The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is trash talk worth the bother????

+3
Jimmythebullet
andrewmarkhall
TRUSSMAN66
7 posters

Go down

Is trash talk worth the bother???? Empty Is trash talk worth the bother????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 03 Dec 2012, 7:30 pm

I can remember back in 87 when Frank Tate fought Olajide...In their press conference to announce the fight....Tate said "I'm going to hunt him down and destroy him".....The usual talk.....

Come fight night it seemed Olajide had prepared for this scenario......However Tate never talk a forward step and Olajide seemed completely unprepared to fight offensively...hitting the deck several times on his way to a shutout loss.....

Barkley said he was going to tear Van Horn's heart out and ripped the title off him seemingly before the first bell..........

Bowe-Donald.........but that was a punch...

All these fights might just be the better fighter winning who knows.........

Is trash talk really worth the bother..Constructive trash like Tate perhaps...but surely somebody is either going to be intimidated or not by a reputation and not a few words!!!

Me...I don't think it is worth the bother...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Is trash talk worth the bother???? Empty Re: Is trash talk worth the bother????

Post by andrewmarkhall Mon 03 Dec 2012, 7:36 pm

Well you only need to look at the Tyson Fury's bout build up. I think it was refreshing to see two boxers sitting down and discussing their up and comming bout and how boxing has helped their lives.

andrewmarkhall

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 03 Dec 2012, 7:44 pm

I like a bit of mutual respect Marky.....

Not sure Hoppo's flag trashing act worked.........certainly helped motivate at least thirty prospective opponents and led to an impromptu roadwork session!! Laugh

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmythebullet Mon 03 Dec 2012, 8:36 pm

It's worth it if you are fighting someone who is hot headed, can be riled easily, and thrown off their game plan, i.e. Khan..

Jimmythebullet

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 03 Dec 2012, 9:02 pm

Not sure I just think...Khan is instinctive like Holyfield...

Bang on head....brawl..etc

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 04 Dec 2012, 12:23 pm

it didnt work for degale, if anything it made groves more determined and cost him the fight

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 04 Dec 2012, 12:29 pm

It should be expected by all fighters now. Sometimes it's fine/funny, over times OTT.

Danny Garcia's dad does my head in as he's not even the one entering the ring taking the risks.

I know he does it to help hype a fight and maybe distract attention from his son who doesn't get involved in all the drama but I find really disrespectful and I actually find myself wanting Danny to lose because of his dad!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 04 Dec 2012, 1:38 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:It should be expected by all fighters now. Sometimes it's fine/funny, over times OTT.

Danny Garcia's dad does my head in as he's not even the one entering the ring taking the risks.

I know he does it to help hype a fight and maybe distract attention from his son who doesn't get involved in all the drama but I find really disrespectful and I actually find myself wanting Danny to lose because of his dad!

Angel Garcia although very disrespectful towards Khan, he got inside his head am made Khan fight the wrong fight and got duly spanked out. I think Roach should have intervened and nipped all this arguing in the bud before Khan got rattled and reminded Khan that he was fight Danny not Angel.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 04 Dec 2012, 4:11 pm

I would also say it gets you more column inches. More people talk about you, generally speaking. Floyd Mayweather is generally in what peple describe as "dull fights" or has a "dull style" (not my opinon) however, so many people buy PPV's to see him lose due to hsi trash talking behaviour.

I guess it's worth it to his bank balance.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down