The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread is continued...again

+35
ncfc_Tooze
compelling and rich
NickisBHAFC
TopHat24/7
The Special Juan
GSC
sodhat
TopoftheChops
hornbloweroafc
Hulking_up
westisbest
Dr Gregory House MD
owen10ozzy
Marky
whocares
x12x
LastDamnation
Fernando
BamBam
Kay Fabe
Soldier_Of_Fortune
CFCNick
jbeadlesbigrighthand
SirJohnnyEnglish
Bull
Ent
Afro
Hero
The Terror of Tylorstown
Crimey
Sam
Dolphin Ziggler
Good Golly I'm Olly
Duty281
Liam
39 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread is continued...again - Page 2 Empty 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread is continued...again

Post by Crimey Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Four days left of the transfer window and still Arsenal, Manchester United and Newcastle still aren't moving quickly. The Bale deal still hasn't gone through, there is still speculation that Real Madrid may go back in for Suarez and Arsenal could break the transfer record. Tottenham have also decided to sign everybody.

Available at the moment seems to be a list of the players who were the best in the world five years ago:

Kaka 
Fernando Torres
Samuel Eto'o (until yesterday)

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread is continued...again - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread is continued...again

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:26 am

The Spurs fans I know think hes good but not a world beater. How vary dare they!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread is continued...again - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread is continued...again

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:47 am

Not a lot of talk on here about United's apparent bid for De Rossi

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:00 am

Fresh off having a €30m bid rejected by Athletic Bilbao for Ander Herrera, Manchester United have also been snubbed by Roma midfielder De Rossi.

Just copied and pasted it off 101greatgoals.com. Obviously, not sure if it's reliable but I can't see him leaving Roma for Man U. If he went anywhere, it would of been to link up with Mancini and that never materialised. Chelsea & Mourinho would be a better option in my opinion but I think he'll stay put.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:05 am

United getting closer to signing Fellaini, Herrera bid rejected
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:11 am

Hang on, £25m for Herrera and people are having a go at £20m for Fellaini? Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:14 am

His release clause is about 36m euros, which is what Bilbao will demand
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:20 am

I'd pay £40m for Fellaini before I paid £25m for Herrera. That's how I'd estimate his worth.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:27 am

Herreras a good player, and would fill a void for United, but 25m is silly money
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:29 am

I actually would say, domestically Fellaini would be a better option than Herrera and it appears they will go down that route now. Moyes will only be judged domestically for the first two years, therefore buying Fellaini is probably going to be a better option, offers versatility, physical presence and knows and understands the league. I think there are better options, further down the line for Moyes to improve the side in Europe. I mean players like Reus could be available next summer.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:33 am

Reus will probably go Chelsea given the rate they're accumulating attacking players.

They're sending Atsu on loan to Vitesse.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:37 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:I'd pay £40m for Fellaini before I paid £25m for Herrera. That's how I'd estimate his worth.
Rolling Eyes 

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:52 am

Who's Herrarra? Apart from being our 915th choice transfer target this summer

I honestly don't think Ed Woodward could finish his dinner, let alone an incoming transfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:56 am

Even I would go for Herrera over Fellaini tbh Azzy.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:14 am

Phil McNulty ‏[ltr]@philmcnulty[/ltr]8s
RT: @HLNinEngeland Marouane #Fellaini has asked Roberto #Martinez to let him go to #MUFC. But he didn't put in a formal transfer request.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:15 am

Fellani is cack, I'd rather sign nobody. Out current midfielders are better than him in our current system.

God what a horrible transfer window this has been and it further illustrates the folly of so many influential people leaving at the same time. David gill would have either got one of these moves done or been subtle about it.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:17 am

Cleverley is poop. Give me Fellaini anyday
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:18 am

Laugh De Rossi. The worst "rumour" I have ever heard. I'll eat my hat if that one is true, which it isn't.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:20 am

I personally think it's a horrible fit - Fellaini at United. It's pure desperation, easy dealings going back to your old team, same with Martinez going back for Kone, Alcaraz. He's even lining up McCarthy as Fellaini's replacement. To me, this stinks of small time managers hitting the big time and there out of their depth. Struggling in the market is a sign of that, especially going from having no money to then being able to splash the cash. Fellaini to United looks a done deal to me. I think he'll offer more to united domestically, where Moyes is going to be judged and that's the important point. Expressive, technically gifted players to improve United's team will probably come next year, once moyes is settled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:20 am

Ent wrote:Fellani  is cack, I'd rather sign nobody. Out current midfielders are better than him in our current system.
That's the funniest thing I've read on this site, possibly ever. Regardless of your perception of Fellaini's abilities, there is no way that Cleverley, sick note Fletcher, old man Giggs, one good game a season Anderson or Nick Powell are anywhere near Fellaini's class.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:22 am

Whats wrong with going for Kone. Cheap striker who had a productive debut PL season.

Seems to be a preconception on this site that because Fellaini is tall, hes therefore also immobile, clumsy and technically lacking. A fallacy.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:23 am

Kaka supposedly negotiating with Milan and 2 PL sides.

Wouldnt surprise me if Citeh were 1.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:23 am

GSC wrote:Whats wrong with going for Kone. Cheap striker who had a productive debut PL season.

Seems to be a preconception on this site that because Fellaini is tall, hes therefore also immobile, clumsy and technically lacking. A fallacy.
That. 100x that.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:26 am

Even if you don't think Fellaini adds much, thats more than Cleverley who offers sod all. Verges into Joe Allen levels of pointlessness.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:30 am

GSC wrote:Kaka supposedly negotiating with Milan and 2 PL sides.

Wouldnt surprise me if Citeh were 1.
It's probably Tottenham and Chelsea, both of them are desperate for an attacking midfielder.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:31 am

Gona throw it out there randomly Laugh Kaka to sign for Southampton

Last edited by Bull on Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:32 am

United wanted him last summer, but he'd obviously struggle for playing time with Kagawa occupying all 11 spots
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:34 am

GSC wrote:United wanted him last summer, but he'd obviously struggle for playing time with Kagawa occupying all 11 spots
clap 

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:37 am

GSC wrote:United wanted him last summer, but he'd obviously struggle for playing time with Kagawa occupying all 11 spots
I don't get it..

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:51 am

I'm not stating Fellaini is useless, he's a very effective player in this league and domestically he's a far superior signing to Herrera, who is an unknown commodity and would take time to adapt, unlike Fellaini. He'll be a good domestic signing and will do a job, however United fans seem to think they should be attracting world class AM's, when in fact United have dropped down the European club powerhouse list over recent times, hence why they can't attract the top echelon of AM's to the club. I don't think Fellaini suits United's style and fluidity of play, however Fellaini is superior to Anderson, Giggs and the appalling Cleverley, so United fans should just be happy with that. The more exciting, technically gifted, European effective players should come next season, when the Moyes reign is shifted to European success, instead of this season being solely judged domestically.

Surely you agree on that?

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:54 am

Who have they dropped behind, John?

Are they still top for the UK at least or would you say Chelski and Citeh are ahead?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by jbeadlesbigrighthand Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:01 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Phil McNulty ‏
[ltr]@philmcnulty[/ltr]
8s
RT: @HLNinEngeland Marouane #Fellaini has asked Roberto #Martinez to let him go to #MUFC. But he didn't put in a formal transfer request.
This p*sses me off no end. If you want to leave the club, then put in a transfer request. The only reason they don't is that they wouldn't get their loyalty bonus.

jbeadlesbigrighthand

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:04 am

Tiago Ilori and Sakho both due in Liverpool for medicals over the next couple of days. Happy with the Ilori signing who is one of the most promising young defenders in Portugal, but can't understand the Sakho signing. He's a left-sided defender but isn't going to oust Agger who is the vice-captain, he won't play left back as Liverpool rely too heavily on full backs for width, particularly down the left, but at £13 million seems too expensive just to keep on the bench. Especially as he's moving for first team football.

Manchester United could very well be Skrtel's last game for the club then.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:06 am

Money talks nowadays and United don't appear to want to challenge other major European teams, they lack that ambition to go the 'extra mile' and get a player. City & Chelsea have bought genuine quality, potentially world class players. United have not and have stagnated. Bayern, Barcelona, Madrid, Chelsea, PSG & Manchester City, in my opinion are all ahead of United. Where do the top players want to go, this summer's activity is evidence of that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:08 am

You don't spend £25 + million on somebody because they are better than cleverly (debatable).

Being tall works both ways people are surprised at any technique and utter the 'for a big man' nonsense. It's either good or it isn't and IMO fellani s isn't.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:12 am

John wrote:Money talks nowadays and United don't appear to want to challenge other major European teams, they lack that ambition to go the 'extra mile' and get a player. City & Chelsea have bought genuine quality, potentially world class players. United have not and have stagnated. Bayern, Barcelona, Madrid, Chelsea, PSG & Manchester City, in my opinion are all ahead of United. Where do the top players want to go, this summer's activity is evidence of that.
Chelsea, Man City and PSG are not. I dont think you have any evidence of that. You have to compete for players. Bayern, Barca and Real, yes. But the others? No.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:13 am

Crimey wrote:Tiago Ilori and Sakho both due in Liverpool for medicals over the next couple of days. Happy with the Ilori signing who is one of the most promising young defenders in Portugal, but can't understand the Sakho signing. He's a left-sided defender but isn't going to oust Agger who is the vice-captain, he won't play left back as Liverpool rely too heavily on full backs for width, particularly down the left, but at £13 million seems too expensive just to keep on the bench. Especially as he's moving for first team football.

Late Agger move to Barca?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:15 am

We've never really signed marquee European players. Nothing much has changed.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:19 am

John wrote:Money talks nowadays and United don't appear to want to challenge other major European teams, they lack that ambition to go the 'extra mile' and get a player. City & Chelsea have bought genuine quality, potentially world class players. United have not and have stagnated. Bayern, Barcelona, Madrid, Chelsea, PSG & Manchester City, in my opinion are all ahead of United. Where do the top players want to go, this summer's activity is evidence of that.
May as well have Monaco in their if you're having PSG.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:22 am

I'd say RM, Barca and Bayern are by far the 3 biggest draws in Europe.

United are in the next rung down, with the other big traditional/heritage clubs, in with the Italians.

On about the same level, but a seperate group, are those that bought a seat at the table - Citeh, Chelski, PSG & Monaco.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:36 am

I'm not talking about tradition or heritage. United have slipped down the pecking order in Europe and this summer's transfer dealings state that. Why United or the owners have not backed Moyes, in making a statement signing is beyond me, or is what I'm saying the truth. World class players would rather go elsewhere. Lucas would rather go to PSG, Ozil wanted to go to Madrid and did, Hazard went to Chelsea instead of United, Thiago went to Bayern, Cesc said.....no thanks, repeatedly. That has led United to resorting to players of a lower quality at lower stature clubs like Everton/Fellaini. City have spent huge and Chelsea have bought Willian, who is a phenonmenal talent. Mourinho going to Chelsea is also a huge pull factor and Moyes is hardly a 'well known' figure around Europe, who would have an x-factor in bringing in a player when negotiating.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:38 am

I could be going mad but who did the worlds best striker choose to join last summer?

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:46 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Crimey wrote:Tiago Ilori and Sakho both due in Liverpool for medicals over the next couple of days. Happy with the Ilori signing who is one of the most promising young defenders in Portugal, but can't understand the Sakho signing. He's a left-sided defender but isn't going to oust Agger who is the vice-captain, he won't play left back as Liverpool rely too heavily on full backs for width, particularly down the left, but at £13 million seems too expensive just to keep on the bench. Especially as he's moving for first team football.

Late Agger move to Barca?
I would be very surprised, those rumours really heated up just before he was named vice-captain and since then they have been a lot quieter. Seems happy to stay at Liverpool to be honest, has YNWA tattooed on his knuckles. Can't imagine the club making a big deal over naming him vice-captain if there was any indication he was going to leave.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:52 am

The Terror of Tylorstown wrote:I could be going mad but who did the worlds best striker choose to join last summer?
Still at Barca isn't he?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:53 am

Didn't see RVP in the world XI? He's not the best striker in the world. Domestically, that's where United have the advantage and were in the know in terms of RVP's contract situation. In terms of the European market, bringing in top players from abroad and competing with the rest, is where they are suffering nowadays.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:58 am

With the exception of Veron and Van Nistelrooy the majority of the top tier players we buy are from the premier league and it's done us very well for 20 years now. We're not like City, Chelsea, Madrid, PSG or Monaco who throw money around like no tomorrow we've always had a stricter belief in a core of young british players. I don't want to support a team that buys it's way to success, i'm very happy with our strict transfer policy.

As for Van Persie there is nobody in the world who's a better out and out striker, Ronaldo and Messi don't fall into that category at all.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:03 am

None of the players you've listed are world class.

Yes if other clubs offer more money and wages than us player may not join - simple really.

We've rarely ever signed European marquee names.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:37 am

No idea why Messi doesnt count as an out and out striker nowadays but nonetheless.

Falcaos scored more goals in the last 2 years (and has a far superior goal record before that)
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:00 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23903926

Lamela's all signed and sealed now. Only Eriksen to come, and that Welsh chap to leave, and that will be an end to Tottenham's very productive summer.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:07 am

So pedantry aside we are agreeing rvp was a transfer coup?

Arguably the biggest domestic transfer in Pl history- depending on how highly you rate arsenal.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:39 am

Ent wrote:None of the players you've listed are world class.

We've rarely ever signed European marquee names.
Cesc, Willian, Hazard, Lucas Moura, Thiago, Ozil......there's potential in there to be world class. For me, only Messi, Iniesta & Ronaldo are world class but you've got to open the boundaries of `world class`, the amount of times its thrown about. United would love to have any one of those names, instead you've got Fellaini. Domestically is where United thrive and will continue to do with RVP examples because they can't compete nowadays with the big three and the financial attraction of City or PSG.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next