The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What will the Carolina Panthers do?

3 posters

Go down

What position will they take with the first pick in the draft?

What will the Carolina Panthers do? Vote_lcap0%What will the Carolina Panthers do? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What will the Carolina Panthers do? Vote_lcap0%What will the Carolina Panthers do? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
What will the Carolina Panthers do? Vote_lcap75%What will the Carolina Panthers do? Vote_rcap 75% 
[ 6 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
What will the Carolina Panthers do? Vote_lcap13%What will the Carolina Panthers do? Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
What will the Carolina Panthers do? Vote_lcap12%What will the Carolina Panthers do? Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8

What will the Carolina Panthers do? Empty What will the Carolina Panthers do?

Post by Derbyblue Sun 24 Apr 2011, 6:38 pm

As I said in the “What would you do if you were the Carolina Panthers GM?” topic, the Panthers GM Marty Hurney has said he is still undecided on what to do with the first overall pick in this year’s draft. So unlike in the topic I previously mentioned where I asked what you would do, here I want you to predict what the Panthers will do, what position will they take and who? Or will they trade down and accept picks with a lower value than the first overall pick?

For me I think they’ll take Cam Newton with the pick, the amount of times I’ve seen headlines saying that’s who they want, and the amount of mock drafts I’ve seen that have the Panthers taking him, just makes me think there’s something in it, and although it’s not what I would do if he reaches his potential then the Panthers will have made the right pick and they’ll have found their franchise quarterback.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

What will the Carolina Panthers do? Empty Re: What will the Carolina Panthers do?

Post by GB1919 Sun 24 Apr 2011, 8:03 pm

QB for me too, and Newton as well. Fully agree with Derbyblue that the number of mocks predicting this are difficult to ignore. The one interesting thing I have read though is that Mike Mayock isn't sold on the idea that the Panthers will take him. His knowledge of the players is pretty good and his draft (when he releases it) could be an interesting read.

The tight-end answer is even more intriguing than my offensive line answer on the other thread.

GB1919

Back to top Go down

What will the Carolina Panthers do? Empty Re: What will the Carolina Panthers do?

Post by Derbyblue Sun 24 Apr 2011, 8:31 pm

I saw that headline too about Mike Mayock, my only problem is he doesn't have a draft and instead has his list of the top 32 prospects in the draft.

I was interested by the Tight End pick too, someone chose Tight End in the other poll but haven't seen any posts where people have said they would pick Tight End, I also don't see a Tight End worth the first overall pick, I don't think I've seen very many drafts where Rudolph has been taken in the first round and he is the top Tight End in this years draft.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by arizona_tom Sun 24 Apr 2011, 9:36 pm

theres no question in my mind that there going to pick cam de man

arizona_tom

Back to top Go down

Post by GB1919 Sun 24 Apr 2011, 9:59 pm

I know Mayock has only done a top 32 prospects so far but I was listening to one of Rich Eisen's podcasts and he claimed that Mayock would release a mock draft on Wednesday. If I find it I'll flag it up here.

I think, as I put in my mock, that Atlanta will take Rudolph in the first round as Tony Gonzalez has said he will retire if there is any significant delay to the season and even if not has only one year left in him anyway. Certainly can't see the Panthers taking him. Maybe Rudolph is a member on here and is trying to engineer himself a move up the board.

GB1919

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon 25 Apr 2011, 4:46 pm

Cheers GB1919, I'll be checking the NFL site on Wednesday then looking out for his draft.

Good point hadn't taken the retirement of Gonzalez into account, it would be good for him to get an extra season in the league. They do have quite a few Tight Ends though, but I expect getting Rudolph in would be the most sensible replacement for Gonzalez. I think that's probably not the easiest way of increasing your draft stock, but Hurney might be checking the web for a bit of inspiration which means if he's paying attention to what we would do they're going D-line, but they may be paying attention to our predictions then they're going QB.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down