The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

+86
goldwolf
poc.sco
seanmichaels
Hulking_up
STC
Pr4wn
rIck_dAgless
CaledonianCraig
kingraf
bhb001
Duty281
JDizzle
jimmyinthewell68
SirJohnnyEnglish
Hero
The Saint
Hoggy_Bear
Trebs
XR
Breadvan
robbo277
RinoGattuso
MIG
ShahenshahG
Sir. badgerhands
Enforcer
nadeem2099
Derbyblue
TRUSSMAN66
Shot 21 LCFC
Silver
bsando
azania
MtotheC
tomfinneywalksonwater
Mind the windows Tino.
McLaren
hornbloweroafc
Rowley
Cari
Steffan
TM Moot
two_tone
Thunder87
TheMackemMawler
bluestonevedder
Lumbering_Jack
LivinginItaly
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Y I Man
The Best in the World
Crimey
ChequeredJersey
Colan (niner)
Mr Bounce
Cyril
Mike Selig
Scott is Back
SharkSoul
Thomond
guildfordbat
djlovesyou
dummy_half
Blade
Knowsit17
Bull
westisbest
teassoc
Dr Gregory House MD
Il Gialloblu
Ent
kingjohn7
hampo17
Liam
Galted
Adam D
Morgannwg
superflyweight
compelling and rich
Nakatomi Plaza
Skydriver
Stella
Smirnoffpriest
mystiroakey
Mad for Chelsea
Kenny
90 posters

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 16 Empty The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

Post by Kenny Sun 09 Dec 2012, 1:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

I took the kids to the cinema yesterday to watch Rise of the Guardians , it's good but not great .......but the kids loved it so if your stuck for something to do then it's a good way to keep them entertained for a hour and half or so .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 16 Empty Re: The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

Post by STC Mon 12 Aug 2013, 3:41 pm

Last night I watched...

The Visitor (2007).

One of the best films I've seen for a while. Not your typical Hollywood guff, but a small budget independent type thing. Truly compelling story, interesting characters and some excellent performances, particularly from the lead, Richard Jenkins. It's good to see a film made in the US, post 9/11, that kind of makes the US look like the bad guys (well, mainly their harsh treatment of immigrants).

Also, "Michonne" out of The Walking Dead is in it, and she did such a good job portraying an illegal Senegalese immigrant that I didn't even realise that it was her until this morning when I checked to see who she was.

If you don't watch The Walking Dead then...........you should.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 16 Empty Re: The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 13 Aug 2013, 1:19 pm

Against my better judgement I went to see The Heat last night. It is a few amusing lines and situations strung together with some terrible acting, paper-thin plot and a shedload of nothing. Both Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy sleepwalk their way through it and are usually WAY better than this dross. Apart from about 4 or 5 well-placed lines this film would be on a par with After Earth in its awfulness. It is also utterly predictable. And McCarthy's character's low-rent Boston family were so mind-numbingly awful I actually half expected them to be played by Eddie Murphy in heavy make-up.

After 30 minutes I was bored. After an hour I wanted to hurt someone. The only reason I didn't quit was that I was getting a lift home with my friend who doesn't usually leave the cinema.

Don't waste your time with this. It will disappoint you. Borrow it on DVD from a friend who's been stupid enough to buy it in a few months. You can then have the satisfaction of giving it back knowing you have never contributed to the coffers of the production company that made it. 3/10

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Aug 2013, 2:47 pm

Wife wants me to download it after saying her friend went to see it and laughed continuously. I'm confused as the friend in question is a relatively sane sensible woman and generally calls it like she sees it. Most of the people on here seem to be slating "The Heat" with all the venom they can muster so I wonder what it is that she finds so funny about this film.

Still think I'd rather watch Sharknado

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Tue 13 Aug 2013, 4:32 pm

Can't even be arsed to check the actual name because it was so bad but just finished watching Wolverine Goes To Japan or something. Absolute gash. Never cared less about any film I've ever at through. What a waste of time. Fuming.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Tue 13 Aug 2013, 4:41 pm

Il Gialloblu wrote:Can't even be arsed to check the actual name because it was so bad but just finished watching Wolverine Goes To Japan or something. Absolute gash. Never cared less about any film I've ever at through. What a waste of time. Fuming.
laughing 

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 13 Aug 2013, 5:46 pm

I have managed to watch 3 minutes and 5 minutes of The Heat before I turned it off.

Not my sort of thing. I used to have a crush on her when I was a kid. Not anymore!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 13 Aug 2013, 6:29 pm

Watched Sharknado last night. Its that much of a 0/10 that it might just be a 10/10. It simply HAS to be watched to be believed.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Wed 14 Aug 2013, 7:41 am

finally seen oblivion with tom cruise . i enjoyed it but could see the ending a mile off . my mate stopped watching it after an hour because it was slow

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 14 Aug 2013, 9:46 am

Watched The Raven with John Cusack the other night, decent watch probably a 6/10. Ending did seem rushed though, and the reveal wasn't great.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 11:03 am

Saw The Raven a while back and was expecting more but then again with Cusack I was expecting much so I pretty much got what I expected. I expect this film will also live up to/fail to live up to the expectations of others.

Started watching Seven Psychopaths last night. Enjoyable if a little convoluted (although I'd had a beer or two and it was late so it may not be as complicated as I thought...may have dozed off a bit too) Sam Rockwell is excellently unhinged and Christopher Walken is, well, Christopher Walken!

Looking forward to finishing it off at some point

Back to top Go down

Post by The Best in the World Wed 14 Aug 2013, 1:37 pm

re-watched Nolan's Batman saga the other night, all three of them. what a trilogy.
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 1:43 pm

The Best in the World wrote:re-watched Nolan's Batman saga the other night, all three of them. what a trilogy.
They got progressively worse as the series went on for me, Rises was the worst of the three.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 2:00 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:
The Best in the World wrote:re-watched Nolan's Batman saga the other night, all three of them. what a trilogy.
They got progressively worse as the series went on for me, Rises was the worst of the three.
You are a miserable git...is it because Alan Sugar doesn't love you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 2:02 pm

Alan Sugar loves me fine, it's the Queen that doesn't like me Laugh

For me, Nolan's Batman films deteriorated in quality. The best was Batman Begins, TDK was excellent, but TDKR was poor and not at all what I wanted from the last film. Terrible.

Batman Begins was fantastic The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 16 3559488474

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 2:12 pm

Think people were expecting too much after "The Dark Knight" That film set the bar extremely high and Nolan was going to have to make one of the greatest Action/Super Hero films in the history of cinema in order for it to live up to the hype.

To say it was terrible seems a bit of an over-reaction but then again you may just be a hysterical girl's blouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 2:19 pm

I am that. I so am. TDK had everything a Batman film needed, but TDKR had everything it didn't - a woeful villain who I never thought could outwit or outfight Batman, a stupid hole in the ground that was obviously going to form a central part of the storyline, and yes, more stupid gadgets. TDK set Nolan up for a heroic finish, yet instead he limped over the finish line. It's a real shame, but I am very happy that we have a Robin going forwards to the next set of films The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 16 3559488474

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 2:25 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:I am that. I so am. TDK had everything a Batman film needed, but TDKR had everything it didn't - a woeful villain who I never thought could outwit or outfight Batman, a stupid hole in the ground that was obviously going to form a central part of the storyline, and yes, more stupid gadgets. TDK set Nolan up for a heroic finish, yet instead he limped over the finish line. It's a real shame, but I am very happy that we have a Robin going forwards to the next set of films The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 16 3559488474
Robin, the campest Superhero of all time (if you discount Dragman!). A whingy spoilt brat who needed a good slap every day whether he needed it or not (he usually did).

He reminds me of Harry Enfields "Kevin the Teenager"

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Wed 14 Aug 2013, 2:39 pm

Am I the only one here who didn't like TDK? I've tried a couple of times to watch it but it loses me near the end. It's kind of overkill for the senses. It's just too much.

It's hard to explain.

You know like when you go to a really posh buffet and there's countless plates piled high with various beautiful and delicious snacks and cakes and stuff and you just can't help yourself and you try all 48 of them and the really nice ones have have two of each and by the time you've almost finished you just feel ill and couldn't even look at a vol-au-vent, never mind eat it?

Yeah well kind of like that.

I did like TDKR though, purely for is utter ridiculousness and for the fact that I couldn't understand a word that Bartley Gorman was on about.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 2:41 pm

Movie 43.

Apart from a couple of funny bits.........
Dreadfull.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 7:18 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Started watching Seven Psychopaths last night. Enjoyable if a little convoluted (although I'd had a beer or two and it was late so it may not be as complicated as I thought...may have dozed off a bit too) Sam Rockwell is excellently unhinged and Christopher Walken is, well, Christopher Walken!

Looking forward to finishing it off at some point
Good movie, I really enjoyed and thought the end was brilliant

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 14 Aug 2013, 7:21 pm

westisbest wrote:Movie 43.

Apart from a couple of funny bits.........
Dreadfull.
Agreed. One of the worst films i have seen recently.,

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Wed 14 Aug 2013, 7:45 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Think people were expecting too much after "The Dark Knight" That film set the bar extremely high and Nolan was going to have to make one of the greatest Action/Super Hero films in the history of cinema in order for it to live up to the hype.

To say it was terrible seems a bit of an over-reaction but then again you may just be a hysterical girl's blouse
                    Laugh      the best batman film by far  starred Adam west . did u see that shark attack him while dangling from  the bat helicopter  . amazing stuff . he should put that shark repellent into production . four super villains too and yes i am being sarcastic

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Aug 2013, 12:36 am

The Conjuring

im so fed up of these half assed attempts to make a scary movie. Just an absolutely awful movie that is as much based on a true story as the above dark knight movies were

seriously Hollywood. Stop taking a incident were a few bumps were reportedand blowing it all out of proportion. It really isnt entertaining

Back to top Go down

Post by The Best in the World Thu 15 Aug 2013, 2:19 am

I saw The Conjuring the other day Gazzy, and thought it was good?

what about it made you not like it?
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 16 Aug 2013, 3:11 pm

Watched Atlantic Rim last night which was a mockbuster of Pacific Rim. Dont bother with it, just wait for Pacific Rim. Not sure what the point of mockbusters are.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 16 Aug 2013, 5:15 pm

They're made in the hope people buy them by mistake.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:54 pm

Pain & Gain. Really enjoyed it. 7/10

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Sat 17 Aug 2013, 7:09 am

everytime a big blockbuster film comes out you can bet ur life asdas shelves will have a cheap version made in the eighties .

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Sat 17 Aug 2013, 2:22 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:
Have to agree.
Begins is a fantastic film and i still get goosebumps at the end when Batman gets handed the joker card.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 18 Aug 2013, 9:43 pm

The Place Beyond The Pines.

very enjoyable

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 18 Aug 2013, 9:49 pm

Ah, I've been avoiding that. Can't stand Bradley Cooper or Ryan Gosling.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sun 18 Aug 2013, 10:05 pm

Watched The Place Beyond The Pines last night, can't stand Bradley Cooper or Ryan Gosling either but the film is worth a watch, was quite ambitious how the three story-lines were fitted together but worked fairly well.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Sun 18 Aug 2013, 10:36 pm

I thought it was pretty good, really liked the soundtrack.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 18 Aug 2013, 11:27 pm

Thought it was very good.
Thought Cooper and Gosling were good in it.
Gosling at times reminded me of his performance in Drive.
Got no problem with either actor.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 19 Aug 2013, 8:31 am

I really like both actors.

Cooper is growing as an actor big time- this and silver linings has taken him into the serious actor category!!. Gosling just has that presence , he is just always going to be good on screen in these sort of roles. Not sure if he is the amazing actor others rate him as. But for me he has exceptional screen presence- You cant help be drawn towards him.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 19 Aug 2013, 9:01 am

I took my eldest two to watch Planes yesterday.

I was basically Cars but set in the sky. The writers haven't even tried to move away from the formula and it was a bit of a let down. Lightning McQueen becomes Dusty Crophopper, Mater becomes Chug, Sally becomes Dottie, Chick Hicks becomes Ripslinger and Doc becomes Skipper. No imagination and no really interesting characters.

Cars is pretty much the perfect kids animated film but Planes doesn't even belong in the same bracket. They will never recreate the magic of Cars but it seemed like they had privately acknowledged that at Pixar and instead decided to cash in on the formula without any attempt to make an original film. I get why they do it as the money rolls in but just a shred of creativity wouldn't have been too much to ask?

The kids loved it but as a cynical and questioning adult, it was dull, insipid, characterless and unoriginal. There were one or two amusing lines but nothing much more than that.

It wasn't even as good as Cars 2 which is saying something.

Kids score = 8/10.
Adults score 3/10.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 9:10 am

Jack Reacher - I was expecting big things, I got a handful of smart-alec remarks and a plot that I saw straight off. A gigantic disappointment. From a ladies' perspective, Tom only gets his shirt off for about 10 seconds. The wife was not happy.

6/10.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 10:49 am

The Best in the World wrote:I saw The Conjuring the other day Gazzy, and thought it was good?

what about it made you not like it?
Probably personal taste more than anything.

I really enjoyed the story aspect of it (its never true in a million years) but it was a nice story nonetheless. Just predictable bumps and bangs and things rushing past take the enjoyment out of the genre. Think it built the tension but the evntyual scares were a letdown

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:44 am

I saw the Conjuring on Saturday with the wife at the local cinema. Thoroughly enjoyed it, especially the two screams from the the girl in the row behind us quickly followed by her boyfriend trying to clamp his hand over her mouth. Good story to it, pretty predictable, but some good jump moments as the girl behind would testify to!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 12:18 pm

Started watching SHARKNADO...not sure I'll be able to see it through!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 12:22 pm

bhb001 wrote:I saw the Conjuring on Saturday with the wife at the local cinema. Thoroughly enjoyed it, especially the two screams from the the girl in the row behind us quickly followed by her boyfriend trying to clamp his hand over her mouth. Good story to it, pretty predictable, but some good jump moments as the girl behind would testify to!!
We had people like that in our screening, I didn't find it that jumpy though.

spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 19 Aug 2013, 12:29 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I took my eldest two to watch Planes yesterday.

I was basically Cars but set in the sky.  The writers haven't even tried to move away from the formula and it was a bit of a let down.  Lightning McQueen becomes Dusty Crophopper, Mater becomes Chug, Sally becomes Dottie, Chick Hicks becomes Ripslinger and Doc becomes Skipper.  No imagination and no really interesting characters.

Cars is pretty much the perfect kids animated film but Planes doesn't even belong in the same bracket.  They will never recreate the magic of Cars but it seemed like they had privately acknowledged that at Pixar and instead decided to cash in on the formula without any attempt to make an original film.  I get why they do it as the money rolls in but just a shred of creativity wouldn't have been too much to ask?  

The kids loved it but as a cynical and questioning adult, it was dull, insipid, characterless and unoriginal.  There were one or two amusing lines but nothing much more than that.

Kids score = 8/10.  
Adults score 3/10.  
Just so the good name of Pixar isn't besmirched, Planes isn't actually made by them hence the considerable drop in quality. It's made by Disney Toons, who have made such classics as:

An Extremely Goofy Movie
Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure

Almost all their films are usually direct-to-video.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 12:32 pm

Crimey wrote:

I was basically Cars but set in the sky.  The writers haven't even tried to move away from the formula and it was a bit of a let down.  Lightning McQueen becomes Dusty Crophopper, Mater becomes Chug, Sally becomes Dottie, Chick Hicks becomes Ripslinger and Doc becomes Skipper.  No imagination and no really interesting characters.

Cars is pretty much the perfect kids animated film but Planes doesn't even belong in the same bracket.  They will never recreate the magic of Cars but it seemed like they had privately acknowledged that at Pixar and instead decided to cash in on the formula without any attempt to make an original film.  I get why they do it as the money rolls in but just a shred of creativity wouldn't have been too much to ask?  

The kids loved it but as a cynical and questioning adult, it was dull, insipid, characterless and unoriginal.  There were one or two amusing lines but nothing much more than that.

Kids score = 8/10.  
Adults score 3/10.  
Just so the good name of Pixar isn't besmirched, Planes isn't actually made by them hence the considerable drop in quality. It's made by Disney Toons, who have made such classics as:

An Extremely Goofy Movie

But thay have commissioned a sequel, out next year!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 12:41 pm

Went to see Kick Ass 2 and I think it may be getting a lot of unfair criticism from critics

It is what it is, I don't think it drops that far below the standards of the first and Chloe Moretz is brilliant in it

I know its held in a bad light as Carey has come out and publically criticised the violent nature of the movie but I didn't find the violence more OTT than in the first. Probably give it a good 3/5 and would easily watch it again

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 19 Aug 2013, 12:51 pm

Crimey wrote:

Kids score = 8/10.  
Adults score 3/10.  

An Extremely Goofy Movie

Ah, noted Crimey. Well spotted.

I will give 2/10 instead then.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 20 Aug 2013, 12:56 pm

Kick Ass 2 was my cinematic choice last night. Much like the last one, it's fast-paced, full of utterly unrealistic violence and lots of swearing. It is still really good fun. Jim Carrey's character is a bit odd (I am not sure if he's deliberately trying to sound like Arnie or it just kind of happened like that) and the Justice League members are an odd bunch.

Christopher Mintz-Plasse as Chris D'Amico/ The M***erf****r is wonderfully unhinged and puts together a bunch of Super Villains with spectacularly non-pc names. There is the usual mix of brutal violence and bad language but mostly it's much like the first but thankfully without Nicholas Cage (probably a good thing). There are dark bits in places, but some very funny parts too, especially Hit Girl's revenge on the High School cheerleader types. The only downside is the recasting of Dave & Marty's friend Todd (utterly faceless) and Lynsey Fonseca only being in it for approximately 50 seconds.

It's never going to be quite as good as the first one but it is well worth watching & it had my attention all the way through. 8/10

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 20 Aug 2013, 1:16 pm

Watched the Wolverine last night. It was a lot better than the first one, better story line too. Also it has a cameo for the Days of Future Past after the credits.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 21 Aug 2013, 7:40 am

Watched Oblivion last night, decent watch. Nice little twist and set up when all is revealed at the end.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 21 Aug 2013, 8:22 am

hampo171 wrote:Watched Oblivion last night, decent watch. Nice little twist and set up when all is revealed at the end.
Statue of Liberty half buried in the sand?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Aug 2013, 9:19 am

I am looking forward to watching Oblivion, I heard good things about it when it was on at the cinema.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next