The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Euro Division Homepage XLI

+12
Trebs
Fernando
Gregers
FIFA Diva
Hero
cherriesfna
Fan Gilhaus
Good Golly I'm Olly
sodhat
Zinedine_Ze_Zebra
Marky
Afro
16 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Euro Division Homepage XLI - Page 9 Empty Euro Division Homepage XLI

Post by Afro Thu 29 Nov 2012, 8:03 am

First topic message reminder :

606V2 EURODivision

Announcements

Teams in The Fan league, PM tactics to Sodhat and Marky , send votes to Hero
Teams in the Cherries League, PM tactics to Hero, send votes to Sodhat

CUP TACTICS AND VOTES TO MARKY (unless you're in the Spanish group, in which case send your tactics to Afro, please)

Those who voted, and posted tactics can add £2.5m to their budgets.

Those who didn't do both of those things get £1m only.

The Fan Gilhaus 'Whooooo?' League

Deportivo la Chorizo - Gregers Under Brescia FC - Afro Bratwurst Mannschaft - Treble Name Pending - Cherries Bunga Bunga FC - Olly
Total Juan Carrs FC - Hero VFL Bassender - CF

AHAAAAAAAAAA Alan Partridge FC - Tooze

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the Cherries loves Neymar Championship

Atalanta Falcons - Sodhat FC Murder On Zidane's Floor - Zinedine Deportivo My Sharona - Marky Spanish Bank FC - GSC Moleicester City - Fernando
No Respek FC - Azzy Pass the Deutschie - Viva

Bayern My Erch - Fan

Last edited by BigFellasAfro on Thu 06 Dec 2012, 9:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Euro Division Homepage XLI - Page 9 Empty Re: Euro Division Homepage XLI

Post by Marky Mon 03 Dec 2012, 1:36 pm

Fan, it's not that no-one wants Maicon, but you wanted £8m for him last week which is simply too much.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fan Gilhaus Mon 03 Dec 2012, 1:38 pm

reduced the price, he is 6.2 on tm, so will take round about that

Fan Gilhaus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fan Gilhaus Mon 03 Dec 2012, 1:43 pm

right am off now

lioke said anyone want Maicon for cash leave offers on page

Fan Gilhaus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Dec 2012, 1:58 pm

Arsenal had some great teams, and some truly world class players. But somehow Wenger has gone from buying the likes of Vieira, Petit, Overmars, Ljungberg, Bergkamp, Henry, Anelka, Campbell, Gilberto, Pires, Fabregas and RVP and instead seems intent on buying chuff like Park, Chamakh, Arshavin, Giroud, Walcott, Diaby, Mertesacker, Santos...

Wenger was once a great manager - not any more. His treatement of Martin Keown and Steve Bould is shocking, and Pat Rice was marginalised to the point of retirement through no fault of his own.

If Arsenal's Board want to win things, they need to start again. Get the coaching setup right - key men in key positions throughout all levels of the club, get their youth scouting back in shape, their world scouting back in shape too (they need the next batch of Anelkas and Fabregases).

Then sack Wenger and appoint someone who can take the club forward. Guardiola wouldn't stoop so low, but they could look at someone like Hiddink or Deschamps.

Charge less for the fans, get them back on board, and basically get the club back to what it was when it was at Highbury. The new stadium has killed the club.

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Mon 03 Dec 2012, 2:17 pm

You make it sound so easy Azzy Mahmood.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Dec 2012, 2:21 pm

It really, really is, which is why I can't work out why Silent Stan doesn't do it Headscratch

If the team is successful, it makes MORE money. If it doesn't win anything, and starts slipping down the league, it makes LESS money. It doesn't take a genius.

God I wish I was a multi-billionaire, I'd buy Albion and show Abramovich and co how it's really done. First step, no agents fees paid at all. Players will come to me because I'll pay them 10% extra if they don't have an agent with them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 03 Dec 2012, 2:22 pm

I've just copied and pasted Azzy's comment, so that when the Azzrentice task is "How would you save Arsenal FC?", i've got the blueprint to the right answer Wink

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Dec 2012, 3:07 pm

Marky wrote:I've just copied and pasted Azzy's comment, so that when the Azzrentice task is "How would you save Arsenal FC?", i've got the blueprint to the right answer Wink
Haha, nice try Marky, I'd fire you for that Laugh

Next week's Apprentice task is an interesting one, tune in each day for a new cryptic clue as to what it will be Euro Division Homepage XLI - Page 9 3559488474

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 03 Dec 2012, 3:13 pm

You don't need to copy just act incompetent and your win Marky Wink

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 03 Dec 2012, 3:24 pm

As long as you're not bitter about being fired Nando, that's all that matters Wink

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 03 Dec 2012, 3:25 pm

Marky wrote:As long as you're not bitter about being fired Nando, that's all that matters Wink

I've no reason to be bitter Euro Division Homepage XLI - Page 9 3559488474

It's not my fault Azzy makes incompetent decisions when sacking people E.g Olly Whistle

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Mon 03 Dec 2012, 3:25 pm

VivaPaulScholes wrote:My phone charger is not working properly, when I charge my phone and using it at the same time the battery goes DOWN this affects the phone because it does not get charged properly it loses battery quick.

You reckon they'll give me a new phone? Only issue I have is I won't have a phone for a while, Three are stupid if you force or put pressure on them you can generally get what you want unlike Orange and 02.

Sorry mate, I've been at uni.

I'd call and put pressure on them. I don't think they'd give you a new phone unless it's a fault with that phone and not your fault.

Are you sure it's not the charger that's the problem?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 03 Dec 2012, 3:30 pm

Default results already in for the Cup;

English Group:
Moleicester City 2-0 FC SWAG
(Milito, Cazorla)

Italian Group:
Atalanta Falcons P-P Bunga Bunga FC (both sides awarded a default loss)

Spanish Group:
Spanish Bank 0-2 Deportivo My Sharona
(Villa, Jovetic)

Games to vote on;

English Group:
Alan Partridge FC v No Respek FC

German Group:
Bayern My Erch v Bratwurst Mannschaft
Pass the Deutschie v VFL Fassbender

Italian Group:
FC Murder on Zidane's Floor v Under Brescia

Spanish Group:
Deportivo la Chorizo v Total Juan Carrs

Votes for these 5 games to be PM'ed to me by midnight tonight Euro Division Homepage XLI - Page 9 3559488474

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Mon 03 Dec 2012, 3:35 pm

onlytreblewinners wrote:
VivaPaulScholes wrote:My phone charger is not working properly, when I charge my phone and using it at the same time the battery goes DOWN this affects the phone because it does not get charged properly it loses battery quick.

You reckon they'll give me a new phone? Only issue I have is I won't have a phone for a while, Three are stupid if you force or put pressure on them you can generally get what you want unlike Orange and 02.

Sorry mate, I've been at uni.

I'd call and put pressure on them. I don't think they'd give you a new phone unless it's a fault with that phone and not your fault.

Are you sure it's not the charger that's the problem?

I phoned them, they told me to take it down to Carphone Warehouse or Three they'll either fix it for me there (Carphone) or they'll take it in and give me a phon on loan (Three) I've got a two year warranty as long as I haven't dropped the phone or liquid damage. I'll be taking it on Saturday Very Happy Very Happy
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 03 Dec 2012, 3:42 pm

Have updated the Group standings to reflect the default games.

All four groups now featuring a win or bust game for someone chin

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Dec 2012, 4:04 pm

Fernando wrote:
Marky wrote:As long as you're not bitter about being fired Nando, that's all that matters Wink
It's not my fault Azzy makes incompetent decisions when sacking people E.g Olly Whistle
I've had a long look at the Team pages for last week, and it's clear that Olly contributed nothing of intrinsic value to the task. He may have done what was asked of him, but that appears to have been clever management by Trebs, because that wasn't much.

I love Olly like a rather attractive cousin, but I cannot see how people think he should have been kept in. Trebs, Viva and Soddy all had some good ideas, Olly had diddly squat.

But at least it's entertaining for the rest of you Euro Division Homepage XLI - Page 9 3559488474

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 03 Dec 2012, 4:31 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:
Fernando wrote:
I've had a long look at the Team pages for last week, and it's clear that Olly contributed nothing of intrinsic value to the task. He may have done what was asked of him, but that appears to have been clever management by Trebs, because that wasn't much.

I love Olly like a rather attractive cousin, but I cannot see how people think he should have been kept in. Trebs, Viva and Soddy all had some good ideas, Olly had diddly squat.

But at least it's entertaining for the rest of you Euro Division Homepage XLI - Page 9 3559488474

You can't of read it very hard then Azzy all im going to say is when you asked questions afterwards with your 8 questions

In bad points it was sodhat/OTW getting the blame
In your good points Olly was involved in 2/4 of them

You say he did nothing yet im seeing his done the transfer page/ideas for CM/given his opinion when asked/Spotted the courtois error/team bonding

That doesn't look like nothing to me...

#incompetent

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 03 Dec 2012, 4:34 pm

It certainly didn't seem like you liked much of what I did on the task Azzy. I did put effort in, but you weren't keen on my tactics or Schneiderlin. Who I still contend fits as an auxillary squad player.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Dec 2012, 4:42 pm

Nando

Four mistakes:

1. Sale of Frank Lampard (Trebs, Olly agreed, Viva against it)
2. Purchase of Morgan Schneiderlin (Soddy, Trebs and Olly agreed)
3. The training schedule (Trebs, but it was a good idea)
4. The tactics for post-January were a bit vague (Soddy)

Four good ideas:

1. Purchase of M'Vila (Soddy suggested, Trebs decided, Olly agreed)
2. Purchase of Ogbonna (Viva, Olly agreed)
3. Aguirre as AssMan (Trebs)
4. Tactics to January playing to Torres' strengths (Viva, edited by Trebs)

It was hard to find massive fault because both teams did a good job, but in assessing the failure of the task, it wasn’t the mistakes I valued in my decision, but the good points. Of the good points, it split as follows:

Viva = 1.75
Trebs = 1.5
Soddy = 0.75
Olly = 0

I didn’t really mind the mistakes, but when looking for creativity, three guys contributed good ideas, and one guy agreed with two of them. That’s why Olly went.

Soddy - you were fine, the tactics thing was a minor ablution (all I said was that I didn't know when exactly the alternative tactics would be employed), and Schneiderlin wouldn't get anywhere near the team, so that didn't really matter. You did suggest M'Vila, so that got you credit.

I like how people are quick to say #incompetent, but lack the #balls to say who they thought should be #fired. #yougetme

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 03 Dec 2012, 4:44 pm

It wasn't a Courtois error. Courtois is available to recall. The question mark should not have been whether they could, but whether Courtois would want to.

So Olly suggesting they couldn't recall was an error through not enough research.

But although he didn't comment, it did look like he put a lot of the work in
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 03 Dec 2012, 4:47 pm

M'Vila was a terrible recommendation Sod :shakingheadindisbeliefsmiley:
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 03 Dec 2012, 4:49 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:M'Vila was a terrible recommendation Sod :shakingheadindisbeliefsmiley:

I actually suggested a few players of varying price tags as per the request. My personal choice would have been Biglia, but M'Vila was still alright enough.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 03 Dec 2012, 4:50 pm

M'Vila really is poor, he's done nothing this season to suggest he'd be ahead of Joey Barton in anyone's team, following last season's nothingness.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 03 Dec 2012, 4:51 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Nando

Four mistakes:

1. Sale of Frank Lampard (Trebs, Olly agreed, Viva against it)
2. Purchase of Morgan Schneiderlin (Soddy, Trebs and Olly agreed)
3. The training schedule (Trebs, but it was a good idea)
4. The tactics for post-January were a bit vague (Soddy)

Four good ideas:

1. Purchase of M'Vila (Soddy suggested, Trebs decided, Olly agreed)
2. Purchase of Ogbonna (Viva, Olly agreed)
3. Aguirre as AssMan (Trebs)
4. Tactics to January playing to Torres' strengths (Viva, edited by Trebs)

It was hard to find massive fault because both teams did a good job, but in assessing the failure of the task, it wasn’t the mistakes I valued in my decision, but the good points. Of the good points, it split as follows:

Viva = 1.75
Trebs = 1.5
Soddy = 0.75
Olly = 0

I didn’t really mind the mistakes, but when looking for creativity, three guys contributed good ideas, and one guy agreed with two of them. That’s why Olly went.

Soddy - you were fine, the tactics thing was a minor ablution (all I said was that I didn't know when exactly the alternative tactics would be employed), and Schneiderlin wouldn't get anywhere near the team, so that didn't really matter. You did suggest M'Vila, so that got you credit.

I like how people are quick to say #incompetent, but lack the #balls to say who they thought should be #fired. #yougetme

If you don't punish mistakes then your going to end up with a winner who just suggests random crap who's looking like his doing something but actually isn't Sodhat/OTW made the most mistakes throughout of the should of gone

Sodhat/Otw should of gone you know it, I know it and everyone but you seemingly knows it. I don't see how doing your work and pitching in is sackable yet making mistakes isn't it's a team game if you can't give you opinion when others bring their ideas to the table no point you being apart of it weather they agree or not.

#incompetent #shambles #Vivawillwinwealreadyknowthis

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Dec 2012, 4:53 pm

Well I liked it, so that's all that matters Wink

Afro, I can only go by what I can see. All I can see is Olly agreeing with things, which may have been his job in this task, but it meant that he didn't do anything of substance.

M'Vila, surrounded by quality players, has the potential to be a great player. If Chelsea could settle him down, he could be their Makelele. Fellaini could not be that player, ever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 03 Dec 2012, 4:55 pm

Marky wrote:M'Vila really is poor, he's done nothing this season to suggest he'd be ahead of Joey Barton in anyone's team, following last season's nothingness.

I agree he has been poor for a while now, but my main reason for thinking he is a bad fit with Chelsea is his temperament. He is a class A idiot, who is disruptive at club and country (to the extent that he is banned from playing for France for 4 years). he doesn't hesitate to say what he thinks. In Chelsea's dressing room, I think he would cause carnage.

Biglia would have been a good choice. We chose Fellaini because we felt Chelsea really lack any physical presence outside of their CBs and Fellaini would bring that.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 03 Dec 2012, 4:55 pm

If Chelsea could settle him down, he could be their Makelele.

And if my Auntie had a Winkle she'd be my Uncle.

M'Vila has shown no signs of settling down, why would moving to a club where they have no stability regarding managers help him?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Dec 2012, 4:55 pm

Fernando wrote:If you don't punish mistakes then your going to end up with a winner who just suggests random crap who's looking like his doing something but actually isn't Sodhat/OTW made the most mistakes throughout of the should of gone

Sodhat/Otw should of gone you know it, I know it and everyone but you seemingly knows it. I don't see how doing your work and pitching in is sackable yet making mistakes isn't it's a team game if you can't give you opinion when others bring their ideas to the table no point you being apart of it weather they agree or not.

#incompetent #shambles #Vivawillwinwealreadyknowthis
The mistakes weren't a big factor, as they weren't 'mistakes' in the true sense. It's not like they sold Cech and bought Jens Lehmann.

In fact the other team made worse mistakes, but made better good ideas, which is why they won.

Lord Sugar makes decisions not only on mistakes, but also on creativity. Tom Pellereau won The Apprentice despite being in the bottom three about 8 times, because he had good ideas.

#Nando'smanperiod #ifiwasbiasedi'dhavesackedZebs #evenZebsknowsthat'strue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Dec 2012, 4:57 pm

Marky wrote:And if my Auntie had a Winkle she'd be my Uncle.
Laugh

Guys, it's done. One team had the better ideas, and on the losing team, three of the four had a good idea. That's how it was decided. #Nandoisfired

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 03 Dec 2012, 4:59 pm

M'Vila, surrounded by quality players, has the potential to be a great player. If Chelsea could settle him down, he could be their Makelele

M'Vila could never be their Makele. I couldn't disagree with this comment any more. M'Vila would be 4th/5th at best on French national DMs (Mavuba, Capoue, Diaby, Matuidi all ahead for me)
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 03 Dec 2012, 5:00 pm

Lets face it the Azzrentice is a bit of a joke after that decision Euro Division Homepage XLI - Page 9 3559488474

#soddyshouldhavegonesorrysoddybutitstrue
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Mon 03 Dec 2012, 5:37 pm

I can't believe people think I should have been fired Doh

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 03 Dec 2012, 5:44 pm

Trebs, that's cos it's usually the case, that when the team loses and there's no-one really at fault, the blame lies with the Captain, which you were.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Dec 2012, 6:01 pm

However when the task is decided on the balance of positive vs negative contribution, and 3/4 madebetter contributions, it only stands to reason that that last person gets the boot.

All the more reason for people to stand up for themselves in the Boardroom...although the lack of Zebs and Afro is making this week's task somewhat lopsided Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 03 Dec 2012, 6:17 pm

It's alright guys you can screw up as much as you want in the Azzrentice because if you look like you've done some good things you'll get through Euro Division Homepage XLI - Page 9 3559488474

At least in Afro's one I was fired cos I cocked up. This time I ain't done nothing wrong
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Mon 03 Dec 2012, 6:30 pm

Joke or not it's not fair Nando that you're saying I'll win it because Azzy is biased. It's put pressure on Azzy if I win its because he was biased if I lose its because Azzy crumbled under the pressure.

Trying to influence results is not on.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Dec 2012, 6:53 pm

VivaPaulScholes wrote:Joke or not it's not fair Nando that you're saying I'll win it because Azzy is biased. It's put pressure on Azzy if I win its because he was biased if I lose its because Azzy crumbled under the pressure.

Trying to influence results is not on.
Nando couldn't influence an Italian football match with a suitcase of Euros mate, don't worry.

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Mon 03 Dec 2012, 6:59 pm

Haha I believe in you Azzy, you're incorruptible Batman.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Mon 03 Dec 2012, 7:10 pm

This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. You truly are incorruptible, aren't you?

Whistle

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 03 Dec 2012, 7:15 pm

Spoiler:

Well that was fun Euro Division Homepage XLI - Page 9 3559488474

Azzy was caught down an alley with Viva in a WBA Onesie and was handed a bunch of £20 notes that Liam Ridgewell had been using........

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Dec 2012, 7:35 pm

Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 03 Dec 2012, 9:09 pm

Manchester United today named as one of five Premier League teams that have paid no tax at all. Joined by Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle & Wolves
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 03 Dec 2012, 9:23 pm

Wolves Laugh
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 03 Dec 2012, 9:26 pm

Yeah I'm wondering what they actually spent the excess on Laugh
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 03 Dec 2012, 10:07 pm

Isn't that what Rangers did which then left them with a big tax bill?

Or is it more like the legal one which Starbucks, Google and Amazon have been using?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 03 Dec 2012, 10:08 pm

Legal one
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Dec 2012, 11:49 pm

United, Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle and Wolves are all scumbags. As is any large company that doesn't pay tax.

If Albion did that, I'd not support them. #fact

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Mon 03 Dec 2012, 11:57 pm

Do you buy from Amazon or Starbucks?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 04 Dec 2012, 12:00 am

If there was a legal loophole that allowed you not to pay tax would you take it and save yourself however much money per annum?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Dec 2012, 12:03 am

Trebs - no and no.

Hero - not if I already had millions and millions, no. Yet again the rich get richer and the poor have to pay for it. If the rooters hadwaited a couple of years they'd have had plenty of grownups with them I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next