The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread is continued...again

+35
ncfc_Tooze
compelling and rich
NickisBHAFC
TopHat24/7
The Special Juan
GSC
sodhat
TopoftheChops
hornbloweroafc
Hulking_up
westisbest
Dr Gregory House MD
owen10ozzy
Marky
whocares
x12x
LastDamnation
Fernando
BamBam
Kay Fabe
Soldier_Of_Fortune
CFCNick
jbeadlesbigrighthand
SirJohnnyEnglish
Bull
Ent
Afro
Hero
The Terror of Tylorstown
Crimey
Sam
Dolphin Ziggler
Good Golly I'm Olly
Duty281
Liam
39 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread is continued...again Empty 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread is continued...again

Post by Crimey Fri 30 Aug 2013, 11:13 am

Four days left of the transfer window and still Arsenal, Manchester United and Newcastle still aren't moving quickly. The Bale deal still hasn't gone through, there is still speculation that Real Madrid may go back in for Suarez and Arsenal could break the transfer record. Tottenham have also decided to sign everybody.

Available at the moment seems to be a list of the players who were the best in the world five years ago:

Kaka 
Fernando Torres
Samuel Eto'o (until yesterday)

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread is continued...again Empty Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread is continued...again

Post by Guest Fri 30 Aug 2013, 11:15 am

Kevin Prince Boateng about to sign for Schalke. What the Dickens?

Back to top Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread is continued...again Empty Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread is continued...again

Post by Liam Fri 30 Aug 2013, 11:17 am

Well seems kaka is all set to return to Milan with KPB moving to shalke for 12m. Cracking signing that and a bargain in today's market.

I expect utd to sign Fellaini, Herrera and Baines by Monday. I think they'll cough up the money for both Everton players and meet Herrera's buy out clause. Will make our transfer window look acceptable to say the least

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 30 Aug 2013, 11:18 am

KPB for £12m - hello Arsenal and Man Utd?!!?!!!??!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri 30 Aug 2013, 11:20 am

I know. Wenger saying there's no value in the market, that's as good as I've seen in a long time

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri 30 Aug 2013, 11:23 am

Liam wrote:KPB moving to shalke for 12m. Cracking signing that and a bargain in today's market.
Completely agree, still only 26.

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Aug 2013, 11:25 am

KPB is a very good signing for £12m - and just what Schalke needed after their underwhelming start to the season. I bet Klaas-Jan Huntelaar is relieved! It's also a good statement of intent to show Julian Draxler that Schalke are serious about challenging for honours. He scored twice for AC this week against PSV, so he's in good nick. Shame for Schalke he'll be cup-tied though.

Kaka to Milan does look nailed on. Quite what's happened to Inter and AC over the last 2/3 years is beyond me, they've both fallen dramatically in terms of quality and reputation. Whatever happened to the AC Milan defence? That was the bedrock of many a successful side, now it's De Sciglio (who's great), Mexes, Zapata and Abate. Not a great defence.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 30 Aug 2013, 11:26 am

Liam wrote:I know. Wenger saying there's no value in the market, that's as good as I've seen in a long time
More evidence that Wenger is just a complete tool and utterly useless when it comes to the transfer market.

Sure he'll stick to young French-African boys on free transfers.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Aug 2013, 11:37 am

Herrara is a good player, that's the same player that United wanted or were looking at under Ferguson after his impressive performances against them in the Europa League. Moyes needs to exert some authority, just seems like he's not in control and basically going back for a player United have already inquired about seems to suggest he's struggling in the market and ran out of ideas with these failed attempts throughout the summer.

Fellaini to Herrara.....that's like chalk and cheese. Herrara had a off-season last year, along with Muniain - who's arguably a better talent. They might need to sell though, if they need to pay off the work being done on their new ground in Bilbao.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Aug 2013, 11:46 am

Fergie always wanted to sign Steven Defour, I wonder why United haven't explored that option? He's fit what United need quite well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Aug 2013, 11:53 am

He broke his leg and then went to Porto didn't he? Never really shone in recent years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Aug 2013, 12:00 pm

I don't know, he looked good in the CL last season against PSG. He's definitely not a £20m CM, but if Fergie saw something in him (and he saw a lot in him), then United should be looking at a cut price deal for Defour instead of Fellaini. Heck, with a decent season at United, he could take Fellaini's place in the Belgium side quite easily.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 30 Aug 2013, 12:00 pm

Tottenham have agreed a deal to sign Chiriches from Steaua Bucharest - another good signing for Tottenham.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 30 Aug 2013, 12:02 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:KPB for £12m - hello Arsenal and Man Utd?!!?!!!??!
Wenger misses out again. Should just admit he doesn't have a finger on the pulse of the market.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Aug 2013, 12:02 pm

Better than it looks - Vertonghen now moves to LB, and Spuds have 3/4 solid defenders, meaning if Walker bombs forward, they can now cope.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Aug 2013, 12:03 pm

@GFN_France: Latest Gomis news. Discussions between Newcastle and player have gone well. He has agreed to lower salary demands. However, Lyon and Newcastle have yet to fix the 5% St Etienne sell on clause issue. Looks like he's on his way to Tyneside. Not convinced on him, however we desperately need an alternative to the diabolical Cisse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 30 Aug 2013, 12:05 pm

Tottenham - dark horses for the title? Surely worth a punt at any rate -they're 20/1 at Coral.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Aug 2013, 12:10 pm

Duty281 wrote:Tottenham - dark horses for the title? Surely worth a punt at any rate -they're 20/1 at Coral.
Integrating all these players into the team will be difficult and adapting to the new league & AVB's tactics. Yeah, there assembling a good looking squad of players, although do they have the experience and know-how of winning this league and playing through tough schedules like the experience of the United squad does. I don't think so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 30 Aug 2013, 12:12 pm

Spurs need to sort out there mentality first, a team that consistently chokes away 4th place isn't gonna suddenly become a title contender in my book
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 30 Aug 2013, 12:13 pm

If they throw Vertonghen out to left back then they are fools. 

Tottenham will be looking for Champions League this season, then they have to learn to play top level European football alongside a league campaign. So, if theyre gonna challenge, its in two years by my book.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri 30 Aug 2013, 12:14 pm

John wrote:@GFN_France: Latest Gomis news. Discussions between Newcastle and player have gone well. He has agreed to lower salary demands. However, Lyon and Newcastle have yet to fix the 5% St Etienne sell on clause issue. Looks like he's on his way to Tyneside. Not convinced on him, however we desperately need an alternative to the diabolical Cisse.
Demba Ba heading back that way I'm lead to believe now we have Eto. Most likely on loan I would think.

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 30 Aug 2013, 12:15 pm

Id heard that the Ba deal was already a no-goer? Gomis is first choice, and Ba will either go to Roma, come to West Ham on loan or sit on his harris and collect his pay cheque.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 30 Aug 2013, 12:16 pm

Yeah his agent has come out and said Ba wants to stay at Chelsea, which means Ba must really want to say otherwise his agent would be trying to secure a move away.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 30 Aug 2013, 12:24 pm

Spurs trying to drag out Bale deal until after NLD.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 30 Aug 2013, 12:26 pm

Just sell the monkey faced petulent little git!

The price is a urine-take as it is.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Aug 2013, 12:29 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:If they throw Vertonghen out to left back then they are fools.
They have no decent LBs, while Vertonghen plays there for Belgium and has played there a lot for Ajax too. That's the best move for them, otherwise Chiriches sits on the bench while captain Dawson partners Tongs at CB.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 30 Aug 2013, 12:32 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Just sell the monkey faced petulent little git!

I think the likely explanation is that Di Maria may be Arsenal bound otherwise they would have no reason to delay it tbh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Aug 2013, 12:34 pm

Okay, I have seriously heard it all now:
Big Sam wrote:Sam Allardyce believes Ricardo Vaz Te has been illegally tapped up after the forward handed in a transfer request, reports the Daily Mail.

Vaz Te went public with his desire to leave West Ham saying he was 'frustrated' at the club and that it was clear he was not in Allardyce's plans.

Allardyce says: 'Generally when you make something like that they've been tapped. Someone would've probably already contacted him. I am expecting a bid for him in the next couple of days because you don't do that sort of thing this late in the transfer window without having somebody spoken to you."
WHO ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH WOULD WANT TO TAP UP RICARDO VAZ TE Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 30 Aug 2013, 12:39 pm

Well, hes better than some players at Cardiff and Palace, whilst he scored bags of goals in the Championship. I dont really know what to say to that, its embarrassing Azzy

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 30 Aug 2013, 12:40 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:If they throw Vertonghen out to left back then they are fools.
They have no decent LBs, while Vertonghen plays there for Belgium and has played there a lot for Ajax too. That's the best move for them, otherwise Chiriches sits on the bench while captain Dawson partners Tongs at CB.
Rose and Assou-Ekotto are better left backs than Dawson is a centre back. Vertonghen is by far their best centre back too, it would weaken their core to cover for a less important defensive position.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Aug 2013, 1:00 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Well, hes better than some players at Cardiff and Palace, whilst he scored bags of goals in the Championship. I dont really know what to say to that, its embarrassing Azzy
Vaz Te is one of the worst footballer I have ever seen play. He's Championship level at best. If Palace or Cardiff pay any transfer fee, even 10p, they have been royally ripped off.

Maiga I could understand, but Vaz Te? Dreadful signing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Aug 2013, 1:02 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Rose and Assou-Ekotto are better left backs than Dawson is a centre back. Vertonghen is by far their best centre back too, it would weaken their core to cover for a less important defensive position.
BAE is one of the poorest defenders Spurs have in their squad. He's like Coentrao, good going forward, unreliable at best defensively. Every single Spurs fan I know wants him gone. As for Rose, he's an okay LB, looks good in a lesser side, but Dawson is by far the better player in his position. There's a reason Dawson was linked with a £7m move to QPR last summer, and why Spurs kept him, and why he went on to have his best ever season last year, and why Rose hasn't been signed by anyone this summer. Dawson is the captain, their leader, and a fantastic CB. Rose is just okay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Aug 2013, 1:13 pm

That Roma deal for Adem Ljajic went through quietly, good replacement for Lamela imo. Obviously he's not at the same level, but he'll contribute well to their season I'd imagine.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Fri 30 Aug 2013, 1:15 pm

I think you place too much emphasis on how much players are bought for, how much interest there is in them and things like that.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 30 Aug 2013, 1:19 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Well, hes better than some players at Cardiff and Palace, whilst he scored bags of goals in the Championship. I dont really know what to say to that, its embarrassing Azzy
Vaz Te is one of the worst footballer I have ever seen play. He's Championship level at best. If Palace or Cardiff pay any transfer fee, even 10p, they have been royally ripped off.

Im sorry, but its nonsense. Utter tripe.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 30 Aug 2013, 1:21 pm

Mata has been dropped by Spain, could that be the trigger for him to demand a move away?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 30 Aug 2013, 1:23 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Rose and Assou-Ekotto are better left backs than Dawson is a centre back. Vertonghen is by far their best centre back too, it would weaken their core to cover for a less important defensive position.
BAE is one of the poorest defenders Spurs have in their squad. He's like Coentrao, good going forward, unreliable at best defensively. Every single Spurs fan I know wants him gone. As for Rose, he's an okay LB, looks good in a lesser side, but Dawson is by far the better player in his position. There's a reason Dawson was linked with a £7m move to QPR last summer, and why Spurs kept him, and why he went on to have his best ever season last year, and why Rose hasn't been signed by anyone this summer. Dawson is the captain, their leader, and a fantastic CB. Rose is just okay.
Centre backs are more expensive than left backs, at that level especially. Saying that, Rose would definitely command a £6m fee at the least id imagine.  Dawson isnt a Champions League, top four centre back. And its a more important position than left back. 

More importantly, Vertonghen is a considerably better defender than Dawson, and a significantly better centre back than left back. Weakening their core too much to cover left back. As well as Vertonghen definitely preferring to play centre back. Its poor management to put him into left back.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 30 Aug 2013, 1:23 pm

Crimey wrote:Mata has been dropped by Spain, could that be the trigger for him to demand a move away?
Either that or it backs up Mourinho's stance that Mata isnt fit.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Aug 2013, 1:25 pm

The Terror of Tylorstown wrote:I think you place too much emphasis on how much players are bought for, how much interest there is in them and things like that.
In what regard? Dawson is a better CB than Rose is a LB. He performs the requirements of the position to a higher standard. Forget value, interest etc. Just on ability, past performance and potential, Dawson is the superior footballer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Aug 2013, 1:26 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Azzy Mahmood wrote:

Im sorry, but its nonsense. Utter tripe.
Says you. You tell me how Vaz Te contributes anything to either Palace or Cardiff's seasons, if he signs. This will be a joy to behold.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 30 Aug 2013, 1:26 pm

Verthonghen was probably the best CB in the league last season, moving him to LB would be absolute madness
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 30 Aug 2013, 1:27 pm

I can see Spurs rotating their centre backs quite often, Kaboul and Dawson both have pretty dodgy injury records so I can see a lot of changes at the back. I don't think Vertonghen is going to be the first choice left back, Rose will be first choice, Naughton back up, Assou-Ekotto will surely be sold.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Aug 2013, 1:29 pm

Be that as it may, he's also Spurs' best LB by a country mile. Chiriches and Dawson are both better CBs than Rose and BAE are left backs, as is Kaboul. If Vertonghen stays at CB then Spurs have three quality CBs to fill one position.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 30 Aug 2013, 2:03 pm

Fernando wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Just sell the monkey faced petulent little git!

I think the likely explanation is that Di Maria may be Arsenal bound otherwise they would have no reason to delay it tbh

Pahahaha I think that is about as wishful an explanation as I've ever read!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 30 Aug 2013, 2:07 pm

Spurs have too many top quality centre backs for sure, but there is no way that means they should push Vertonghen out of position. I know he can play left back, but it would be madness to push him out to the left, it'd only alert the likes of Barcelona who could make use of him in his position.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 30 Aug 2013, 2:08 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:
Just spoken to a mate here at work, lifelong Spurs fan and season ticket holder 10+ years. He rates BAE as do the people he sits with week in week out apparently.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Aug 2013, 2:14 pm

I'd like to meet him. I share an office with a Spurs fan, work closely with another half-dozen, my wife is a Spurs fan, my father-in-law, my two uncles, four cousins...they all think BAE is shocking, and want rid asap.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 30 Aug 2013, 2:18 pm

My dad's a Spurs fan and he wants shut of him too.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 30 Aug 2013, 2:20 pm

I'm not even a Spurs fan and I want him gone too
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 30 Aug 2013, 2:22 pm

Haha well I'm a United fan and, from memory, he scored a corker to beat Liverpool a few years back so I've had a soft spot for him since.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next