The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alonso: The miracle of me

4 posters

Go down

Alonso: The miracle of me Empty Alonso: The miracle of me

Post by bogbrush Mon 03 Dec 2012, 1:06 pm

Here's an interesting stream of consiousness from a man obviously beside himself at failing to pick up the title on a technicality.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20579507

Of course, the enquiry was "for the fans"; his tweet about rules and miracles was something else entirely. Rolling Eyes

I'm sure the Ferrari engineers love being called incompetent d1cks every time he speaks. At least he gets a partner who exists only to support his coause but it's not like the good old days when he could get people driving into walls when he needed, back when he won drivers championships.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Alonso: The miracle of me Empty Re: Alonso: The miracle of me

Post by Guest Mon 03 Dec 2012, 2:06 pm

It was an unbelievable drive from Alonso this year and the respect amongst his fellow drivers and the fans has propelled him to the top of F1. I love his little dig at Vettel, stating to be an F1 great, you need to do more than win titles and experience seasons like he has endured and come through with flying colours.

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 03 Dec 2012, 2:13 pm

The "cr@p Ferrari" is a myth pushed by Alonso to support his ego. In reality it was comfortably as fast in race pace as the others and more reliable than his rivals. He lacked in qualifying for sure, but in the sport now with DRS and dodgy tyres that's not the handicap it once was.

This statement looks like an eruption of what was barely controlled through the season; frustration that he couldn't hold onto that massive lead. I get it, he must still think back to 2010 and wonder how on earth he lost it in that final race.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 06 Dec 2012, 4:00 pm

bogbrush wrote:The "cr@p Ferrari" is a myth pushed by Alonso to support his ego. In reality it was comfortably as fast in race pace as the others and more reliable than his rivals. He lacked in qualifying for sure, but in the sport now with DRS and dodgy tyres that's not the handicap it once was.

This statement looks like an eruption of what was barely controlled through the season; frustration that he couldn't hold onto that massive lead. I get it, he must still think back to 2010 and wonder how on earth he lost it in that final race.

Give your head a shake..or are you just trolling? picard

Ferrari went with a "radical, aggressive" design at the start of the season, which backfired quite spectacularly. They were only 4th fastest, behind Red Bull, McLaren and Mer cedes at one point.

Alonso's not a great driver, eh? Tell that to Lewis Hamilton. Fernando gave him a run for his money the season they were together at McLaren. Both drivers still have huge respect for each other, despite their bust-up.

Alonso did bloody well to keep Vettel from claiming the drivers' title until the final race. Yes, the Ferrari looked good in a few races, as did the McLaren, to a greater extent, but once Red Bull hit their stride in the development stakes, everyone else was always going to be playing catch-up.

I've never particularly liked the guy, but he has earned my respect for his performances this season.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 06 Dec 2012, 6:37 pm

Hmmm, you're going have to point me to the bit where I evaluated Alonso's driving. I can't find it.

I know Fernando gave a novice a good run for his money in his first season. I mean, wow.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 06 Dec 2012, 9:09 pm

Eh, it wasn't ever the best car but it was competitive. Not like Alonso was driving a HRT every race, it was certainly one of the better cars in racing conditions.

Obviously Alonso is a great driver, but losing with class has never been his forte.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Fri 07 Dec 2012, 9:35 am

dyrewolfe wrote:
Alonso's not a great driver, eh? Tell that to Lewis Hamilton. Fernando gave him a run for his money the season they were together at McLaren. Both drivers still have huge respect for each other, despite their bust-up.

huh? I would argue it was LH that gave Alonso a run for his money. I EXPECTED Alonso to be at least on par with LH as he was the current 2x WDC.

Though LH and FA consider each other Masters when its comes to racing an F1 car.

But this is an old and settled argument.

Moving on.......... Smile

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down