The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hardyz back in WWE?

+10
VDT
Kay Fabe
theundisputedY2D2
MtotheC
Jammy31
NickisBHAFC
Kid Vicious
Crimey
Hero
Dolphin Ziggler
14 posters

Go down

The Hardyz back in WWE?  Empty The Hardyz back in WWE?

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 30 Nov 2012, 2:32 pm

"Matt Hardy appeared on Passing The Torch Radio, promoting an upcoming public appearance. Hardy was asked about the possibility of a Hardy Boys reunion in WWE next year, with him being a free agent and Jeff's contract with TNA expiring in February. Matt's answer was, "Very likely".
Read more at http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/264464#3aHiZGKMLzxqxkgw.99"

Will WWE dare take them both back on? Even if they did, surely they (well Jeff) are too high profile for a tag run again?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The Hardyz back in WWE?  Empty Re: The Hardyz back in WWE?

Post by Hero Fri 30 Nov 2012, 2:35 pm

Hardyz v KOW at Mania?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 30 Nov 2012, 2:47 pm

Think WWE should only take on Jeff Hardy who after years of the reverse is now the more professional of the two brothers. While I think Matt Hardy was quite underrated for a long time, he's gone completely off the rails, is out of shape and I can only think he's pushing for a Hardy Boyz reunion in WWE as it's the only way for him to stay relevant.

Would like to see Jeff Hardy return to the WWE though as I think he still has a lot to offer, it just depends what his mindset is like these days.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Fri 30 Nov 2012, 2:55 pm

No, they need to move on from these guys now.
They're terrible role models, potentially dangerous to work with, a constant liability with the wellness policy and simply don't deserve another run. The WWE would be better off establishing Ziggler, Barrett, Kingston or Cesaro as main event players rather than giving these two muppets another go.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 30 Nov 2012, 3:01 pm

Would 100% take Jeff Hardy back in the WWE, wouldn't be so keen on Matt though. Jeff's final feud with CM Punk in the WWE before leaving was class.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Fri 30 Nov 2012, 3:18 pm

I could imagine Ziggler vs. Jeff being quite a good match to be fair. Would be good to see Jeff return at the TLC PPV though highly unlikely.
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 30 Nov 2012, 3:37 pm

Hardy was well over when his contract ended with wwe so I could see a return happening next year, he's since cleaned up his act and won the world title in TNA putting on some good matches. He's also TNA's biggest merch seller so I'm sure wwe would be open to bringing him back but some garentee's may be needed regarding his health and conduct.

I still believe jeff has a lot to offer and if he's if he's in right frame of mind can deliver as proved by his recent performances.

WWE would love to nab their rivals biggest name and merch seller

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 30 Nov 2012, 3:38 pm

At a time when WWE needs all the stars they can get, Jeff Hardy would be welcomed back with open arms.

Then they'd slam the door shut behind him before Matt could sneak in.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 30 Nov 2012, 3:39 pm

As long as Jeff stays clean I'd bet good money he'll be back in the WWE, Vince loves money and if nothing else Jeff is a cashcow for him, plus he has unfinished business with CM Punk, that's a money feud waiting to be finished.

The only way I can see Matt being brought back in would be to partner Jeff so it'd just be whether Jeff wants to team again or not, he has no value what so ever by himself

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2012, 3:46 pm

Why would Jeff show up at TLC???

He's the TNA World Champion!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri 30 Nov 2012, 3:51 pm

If Hell NO somehow get in a fued with Vince, Vince could been the Hardys back to fight on his behalf!

I would love to see Hell No v The Hardys at WM for the titles
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 30 Nov 2012, 4:38 pm

As a team they could have amazing feuds with Team Hell No and Rey Mysterio n Sin Cara, even with the PTPs and my boy Titus.

I wouldnt mind Punk beating Rock at RR, winning Elimination Chamber and running his mouth about there being no more challenge in the WWE, and then Hardy returning. Hardy taking the belt at WM would be a huge moment.

I think getting them as a tag team would show huge intent to making that division strong again, and I think just having them back would force WWE to make even more strong teams so that the feuds are realistic.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Fri 30 Nov 2012, 5:32 pm

so hardy comes back and gets the title?
what message does that send to the other wrestlers? forget hard work, dedication, effort and our wellness policy. instead be a waster junkie with a death-wish: the fans will love that self destruct image you portray. we'll market it as an alternate lifestyle. slap the belt on him!

no no no! he had his chance. he had his second chance. and third. <<working it out in my head>> and fourth, fifth and six chances. i see no reason to give this waste of flesh yet another go. he will not change. he has done nothing in the last 10 years to even suggest he will change. being "clean" for a year is not good enough for me.

the condition he showed up in against sting was absolutely disgraceful. a colleague, maybe even friend is putting his trust into him to protect him in a match and he shows up higher than aerosmith circa 1975. if i showed up to work like that, guess what? i get fired. no second chances for me.

the last thing wwe need right now is another tribute show to a guy under contract. there's money out there without bringing the rainbow-haired meth head back.

Last edited by Kid Vicious on Fri 30 Nov 2012, 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2012, 5:43 pm

Am I the only one that thinks Hell No's novelty is starting to wear a bit thin now?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Fri 30 Nov 2012, 6:00 pm

I'd just take what Matt Hardy says with a pinch of salt here guys, the guy just likes to here himself talk.

I've read through a few comments here, and just to clear things up, Matt has now got himself back into shape and works for a few indy promotions, he's always been one for making comments just to get some attention. Before he left WWE he was crying out that he was being held hostage, i bet it doesn't look to bad if he's performing in front of 200-300 fans these days.

Jeff will remain loyal to TNA, they stood by him after that famous inserdent, pure and simple! He's not going to russell feathers as he likes to work TNA's schedule. Anyway, what thoughts are going through all your heads thinking that The Hardys would return as a tag team?

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Fri 30 Nov 2012, 8:55 pm

FreekShow wrote:Am I the only one that thinks Hell No's novelty is starting to wear a bit thin now?

No.... (and I have noted the irony of this statement)

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 30 Nov 2012, 9:06 pm

WWE shouldn't take either back, certainly not Matt. Not worth the risk.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Fri 30 Nov 2012, 9:31 pm

Jeff on his own can get over without killing himself. As a team, they always relied on insane spots. It's almost like Matt drains Jeff's natural charisma and he has to make up for it by jumping off things. They're both getting on a bit now, it's not like they can do half the stuff they used to without doing some serious harm to themselves. If they did ever team up in WWE again, it'd be for a short blast of nostalgia. I can't see them ever having a meaningful run as a team on the big stage again.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 01 Dec 2012, 12:10 am

I don't see why Jeff would want another run with Matt unless the WWE really made their Tag Team Division something worthwhile, he'd get more satisfaction being a big fish in a small pond in TNA than he would being saddled with Matt having to carry Jinder Mahal and his ilk through matches in the WWE

Whether people like them or not the Hardy Boyz where absolutely huge and big money spinners, they tapped into a market and it stuck, whether it was intentional or by accident it happened and their fans grew up but strangely still stuck with them, I think it was due to their vulnerability, the WWE in time will want to put them in the Hall of Fame, they know they'll make a mint in merch in doing so, and I believe that Vince will want some new material for another DVD release of the due either as a team or as individuals (Jeff anyway)

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 01 Dec 2012, 2:07 am

Kid Vicious wrote:so hardy comes back and gets the title?
what message does that send to the other wrestlers? forget hard work, dedication, effort and our wellness policy. instead be a waster junkie with a death-wish: the fans will love that self destruct image you portray. we'll market it as an alternate lifestyle. slap the belt on him!

no no no! he had his chance. he had his second chance. and third. <<working it out in my head>> and fourth, fifth and six chances. i see no reason to give this waste of flesh yet another go. he will not change. he has done nothing in the last 10 years to even suggest he will change. being "clean" for a year is not good enough for me.

the condition he showed up in against sting was absolutely disgraceful. a colleague, maybe even friend is putting his trust into him to protect him in a match and he shows up higher than aerosmith circa 1975. if i showed up to work like that, guess what? i get fired. no second chances for me.

the last thing wwe need right now is another tribute show to a guy under contract. there's money out there without bringing the rainbow-haired meth head back.

I think we're watching a different product, cos Im sure the WWE has never really been about the hard working, good guy getting his day (in reality, if not kayfabe). Its about the names that excite the crowds and make money. Jeff Hardy would make them a lot of money and a returning feud with Punk has a lot of potential in the money stakes, and makes perfect kayfabe sense considering how he left. This isn't normal work either, in the same way Carlos Tevez got a title medal last year after his strop, whereas you'd be long sacked if you refused to work.

TNA have clearly forgiven him, and theres guys in that company who 'deserve' the title more than him.

In the same way that if Cena's merch stopped selling, people stopped reacting and ratings fell with him as champ, they wouldnt keep him as the top dog as a thanks for all the hard work. They'd send someone else to the make-a-wish people and Cena would fall down the card.

Lesnar cut n run and came back for a lot of money for part time work, does that show the roster they should all bugger off for UFC? Its business, and if Jeff generates mass interest then hes worth the signing. If he came back full time and wrestled top of the card he'd be entertaining too.

If im not mistaken he left the company on his own terms anyway. He may not even want to leave TNA, but he must know that one big run with the WWE will set him up hugely for the rest of his life, and cement a positive legacy for him as a huge name in the industry, something he may never be able to do with TNA.

Vince will want that money. I think those in the back know how it works. The talented wrestlers dont always catch the gimmick or the moment to connect with the audience. I'd enjoy seeing him in the ring and on the show, I'll let go of how Cody Rhodes feels as I turn on Raw.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Sat 01 Dec 2012, 11:51 am

I don't think what measge it sends to the other wrestlers in the back would even cross vince's mind, he will do what's best for business, always does

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down