The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread....Continued.....CONTINUED

+35
Marky
Hulking_up
SirJohnnyEnglish
CFCNick
Small Time
mobilemaster8
Ent
Bull
Trebs
Colan (niner)
whocares
Liam
TopoftheChops
The_Enigma
Kay Fabe
Duty281
Mat
monty junior
jbeadlesbigrighthand
LastDamnation
Nakatomi Plaza
MIG
compelling and rich
GSC
westisbest
TopHat24/7
Hero
NickisBHAFC
kingraf
Holymiky
Fernando
The Special Juan
Dolphin Ziggler
Good Golly I'm Olly
Crimey
39 posters

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread....Continued.....CONTINUED - Page 3 Empty 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread....Continued.....CONTINUED

Post by Crimey Mon 29 Jul 2013, 5:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

Want a couple more big deals before it closes.

Rooney
Lewandowski
Bale
Suarez

May all still be leaving.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread....Continued.....CONTINUED - Page 3 Empty Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread....Continued.....CONTINUED

Post by GSC Wed 31 Jul 2013, 9:44 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Oh sorry, didnt read the name and it was someone being petulant on the football section. I will try harder in the future

Chomping at the heart strings
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread....Continued.....CONTINUED - Page 3 Empty Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread....Continued.....CONTINUED

Post by Guest Wed 31 Jul 2013, 11:48 am

Remy to Newcastle on loan is apparently nearing a conclusion, Ashley deciding whether or not to take on his full wages to seal the deal.

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 31 Jul 2013, 12:44 pm

Blackburn set to sign Tommy Spurr from Doncaster - Played a key part in helping Doncaster win the league last season.

Peterbrough sign Britt Assombalonga from Watford - A LOT of money been spent, bit risky considering he has never turned it on at this level, but Peterbrough record of signing players it bluddy amazing!

Bury sign Marlon Jackson from Bristol - Another good signing for Bury, good bet for promotion next season.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by jbeadlesbigrighthand Wed 31 Jul 2013, 12:52 pm

John wrote:I do agree Arsenal have improved defensively but it's nothing to shout about. Arteta & Ramsey are woeful for the standard Arsenal should be setting and if you think they are good players then you really need help. Sagna is an embarrassment. Gibbs is injury prone and plays barely half a season, Rosicky get's off the injury table in April, looking for a new one-year deal. Mertesacker gets found out against the better strikers and has no pace for this level or top level european competition. Goalkeepers are just dire. Giroud is certainly nothing special. Gervinho needs to head for the exit door. Wilshere, great talent but needs to really exert himself on this team and stay away from injury. Diaby.......how many more months left injured? Oxlade needs to find a position, he's stagnating at Arsenal as I fear with many of our young players at top clubs. Coming off the bench and playing a dozen games does no one any good.

Walcott, Cazorla, Wilshere, Koscielny & Podolski is the nucleus. Not many. Supports the reason why one big marquee signing just doesn't fix the issues Arsenal have and won't transform them  onto the next level. It should of been Suarez and another and another and another and spent about £90m like Man City have. I only envisage another trophyless season and the predictable battle for fourth with Arsenal which is a shame because the funds are there and Wenger is holding the club back. You may disagree with what I've said but it's just my view.

Are you talking about the same Arsenal that finished last season with the second best defensive record?

Your assessment of some Arsenal players is also quite strange. Arteta not good enough and Sagna an embarrassment? Strange. Gibbs may be frequently injured, but they also have Monreal. Szczeny may have had a few iffy moments last season, but he's still only 23, and since coming into the Arsenal team has generally been a positive. Mertesacker definitely is slow. However, this can be compensated for by playing alongside a quicker partner. There have been plenty of good, even great, centre backs who have lacked pace. Just look at Terry and Carragher for recent EPL examples.

I agree with you that there are areas in which Arsenal need to strengthen. They could do with a steely defensive midfielder, given that Abou Diaby is permanently broken. They also look like they could do with an additional CB with Vermaelen currently being injured. Suarez would also provide another option up front. Nonetheless, it's not like they need a whole new squad.

jbeadlesbigrighthand

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 31 Jul 2013, 12:56 pm

they could use a new CB because Vermaelen is fairly poo.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Jul 2013, 1:28 pm

Yeah, I said they had improved but it could and should be improved further along with possibly Begovic as the new GK.  Everyone agrees Sagna is dreadful, even the Arsenal fans I know, hence why you didnt offer him a new deal. Ramsey is just appalling, fades after 60 minutes and Arteta offers very little. Arsenal need three or four players and not just the one big signing. This was Wenger`s defining summer and he's failed up to now. Targets have been linked and gone elsewhere. Bringing in Suarez will not transform Arsenal into title challengers or contenders for the latter stages of Europe. Wenger had £70m to spend on assembling a team of quality and to lead him in his final years before retirement. If anything, the gap between third and fourth has widened considerably.

From your response, it appears just signing a player like Suarez is good enough this summer and that beating Spurs again is the target. No wonder the players were celebrating like they won the league when achieving the top 4. Think Wenger needs to rethink about what he actually wants to achieve.

Also, please don't tell me United are offering £35m for Cesc. What a rip off.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 31 Jul 2013, 1:53 pm

Cardiff will sign Caulker in a club record deal apparently. Bit surprised Spurs have let him go.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 31 Jul 2013, 2:00 pm

Forest are being naughty and unsettling Kelvin Wilson according to Neil Lennon.

Its almost as if hes forgotten how he signed him to begin with.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 31 Jul 2013, 2:00 pm

GSC wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Oh sorry, didnt read the name and it was someone being petulant on the football section. I will try harder in the future

Chomping at the heart strings

Blooming hypocrite!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Wed 31 Jul 2013, 2:02 pm

Luiz Gustavo close to moving to Wolfsburg, a few teams have let one slip there but then again Wolfsburg are usually willing to spend rather than p*ss about until deadline day.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 31 Jul 2013, 2:04 pm

My sense is Capoue is using Cardiff to flush bigger clubs into the picture.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Jul 2013, 2:11 pm

GSC wrote:Cardiff will sign Caulker in a club record deal apparently. Bit surprised Spurs have let him go.

Selling Caulker, who has not broken through into the first team on a regular basis seems the right thing to do. If they get near £12m for him from Cardiff the that's a great deal for Spurs. They are lining up Vlad Chiriches from Bucharest as the replacement anyway and near to completing the deal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 31 Jul 2013, 2:12 pm

Very surprised Spurs are letting Caulker go permanently. Not really sure what sense it makes letting the Dawson replacement go

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 31 Jul 2013, 2:13 pm

Thats a lot of money for Caulker, Levy strikes again!

Reportedly Diame turned down a move to Everton (http://kumb.com/story.php?id=126924 Kumb dont post rubbish) which makes me extremely happy.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 31 Jul 2013, 2:14 pm

Hes only 21, and Dawson will be 30 in November.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 31 Jul 2013, 2:15 pm

Kaboul I'm guessing goes above Dawson now, and they definitely need to look for better than Dawson if they want champions league.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Jul 2013, 2:19 pm

Vertonghan, Kaboul, Dawson & Chiriches, if he signs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 31 Jul 2013, 2:23 pm

Man this means cardiff won't be signing Leon Barnett Sad
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 31 Jul 2013, 2:25 pm

In other news, the Remy to West Ham links are apparently on the money as we have been talking to him and QPR for weeks. The problem is that Remy has no intention of going back to QPR even in a year, he doesnt want to be fighting relegations (someone should tell him thats nowhere near beyond the realms of possibility at our place or the Toon).

The whole r*** thing is a bit of a stumbling block, I presume that any club interested are going to have to do some real digging with his lawyer as to whether they really think there is a strong case against him.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 31 Jul 2013, 2:45 pm

That's a good signing for Cardiff anyways, especially if he can fulfill his potential under Malky (good CB in his day)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 31 Jul 2013, 2:47 pm

Barnetts going Wigan
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 31 Jul 2013, 2:58 pm

Is he? Good good. Be a decent signing for them, Championship is his level

Lugano coming over for talks with WBA apparantly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 31 Jul 2013, 3:00 pm

Well the Daily Star have officially won most optimistic transfer of the year
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/329779/Arsenal-ready-to-battle-Manchester-United-for-unsettled-Real-Madrid-star-Luka-Modric?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 31 Jul 2013, 3:29 pm

I would really, really love Modric to be back in England. If there could be a way him and Fabregas return then that would be lovely. I dont see the above happening, but would love it to be true. United should go for Modric the second they get over this Fabregas thing.

Just seen that Kieron Dyer has retired. As much as he is constantly ridiculed, I do feel for him. He came back from injury with us at one point and was immediately our best player. But it was for about two games before he broke down again.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 31 Jul 2013, 3:41 pm

I feel for him, Hargreaves and Holden.  They are 3 players who through very little fault of their own just can't stay fit.  All 3 are/were decent players too which makes it more annoying.  Good luck to him.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 31 Jul 2013, 3:47 pm

Such a shame Dyer has retired, another name added to the long list of players who have retired Sad Enough for one to cry!

Hit me the other day that we won't see Fergie this season, no Scholes Ping's, no Owen, no Phil Neville. But instead we have a load of unheard of foreign players Sad

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Wed 31 Jul 2013, 3:52 pm

Lugano over for talks with Albion, release clause in Kalou's contract activated and offer on the table, waiting for him to make up his mind. Talks on-going with Man City over Sinclair. Things finally getting moving.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 31 Jul 2013, 6:08 pm

Wonder if West Brom have said to Kalou he can play centrally

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 8:30 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23513785

Caulker gone to Cardiff for £8 million. Wouldn't have let him go if I were AVB.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Wed 31 Jul 2013, 9:05 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Wonder if West Brom have said to Kalou he can play centrally

Don't know about that. Clarke has been playing three out and out strikers a lot in pre-season though, so that might be how we pitched it. Do know he has been offered highest pay packet in club's history, so seems like we are pulling out all the stops.

Mat
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Jul 2013, 9:14 pm

Not sure why people are so surprised with the sale of Caulker. Yeah, he did well at Swansea but couldn't break into the Spurs side on a regular basis, even ahead of Gallas which says something. Fee is £9m which is good business again for Levy and a highly rated replacement, possibly superior to Caulker, is on the way.

Never been a huge fan of Kalou. Him & Anelka are mercenaries in my opinion, be tough act to follow will Lukaku with his physical presence now missing up top.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 31 Jul 2013, 9:19 pm

Unless Spurs need the 9m desperately it makes no sense. Either he's useful or loan him out and his value should only rise
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 31 Jul 2013, 9:54 pm

Still not sure why West Brom didn't go for Hooper, about the same price as Kalou with I imagine similar wages, I'd have thought they'd have been able to sign him ahead of Norwich as well. He's a much better player than Kalou, especially if they're planning to play Kalou centrally.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 31 Jul 2013, 9:55 pm

I must be missing the bit where Kalou is a good player. I don't care what he did in France, he was worse than Torres at Chelsea and that's saying something.

I'm with what Crimey's just posted - they should have gone for Hooper. He's not worse than Kalou, not by a long shot.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 31 Jul 2013, 9:57 pm

I like the signing of Anelka, but I think the Kalou signing is very odd and the two together certainly don't make up for no Lukaku.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 31 Jul 2013, 10:05 pm

GSC wrote:Unless Spurs need the 9m desperately it makes no sense. Either he's useful or loan him out and his value should only rise

Yeah I don't get this from Spurs's point of view. I'd be quite annoyed about this. Think Caulker could become a very good PL defender
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 31 Jul 2013, 10:20 pm

I thought so initially too but stats wise he was poor last season when he was on the pitch, 9m was good business I think.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 31 Jul 2013, 10:21 pm

Yeah i find this a very odd sale as well, none the less superb signing for Cardiff. Really hope Caulker does well for them and then a big club comes in for him in the future, because i have high hopes for this lad.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 31 Jul 2013, 10:30 pm

Hero wrote:I thought so initially too but stats wise he was poor last season when he was on the pitch, 9m was good business I think.

Stats can only tell you so many things.

Plus it's hardly a surprise a 21 year old is gonna have some bad games. Still got a lot of learning and developing to do.

Quite clear the kid has a lot of potential. Would've loaned him out for sure. Selling him? Bad move in my mind
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 01 Aug 2013, 10:09 am

Fulham have nipped in front of Newcastle for Bent apparently
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 01 Aug 2013, 10:33 am

Spurs reach an agreement for Soldado. 10m now and a series of 5m instalments.

Doesn't sound like Levy is inclined to cash in from that
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 01 Aug 2013, 11:17 am

Has anyone heard of the alleged 25% sell on clause Southampton had in Bale, which they took out for £3 million a few years ago. They must be gutted.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 01 Aug 2013, 11:17 am

Qpr are close to a deal for Austin
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 01 Aug 2013, 11:22 am

GSC wrote:Forest are being naughty and unsettling Kelvin Wilson according to Neil Lennon.

Its almost as if hes forgotten how he signed him to begin with.

Obviously not naughty enough, man up and get your man Forest!!!!!!!!

Please

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 01 Aug 2013, 1:20 pm

QPR have signed Charlie Austin.

Told you all to lump on at 7/2
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 01 Aug 2013, 1:20 pm

Wonder what Hull saw in his medical that QPR didn't...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 01 Aug 2013, 1:23 pm

Wonder what Stoke saw in Bas medical that West Ham didn't.

These 'problems' tend to disappear if the need is great enough.

Also Bruce is a toss bag for disclosing the problem to begin with
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu 01 Aug 2013, 1:36 pm

Crewe close to securing Brad Inman. Been a far few championship clubs interested so if they can pull this deal off it'll be a real cope for the club. With Luke Murphy leaving, they're in need of a goal-scoring midfielder with Inman perfect for that role.

It's nice to see a footballer who's not interested in chasing a wage packet playing in Newcastle United's reserves.

Last edited by The_Enigma on Thu 01 Aug 2013, 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Aug 2013, 1:36 pm

@GSC is that installments deal correct? Surprised that you can do a deal in installments for a minimal fee release clause? Your not actually paying the release clause at all then are you. £10m + a series of £5m add ons doesn't actually add correctly to £26m does it. Not sure I believe that. Also Valencia need cash ASAP and have targetted Torres, so not sure how they would attempt to pay for him.

Bent & Berbatov could be a very decent partnership which should complement each other. Not sure why Kinnear didn't go and get him, one injury to Cisse and we are left with Ameobi all season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Thu 01 Aug 2013, 2:27 pm

Hooper was 5 million, Kalou was/is 2.6 million. Think it's fairly obvious that he's improved since his Chelsea days and to be fair, he's possibly signing for us, you don't have to be as good to play for us as you do for Chelsea.

We've played with three strikers a lot in pre-season, so he'll probably take a wide role in that trio if he signs, but with plenty of inter-changing, he'll have plenty of opportunities to go central.

And as for replacing Lukaku, unless we spent 20 million on a player, we were never going to be able to do that.

Mat
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next