The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tonights action updates/spoilers thread

+27
TimeBomb
compelling and rich
Seanusarrilius
TheMackemMawler
Rodney
Sir. badgerhands
ShahenshahG
bellchees
bhb001
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Steffan
EdWoodjr
Fernando
John Bloody Wayne
as1079
hampo17
Rowley
KO-KING
djlovesyou
skimpton
Fists of Fury
Union Cane
KP4959
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
AlexHuckerby
Lumbering_Jack
BallchinianMuffwig
31 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tonights action updates/spoilers thread - Page 2 Empty Tonights action updates/spoilers thread

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

I've no access to a television set tonight...any round by round updates of tonights action would be much appreciated!
Cheers Smile

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Tonights action updates/spoilers thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Tonights action updates/spoilers thread

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:06 pm

Dawson has no ambition, Freddie is awful yet Dawson just wants to tie him up

Dawson is never going to fight infront of a crowd this big for the rest of his career and he was stupid not to push for the W

Back to top Go down

Tonights action updates/spoilers thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Tonights action updates/spoilers thread

Post by hampo17 Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:08 pm

Dawsons face when the result was read out was one of shock, surely he can't think he won that. He did nothing for 8 minutes.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:08 pm

Even though Dawson was like a punchbag that moves now and again fair do Freddie got more cheers tonight that playing that dull colonial game he usually does Laugh

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:08 pm

Fair play to him for having a go but in all honesty he clearly has no natural aptitude for boxing. That right hand was pure playground stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:09 pm

Quite possibly the worst thing I have ever watched, and I say that as someone who has seen a number of Adam Sandler films.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:10 pm

Lol Geoff, it was truely awful laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:12 pm

Flintoff looked worse than Rwanda.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:12 pm

Fair play for trying though.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:13 pm

Awful awful awful. Seen better quality white collar events.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:14 pm

He was awful and went over the first time he got caught and wont make a career from boxing

Fair play to him for losing that weight and getting interested in a sport but it isn't to be

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:14 pm

Just to clarify for those of us too principled/tight to line Frank Warren pockets, who won and was it justified?
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:16 pm

Ha ha, the swear filter changes f15h e.y.e.s to frank warren, that's brilliant.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:18 pm

R1 Flintoff won the first (based on coming forward throwing punches and his opponent just looking to survive)

R2 Flintoff gets knocked down.

R3 Repeat of round 1

R4 " "

Flintoff wins by decision. Fair but awful.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:18 pm

The most hilarious sweat filter event surely has to be onetwo talking about the Tyson r4pe case. Anyone remember this.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:18 pm

Think we need to have some perspective with this, no amateur back ground fighting against a pro and he won. Was never going to be one for the purists, but the guy Freddie was fighting is a disgrace. When you look at how much he has dedicated himself to this for 8 months, for Dawson to turn up hugely overweight with boobs that Jordan would be proud of that he should retire.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:18 pm

SBS it was like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG5My-ar6V4

Watch from 1.20

ghost

emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:18 pm

I noticed that as well sugar. I thought it was Union editing!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:19 pm

Flintoff, outworked the other guy with windmill slaps. Flash knockdown in the 2nd but he won the other 3.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:23 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:The most hilarious sweat filter event surely has to be onetwo talking about the Tyson r4pe case. Anyone remember this.

When he couldn't figure out what was happening that was hilarious!!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:23 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:The most hilarious sweat filter event surely has to be onetwo talking about the Tyson r4pe case. Anyone remember this.

ahahaah omg guys help? Wats going on?!!!

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:26 pm

He was so utterly confused...

I'll try dig it out.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:26 pm

How did he get 39 points after being knocked down?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:28 pm

Do think folks are being slightly harsh with Flintoff here.
Of course he had no real skill and his technique was fairly woeful, but the guys only been at it for a few months.

If anything, it gave a good insight into what pro fighters put themselves through and the sacrifices they make to even be ready to step into the ring.

Saying that, I hope he doesn't feel the need to have a second fight, but fairplay to the chap. Got himself in decent shape and gave it a go.

Some seem to be having a real dig at him though for not being the second coming of Ali!! Smile

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:29 pm

Like I said this morning how did he get a pro license ?

A stain on a professional boxing for me that nonsense I actually watched, fair play for getting there and getting fit, but it was sheer dire nonsense and why were the rounds reduced to 2 mins?

Get back to Jacamo

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:32 pm

Union Cane wrote:How did he get 39 points after being knocked down?

Maybe the other guys negativity after scoring a knock down was enough fro it to be given as a 10-9 in Dawson's favour?

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:32 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:He was so utterly confused...

I'll try dig it out.

Dig it out jack, if there's one thing I enjoy it's onetwo making a berk of himself.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:33 pm

A lot of criticsm being layed on Flintoff for certain quarters but nobody mentioned his opponent who actually was a pro. Yes Flintoff look wild and unskilled but for an 8 month novice its expected. What concerns me is that guy has won two fights, he doesn't throw punches just tries to have a cuddle. He's in the wrong job.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:36 pm

hampo171 wrote:A lot of criticsm being layed on Flintoff for certain quarters but nobody mentioned his opponent who actually was a pro. Yes Flintoff look wild and unskilled but for an 8 month novice its expected. What concerns me is that guy has won two fights, he doesn't throw punches just tries to have a cuddle. He's in the wrong job.

The guy didn't even have a trainer Hampo.

2 minute rounds, atrocious quality, as Jack said seen much better quality at white collar events.

A stain on the PROFFESIONAL boxing license for me, utter garbage,

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:38 pm

Sir. badgerhands wrote:Do think folks are being slightly harsh with Flintoff here.
Of course he had no real skill and his technique was fairly woeful, but the guys only been at it for a few months.

If anything, it gave a good insight into what pro fighters put themselves through and the sacrifices they make to even be ready to step into the ring.

Saying that, I hope he doesn't feel the need to have a second fight, but fairplay to the chap. Got himself in decent shape and gave it a go.

Some seem to be having a real dig at him though for not being the second coming of Ali!! Smile

OK
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:51 pm

Dawson wasn't there to win, lets be honest. He threw what, eight punches? Freddie was cr*p, but who expected anything different. Glad it's done. We have Cotto back in action tomorrow to balance out the weekend.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:07 am

Union Cane wrote:How did he get 39 points after being knocked down?

made no sense, he won but surely 38-37

round 1 10-9
round 2 8-10
round 3 10-9
round 4 10-9

38-37

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:08 am

Seanusarrilius wrote:Dawson wasn't there to win, lets be honest. He threw what, eight punches? Freddie was cr*p, but who expected anything different. Glad it's done. We have Cotto back in action tomorrow to balance out the weekend.

thought that too, after the knock down you would expect him to jump all over him but he just sat back. was paid to lose, looked almost shocked wen he knocked freddie down

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by TimeBomb Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:28 am

We've got a former heavyweight champion of the world trying to win popularity in the jungle and a former world class cricket all rounder trying to be a professional boxer and somehow Flintoff gets more criticism.

My personal situation is that I love boxing, envy previous generations that got taught it at school and would love to do a white collar event having started training a year or so ago in my late 20s.

In that context I think Freddie is an absolute legend for putting himself in this situation. Of course he's never going to be a proper pro boxer, but in fact he's showing how awesome pro boxers are by working as hard as he has and despite his enthusiasm being less than competent.

Personally I applaud his courage, I wish I had more myself and I don't think his adventure has weakened boxing whatsoever. On the contrary I think he has shown how utterly outstanding boxing is in terms of athleticism and dedication.

Watching him fight (poorly) tonight has simultaneously increased my respect for Flintoff, my respect for boxers in general and my love for the sport.
And its made me want to do a white collar even more.
Win win win imo.

TimeBomb

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:34 am

I haven't watched the fight but if Freddie got knocked down against the run of the action and otherwise won the round then he lost the round 10-9, as the rules allow for?
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 am

On a side note, why are fit polish birds kicking about with ugly plebs sporting a garish tracksuit, brogues, and leather jacket combo?
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:06 am

it wasn't as bad as some debut fights ive seen (that doesnt make the fight any better i know), i think freddy probably forget everything he learned it the last six months and was than keen to punch the guy he was virtually falling over his own feet the entire fight. im sure he will have been told, and certain on the tv he was punching in straight lines- but he was swing wild and slapping. he deserved to win on heart, workrate and probably punches landed.

apparently the other guy broke someones ribs in his last fight so getting up and carrying on shows a tiny suggestion of a chin, and he fell over his own feet slightly too. id watch him and wish him well if he wanted to have a little crack at boxing again, winning a debut is a great acheivement and with the first one out the way he might relax and focus a little better.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:31 am

Are we talking Flintoff in his prime or what here?

I didn't watch it. It was a circus act. Fair play to him for trying. I assume he doesn't need the money and its a challenge. I hope he keeps it up as he will only improve. Who know's he might get to domestic level but, at his age, he won't get better. But it isn't for me to dictate or patronise his ambition so good on him!

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:33 am

At the risk of being banned...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX8Ue50vmko

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:27 am

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:30 am

Its like someone from the 15th century encountering automatic doors and fleeing in terror

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:42 am

Thanks for that link LJ, was a very funny read.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:15 am

Cheers LJ, have never seen that before, funny.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2