The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread

+35
SirJohnnyEnglish
liverbnz
cherriesfna
sportform
Colan (niner)
JDizzle
westisbest
Lowlandbrit
DP
Duty281
Gregers
kingraf
Hulking_up
NickisBHAFC
ncfc_Tooze
Holymiky
GSC
Bull
Kenny
VDT
Geordie
hampo17
nasisillmatic
Ent
Fernando
Good Golly I'm Olly
Hero
Crimey
Mat
monty junior
Kay Fabe
The Special Juan
Nakatomi Plaza
Dolphin Ziggler
Dr Gregory House MD
39 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread Empty 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 27 May 2013, 1:46 am

Now that the season has drawn to a close, I thought I'd put up a thread to discuss possible transfer business.

Rumours, Predictions, Hopes and Actualities all welcome here

thumbsup

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread Empty Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 27 May 2013, 1:49 am

To kick things off, for my club (Dundee United), I don't see much transfer business, probably a couple of cheap signings from Partick Thistle, hopefully someone to shore up centre back and help Souttar develop, getting Webster back would be ideal if Hearts go down the tubes but that's probably wishful thinking.

As for outgoings, Daly's almost certainally off to Rangers and our young talents, Russel, Armstrong and GMS will probably be snapped up by League 1 or 2 english sides never to be seen again Sad

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 27 May 2013, 1:56 am

At West Ham we'll be signing one decent money striker, probably Carroll, and then id imagine at least one more on loan. Lukaku is a silly, Das Bost another. Considering we generally play one up top I would expect us to be after a winger-cum-striker to upgrade on Vaz Te. Its a key position for us. Remy would have been the dream guy if he wasnt a possible r***ist.

I could see us being in for Hooper at Celtic, an Essex boy who played in a charity game with us recently, Shelvey will probably en enquired after and a centre back too, plus maybe Figueroa. Frees and loans will be used as thats the way the Daves like to go about things.

Gonna be a big one this summer at the high end of the European market and I think all ends of the Premier League. Managerial merry go rounds and TV money increases will see people act

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Mon 27 May 2013, 4:16 am

Should be a big summer at Arsenal, with the transfer kitty boosted by the extra TV money, and new sponsorship deals.

Wenger needs to make 3/4 big signings if he wants Arsenal to push for major honours next season.

A centre forward should be a priority in my opinion. Lewandowski would be ideal, and it's rumoured that Dortmund are prepared to let him leave to anyone but Bayern for £17 million. Problem is it seems he wants to be reunited with Gotze in Munich.

The talented but injury prone Auxerre striker Yaya Sanogo looks to be coming on a Bosman free, but has no top level experience, so will need time to develop

I can see a goalkeeper being purchased. Szezency performances improved when recalled to the first team at the end of the season, but needs real competition. Asmir Begovic would provide that, but Mignolet looks a more likely signing.

A centre half., and centre midfielder are also required.

Arshavin and Squllachi will leave as their contracts are up. Fabianski may go, and hopefully buyers can be found for Bendtner, Denilson, Park, Chamakh and Santos.

Last edited by Nakatomi Plaza on Mon 27 May 2013, 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 May 2013, 11:06 am

Falcao off to Monaco for his medical. £51m.

picard

Poor move for his career in my opinion and clearly financially motivated

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 27 May 2013, 11:53 am

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:To kick things off, for my club (Dundee United), I don't see much transfer business, probably a couple of cheap signings from Partick Thistle, hopefully someone to shore up centre back and help Souttar develop, getting Webster back would be ideal if Hearts go down the tubes but that's probably wishful thinking.

As for outgoings, Daly's almost certainally off to Rangers and our young talents, Russel, Armstrong and GMS will probably be snapped up by League 1 or 2 english sides never to be seen again Sad

Is Flood out of contract?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 27 May 2013, 12:43 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:To kick things off, for my club (Dundee United), I don't see much transfer business, probably a couple of cheap signings from Partick Thistle, hopefully someone to shore up centre back and help Souttar develop, getting Webster back would be ideal if Hearts go down the tubes but that's probably wishful thinking.

I heard Stephen McManus is looking to come back up the road with Aberdeen and Dundee Utd the two clubs interested

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 27 May 2013, 12:46 pm

The Special Juan wrote:

I think he must be, lots of talk that he's off to Aberdeeen

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Mon 27 May 2013, 1:14 pm

Have Catania given up on Russel? apparently they had a couple of bids a few weeks back both well below the 2 million asking price.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Mon 27 May 2013, 1:52 pm

Albion very much dependent on Lukaku. If we manage to get him on loan, focus of transfers will change completely.

If he does come in, I expect we'll spend bigger money(for us) on a couple of wide players. If he doesn't, we'll sign one striker for bigger money and then another winger. Strikers we are looking at for money atm include Mbonkani and Bony, expect we'll be linked with others.

I think we'll sign a Right Back, Centre Mid, 1/2 wide players and 2 strikers(One for a fee, the other on loan/free). Could possibly lose Olsson, if we do, guess we'll bring in another centre back

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 27 May 2013, 1:53 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:

I think he must be, lots of talk that he's off to Aberdeeen

That's a very odd move if it comes off. I wouldn't say Aberdeen were better than Dundee Utd at all.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 27 May 2013, 1:58 pm

Liverpool seem likely to sign Kolo Toure on a free transfer and another centre back coming in for around £10 million.

If Suarez is sold, a new forward or possibly two will presumably be signed. Wouldn't be surprised to see one more forward being signed regardless. Maybe another winger, and possibly a left back/keeper depending on a lot of factors.

I don't think it should be a busy summer, the side needs a bit of consistency rather than messing around with a lot of new signings.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 27 May 2013, 6:14 pm

monty junior wrote:Have Catania given up on Russel? apparently they had a couple of bids a few weeks back both well below the 2 million asking price.

I think the last bid was something like £600,000 which is ridiculous

Celtic from what I heard back in January asked to be kept informed of Russell's situation ans that of Gary MacKay-Steven

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 27 May 2013, 6:16 pm

Just on Dundee Utd there...Barry Douglas has reportedly completed a medical with Lech Poznan

Celtic are also after Poznan winger Aleksander Tonev for £2.5m

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 27 May 2013, 7:28 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:
monty junior wrote:Have Catania given up on Russel? apparently they had a couple of bids a few weeks back both well below the 2 million asking price.

I think the last bid was something like £600,000 which is ridiculous

Celtic from what I heard back in January asked to be kept informed of Russell's situation ans that of Gary MacKay-Steven

I read in the paper that, although he's a Celtic man, Russell wants to go abroad.

Douglas to Poznan is the most random thing I've ever heard!!
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 27 May 2013, 7:41 pm

Whilst the Falcao move is obviously financially motivated for him, for Monaco its a great acquisition based on who they've already purchased in Rodriguez and Moutinho, the three of them already have a lot of play time together so will instantly gel, can see them bringing in Hulk too.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 27 May 2013, 8:19 pm

From a Norwich perspective I expect a busy summer.

As the squad is now I think we'll see another striker, winger, attacking midfielder, central midfielder, left back and centre back coming in.

Will see some of the deadwood leave, hopefully we can keep the core of our side together, and really push on
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 27 May 2013, 8:26 pm

I think there will be clubs around Europe really happy to be selling their big names to Monaco, in terms of not selling to instant direct competition. They will pay inflated fees and wont be champions league for at least a year.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 27 May 2013, 8:36 pm

If I was Moyes Id be booking a one way ticket for Rooney there.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 27 May 2013, 8:39 pm

Hero wrote:If I was Moyes Id be booking a one way ticket for Rooney there.

Anything about £25m and I reckon most Utd fans would drive him as far to Monaco as possible.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Mon 27 May 2013, 9:12 pm

The Special Juan wrote:

Anything about £25m and I reckon most Utd fans would drive him as far to Monaco as possible.

I read in the papers yesterday that Nani's on Monaco's shortlist. Would you be happy to see him go, in light of Zaha's arrival?

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 27 May 2013, 9:18 pm

Reports that Valdes is going to Monaco too.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 27 May 2013, 9:19 pm

Everyone is going to Monaco Laugh

Apparently Dortmund's highest paid player is Reus on 35k a week Shocked Lewandowski is on 20k

no one their all leaving

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Mon 27 May 2013, 10:01 pm

You sure i thought Gotze, Reus and Lewandowski were all given contracts between 60-80 grand a week.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 28 May 2013, 2:35 am

The Special Juan wrote:

Having lost our biggest name we can't afford to be shipping a marquee name even if he hasn't been performing as one.

We've done our main business of the summer with moyes and he's a very difficult job without signings - made his first mistake already sacking the guy who has coached the first team through 6 title wins in 10 years...

If fabregas is available as touted if bite barcas hand off for him then shut up shop and concentrate on the new manager.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Tue 28 May 2013, 10:03 am

From what I know about Falcao's ownership, he doesn't have the biggest say in where he goes.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 28 May 2013, 10:14 am

Ent wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:

Having lost our biggest name we can't afford to be shipping a marquee name even if he hasn't been performing as one.

We've done our main business of the summer with moyes and he's a very difficult job without signings - made his first mistake already sacking the guy who has coached the first team through 6 title wins in 10 years...

I think it is pretty inevitable the new manager is going to want to bring in his own assistant!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 28 May 2013, 10:49 am

But that's all Rooney is these days unless he gets his act together - a name. He's just a poor man's Beckham in that he's probably past his best but everyone fawns over him for some reason.

I'm with Olly, he has to bring in his own assistant and backroom staff, otherwise what's the point of appointing him and not Phelan in the first place.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 28 May 2013, 11:01 am

Crimey wrote:Liverpool seem likely to sign Kolo Toure on a free transfer and another centre back coming in for around £10 million.

If Suarez is sold, a new forward or possibly two will presumably be signed. Wouldn't be surprised to see one more forward being signed regardless. Maybe another winger, and possibly a left back/keeper depending on a lot of factors.

I don't think it should be a busy summer, the side needs a bit of consistency rather than messing around with a lot of new signings.

Lots of talk about us being in for Erikson from Ajax, would be a good signing if we can get him. Would add some much needed creativity in the final third.

Neymar to Barcelona is a big move, not sure how it will work though as he loves to play through the middle and Messi owns that position.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 28 May 2013, 11:28 am

With regards to the Dundee U speculation that went on while I was away, Douglas to Poznan is random, but it's hard to argue with 2x wages and European football, depressingly Poznan are a bigger club than we are it seems.

I'm not normally someone to get on players backs when they leave the club, but on the face of it Flood to Aberdeen really gets up my nose, the fact he's even back with us should suggest he knows the grass isn't always greener and not only is he leaving he's going to our rivals who haven't finished above us in the table for about 5 years now, I can only assume it's financially motivated.

I'm not basing the Russel, GMS & Armstrong transfers on anything, but I think it is inveitable we will have lost all of them within the next 18 months, Russel probably this summer, we may hang onto the other two but I suspect we'll survive two more transfer windows at best, GMS will be a sad loss, injury prone yes, but I genuinly believe he is the most natural Scottish flair player right now.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 28 May 2013, 11:31 am

Monaco really are the club to watch this season, combining a mega rich owner, top flight football, a tax haven and the the weather in the south of france, that is a recipe for world domination.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 May 2013, 12:25 pm

Monaco want Hatem Ben Arfa from us for around £10m-£12m. Although he's one of my favourite players and our really only creative spark, we should probably accept.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 28 May 2013, 12:46 pm

I'd accept that John...but he must be replaced, and thats the difficult part...

Im sure they're looking at a few players.....IN FRANCE!!! Erm Doh

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 28 May 2013, 1:23 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2331843/Chelsea-line-bid-Vitesse-midfielder-Marco-van-Ginkel.html

Chelsea, Utd and NORWICH! linked with him.

You know what's best son, head on down Carra Rd
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 28 May 2013, 2:11 pm

Olly wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2331843/Chelsea-line-bid-Vitesse-midfielder-Marco-van-Ginkel.html

Chelsea, Utd and NORWICH! linked with him.

You know what's best son, head on down Carra Rd

He strikes me as someone who's 2/3 of the way to being a great player

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 28 May 2013, 2:41 pm

Olly wrote:
Ent wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:

I think it is pretty inevitable the new manager is going to want to bring in his own assistant!

Phelan could have been given another job at the club but it appears he and Eric Steele are gone. He tried to demote rene muelensteen and he left, the chief scout has left. He's bringing in phil Neville. David gill also left but that was his doing.

The continuity is going, a lot of the infrastructure being put in place for a decade by fergie is being torn apart in weeks. Moyes needs to be very careful.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 28 May 2013, 3:54 pm

hampo171 wrote:
Crimey wrote:Liverpool seem likely to sign Kolo Toure on a free transfer and another centre back coming in for around £10 million.

Lots of talk about us being in for Erikson from Ajax, would be a good signing if we can get him. Would add some much needed creativity in the final third.

Neymar to Barcelona is a big move, not sure how it will work though as he loves to play through the middle and Messi owns that position.

I think it'd be a pretty poor signing actually. I can see it being between £15-£20 million for a player who when I've seen him play seems to disappear. I also think creativity in the final third is not a problem, Suarez and Coutinho make chances galore, Gerrard also creates a lot of chances, as do Enrique and Johnson.

I can't work out how a midfield with Eriksen would ever work. He's not going to take Gerrard's role, presumably he won't be put on the wing, we can't replace Lucas with him because that would leave the midfield weak, and presumably as a creative player he won't take Henderson's "busy-body" role.

Neymar usually likes to come in on off the left, think Thierry Henry, so he can take the spot where Villa used to play. Also, let's not pretend that Barcelona follow any real formation, it's very fluid.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 May 2013, 5:27 pm

- - - - - - - - - - - MESSI - - - - - - - -

- -NEYMAR - - - - - - - - - - - - -PEDRO - - -

-- - - INIESTA -BUSQUETS -FABREGAS - - -

- ALBA - PIQUE - INIGO MARTINEZ--ALVES - - - -

- - - - - - - -REINA/TER STEGEN- - - - - - - -

Xavi can play but he's half a player he was even two years ago and can't dictate games anymore. Either they play Cesc or admit it was a failed re-signing because he hasn't set the world alight on his return. I'd expect them to sign Inigo Martinez as he's the most promising central defender in spain and they are heavily linked. Maybe David Luiz to come too and play either at the back or in midfield.

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Tue 28 May 2013, 8:08 pm

Based on transfer gossip and rumours over the last few weeks since Moyes took over, this could be Man Uniteds starting XI next season:
GK: De Gea
RB: Rafael
CB: Ferdinand
CB: Vidic
LB: Baines
DM: Carrick
CM: Felliani
AM: Fabregas
RF: Ronaldo
LF: Bale
CF: Van Persie
What a team, too bad we'll never see it! Sad
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 28 May 2013, 8:28 pm

Question. In only one word and based purely on their ability, Cavani or Falcao?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 28 May 2013, 8:30 pm

Too many cooks there.

De gea
Rafael Ferdinand vidic evra
Valencia fabregas carrick kagawa
Rooney van persie

Just relies on one big signing and looks a very strong team and squad.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Tue 28 May 2013, 8:46 pm

Ent wrote:Too many cooks there.

De gea
Rafael Ferdinand vidic evra
Valencia fabregas carrick kagawa
Rooney van persie

Just relies on one big signing and looks a very strong team and squad.

My team was purely based on newspaper gossip, I expect that to be the starting XI that the community shield! I can't see Ronaldo, Bale or Fabregas joining, Felliani and Baines will do!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 28 May 2013, 8:58 pm

I will eat a hat if Fabregas joins United - You can hold me to this based on that Barcelona still owe us Money for him(between 10m-20m) and that we have a 50% sell on clause so the only way they would make money on him is selling him back to us essentially

OK

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 May 2013, 9:06 pm

He'd only rejoin Arsenal. I actually don't rate him that highly anymore and at Barcelona he's been shown to actually not be good enough, quite slow and incredibly ineffective, hence the bench roles. Amazed I'm saying that because at Arsenal he ran the show but he's really disappointed me in La Liga.

The Cavani & Falcao decision is a toss of a coin because they both guarantee 25-30 league goals a season consistantly. I'd say Falcao is the more natural finisher based on what I've seen but Cavani offers a more physical threat and is aerially superior, so would suit the EPL more than Falcao. According to Guillem Balague, Falcao has no real say in the transfer as he's owned by numerous parties, however it's been revealed that after one year at Monaco there is an option to leave for a set price. I can see Cavani at Manchester City or Real Madrid.

Is Darren Bent really being offloaded for around £4m?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 28 May 2013, 9:15 pm

Strootman's agent says everything is agreed for a move to Utd.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 May 2013, 9:41 pm

I've just read this regarding Strootman, I'm in stitches.....

The Dutchman had been advised to leave his current club by manager Dick Advocaat, with the boss claiming Strootman is just as good as Manchester City midfielder Gareth Barry.

'Strootman fits everywhere. He's a fantastic player because he knows exactly what his qualities are. Strootman is nothing less than Barry. He's a very useful player for every team. Especially when he's surrounded by better players'.

Oh dear.

How can this even be a David Moyes signing, I mean he was linked with Manchester United over a year ago?

I see Christian Eriksen will probably end up going to Borussia Dortmund.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 28 May 2013, 10:03 pm

Interesting move. I really expected Fellaini to be the man Moyes went for to give that midfield bite. Both the big man and Moyes agree Fellaini's best role is deeper but needs must when it came to Everton's midfield.

Both Nani and Valencia could be on the way out. Nani is hard to call cos he's clearly got talent but is a maddening player, whilst Valencia appeared to regress a bit but I'm not sure he's top class. Good squad option though, works hard and can be a real problem solver with his energy. I'm a big fan of Ashley Young, think he's better than both, would love him to be made available so we could try steal in.

I hope there's big moves for the big clubs cos then decent players filter down

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Tue 28 May 2013, 10:12 pm

Its saying on Twitter that Monaco have signed Carvalho, so Rodriguez, Moutinho, Contreao, Falcao and Victor Valdes! Not a bad weeks work!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 May 2013, 10:24 pm

Valdes is woeful & Carvalho is finished so that's nothing to shout about. I think there trying to run before they can walk. Not sure the original players are going to like playing with these new players, who will clearly be on ridiculous money. Reminds me of QPR. Falcao will leave after a season as Guillem Balague says and what's in his contract.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 28 May 2013, 10:26 pm

Barry Douglas has left Dundee Utd for Lech Poznan

Was the most prolific creater of chances from fullback this season, great move for the lad butbad news for United

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next