The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread.......................Continued Again

+31
Mat
Kay Fabe
liverbnz
Nakatomi Plaza
Colan (niner)
TopHat24/7
mystiroakey
nasisillmatic
James_182
monty junior
LastDamnation
JDizzle
kingraf
Hero
Fernando
Ent
Holymiky
The Special Juan
Soldier_Of_Fortune
GSC
Bull
westisbest
MIG
Dolphin Ziggler
NickisBHAFC
Liam
ncfc_Tooze
Good Golly I'm Olly
Duty281
Crimey
Kenny
35 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread.......................Continued Again  Empty 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread.......................Continued Again

Post by Kenny Mon 15 Jul 2013, 10:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread
by Dr Gregory House MD on Mon May 27, 2013 1:46 am
Now that the season has drawn to a close, I thought I'd put up a thread to discuss possible transfer business.

Rumours, Predictions, Hopes and Actualities all welcome here
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread.......................Continued Again  Empty Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread.......................Continued Again

Post by Crimey Mon 15 Jul 2013, 10:39 pm

I think this transfer window has been one of the best in a long time, think it has a lot to do with the World Cup and hoping to see what else unfolds.

Would expect the likes of Higuain, Suarez, Lewandowski and presumably a Bayern Munich midfielder to be on the move as well as players like Rooney, Fabregas, Ibrahimovic all possibly moving as well.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread.......................Continued Again  Empty Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread.......................Continued Again

Post by Kenny Mon 15 Jul 2013, 10:41 pm

Yeh everything upto now will pale into comparison when the real money starts flying around nearer the end of the window
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 10:42 pm

Ah Wayne Rooney. A move will reignite his career, just in time for when Roy and his country need him the most.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jul 2013, 10:51 pm

Crimey wrote:I think this transfer window has been one of the best in a long time, think it has a lot to do with the World Cup and hoping to see what else unfolds.

Would expect the likes of Higuain, Suarez, Lewandowski and presumably a Bayern Munich midfielder to be on the move as well as players like Rooney, Fabregas, Ibrahimovic all possibly moving as well.
If you're Bayern, who do you move?

Martinez - one of the best DMs in Europe this season, cost £35m
Schweinsteiger - consistently brilliant, getting on now but still top class
Kroos - now a top CM, the engine of Bayern's midfield
Shaqiri - raw talent, looks ace, surely a top player for years to come
Muller - exceptional player, covers a wide range of positions
Ribery - just signed a new deal
Robben - just signed a new deal
Thiago - just signed
Gotze - just signed

Even if you sell Luis Gustavo, that's too much talent. And Alaba plays midfield too!

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 15 Jul 2013, 10:52 pm

Carrying over from the other thread, Alderweireld seems to be backing tracking a little, with his dad saying he hasn't rejected us (after saying he had)

I'd be delighted, beyond belief if we pulled this off. He's miles out of our league!

Yet some Norwich fans (im sure they are trolls on twitter mainly) don't want him because "he doesn't want to come here" picard

Doubt there is many players in the football world scrambling for a move to Norwich
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Mon 15 Jul 2013, 10:53 pm

Hes still a young lad, he needs to be sure any move is 110% right for him. Its understandable these players want to think a move over to come here, same with Toivonnen

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Mon 15 Jul 2013, 10:54 pm

As a utd fan i've had mixed feelings in the last few days. First, annoyed that we missed out on Thiago. Yes Moyes has come out and basically said he was never a target but it seems it was quite clear we wanted him, but were unwilling to coff up the extra few million.

Then all of a sudden, we bid 25m for Fabregas, but probably looking at around 30-35m to get him. He would be a great partner alongisde, Carrick. Could be the box to box midfielder we need, which allows carrick to sit. Linking him back up with RVP would be perfect as well. So although we missed out on Thiago, Fabregas, a proven PL player and heading towards his prime years, would be the perfect buy for us. Would give us a better chance in Europe as well.

Apparantly we have plenty to spend this summer. Heard we've agreed a 20m fee for Garay. Not sure why, waste of money. Although, it seems we're going for 4 defenders for the future: Garay/Smalling/Jones/Evans as Rio and Vidic only probably have another couple years at the top level left. With apparantly plenty left to spend, we need a wide player in my view. Bale won't come, so it only leaves Ronaldo and i can't see him coming back this summer. Maybe the next.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 15 Jul 2013, 10:59 pm

Going to back to Richard Dunne, i think he is class and could easily walk into any prem side.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:03 pm

ncfc_Tooze wrote:Hes still a young lad, he needs to be sure any move is 110% right for him. Its understandable these players want to think a move over to come here, same with Toivonnen

Spot on mate. It's a life changing decision. It's not as if they exactly have it bad where they are now. They are at clubs in Europe for gods sake!!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:03 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Going to back to Richard Dunne, i think he is class and could easily walk into any prem side.

Trying...hard...not...to...bite...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:11 pm

Nick you have been warned about the stupid chomp's STOP!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:13 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Going to back to Richard Dunne, i think he is class and could easily walk into any prem side.

The Southern Premier division, do you mean?

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:17 pm

So just because i rate a player highly counts as fishing?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:18 pm

Nick stop trying to Chomp

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:22 pm

Well you're either 1. Trying to get a "chomp" or 2. An idiot
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:30 pm

Richard Dunne is a player i have always admired, so there could be biasness in the post and maybe i worded the post wrong.

I clearly didn't mean Dunne would walk into United and Chelsea i meant he could probably have a fighting case to still earn a contract at a side like Hull, Stoke, Norwich, Palace, Cardiff. 

Sorry if i you thought i was looking for a "chomp"

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:32 pm

Moyes/united have really annoyed me this window.

Going for garay a guy who has not been a success at big clubs before when we have 5 centre backs.

Missing out on thiago.

This fabregas thing dragging on and making an offer that is unlikely to be accepted after thiago agrees a move.

The Baines offer, I don't rate him at top dollar and I thought it was a low bid- moyes has just come from everton he should have known what would be accepted.

The Rooney situation, a foot in mouth moment suggesting he is back up to rvp when he is not in the camp!

We are still currently weaker than last season, finger needs pulled out.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:47 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Richard Dunne is a player i have always admired, so there could be biasness in the post and maybe i worded the post wrong.

I clearly didn't mean Dunne would walk into United and Chelsea i meant he could probably have a fighting case to still earn a contract at a side like Hull, Stoke, Norwich, Palace, Cardiff. 

Sorry if i you thought i was looking for a "chomp"

your not fooling anyone stupid.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:19 am

Quite enjoyed this from the Guardian's Rumour Mill:

A meeting of Wenger and Gazidis:

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:26 am

The Guardian also claim United plan to buy Fellaini and Fabregas to play in midfield together, whilst Fabregas was bid for after United considered going for Modric.

In an article full of apparent knowledge, it is claimed United COULD have signed Thiago but chose to delay because Moyes' wasnt 100% sure and United coaches didnt know whether he'd handle the physical side of the league. 

Playing fantasy land here, but a midfield of Fellaini Carrick Fabregas with Kagawa and Rooney ahead of them, behind RVP, thats pretty impressive. With possibly Baines and Rafael to add full back width, theres potential for absolute bundles of goals.

This is not to say I think any of it will happen, just nice to go to fantasy land occasionally

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:29 am

Olly will enjoy this quote from the Guardian (I really dont read newspapers you know, just sport)

Some Journo wrote:So the rest of Europe can have their Cavanis, their Falcaos and their Mkhitaryans. The Premier League doesn't need them. No, next season will be when most Premier League clubs give young players – predominantly English – a chance to shine and when the title race between a Van Wolfswinkel-inspired Norwich and Fulham, where Stekelenburg keeps 25 clean sheets, goes to the last day of the season.
Like I said, if you can't dream during the summer months, when can you dream?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 16 Jul 2013, 9:32 am

THE WOLF WILL FIRE US TO EUROPEAN AND PREMIER LEAGUE GLORY
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 9:36 am

It could just be me, but I don't think Fellaini and Fabregas would be a good combination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 16 Jul 2013, 10:39 am

I don't rate fellani at all, would rather stick with what we have.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Tue 16 Jul 2013, 10:42 am

I think Fellaini is a very decent player but I do think he is a bit overrated. He's also too much of a dirty player for my liking and gets too many cards. He's certainly a dangerous player at times with his height and physique and I'm sure he will improve overall as he has done little by little each year.
I'd be happy if he stays but I wouldn't be overly upset if he went either. If we had to sell one big name player I'd rather it was him. Think he'd be better at Arsenal or Chelsea than United though.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 10:44 am

RE Dunne.

Injured all last season when we could have done with him.

I do think he would easily be in teams like WBA, Norwich, Saints, Stoke, Cardiff, Hull, Palace's 'squads'.

Not starting, but do a job from the bench.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 11:00 am

Albion stepping up their pursuit of Ola Toivonen and are supposedly in for Clint Dempsey too. I'd be very happy with both those players, as long as it means no Kalou or Malouda!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 16 Jul 2013, 11:07 am

Hooper is set to join QPR apparently and in the process break Olly's heart

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 11:08 am

Not sure why, he'd only take RVW's place Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 16 Jul 2013, 11:12 am

That's weird Bull because Harry Redknapp has just literally been on SSN and said they "are not close" to signing him, and wasn't particularly hopeful they would get him
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 11:21 am

He's about £4m too expensive for Harry's tastes, he wants Bosmans so he can pocket the agents fees.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 11:53 am

If he joins QPR, says everything about how he views his own ability and that he's not good enough for EPL.

Just to clarify, Fabregas would listen to offers from the EPL. However, Barcelona do not want to sell and only the clause in his contract with Arsenal, has sparked a false story and media hype that he's actually available for United to get. Balague doubts any deal will be done.

- - - - - - - - -RVP - - - - - - - -

- KAGAWA - -ROONEY - - -ZAHA -

- - -CARRICK- - -FABREGAS - - - -

BAINES - FERDINAND - VIDIC - RAFAEL

- - - - - - - -DE GEA - - - - - - - -

Must admit, I would be impressed if United did line up like that this season and I'm sure Moyes has that line-up or thereabouts in his mind.

Breaking News - Newcastle United have made a significant summer signing by hiring performance director Faye Downey as a fitness consultant. What a signing, shame it's not actually a player Laugh 

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 16 Jul 2013, 12:01 pm

Newcastle now want Djebbour I heard.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 12:03 pm

Seriously, if Kinnear has spent a week on holiday and come up with Rafik Djebbour, then I will be screwing. The Bent deal must be near to a conclusion, getting ridiculous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 12:06 pm

It has to be rubbish, if he's never heard of Douglas then there's no way he's heard of Djebbour Laugh

I can imagine the press conference:
Joe Kinnear wrote:I'd like to welcome Trap Door to the club, he is a good player but he needs to work on his shooting, passing and running if he wants to play for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 16 Jul 2013, 12:10 pm

@barcastuff: Vilanova: "Cesc has received offers from other clubs. I talked with him and he told me he wants to stay. His dream is to triumph here."
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 12:12 pm

Good on Cesc. I hope he wins everything there is to win, he's a quality player who tarried too long at Arsenal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 12:15 pm

Why would he leave, just as the primary position he plays is opening up at the club. Xavi is in decline and Thiago has been sold, would be madness to leave really. As I said, the clause has sparked a huge media story but in reality Barcelona don't need to sell and until Arsenal do anything, which is unlikely, seeing as they require other squad positions to be filled, then nothing will happen and United's bid will be rejected. Over-hyped reaction in my opinion.

In terms of United though, it's worrying. Main target has gone to Bayern and their secondary target is not going to leave Barcelona. The third target must be Modric?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 12:23 pm

Strootman has gone to Roma, Eriksen to Dortmund (is that one a done deka yet), leaving Fellaini I'd imagine. Not much left on the market. Modric isn't fit to clean Carrick's boots, and that's coming from someone that doesn't rate Carrick!

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 16 Jul 2013, 12:26 pm

I don't Eriksen is going to Dortmund now that they've signed the Liverpool target, the rumours are all now that Eriksen is now Liverpool's top target.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 12:33 pm

Yeah, I heard Eriksen's most likely destination is now Anfield.

Not sure Sir Alex would of acted this way and been left high and dry on two occassions for players. Moyes struggling to bring in players is a worry and also Everton are not going to just lay down and let United take Baines & Fellaini, it will be one or the other surely. Out of the two, I would take Baines.

@Azzy, why don't you rate Modric? Quality operator in the midfield, creative and can dictate and control games in this league. He also can score as United found out in the Champions League. Not really given a fair chance at Madrid under Mourinho and his stock fell. I'm sure he's the target now for United and I know Ferguson adored him previously.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 12:36 pm

Bull wrote:Hooper is set to join QPR apparently and in the process break Olly's heart

What an absolute waste. Obviously money speaks.

Could be playing in Europe or trying his hand in the prem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 12:37 pm

John, he doesn't do anything. He scores infrquently, doesn't have that great a shot, he can't tackle very well, his passing is good at short range but he lacks the Carrick through balls from his repertoire. He's a very busy, better version of Robbie Savage. And no way on earth is he worth even a fraction of what Real paid for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 16 Jul 2013, 12:44 pm

Dont think Carrick is better then Modric. He basically does what Carrick does but better.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 1:35 pm

Tomatoes, tomatoes. I'd rather have Carrick, his vision is fantastic, Modric's less so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 16 Jul 2013, 1:37 pm

Don't rate modric, looks tidy but doesn't really do anything.

Said it yesterday, didnt understand fabregas bid - now we look stupid.

It's been a shocker of a window for moyes so far.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 16 Jul 2013, 1:38 pm

Modric was one of the best players in the PL.

Its no coincidence that as he had a dip in form, Spurs completely fell apart and gifted Arsenal 4th spot. He was their better than Bale at that point.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 1:42 pm

At least United have Zaha picard

I can't understand why the fringe players like Nani, Anderson, Valencia, Rooney haven't been shipped out yet. Moyes really is taking his time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 16 Jul 2013, 1:45 pm

You've to buy replacements first.

Rooney isn't a fringe player either despite the nonsense of this summer.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next