The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread....Continued.....CONTINUED

+35
Marky
Hulking_up
SirJohnnyEnglish
CFCNick
Small Time
mobilemaster8
Ent
Bull
Trebs
Colan (niner)
whocares
Liam
TopoftheChops
The_Enigma
Kay Fabe
Duty281
Mat
monty junior
jbeadlesbigrighthand
LastDamnation
Nakatomi Plaza
MIG
compelling and rich
GSC
westisbest
TopHat24/7
Hero
NickisBHAFC
kingraf
Holymiky
Fernando
The Special Juan
Dolphin Ziggler
Good Golly I'm Olly
Crimey
39 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread....Continued.....CONTINUED - Page 2 Empty 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread....Continued.....CONTINUED

Post by Crimey Mon 29 Jul 2013 - 17:21

First topic message reminder :

Want a couple more big deals before it closes.

Rooney
Lewandowski
Bale
Suarez

May all still be leaving.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread....Continued.....CONTINUED - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread....Continued.....CONTINUED

Post by Fernando Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 20:34

Well it's fair to say the Liverpool/Arsenal Suarez situation is about to get interesting 

Whilst there is no release clause as such. It does say If Liverpool receives a bid in excess of £40,000,000.00, then they have to notify the player of such a bid.

There is a second part to this saying 

If the club making the bid are in the Champions League and Liverpool are not, then the player has the right to leave to join the purchasing club if a bid in excess of £40,000,000.00 is made

Liverpool's defense against this is that Arsenal are technically not in the CL as it's only qualifying stages so any deal would have to wait until after August 27th unless it's sorted before then.

This explains the 40m + £1 bid

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread....Continued.....CONTINUED - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread....Continued.....CONTINUED

Post by GSC Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 20:39

If thats correct, then Liverpool are being a bit dickish really. Its beginning to look a bit ugly from both sides.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 20:41

Even if I was an Arsenal fan, potentially signing Suarez would not excite me that much. Yes, he's a great player, however Wenger's horrific delay in this transfer window has basically led Arsenal down the road of having to realistically settle for one big marquee signing, instead of two or three sheer quality players that they needed throughout the squad. That's to say if they even get Suarez that is because there's no back-up in my opinion and Wenger has left it to late as the other world class players have all joined other clubs. Arsenal will still have the defensive issues and weak central midfield, especially away from home.

I fear for Wenger because I think the boat might have already set sale on achieving anything this season, when you compare the progress made at their closest rivals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 20:44

John wrote:
I fear for Wenger because I think the boat might have already set sale on achieving anything this season, when you compare the progress made at their closest rivals.

I don't buy that tbh John, Spurs are about to sell their best player which is hardly a good side plus with them wanting a new stadium you have to wonder how much of that money will go back into the squad. Liverpool haven't really strengthened if they lose Suarez, Personally if all goes well and they keep the 2 they need to Everton could be our biggest threat for top 4 tbh.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 20:46

Arsene makes 2 or 3 lower key signings, gets criticised for not making a big signing

Arsene makes a big money signing, gets criticised for not buying in bulk.

Make your ****ing minds up.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 20:48

Wenger doesn't have a clue anymore that's the problem.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 20:49

Considering he keeps Arsenal in the top 4 without spending vast sums, I'd say hes actually doing ok.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 20:51

Right now Tottenham look a much better side than Arsenal, if Suarez goes to Arsenal and Bale leaves Tottenham I'd say that makes them even, but I'd still fancy Tottenham if they can manage to get that consistency right.

I think the problem is that Arsenal shouldn't have to choose, with the size and success of the club, with Champions League football, they should be able to make a big marquee signing and get a few other decent players as well. Literally all other transfer news for Arsenal as dried up apart from the Suarez deal, he could have completed the Julio Cesar deal by now, who isn't going to Napoli as first thought, he could have secured the Ashley Williams signing, he could have tried to sign a couple more decent players to improve while also trying to secure Suarez, they were supposed to have a £100 million transfer kitty this year and have used none of it and we're nearly in August.

Every year they seem to get closer to losing out on the top 4 places, their transfer business is obviously a long way away from getting them to compete for the title, but if they continue in the same vein it won't even be enough to stay in the top 4.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 20:54

Na, hasn't won a trophy since 2005, says it all. 

For Suarez sake, i really hope Liverpool di*k around and screw this transfer up. Suarez doesn't deserve to go to Arsenal, if Madrid come in for him though then thats another story.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 20:55

How do Spurs look a much better side. They've signed 2 players and 1s hardly even a lock to make the first XI.

If Arsenal sign Suarez and Spurs sell Bale the gap will be rather large.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 20:57

2 managers that haven't won a trophy since 2005 just got hired by both Manchester clubs
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 21:01

Arsene- FA Cup 2005
Pellegrini- Intertoto Cup 2004
Moyes- League 1 2000
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 21:01

You've just been factually destroyed Nick 

#C.Homp

It's finally been added to the filter Laugh

Last edited by Fernando on Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 21:05; edited 1 time in total

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 21:02

I think Paulinho is an excellent signing for Spurs and signing a winger is exactly what they needed since they moved Bale central. There was a one point difference between the clubs last season and since then Arsenal haven't improved at all, only reduced squad depth and Tottenham have made some decent signings.

I think it's quite difficult to predict what life without Bale would be like for Tottenham, as on the one hand they're quite reliant on him, but on the other, if he leaves it might allow the team as a whole to grow, and they will surely reinvest some of the money if not get a player as part of the deal.

The same goes for how Arsenal are with Suarez, while it seems logical that signing a top player will improve Arsenal, it's not always as simple as that, particularly if they fail to deliver any other signings in important areas like the defence and goalkeeper.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 21:02

GSC wrote:2 managers that haven't won a trophy since 2005 just got hired by both Manchester clubs

To be fair, Moyes hasn't had the same resources that Wenger has had but chosen not to use.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 21:03

To be fair, neither has Martinez or Laudrup
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 21:05

Or Spurs could conceivably get worse for losing their best (by quite a way) player and Arsenal better for signing one. And Arsenal were better to begin with.

All very well saying Spurs can reinvest. On who? Last time I checked finishing below Arsenal consigned them to the Europa League.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 21:06

I think winning a domestic cup often involves a lot of luck and if we're judging it on that then Alex McLeish is a better manager than David Moyes.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 21:07

Luck applies to everyone. Remind me to send Arsene a 4 leaved clover.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 21:11

you cant win the intertoto cup, theres more than one team who qualified to the uefa cup through it. most years it was three teams

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 21:12

compelling and rich wrote:you cant win the intertoto cup, theres more than one team who qualified to the uefa cup through it. most years it was three teams

This.

Just admit it GSC, Wenger has had it.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 21:13

NickisBHAFC wrote:
compelling and rich wrote:you cant win the intertoto cup, theres more than one team who qualified to the uefa cup through it. most years it was three teams

This.

Just admit it GSC, Wenger has had it.

Doh 

Read who won the Intertoto cup...

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 21:15

Ok

Pellegrini- Primera División 2003

Actually helped my argument Laugh
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 21:16

Man that really wasn't a smart bandwagon to hop on Nick Laugh
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 21:17

Hmm i see where i went wrong, my bad! picard

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 21:18

That's a good point, what happens to the cover of FIFA if Bale is sold (especially if he's sold after the season begins)?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 21:20

When Brett Favre changed teams after the Madden cover they just made a new photoshopped cover.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 21:21

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread....Continued.....CONTINUED - Page 2 Madden_09-covers-jets-packers
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 21:23

Got to say, Arsenal are the weirdest side I ever see discussed. There is rarely any middle ground, its either an overrated view or an underrated view. Arsenal are the better side, probably around level on individuals and a better team as a group. 

In reality, Arsenal's attacking threat is far better than Spurs'. Lennon, Chadli, Bale, Defoe/Adebayor or Giroud, Cazorla, Podolski, Walcott. Add in Suarez and thats a ridiculous amount of goals. Say Suarez and Bale are likely to end on the same amount, id rather have Walcott and Cazorla backing me up than Lennon or Chadli and Defoe or Adebayor. 

Take away Bale, even if you add in Soldado and someone else decent, I dont see them being as good as Arsenal. Let alone that Chadli and Paulinho have to settle, Tottenham may have to recover from losing Bale very close to the season. 

For all Suarez skill and potency, he works bloody hard and scraps a lot. Arsenal havent had anyone like that for a long time. I would hate to have Walcott, Suarez and Podolski running off of Cazorla on the counter, I fully expect them to smash us to pieces at The Emirates again.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 21:25

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Got to say, Arsenal are the weirdest side I ever see discussed. There is rarely any middle ground, its either an overrated view or an underrated view. Arsenal are the better side, probably around level on individuals and a better team as a group. 

In reality, Arsenal's attacking threat is far better than Spurs'. Lennon, Chadli, Bale, Defoe/Adebayor or Giroud, Cazorla, Podolski, Walcott. Add in Suarez and thats a ridiculous amount of goals. Say Suarez and Bale are likely to end on the same amount, id rather have Walcott and Cazorla backing me up than Lennon or Chadli and Defoe or Adebayor. 

Take away Bale, even if you add in Soldado and someone else decent, I dont see them being as good as Arsenal. Let alone that Chadli and Paulinho have to settle, Tottenham may have to recover from losing Bale very close to the season. 

For all Suarez skill and potency, he works bloody hard and scraps a lot. Arsenal havent had anyone like that for a long time. I would hate to have Walcott, Suarez and Podolski running off of Cazorla on the counter, I fully expect them to smash us to pieces at The Emirates again.

clap 

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 21:27

Ah that's a good idea. Photoshopping would probably happen but then they'd have a player who doesn't play in the UK on the UK's cover. I don't think that'll matter as Hernandez is on the American cover and Vidal is on the South American cover.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 21:30

The Special Juan wrote:That's a good point, what happens to the cover of FIFA if Bale is sold (especially if he's sold after the season begins)?

Yeah they'll likely photoshop it, the latest Bale can move is the end of August isn't it? Fifa isn't released until October.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 21:33

The problems with Arsenal though go towards the back and the keeper. They may score goals but if you can't keep a clean sheet and are weak physically in the core of your side then you get found out, especially in the EPL.

That's why blowing £40m on another attacking threat seems strange when the real problems lie elsewhere. Agree, Walcott, Suarez & Podolski, supported by Wilshere & Cazorla looks frightening but then you go further back and you think.......hmmmm that's why they never win the league.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 21:38

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread....Continued.....CONTINUED - Page 2 Fifa1410

Easy

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 21:39

John wrote:The problems with Arsenal though go towards the back and the keeper. They may score goals but if you can't keep a clean sheet and are weak physically in the core of your side then you get found out, especially in the EPL.

That's why blowing £40m on another attacking threat seems strange when the real problems lie elsewhere. Agree, Walcott, Suarez & Podolski, supported by Wilshere & Cazorla looks frightening but then you go further back and you think.......hmmmm that's why they never win the league.

I dont think it will win them the league, but it will win them more games than last season, and more than Spurs as I was arguing.

They need a proper keeper and a better right back, then to look at someone as strong and organised as Mertesacker but a little better basically.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 21:46

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
John wrote:The problems with Arsenal though go towards the back and the keeper. They may score goals but if you can't keep a clean sheet and are weak physically in the core of your side then you get found out, especially in the EPL.

I dont think it will win them the league, but it will win them more games than last season, and more than Spurs as I was arguing.

They need a proper keeper and a better right back, then to look at someone as strong and organised as Mertesacker but a little better basically.
s

This sums up Chris' orginal point . I'm not saying Arsenal's backline is of the late 80's early 90's vintage, but we kept clean sheets in half of our away matches last season. No other side in the League had a better record on the road, and we looked pretty solid after Spurs beat us in February

The message that Arsenal can't look after themselves is about five years too old now as well. Arteta's pretty sly in giving away free-kicks without getting booked, and Ramsey grew in strength towards the end of the campaign as well. Signings need to be made, but there is a nucleus pf a good side at the Emirates.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 21:57

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread....Continued.....CONTINUED - Page 2 Fifa1410

Easy

That's absolutely horrifying.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 22:03

There will be trouble if he turns up at the spanish f1

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 22:04

I do agree Arsenal have improved defensively but it's nothing to shout about. Arteta & Ramsey are woeful for the standard Arsenal should be setting and if you think they are good players then you really need help. Sagna is an embarrassment. Gibbs is injury prone and plays barely half a season, Rosicky get's off the injury table in April, looking for a new one-year deal. Mertesacker gets found out against the better strikers and has no pace for this level or top level european competition. Goalkeepers are just dire. Giroud is certainly nothing special. Gervinho needs to head for the exit door. Wilshere, great talent but needs to really exert himself on this team and stay away from injury. Diaby.......how many more months left injured? Oxlade needs to find a position, he's stagnating at Arsenal as I fear with many of our young players at top clubs. Coming off the bench and playing a dozen games does no one any good.

Walcott, Cazorla, Wilshere, Koscielny & Podolski is the nucleus. Not many. Supports the reason why one big marquee signing just doesn't fix the issues Arsenal have and won't transform them onto the next level. It should of been Suarez and another and another and another and spent about £90m like Man City have. I only envisage another trophyless season and the predictable battle for fourth with Arsenal which is a shame because the funds are there and Wenger is holding the club back. You may disagree with what I've said but it's just my view.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 22:08

The Special Juan wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread....Continued.....CONTINUED - Page 2 Fifa1410

Easy

That's absolutely horrifying.

Yeah that Qatar Airways sponsor just doesn't look right at all. It should be yellow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 23:06

Guardian reporting Cardiff chasing Caulker on loan. Would be a good loan signing

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 23:08

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Guardian reporting Cardiff chasing Caulker on loan. Would be a good loan signing

Would also suggest Spurs are signing another CB

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 23:29

Well they will have nearly 100m to spend...

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 23:33

Jack Sullivan ‏@jsullivanwhu 22s
We hope to sign right sided striker within 48 hrs. Terms agreed with his club. Hes a very exciting prospect. When its done I’ll tell u.

From earlier this evening. Reports suggest it is Sweden international and Malmo captain Jiloan Hamad or Emmanuel Emenike. If its the latter then I reckon we will remain in contact with the former as his contract is running out soon. 

There are loose links also to Raheem Sterling (seems very unlikely) and Scott Sinclair (I dont buy it)

He has said its not Vydra or Kalou.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 23:51

emmanuel emenike?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by LastDamnation Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 0:34

Fernando wrote:emmanuel emenike?

TOP LEFT CORNER!

LastDamnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 0:42

LastDamnation wrote:
Fernando wrote:emmanuel emenike?

TOP LEFT CORNER!
i meant as in why would he join west ham  OK  too good for them

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 1:30

Alright Nick, calm down

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 1:31

Oh sorry, didnt read the name and it was someone being petulant on the football section. I will try harder in the future

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 2:52

SlavicFootballUnion ‏@SFUnion_ 2h
#Spartak have allowed Emmenike a €13m return to #Fenerbahce. Think they may regret it. Unstoppable on his day. Movsisyan more consistent.

That'll cheer you ya red nosed git Whistle

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next