The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread....Continued.....CONTINUED

+35
Marky
Hulking_up
SirJohnnyEnglish
CFCNick
Small Time
mobilemaster8
Ent
Bull
Trebs
Colan (niner)
whocares
Liam
TopoftheChops
The_Enigma
Kay Fabe
Duty281
Mat
monty junior
jbeadlesbigrighthand
LastDamnation
Nakatomi Plaza
MIG
compelling and rich
GSC
westisbest
TopHat24/7
Hero
NickisBHAFC
kingraf
Holymiky
Fernando
The Special Juan
Dolphin Ziggler
Good Golly I'm Olly
Crimey
39 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread....Continued.....CONTINUED Empty 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread....Continued.....CONTINUED

Post by Crimey Mon 29 Jul 2013, 5:21 pm

Want a couple more big deals before it closes.

Rooney
Lewandowski
Bale
Suarez

May all still be leaving.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread....Continued.....CONTINUED Empty Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread....Continued.....CONTINUED

Post by Guest Mon 29 Jul 2013, 5:42 pm

Rooney is Chelsea or nothing. Never going abroad. Lewandowski, although unhappy will probably stick it out at Dortmund and try and win as much as possible. They've just beaten Bayern in the cup so it's not all doom and gloom. Should then join Bayern next summer you would expect. Bale at Madrid.....I just can't see it myself, in terms of them agreeing a deal with Levy or Bale wanting to move his young family over to Spain. More likely destination is Man Utd. Moyes marquee signing has yet to come and it could be the big one as a post-fergie present. Suarez is a strange one. Could go Arsenal, if Wenger decides to really blow the cash but more likely a destination is Bayern. Pep might think a long term partnership, little and large of Suarez and Lewandowski could be unstoppable.

Don't forget Kinnear in all this. When he get's going, all hell will break loose Laugh 

Back to top Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread....Continued.....CONTINUED Empty Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread....Continued.....CONTINUED

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 29 Jul 2013, 5:47 pm

The Nodge have still got one big one up their sleeves I feel
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 29 Jul 2013, 5:50 pm

Probably Rooney, Olly, I see that as a definite

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 29 Jul 2013, 5:51 pm

Not sure he'll want to come here and be backup to RVW tho Chris Cool 
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 29 Jul 2013, 6:28 pm

And do you really need him, Hoolahan doesnt need replacing just yet

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 29 Jul 2013, 6:58 pm

Johnny Howson > Rooney
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 29 Jul 2013, 7:50 pm

The Monaco roundabout is on the move again

Apparently lauching a 44m bid for Santi Cazorla

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 29 Jul 2013, 8:05 pm

Shocking. It makes you wonder what peak Xavi, Scholes, Iniesta, Zidane, Henry etc would cost these days.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 29 Jul 2013, 8:20 pm

I know they're spending big, but they're at least targeting good players in general.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Jul 2013, 8:29 pm

I remember the Newcastle/arsenal post match talk in may and everyone agreeing Arsenal had to hit the transfer market hard and getting their targets early. Now, basically in August and nothing has happened. Embarrassing for the club. Spurs have a real chance of top 4 this year but do they rely on bale again, which is risky, or do they sell and really strengthen the team with quality, unlike stagnant arsenal.

I guess if Wenger sold cazorla, arsenal fans might see a replacement by say 2015.

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 29 Jul 2013, 8:37 pm

By the way, i'm not sure if it has been posted already but Thiago Silva has signed a new deal with PSG.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 29 Jul 2013, 9:04 pm

If Bale moves to Real, I think Ronaldo is leaving on a free when his contract runs out. He's pay packet is pretty far from the biggest earners now. And I dont think he would appreciate Real offering £82 million for Bale, when they havent upgraded his contract once in four years.

Also... Can sanity prevail in this Bale move? I know Real always recoup the money in TV deals and marketing, and merchandise, But my word, Bale is not worth that. I mean, honestly, Ronaldo scores a goal a game and is incredibly marketable, and £80M was reaching with him. Bale would need to score at least 40 a season to justify this nonsense. Someone needs to pimp slap Perez into some sense.

Also it seems Wenger/the board have decided one marquee> two or three very solid players. They best get that marquee then.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 29 Jul 2013, 9:06 pm

Re: Monaco. I must admit I find it shocking that in a principality with possibly the most billionaires per square meter, its taken this long for someone to actually buy Monaco as a toy.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Jul 2013, 9:27 pm

Wenger`s marquee signing is basically Suarez or nothing then. I would say that if Spurs sold Bale and bought in Soldado, Chadli, Paulinho & possibly Di Maria then that puts Spurs in a stronger position for a top 4. Bale`s a great player but having four good quality players in is a great improvement for Spurs. If Arsenal fail to get Suarez, who is Wenger`s backup marquee signing.......I don't think he has one.

If Suarez ends up at Bayern, I can see fan pressure on Wenger again and a change in that one marquee over two or three being changed. I could see a desperational buying spree for players like Begovic & A. Williams, players like that.....typical Wenger.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 29 Jul 2013, 10:13 pm

The only bonus in Arsenal's favour at the moment is hoping Real and Spurs drag it on, the new players dont adjust immediately and Arsenal start fast. 

I'm disappointed in Arsenal. Not for not getting the big name, but for not even doing anything else. They should have made a couple moves to bolster up and also been looking at the massive one. Wenger will not push his players with competition.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 29 Jul 2013, 10:24 pm

I shall wait until the end of the window before judging mainly cos it's very odd to have a clear out with getting replacements in. The fact he's actually willing to spend the money is a pleasant surprise

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 29 Jul 2013, 10:40 pm

Carzola should 100% move to Monaco, bigger club with bigger ambitions and much better players. Staying at Arsenal he will only remain trophyless. That being said, if Arsenal sign Suarez and another world class player this week, what i have just said has been complete nonsense and staying is a must all round. (probably already is nonsense to most people on here though!)

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 29 Jul 2013, 10:44 pm

Monaco arent a bigger club, although I get the point, but let alone the fact the French league is nowhere near as good as the Premier League, Arsenal have Champions League and id say are a better side.

I am happy to judge any top player who would rather play for Monaco or PSG over a top four English side. They wont be able to hear me on their stacks of money anyway.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 29 Jul 2013, 11:21 pm

Official BWFC ‏@OfficialBWFC
Following a scan the club can announce that Stuart Holden has been diagnosed with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee. #BWFC

That guy just gets zero luck
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 30 Jul 2013, 12:01 am

Yeah saw that the other night. Someone on a west ham forum (a yank) has been trying to convince everyone he would be a great signing, but you just cant take a punt on the lad as he is a dangerous contract to have.

Shame, can be a lovely little player

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 30 Jul 2013, 12:04 am

Wild rumors circulating that Alderweireld is staying at Dunston Hall this week as the deal with Norwich is going to be wrapped up

If there is just one wild twitter rumor to come off, I so hope it is this one. Can't see it tho Sad
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 30 Jul 2013, 12:20 am

Agree very much in regards to the overpricing of Bale. Marco Reus has pretty much an equal record as Bale last season yet he's not thought as silly money.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 9:26 am

Thought Ledwanowski was nailed on not leaving Dortmund?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jul 2013, 10:55 am

Reports in local press that Moyes is set to give up on pursuit on Cesc and turn his attentions to Fellaini

Have to say after being linked with Fab and Thiago I will be gutted if we end up with Fellaini

Sure he'll strengthen the midfield but he isn't good enough to be the player who takes us forward in the European competition. We'll still liekly fall in the quarters, or earlier in the first KO round

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 30 Jul 2013, 11:00 am

Bent is closer to the Villa exit door.

Reperts Fulham have now made a £6m offer.
Heard Newcastle interested again.

I think he would head to Fulham.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 11:00 am

With you GazzyD, not a fan of Fellaini, he's what Arsenal need, not United.

TBH, top 3 and CL quarters is enough for me this season. Moyes needs time to bed in.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 30 Jul 2013, 11:10 am

And the Community Shield. Lord help Moyes if he doesn't win that at the very least. It won't give him any extra time if he wins it but I think it'll reduce the time he has if he loses.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jul 2013, 11:20 am

Aye, I'm not going to write him off by any means. Pretty defeatist but I have already accepted a top 2 of Chelsea and City this coming season, I do think we'll win one of the cups though

I think with Fellaini he made such an impression at Everton because of were he played, he will be nowhere near that high up the pitch at United with Rooney or Kagawa playing off the striker. Can he be as effective protecting that defence and being a link man in the middle, I'm not confident

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 30 Jul 2013, 12:31 pm

I don't know why Moyes hasn't made a serious offer for Modric, who would be a great player to have and with the big money signings of Isco and Asier Illarramendi both taking up too more positions that Modric couldn't secure last year, I think Madrid would likely be willing to sell.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 30 Jul 2013, 12:42 pm

gazzyD wrote:Aye, I'm not going to write him off by any means. Pretty defeatist but I have already accepted a top 2 of Chelsea and City this coming season, I do think we'll win one of the cups though

I think with Fellaini he made such an impression at Everton because of were he played, he will be nowhere near that high up the pitch at United with Rooney or Kagawa playing off the striker. Can he be as effective protecting that defence and being a link man in the middle, I'm not confident

Fellaini only played off the striker this past season, previous seasons he's played really well in the deeper role. People forget that
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jul 2013, 12:44 pm

Crimey, all I keep hearing is Moyes saying, 'I'm happy with the squad' and then Rio saying, 'this squad can win the league again'. It all seems to be pointing to nobody coming in or that targets are becoming very difficult to get. I can see United announcing that Rooney has made a u-turn.....again, and using that as some kind of news story to cover up the lack of signings. I agree, Modric would fit the plan as a creative, attacking midfielder in the mould of Fabregas. Going for a Fellaini type of player after courting Thiago or Cesc, just would stink of desperation and no real idea of a plan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jul 2013, 12:59 pm

nah I do think we'll sign somebody, just don't know who.

With part of United on the stock market I imagine they'll need to make at least one signing to entice shareholders

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 30 Jul 2013, 2:24 pm

Huddersfield sign Johnny Hogg from Watford - Wasn't going to get game time at Watford, so probably has made the sensible move in joining a minor Championship side.

Crewe set to sign Chuks Aneke on loan from Arsenal - He had a great spell on loan with Crewe last season, so good signing for Crewe.

Torquay sign Krystain Pearce from Notts County - Always rated him, way too good for league 2.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 30 Jul 2013, 2:52 pm

Nicky Shoreys off to Millwall apparently. Surprised a few teams let him slip through their fingers.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:05 pm

I'm a bit shocked we didn't sign him, but ill imagine we have someone better in the frame (one would think) if not were stuck with this rubbish player Chickson we got from MK Dons.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:36 pm

think moyes will make at least one big signing, i agree that modric would be a great signing. also see it as very plausible with the amount of real players who can already play there. one of the reasons why i wasnt confident of the fabregas deal was he's needed at barca now thiago has been sold

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:48 pm

Real Madrid launch a bid over 85m for Bale. Seriously take it and run Spurs. You could buy 3/4 top players with that money.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:51 pm

Could they though? Which top players are going to go to Spurs minus Bale? Minus Champions League football? Also if they were to spend lets say £28m each on 3 players how are they going to split Bales wages in 3 for these incoming players. I just don't think its as easy as that.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:56 pm

I've heard Real Madrid are offering bid's for the last ten days and nothing has happened. It's like threatening to hit someone before you do it.........never happens. You either bid or you don't. Can't see a deal being done between Bale & Madrid. I think he's waiting for Manchester United, hence why Bale himself has been so quiet and does not want to commit to Madrid or hand in a transfer request. Think about it.

I see Bernard has been offered a sensational financial package by Shakhtar. No wonder they are desperate for him after selling the Armenian, Fernandinho & Willian in the last 12 months. So Bernard & Higuain appear or have been lost by Arsenal, all hopes are now on Suarez. Is Wenger asleep until September?

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 5:02 pm

Fernando wrote:Real Madrid launch a bid over 85m for Bale. Seriously take it and run Spurs. You could buy 3/4 top players with that money.

Be mad not to take that. Massive over-price.

Buy him back in 3 yrs for sub-£25m.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jul 2013, 5:02 pm

only worth £80m Run 

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 5:03 pm

John wrote:I've heard Real Madrid are offering bid's for the last ten days and nothing has happened. It's like threatening to hit someone before you do it.........never happens. You either bid or you don't. Can't see a deal being done between Bale & Madrid. I think he's waiting for Manchester United, hence why Bale himself has been so quiet and does not want to commit to Madrid or hand in a transfer request. Think about it.

Would love to have Bale on our books, but not for anything north of £40m.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 30 Jul 2013, 5:09 pm

Bale himself seems quite confident he would enjoy football abroad (I cant remember where I read the quote last night but he was talking about how he'd learn a new language and grow as a man)

Classic Madrid approach, but Ancelotti is your man to make individuals into a working order. Ronaldo up top with Bale, Ozil and Isco behind?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 5:13 pm

Scary.

Should pee all over any EPL side.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 30 Jul 2013, 5:23 pm

Id quite happy chuck rooney plus cash to spurs for a deal for bale. Cant see rooney wanting to go there but tell him its that or the bench

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 5:30 pm

de gea
rafael rio vidic evra

carrick
zaha bale
kagawa
RVP

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 30 Jul 2013, 5:33 pm

For a long time I thought Bale would end up going to United, but with the price being pushed to world record highs I just don't think it's worth it. They'd be better off going to Madrid and offering £60 million for Ronaldo if they're tempted to spend that kind of money, Bale is simply not worth it.

I do think a cash + Rooney deal might work, but even then Real Madrid may have pushed it too high as Tottenham might be getting £50 million + a top player, which isn't worth it.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 30 Jul 2013, 5:38 pm

Rather see Bale central tbh.

Though I doubt he'd be good enough to displace Kagawa who appears to have become world class over the summer.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Tue 30 Jul 2013, 5:39 pm

There's no way Spurs can afford Rooney's wages. If United are going to shell out £50 million plus to get Bale, I doubt they'll want to subisidise him either.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next