The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread

+35
SirJohnnyEnglish
liverbnz
cherriesfna
sportform
Colan (niner)
JDizzle
westisbest
Lowlandbrit
DP
Duty281
Gregers
kingraf
Hulking_up
NickisBHAFC
ncfc_Tooze
Holymiky
GSC
Bull
Kenny
VDT
Geordie
hampo17
nasisillmatic
Ent
Fernando
Good Golly I'm Olly
Hero
Crimey
Mat
monty junior
Kay Fabe
The Special Juan
Nakatomi Plaza
Dolphin Ziggler
Dr Gregory House MD
39 posters

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread - Page 3 Empty 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 27 May 2013, 1:46 am

First topic message reminder :

Now that the season has drawn to a close, I thought I'd put up a thread to discuss possible transfer business.

Rumours, Predictions, Hopes and Actualities all welcome here

thumbsup

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Post by Crimey Fri 31 May 2013, 11:38 pm

FreekShow wrote:
Crimey wrote:
FreekShow wrote:
Crimey wrote:

I can see the French league quickly improving as the money moves over there. I believe Spain have had one of their tax loopholes for the big players closed so it's less of a lure money-wise there now, France may grow.

It may grow but at this moment in time Falcao can't be considered anything more than a parasite.

Who cares about a French Championship?

I didn't see the same kind of hate towards Ibrahimovic when he moved to PSG, but I'd say he's actually upgraded from AC Milan and he's become a better player and probably has a better shot at European success with PSG now. It's too soon to say the same about Monaco, but it's not a huge stretch of the imagination to believe that Falcao could see himself in the same position.

Falcao was going to be earning millions wherever.

Nah I'm not buying that. A sideways step at best.

And Ibra becoming a better player after moving to France? Come on now.

I'd say the French league is actually on par with the Italian these days. AC Milan are certainly not the club they were even 5 years ago. Juventus are good, but I'd fancy PSG every time against them.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 11:43 pm

Crimey wrote:
FreekShow wrote:
Crimey wrote:
FreekShow wrote:
Crimey wrote:

I can see the French league quickly improving as the money moves over there. I believe Spain have had one of their tax loopholes for the big players closed so it's less of a lure money-wise there now, France may grow.

It may grow but at this moment in time Falcao can't be considered anything more than a parasite.

Who cares about a French Championship?

I didn't see the same kind of hate towards Ibrahimovic when he moved to PSG, but I'd say he's actually upgraded from AC Milan and he's become a better player and probably has a better shot at European success with PSG now. It's too soon to say the same about Monaco, but it's not a huge stretch of the imagination to believe that Falcao could see himself in the same position.

Falcao was going to be earning millions wherever.

Nah I'm not buying that. A sideways step at best.

And Ibra becoming a better player after moving to France? Come on now.

I'd say the French league is actually on par with the Italian these days. AC Milan are certainly not the club they were even 5 years ago. Juventus are good, but I'd fancy PSG every time against them.

As bad as the Italian league is it's still a notch or two above the French league.

I do hope you are not you are basing this on PSG's result against Barca?

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 01 Jun 2013, 10:07 am

I just in general PSG have a very decent side. Milan don't have the world class players like Ibrahimovic, Thiago Silva and Sirigu. I also think the French league is slightly more competitive than the Italian, even if the lower sides aren't quite as good as the lower Italian sides, I'm convinced that will have changed in a few years.

I'd be stupid to judge it on their result against Barcelona, as Milan also had a very good result. I just felt that over the tournament PSG were a much better side than Milan, and I'd also fancy them against Juventus who are the undisputed best side in Italy.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jun 2013, 11:21 am

- - - - - - - - - - FALCAO - - I. TOURE - - - - - - - - - -

- RODRIGUEZ - MOUTINHO - - J POULSEN - - N DIRAR -

-COENTRAO - CARVALHO - - TZAVELLAS - - RAGGI -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -- VALDES - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That Monaco team (plus Coentrao if he signs) would not touch PSG.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sat 01 Jun 2013, 11:29 am

whos to say they wont sign more players?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jun 2013, 11:41 am

51m on falcao and 60m on moutinho and rodriguez. I think they are pretty much done for this summer. Yes, people will talk about the financial fair play but they wont want to raise any more eyebrows from FIFA, even if Platini is turning a blind eye to an extent. It's a work in progress at Monaco, they might want to run before they can walk but I would not expect any more 'major' action until january when they will go again depending on their success. Remember they only need a top 3 to achieve their main goal. Then once they are champions league they can attract even higher calibre players.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 01 Jun 2013, 11:44 am

Yeah there squad is nowhere near the level of PSG's yet, they're most definately gping to need time to really compete with them
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 01 Jun 2013, 12:05 pm

PSG have been building their project for a couple of years now, and Monaco have only just been promoted, it will take at least 2 years for Monaco to be competitive.

If they get Champions League by next year, they'll be able to attract even more players and I could see them winning the league by the 2014/15 season.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jun 2013, 1:01 pm

Any developments on Gareth Bale?

Was told this morning he won't leave Spurs because he loves them. How cute.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 01 Jun 2013, 1:02 pm

I doubt Levy sells him tbh. 1 more year.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 01 Jun 2013, 1:02 pm

What with RM shelling out 40m on Suarez to boot.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 01 Jun 2013, 3:36 pm

Leicester City have rejected Hull Citys £1.25million bid for Kasper Schmeichel and are demanding £4million ................with only one year left on his deal i would think a figure somewhere in the middle will see a deal done
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 01 Jun 2013, 3:46 pm

Id tell Leicester where to go for 4m.

Forests shopping seems limited to FAs so far, with links to Carlton Cole, Darius Henderson, David Lopez and a winger from West Ham
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 01 Jun 2013, 3:52 pm

Who are Atletico signing to replace Falcao?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 01 Jun 2013, 3:56 pm

The papers are saying they will bid between 17-20 million for Christian Benteke
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 01 Jun 2013, 3:57 pm

Reports in Spain suggest that Real Madrid have opened talks regarding a move from Barcelona midfielder Thiago Alcantara .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 01 Jun 2013, 3:59 pm

Kenny wrote:The papers are saying they will bid between 17-20 million for Christian Benteke

He could be devastating for them indeed.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 01 Jun 2013, 4:26 pm

Cesc Fabregas (on Radio Catalunya) "All rumours linking me with Man United are false, I will not join Man United."

And there is the official end of the rumor if he has sense he'd stay at Barca Xavi ain't got that long left OK

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 01 Jun 2013, 4:42 pm

this story is on skysports

Lyon midfielder Clement Grenier claims to know who he will be joining this summer, and has hinted at a move to Arsenal.

The 22-year-old has been linked with the Gunners for some time, while Liverpool and Juventus are also said to be closely monitoring his situation in France.

Lyon are reluctant to part with the services of a key performer in their present and future, but would struggle to turn down a sizeable approach.

Grenier, who has been called up to the senior France squad for the first time, has revealed that he expects to be on his way to pastures new.

He has stopped short of revealing the identity of his next club, but admits a switch to the Premier League would appeal.

"I have more or less made a decision about which club I want to join," said Grenier.

"I have made the choice for sporting reasons above all. Arsenal? It could well be them.

"There would be competition for places, but you get that at all big clubs and it does not stop me making my decision.

"I am still young, but I have always set myself targets and I do everything possible to exceed them."
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jun 2013, 4:48 pm

So that's a done deal Grenier to Arsenal. Good, young, technical player from what I've seen of him last season. Wenger has to move early in this transfer market and go and get his targets, if he sits around, then they will go elsewhere and then Arsenal end up looking desperate and make more mistakes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Sat 01 Jun 2013, 5:01 pm

John wrote:So that's a done deal Grenier to Arsenal. Good, young, technical player from what I've seen of him last season. Wenger has to move early in this transfer market and go and get his targets, if he sits around, then they will go elsewhere and then Arsenal end up looking desperate and make more mistakes.

I've seen Wenger describe him as similiar to Nasri. Not sure Arsenal need another player of that ilk, as we're pretty well off with players who can play just off the front man. I think we have more pressing needs (Keeper, Centre forward, defensively minded midfielder).

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 01 Jun 2013, 5:03 pm

Haven't Arsenal already missed out on Jovetic?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 01 Jun 2013, 5:06 pm

6 fingered tractor boy wrote:Haven't Arsenal already missed out on Jovetic?

Not heard if he has gone anywhere else ?

love the new name by the way , how long you lumbered with that ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jun 2013, 5:10 pm

Yeah a striker, similar to Benteke, is probably what is needed but Grenier is another great addition to the squad. You can't tell me you would pass up the chance of this kind of talent and instead watch Rosicky be injured from August until April and then plays for one month to get a new contract. Wilshere is injury plagued and if anything all you have in that role behind the striker is Cazorla. Diaby is basically finished, Arshavin has been released and let's face it Ramsey and Arteta are hardly world beaters. Grenier walks into this Arsenal team with ease. I'm sure Begovic will be on his way because Butland will not reject Chelsea to end up at Stoke and sit on the bench. Jovetic is basically a rip-off at £25m. Wenger is not stupid and in my opinion he's nowhere near good enough to be commanding that kind of fee.

At least Wenger is being proactive and not reactive and is spending the money. A start is a start.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sat 01 Jun 2013, 5:12 pm

John wrote:Yeah a striker, similar to Benteke, is probably what is needed but Grenier is another great addition to the squad. You can't tell me you would pass up the chance of this kind of talent and instead watch Rosicky be injured from August until April and then plays for one month to get a new contract. Wilshere is injury plagued and if anything all you have in that role behind the striker is Cazorla. Diaby is basically finished, Arshavin has been released and let's face it Ramsey and Arteta are hardly world beaters. Grenier walks into this Arsenal team with ease. I'm sure Begovic will be on his way because Butland will not reject Chelsea to end up at Stoke and sit on the bench. Jovetic is basically a rip-off at £25m. Wenger is not stupid and in my opinion he's nowhere near good enough to be commanding that kind of fee.

At least Wenger is being proactive and not reactive and is spending the money. A start is a start.....

I would rather pass up the talent and play Rosicky...i just told yoy Wink

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sat 01 Jun 2013, 5:29 pm

Norwich were linked with Kebe in todays local morning paper, havent heard much else at the moment though, other than us being in for hooper again which isnt much of a shock really

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 01 Jun 2013, 6:00 pm

Kebe would be an ok signing for Norwich. But i think Benno and Snodgrass are better personally.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 01 Jun 2013, 8:36 pm

Kenny wrote:
6 fingered tractor boy wrote:Haven't Arsenal already missed out on Jovetic?

Not heard if he has gone anywhere else ?

love the new name by the way , how long you lumbered with that ?

God knows Kenny, I'm getting used to it!

He's off to Juve apparantly, he's a quality player
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jun 2013, 8:39 pm

Makes me feel inferior with my 4 fingers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jun 2013, 9:29 pm

I'd love to see where Alvaro Negredo ends up this summer. Scored four goals tonight against Valencia, denying them the chance of Champions League football. Been linked with Everton and Swansea but I wouldn't mind seeing him at St James' Park next season, just the physical type of striker we so badly need.

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sat 01 Jun 2013, 9:30 pm

In an interview after the Real Madrid game today, it seemed as though Higuain could be leaving Real, maybe a Striker that will have many teams interested? What do you guys think?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jun 2013, 9:33 pm

I believe Higuain has already signed for Juventus. Also is Julio Cesar going to Arsenal?

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sat 01 Jun 2013, 9:47 pm

Oh i did read about Juventus i didn't know if it was confirmed or not though and i have heard rumours that Cesar could be on his way to Arsenal.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Sat 01 Jun 2013, 10:04 pm

Neither have been confirmed. Cesar has stated he would like to stay in London, and that he's been in talks with a Premier League club. I reckon Juve will sign either Higuain or Jovetic to partner Llorente next season.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 01 Jun 2013, 10:09 pm

The Special Juan wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see Negredo end up in the PL this season, especially as Moyes has been linked to him in the past and now has some money to spend.

I wonder.......
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sat 01 Jun 2013, 10:30 pm

hope not, we dont another striker unless Rooney leaves and i would very much hate it if the replacement was Negredo.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jun 2013, 10:38 pm

- - - - - - - -- - - - -VAN PERSIE - - - - - - - - - -

YOUNG - - - - - - - -KAGAWA - - - - - - - -VALENCIA(woeful/can't cross) OR ZAHA

- - - - - - - CARRICK - - - - STROOTMAN - - - - - - -

BAINES - -- - FERDINAND- - JONES - - - RAFAEL

- - -- - - - - - - - - - DE GEA - - - - - - - - - - -- - -

Would a United fan be happy with that next season?

Last edited by John on Sat 01 Jun 2013, 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jun 2013, 10:44 pm

Can't see Zaha starting many matches myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sat 01 Jun 2013, 10:49 pm

Manuel Pellegrini says he is set to begin negotiations with Manchester City over the managerial vacancy at the club.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jun 2013, 10:52 pm

Holymiky wrote:Manuel Pellegrini says he is set to begin negotiations with Manchester City over the managerial vacancy at the club.

I'm sorry but I don't believe a word. Pelligrini was approached months ago and secret meetings have continually gone with Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain. It's all been sorted already and Isco is joining along with him. If anything, it's old news.

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sat 01 Jun 2013, 11:02 pm

John wrote:
Holymiky wrote:Manuel Pellegrini says he is set to begin negotiations with Manchester City over the managerial vacancy at the club.

I'm sorry but I don't believe a word. Pelligrini was approached months ago and secret meetings have continually gone with Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain. It's all been sorted already and Isco is joining along with him. If anything, it's old news.

You don't believe me or Pellegrini? That was pasted from an article from the BBC website by the way, i understand if you don't believe me or Pellegrini though too.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jun 2013, 11:12 pm

Pelligrini. Yeah, I believe you because I've seen it on there too. Don't believe a word they are just beginning negotiations. The whole Man City story is just confusing. They say they are going to promote this youth system and they will be focusing on that area of the club and restricting their spending and that was a reason for Mancini's exit too because wasn't allowed to spend the money on big players and instead he got Sinclair & Garcia. Now, Pelligrini is saying,, 'I want Jesus Navas, Isco, Cavani blah, blah, blah.....just does not make sense'. Why not just give Mancini the backing and let him bring those players in the first place. Look, I'm not Mancini's biggest fan but the whole thing stinks. It's all been agreed months in advance, they just waited for him to be free from his contract at Malaga and make it 'appear' like it's being done now, instead of when Mancini was still there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jun 2013, 11:15 pm

Pelligrini must be rubbing his hands together at getting this gig. He's done nothing of any note (in Europe anyway) and here he is about to take the reigns at one of the richest clubs in the world.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 01 Jun 2013, 11:18 pm

Corriere dello Sport says that Fiorentina are ready to make a move for Tottenham midfielder Scott Parker.
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Sat 01 Jun 2013, 11:50 pm

FreekShow wrote:Pelligrini must be rubbing his hands together at getting this gig. He's done nothing of any note (in Europe anyway) and here he is about to take the reigns at one of the richest clubs in the world.

Didn't he take Villarreal to a Champions League semi-final?

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jun 2013, 11:57 pm

Nakatomi Plaza wrote:
FreekShow wrote:Pelligrini must be rubbing his hands together at getting this gig. He's done nothing of any note (in Europe anyway) and here he is about to take the reigns at one of the richest clubs in the world.

Didn't he take Villarreal to a Champions League semi-final?

David O'Leary took Leeds to a CL semi-final. Hardly a CV enhancer that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 02 Jun 2013, 12:37 am

The Mail on Sunday is reporting that Atletico Madrid have joined city rivals Real in the race to sign Luis Suarez from Liverpool , Athletico need a replacement for Monaco bound Falcao .
But Real could cool their interest in the Reds striker, 26, if they are encouraged to move for his fellow Uruguayan, Napoli striker Edinson Cavani, 26

but according to reports in other papers Liverpool wont sell for anything less then a club record £50million+fee beating the Torres transfer
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 02 Jun 2013, 5:33 pm

Sky Sports Italia claim Roma's Maarten Stekelenburg will put pen to paper with Fulham on Tuesday.
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Mon 03 Jun 2013, 1:29 am

Crimey wrote:I just in general PSG have a very decent side. Milan don't have the world class players like Ibrahimovic, Thiago Silva and Sirigu. I also think the French league is slightly more competitive than the Italian, even if the lower sides aren't quite as good as the lower Italian sides, I'm convinced that will have changed in a few years.

I'd be stupid to judge it on their result against Barcelona, as Milan also had a very good result. I just felt that over the tournament PSG were a much better side than Milan, and I'd also fancy them against Juventus who are the undisputed best side in Italy.

Serie A is still significantly stronger top to bottom, PSG were a decent side now inflated by a billionaire. Lyon and Marseille are skint, Lille have been totally out of their depth in the CL the past two seasons, if any player outside of PSG was given the chance to play for the likes of Inter, AC or Juve they would jump at it.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 03 Jun 2013, 1:20 pm

Well Ben Arfa pretty much definately going..where is the question...Monaco seem to be the one.

Also more concerning...rumours that PSG are tracking Cabaye are surfacing...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next