The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TRASH TALK

+15
coxy0001
Fists of Fury
Knowsit17
paperbag_puncher
Haito
Solerina
TopHat24/7
88Chris05
superflyweight
HumanWindmill
School Project
BALTIMORA
AlexHuckerby
Rowley
oxring
19 posters

Go down

TRASH TALK Empty TRASH TALK

Post by oxring Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:45 am

Dear all,

Trash talk has been closed. This is a permanent, not a temporary measure.

The trash talk section has been continually abused since its opening and had a temporary closure as a warning a week ago. As a collective, you have failed to change your ways and so, as a collective you will lose the subsection.

This is a sports forum. There is a section open specifically for off topic discussion - and if you wish to have off topic discussion, perhaps you should continue it there.

However - the boxing board will remain for boxing alone. Most of us met on the beeb - where off topic debates would be removed. There is no reason why this should be any different on 606v2.

Finally - this is not an opportunity to take main topic debates "off topic". We understand that in the natural progression of an argument, things can move away from the original topic. This will not be punished. However, deliberate attempts to sidetrack an argument will result in a ban. No warnings, no pms, no polite requests.

Any complaints or queries, as usual, should be directed to the mods and admins by pm.

Best wishes,

The moderation team
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

TRASH TALK Empty Re: TRASH TALK

Post by Rowley Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:48 am

No class some folk.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:51 am

Was good while it lasted I guess.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:54 am

Cheerio then.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:55 am

I have one day out of the office and this is what happens, honestly without my class, maturity, good humour and calming influence you are like animals round here. Sometimes think there is only me and Truss with any class on here.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:04 am

Silly question, but what was the purpose of the Trash Talk section really?

It was a good place to put humorous boxing stuff in, like the MS Paint thread or boxing jokes...

Instead you'll find these crop up on the main board now, and what is the likelihood of them being deleted from there?

It doesn't bother me as such, it's just a question as this is just a board about Boxing. But this particular board does have a stronger sense of community than any other I've been on and it's good to have a laugh on here.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:12 am

Many threads were veering off topic, SP, and the off topic stuff was being removed.

There was some resistance from those who wished to banter, so ' Trash talk ' was set up to cope with the overspill as a concession to those who wished the banter to remain exclusively among boxing members. However, it evolved into something quite different, spawning its own threads and, sometimes, getting seriously out of hand. There was no way to moderate it efficiently in terms of man hours.

There is ample facility for a wide variety of off topic discussion at the main forum, so banter can continue. The boxing section, however, will remain exclusively for boxing discussion, as explained by oxring, above, and off topic threads and comments will be transferred to the general off topic section at the main forum.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:23 am

Sounds like over-zealous modding from some quarters.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:57 am

Bonjourno!

Following the closure of trash talk this post is just to confirm that your threads have not been deleted. We are in the process of moving them to the relevant sections (TV, Music, Off topic etc) so they will be there if you wish to continue your discussions.

YI

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:59 am

You may want to instruct your blue-top buddy up there on how to impart the relevant information more clearly in future. Got the impression he'd made an executive decision. OK

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:03 am

do fear this may end up making this site lose its edge in truth...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:07 am

I thought his announcement was pretty clear.

Warnings of closure were given but they were ignored, it was being abused and so has now closed. What's not clear about that?

There are loads of sections on here to talk about anything you want. Balti will testify to this. (Yes, i've seen you in the joypad section)
Its an extra couple of clicks to get to a topic you want to chat about.
Is it really that difficult to do?

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:07 am

BALTIMORA wrote:You may want to instruct your blue-top buddy up there on how to impart the relevant information more clearly in future. Got the impression he'd made an executive decision. OK

The "blue-top buddy" is always available by pm for any queries or concerns, as are the rest of the moderation team.

Sure I mentioned that actually...
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:12 am

Y I Man wrote:I thought his announcement was pretty clear.

Warnings of closure were given but they were ignored, it was being abused and so has now closed. What's not clear about that?

There are loads of sections on here to talk about anything you want. Balti will testify to this. (Yes, i've seen you in the joypad section)
Its an extra couple of clicks to get to a topic you want to chat about.
Is it really that difficult to do?

no however there is a clear reason you have taken the trash talk section out and gone with this main thread nonsense even though you are saying theres no change and its because you wont get people posting on the main thread and in truth it kinda kills the community here.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:13 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:do fear this may end up making this site lose its edge in truth...

oxy has laid out the reasoning for closure with perfect clarity, Alex.

Had ' Trash talk ' been used for the purpose for which it was opened, there would have been no reason for its closure. ' Trash talk ' was a concession, and a concession which was abused. That is not our responsibility, but the responsibility of those who abused it.

You also seem to labour under the delusion that a vocal minority is the same thing as a majority. It isn't, and the overwhelming majority of members wish to discuss boxing, and preferably without sifting through the marvellous intricacies of your sexual preferences.

As Y I Man has pointed out, you still have ample opportunity to discuss non boxing related subjects.

You simply cannot do it here any more.

Last edited by HumanWindmill on Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:16 am

Sorry Alex, but that is not correct.

Trash Talk was not removed to get you all to only post on the main boxing section.

It was removed because of constant breaking of site rules, day after day after day after day..
PM warnings were ignored, threads by Windy and myself warning about the possible closure were ignored. Even the temporary removal of the section was ignored. That is why it has gone, and for no other reason.

Yes, there were some threads that are ok and that is why they have been maintained and moved to other sections.

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:22 am

Thanks for the response Windy.

It's a shame that we lost the MS Paint Thread. That was without doubt the thread of the year.

I just wish I didn't post that thread about the Toast Sandwich now as I feel I've only contributed to the closure of it.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:28 am

School Project wrote:Thanks for the response Windy.

It's a shame that we lost the MS Paint Thread. That was without doubt the thread of the year.

I just wish I didn't post that thread about the Toast Sandwich now as I feel I've only contributed to the closure of it.

You're welcome, SP.

Your ' Toast Sandwich ' was no problem.

Tell you what, I'll drop your MS Paint thread back on to the main page, since it concerned boxing, and I'll ' bump ' it to make sure it's current. ( Will need to make sure that it's all clean first, mind. ) That way, even if there are no more contributions to it, you can copy the link location and will always be able to revisit it.

Only condition is that it isn't used as a substitute ' Trash talk. ' If it is so abused, I'll have to remove it again.

Fair?

Perhaps you'd let me know if you'd like me to do this. I was expecting to not be here for three or four days as from tomorrow. Complications might mean that this situation will need to be postponed for a few days. That being so, I can do it for you tomorrow, if you wish me to. If I shouldn't be here in the morning it will mean that the original schedule remains and that I will, indeed, be gone for a few days.

That being the case, please drop me a PM, and I'll action it when I get back.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:00 am

Can't say there weren't any warnings. A shame but can understand why it's been done.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:22 am

Frequented the 'Trash Talk' section now and then but didn't use it anywhere near as much as some others, which probably explains why I'm not as fussed about it going as a few of the other lads are.

Might seem boring to some others, but I have noticed a bit of a downturn in boxing talk on v2 lately; not sure how directly responsible (if at all) 'Trash Talk' was for that, but if it picks up again I suspect we'll all move on and forget about it in less time that we thought.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:31 am

Ja mein fuhrer!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:28 am

I can't find the Strictly thread Sad

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Haito Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:47 am

It seems the petulent kids playground stuff from the original 606 has followed on over here aswell. Shame really.
Haito
Haito

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:55 am

Didn't really have time to use the Trash talk section so not too fussed. Don't worry Alex there are plenty of other sites out there for you to find a life partner if thats what you're worried about OK

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:03 am

Wasn't particularly big on the TT section anyway save as a means to conserve some of boxing's more traditional banter and have some fun and a laugh occasionally.

However some people apparently take banter too far. I feel some people with less of a calm demeanour than others tend to take wumming too far sometimes, though they are openly provoked in certain cases. I take it this is what the mod team means when they mention baiting (?)

Speaking strictly as an observer, I'd say this forum, like any other, has its share of undesirable individuals who are more intent on unsettling than debating and have their own ways of stirring up trouble (be it subtle or obvious) and are naturally the heart of the problem. Also I sometimes find it hard to differentiate between acceptable and unacceptable banter/wumming. Of course it's an issue of individual standards, some are deeply offended (and as a result respond with interest) by statements or remarks that wouldn't even slightly sting others. Nothing different than unfortunate social patterns everywhere imo.

I now wonder if ironically I've sailed off topic with that rant and of course it probably isn't my business to make this speculation in the first place, rather the mods' area of expertise OK

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:26 am

HumanWindmill wrote:
School Project wrote:Thanks for the response Windy.

You're welcome, SP.

Your ' Toast Sandwich ' was no problem.

Tell you what, I'll drop your MS Paint thread back on to the main page, since it concerned boxing, and I'll ' bump ' it to make sure it's current. ( Will need to make sure that it's all clean first, mind. ) That way, even if there are no more contributions to it, you can copy the link location and will always be able to revisit it.

Only condition is that it isn't used as a substitute ' Trash talk. ' If it is so abused, I'll have to remove it again.

Fair?

Perhaps you'd let me know if you'd like me to do this. I was expecting to not be here for three or four days as from tomorrow. Complications might mean that this situation will need to be postponed for a few days. That being so, I can do it for you tomorrow, if you wish me to. If I shouldn't be here in the morning it will mean that the original schedule remains and that I will, indeed, be gone for a few days.

That being the case, please drop me a PM, and I'll action it when I get back.

Haha don't worry about the MS Paint thread mate, I'm sure we can create more monstrosities in the future mate.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:37 am

Haito wrote:It seems the petulent kids playground stuff from the original 606 has followed on over here aswell. Shame really.

It is indeed, Haito.

Here is my honest opinion on the matter, gents.

Trash talk, initially, was a good concept. It freed up the main page from some of the more wild off-topic discussion quite well. However, it turned into a bit of a 'Wild West', making it incredibly difficult and time consuming to moderate, and like it or not it did start to have a negative impact upon the main board. 606v2 has an off-topic section, there is no reason why anyone wishing to discuss random thoughts cannot go there, and in hindsight it is clear to me that the boxing section is best left purely for boxing.

Trash talk became incredibly tedious, in my eyes, with the same jokes, jibes and nonsense being churned out so often that I didn't even bother contributing other than to moderate it. The final straw for me however was the reduced activity of some of our finest boxing posters in recent weeks. This is a major worry as far as I am concerned and the damage done to the boxing section if they ceased contributing (I have about 5 or 6 names in mind) would be almost irreparable. Those members probably know who they are (*cough* 88chris05, captain carrantuohil, colonial lion, alexd/Miles Templeton, Clay Moyle) and if they're reading this I really do hope you guys stick around, particularly now that the more nonsensical element of the section has been removed. Likewise, trash talk seemed to prevent another couple of active and superb posters from talking boxing.

So, overall, that is my honest opinion and I'm looking forward to getting stuck in to some good boxing articles rather than spending my entire day moderating trash talk OK hope you fellas understand where I'm coming from.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:08 am

Who was to blame this time?

I'm going to bet that Tina had something to do with it.

I cannot be blamed however.... Bearing in mind i'm almost at god status on the board would writing a heart felt, gushing, borderline bribing PM to the admins do the trick to get it back?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:15 am

No mo1

Tis gone, and we move on.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:18 am

No one member to blame, rather a systemic failing of the subsection to adhere remotely to the boundaries within which it was created.

There is a section for off topic discussion and banter here:
Spoiler:

Existing threads will be moved there, so your works will not be lost.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:29 am

No, it's not gone. Well, not without me moaning it hasn't.

I don't know what PMs go on, what is said.... and i accept i was part of the problem a week or two back, but can't we all just get along and after a rollocking from a PM adhere to it?

Why are threads not deleted yet the whole thing has to go?

Problem is, you're not going to get every single boxing topic stay on topic. It's a boring place to be when we're not able to have a bit of banter, most of us have posted and replied to thousands of comments. It's natural we're going to stray, and to put a leash on such a common thing would be wrong and a bad move for the board in my honest opinion.

In all of this i blame Tina.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:29 am

oxring wrote:No one member to blame, rather a systemic failing of the subsection to adhere remotely to the boundaries within which it was created.

There is a section for off topic discussion and banter here:
Spoiler:

Existing threads will be moved there, so your works will not be lost.

Can i just say, i am not amused.

Pram. Paraffin. Match... Comes to mind.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:34 am

Not bothered, TT was a good idea in principle for the odd bit of off topic banter but it became a bit of a clique. At the end of the day this is a boxing forum, not Facebook.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:36 am

Comedy isn't going to be stopped. Completely de-railing threads obviously will be. You know what balance is right, it isn't difficult.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:36 am

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:Not bothered, TT was a good idea in principle for the odd bit of off topic banter but it became a bit of a clique. At the end of the day this is a boxing forum, not Facebook.

thumbsup

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:42 am

Fists of Fury wrote:Comedy isn't going to be stopped. Completely de-railing threads obviously will be. You know what balance is right, it isn't difficult.

Thank god my comic genius isn't going to be restrained and that you can create threads that won't be derailed as they're already erring towards comic genius...... Whistle

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:46 pm

Failed to see the point of trash talk in truth, a boxing forum is what it says on the tin a forum to discuss boxing, we'll get banter in amongst debate anyway.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:51 pm

I cannot be blamed however.... Bearing in mind i'm almost at god status on the board would writing a heart felt, gushing, borderline bribing PM to the admins do the trick to get it back?

One might think you were vying for installation to the post of moderator. Never imagined you to be a desk type coxy but then again we're all familiar of the rumoured perks that come with the job.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:46 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Failed to see the point of trash talk in truth, a boxing forum is what it says on the tin a forum to discuss boxing, we'll get banter in amongst debate anyway.
Don't get your hopes up.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:52 pm

Yeah it ain't easy with the likes of balti commenting, I'm yet to laugh!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:05 pm

Don't blame you. You're a bit off-topic there though... Whistle

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:21 pm

Although I am sad to see the end of TRASHTALK I think we must recognise the behind the scenes work that the mods have to do. They maintain the forum we just contribute, anyway I hope TRASH TALK will make 1 final return its all too much before xmas.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:27 pm

perhaps it was a good idea - no more onetwo conspiracy theories

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:46 pm

Tina is quiet this morning, along with Rowley... Have they been put on the naughty step? I was busy all yesterday so missed it all melting down.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:50 pm

Tino and Rowley haven't graced the naughty step - although I can't account for why they aren't posting.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:57 pm

I am, have posted on the over rated and Haye thread today, was out of the office yesterday. I am never on the naughty step, I can conduct myself in an adult and mature fashion.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:00 pm

Just a reminder that this thread is to announce the end of the trash talk section, it is not a continuation of the trash talk section.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:02 pm

Lock it, eveyone has read it now and has had opportunity to respons, also as the original thread says can be done through PM, bring over the iron fist approach that has made the UCPL such a roaring success mate.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down