock time out ta ta for now.

barry black

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Tue 27 Nov 2012, 10:41 am

If the streak were to end (and thats a big "IF"), it should be Cena that ends it finally triggering his Heel turn. That set up alone would be massive.

But thats just my opinion. as for Punk, I don't think he needs the streak now, though I'd certainly support the idea of him holding the WWE Championship until Wrestlemania.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 27 Nov 2012, 11:46 am

The problem I'd have with Punk holding the Title all the way to WrestleMania is that he'd have to drop the belt then...by that time we'd be ready for a new Champion but who? Cena is the obvious choice but we've seen so many Cena/Punk matches over the last year it wouldn't feel special, then we have Ryback, again, that would be a good obvious choice but by TLC he'll have faced him 3 times at PPV, what would be so fresh about them meeting once again? By Mania time they'd have faced 4 times in the last 6 PPVs

I like my WrestleMania Main Event to be matches we don't see often

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 27 Nov 2012, 11:48 am

I think the WM main event might just be 45 minutes of Cena and AJ kissing. They won't progress past making out though, just 45 minutes of lip wrestling.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Tue 27 Nov 2012, 11:57 am

Kay Fabe wrote:The problem I'd have with Punk holding the Title all the way to WrestleMania is that he'd have to drop the belt then...by that time we'd be ready for a new Champion but who? Cena is the obvious choice but we've seen so many Cena/Punk matches over the last year it wouldn't feel special, then we have Ryback, again, that would be a good obvious choice but by TLC he'll have faced him 3 times at PPV, what would be so fresh about them meeting once again? By Mania time they'd have faced 4 times in the last 6 PPVs

I like my WrestleMania Main Event to be matches we don't see often

I agree wholeheartedly. Punk-Ryback or Punk-Cena are not blowaway matches for Wrestlemania. I still feel with a renewed emphasis on the WWE Title itself, a unification with the WHC is the way to go, but I understand that the WHC needs to be kept around for the sake of House Shows and Smackdown tours.

I'm actually struggling to think of viable contenders to the WWE Title if Punk holds on. He's actually "cleared out the division" (in UFC speak) if he retains against The Rock.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 27 Nov 2012, 12:00 pm

The match I'd love to see and think slight seeds could have already been planted for is Punk/Lesnar but unless they can get Lesnar tied up to a new 1 year contract then I doubt they'd have Lesnar go over and I feel that after a potential 18 month reign it would be the perfect time for Punk to drop the belt

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 27 Nov 2012, 12:03 pm

I could see Lesnar going over Punk and then doing an extra match the following PPV v Ryback and losing it. Elevates Ryback to the World Title and has him going over another powerhouse.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Tue 27 Nov 2012, 12:06 pm

I forgot about Lesnar!

Unless Lesnar is tied up for another year with considerably more appearances, I doubt it could happen as you run into the same problem as with The Rock where he's not about to defend the title. But it's certainly an idea and Heyman's part in the whole thing would be intriguing too.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 27 Nov 2012, 12:08 pm

What about Punk vs Ziggler? Its fresh, and Ziggler going over would shoot him to megastardom

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 27 Nov 2012, 12:33 pm

Punk v Ziggler at one of the lesser PPVs perhaps, but not for Wrestlemania. Ziggler simply isnt a big enough draw. If he beats The Rock at the Rumble he needs to face another marquee guy at Mania, not Dolph Ziggler. Besides, Ziggler carries the briefcase for the WHC.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Tue 27 Nov 2012, 12:36 pm

Gregers wrote:What about Punk vs Ziggler? Its fresh, and Ziggler going over would shoot him to megastardom

I know punk has held the title for over a year now but I don't think going over punk would have the same desired effect as a win over cena, rock or lesnar whe. Talking about being shot to stardom. I think there's a huge amount of work still to be done with Ziggler before he can reach star level

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Tue 27 Nov 2012, 1:13 pm

for what it's worth, the names i've seen banded about for punk come wrestlemania are: daniel bryan, sheamus, undertaker, hhh. apparently he'll likely close the show, but they're still working on ideas.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 27 Nov 2012, 2:04 pm

I think it has to be Punk/Lesnar to be honest, particularly if Heyman keeps referring to him as the best WWE Champion 'EVER'...surely Lesner would have a kayfabe problem with that

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 27 Nov 2012, 2:52 pm

I cant really see a Punk v Bryan match having enough impact to close as a show closer when Rock, Taker, Cena, Lesnar, HHH are all likely to be on the card.

Punk v Lesnar, Taker or HHH would be fine by me. They would have to learn from how badly they screwed up Trips v Punk last time though.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Price Check On Jackass Tue 27 Nov 2012, 3:34 pm

'Sarcastic Idiots' I take offence to that, I am in no way sarcastic!

Punk deserves a proper Wrestlemania moment this year. It would have to be against a true big name.

I'd prefer out of those 4 mentioned that it would be against HHH and see punk go over.

Price Check On Jackass

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 27 Nov 2012, 4:27 pm

I'd like to see Punk have a proper beginning middle and ending feud with HHH but if Punk shoots on Trips again the fans will turn him face again like they did last time, its about time McMahon realises as well that fans might hero worship him but they don't like him, he constantly puts himself in the way of a heel in the middle of a big push and it does more harm than good, God knows why they did this with Orton or Punk

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 27 Nov 2012, 5:38 pm

If Punk's going into Wrestlemania 29 as WWE champion and closing the show he's got to contend with the twice in a lifetime Cena v Rock match. In that case the only guy I can see him facing is the Undertaker.

As good as Punk / Lesnar would be, and as logical their storyline could be as Kay Fabe pointed out, I can't see Brock being the guy to dethrone the long running heel champion. WWE will want a feelgood moment to end the show and (probably) Punk's title reign, I don't think Brock's the guy to do it.

Then again Vince might give the people what they want and have Triple H beat Punk.

HUZZAH! Yahoo

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 27 Nov 2012, 8:41 pm

Laugh

If that doesn't get 5s in the rating nothing will...what's Warrior doing?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Wed 28 Nov 2012, 9:25 am

Kay Fabe wrote:Laugh

Still having issues with Hogan, Nash, his neighbours and most of Arizona.
O_O

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 28 Nov 2012, 9:27 am

Kid Vicious wrote:
Kay Fabe wrote:Laugh

Still having issues with Hogan, Nash, his neighbours and most of Arizona.
O_O

As well as just being generally awesome.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Wed 28 Nov 2012, 1:00 pm

Could have Taker wins the title then retire on Raw the next night.

Then have a world war style battle royal (60 man, 3 rings) with the last 6 or 8 entering a WWE Title league similer to the BFG series.

One problem would be not having a WWE champion had a month or 2.
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 28 Nov 2012, 1:16 pm

VDT wrote:Could have Taker wins the title then retire on Raw the next night.

Then have a world war style battle royal (60 man, 3 rings) with the last 6 or 8 entering a WWE Title league similer to the BFG series.

One problem would be not having a WWE champion had a month or 2.

Can't see WWE doing the 3 ring battle royal (as awesome as it would be to see again) because it's a gimmick synonymous with WCW and Vince is loathe to use WCW ideas. Triple H has pushed for a War Games match over the years but Vince won't allow it.

As for Taker retiring following Wrestlemania 29, I just can't see him leaving WWE without facing John Cena at a Wrestlemania. That would surely be a huge money spinner for WWE, and would conjure up a ton of intrigue.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down