The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread is continued...again

+35
ncfc_Tooze
compelling and rich
NickisBHAFC
TopHat24/7
The Special Juan
GSC
sodhat
TopoftheChops
hornbloweroafc
Hulking_up
westisbest
Dr Gregory House MD
owen10ozzy
Marky
whocares
x12x
LastDamnation
Fernando
BamBam
Kay Fabe
Soldier_Of_Fortune
CFCNick
jbeadlesbigrighthand
SirJohnnyEnglish
Bull
Ent
Afro
Hero
The Terror of Tylorstown
Crimey
Sam
Dolphin Ziggler
Good Golly I'm Olly
Duty281
Liam
39 posters

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread is continued...again - Page 11 Empty 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread is continued...again

Post by Crimey Fri 30 Aug 2013, 11:13 am

First topic message reminder :

Four days left of the transfer window and still Arsenal, Manchester United and Newcastle still aren't moving quickly. The Bale deal still hasn't gone through, there is still speculation that Real Madrid may go back in for Suarez and Arsenal could break the transfer record. Tottenham have also decided to sign everybody.

Available at the moment seems to be a list of the players who were the best in the world five years ago:

Kaka 
Fernando Torres
Samuel Eto'o (until yesterday)

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread is continued...again - Page 11 Empty Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread is continued...again

Post by Crimey Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:25 pm

Didn't realise Ozil is only 24 as well!

Last edited by Crimey on Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread is continued...again - Page 11 Empty Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread is continued...again

Post by GSC Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:25 pm

Herrera is a good player, fits what United need, but if you're moaning Fellaini isnt top quality, yje same applies.

Wonder what it means for Carrick
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:26 pm

Doesn't work for me, Rooney and Kagawa spend their time tripping over each other.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:26 pm

Herrera's Wikipedia page currently reads:

Ander Herrera Agüera (born 14 August 1989) is a Spanish professional footballer who plays for Athletic Bilbao as a central midfielder.He is described as the new Shola Ameobi

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:27 pm

I'd consider

De Gea
Rafael-Rio-Vidic-Evra
Carrick
Herrera-Fellaini
Valencia-------Rooney
RVP
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:28 pm

Crimey wrote:
GSC wrote:Don't think you play Rooney and Kagawa, its either or I think.
I think you could, but not sure Moyes would want to move away from the Manchester United tradition of wide-men.

Spoiler:
swap cleverly for herrera and i think that midfield is pretty tasty. bit of everything in there and i think that system would work with the option of bringing the likes of valencia and young on if were struggling for width. under that system if would be up to the ful back to get wide, which they do anyway

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:28 pm

I just can't see Rooney being happy to play out wide, not sure how it all fits together really. It's a squad game though.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:29 pm

I just don't see Uniteds wingers as good enough

Palace make a 2m bid for Liam bridcutt, Forest also make a bid
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:30 pm

compelling and rich wrote:
Crimey wrote:
I think you could, but not sure Moyes would want to move away from the Manchester United tradition of wide-men.

Spoiler:
swap cleverly for herrera and i think that midfield is pretty tasty. bit of everything in there and i think that system would work with the option of bringing the likes of valencia and young on if were struggling for width. under that system if would be up to the ful back to get wide, which they do anyway
It's unlikely, purely because Manchester United are built on the tradition of wide players and Moyes isn't going to rock the boat by changing it now. Ferguson experimented with it last year and it wasn't really a success.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:30 pm

Crimey wrote:I just can't see Rooney being happy to play out wide, not sure how it all fits together really. It's a squad game though.
couldnt care less what he wants, he plays where we tell him or sits on the bench. he isnt as good as rvp so wont play in his postion

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:30 pm

GSC wrote:I just don't see Uniteds wingers as good enough
I agree, but I don't think putting Rooney or Kagawa out wide is the answer either.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:31 pm

Rooney can play wide, but its a case of toys out the pram.

Kagawa can't.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:32 pm

He plays wide for Japan perfectly fine.

Last edited by Bull on Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:32 pm

Crimey wrote:Herrera's Wikipedia page currently reads:

Ander Herrera Agüera (born 14 August 1989) is a Spanish professional footballer who plays for Athletic Bilbao as a central midfielder.He is described as the new Shola Ameobi
Also:
Wikipedia wrote:He has a pet cat named Roland and a tortoise named Victor
Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:32 pm

Bull wrote:He plays wide for Japan.
Not possible, he doesn't actually exist.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:33 pm

If Kagawa falls in the Forest, and nobody is around to see it, does Kagawa exist at all?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:33 pm

Crimey wrote:
Crimey wrote:

Spoiler:
It's unlikely, purely because Manchester United are built on the tradition of wide players and Moyes isn't going to rock the boat by changing it now. Ferguson experimented with it last year and it wasn't really a success.
i dont like the traditional 442, yesterday showed that any decent 3 in the middle will control a game better than 2. every time we come up against a 3 man midfield who can play abit we struggle. Europe being the prime example recently

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:34 pm

Liverpool have surely got to be getting rid of a centre back.

Currently on their books:

Agger, Sakho, Toure, Skrtel, Ilori, Coates (injured) and then Kelly and Wisdom who can play centre back. 

Surely Skrtel is going to be sold, unless Ilori goes on loan, think Wisdom is supposed to be going on loan as well.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:35 pm

I think if you play 2 CMs these days they have to both be mobile. Carrick isn't and Cleverley is just useless
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:36 pm

GSC wrote:I think if you play 2 CMs these days they have to both be mobile. Carrick isn't and Cleverley is just useless
agreed!!

its alright when were at home against sides who have shut up shop, but against the best teams it will get found out

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:36 pm

Crimey wrote:
Crimey wrote:

Spoiler:
i dont like the traditional 442, yesterday showed that any decent 3 in the middle will control a game better than 2. every time we come up against a 3 man midfield who can play abit we struggle. Europe being the prime example recently
Again I agree, but it'll be interesting to see if Moyes has the guts to change, Manchester United traditionally play 4-4-2, and Moyes played 4-4-2, or 4-4-1-1 at Everton as well.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:37 pm

Which is just someone taking the urine, as anyone can edit it.

We did it when laughing at C_S a few months back, got Vitali K's next opponent down as a bear.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:38 pm

Also I don't think Liverpool played three in the middle yesterday, Henderson and Coutinho were both out wide, Aspas and Sturridge up front, Gerrard and Lucas in the middle. I think it's all about fluidity and movement (as GSC said) rather than arbitrarily saying three central players.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:38 pm

I think we're all aware you can edit wikipedia these days.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:38 pm

GSC wrote:If Kagawa falls in the Forest, and nobody is around to see it, does Kagawa exist at all?
I say no, he's been living in Manchester for over a year and no-one knows where he is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:39 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Which is just someone taking the urine, as anyone can edit it.
Spoiler:

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:41 pm

Sources tell me Kagawa has returned to Dortmund and gained a new level

Spoiler:
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:42 pm

Crimey wrote:Also I don't think Liverpool played three in the middle yesterday, Henderson and Coutinho were both out wide, Aspas and Sturridge up front, Gerrard and Lucas in the middle. I think it's all about fluidity and movement (as GSC said) rather than arbitrarily saying three central players.
Thought 'Pool looked very good in the first half yesterday, very impressive, I especially like Coutinho. Not sure what you'll do without Sturridge's goals though, had nothing else in your armoury (can only remember De Gea making two saves, one from a free kick and one in the 90th minute).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:48 pm

Surprised about Herrera, does seem to to me to be rather panicky as all other targets are unavailable. Ozil at £42.5m to Herrera at £30m......I'd have gone the extra £12m personally, quite a difference in ability. Depends entirely on Fellaini deal, maybe they wont go to £65m+ on both Ozil & Fellaini, therefore Herrera has been prioritised over Ozil and the reason Arsenal have finally got one over the line because no one else is competing with them. If Rooney plays out-wide, he'll be in a Chelsea shirt next season. Simple as.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:50 pm

GSC wrote:Sources tell me Kagawa has returned to Dortmund and gained a new level

Spoiler:
I don't get it.

Though A class wumming. Laugh 

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:50 pm

If Rooney plays, it won't be out wide. He'd rather sit on the bench.

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:51 pm

Crimey wrote:Also I don't think Liverpool played three in the middle yesterday, Henderson and Coutinho were both out wide, Aspas and Sturridge up front, Gerrard and Lucas in the middle. I think it's all about fluidity and movement (as GSC said) rather than arbitrarily saying three central players.
for me countinho was dropping in the "hole" and aspas was wider if anything, but there was always someone dropping in the gap. its how the system works best if they can interchange easily and not be too ridged. thats how i see rooney and kagawa fitting in that system

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:53 pm

John wrote:Surprised about Herrera, does seem to to me to be rather panicky as all other targets are unavailable. Ozil at £42.5m to Herrera at £30m......I'd have gone the extra £12m personally, quite a difference in ability. Depends entirely on Fellaini deal, maybe they wont go to £65m+ on both Ozil & Fellaini, therefore Herrera has been prioritised over Ozil and the reason Arsenal have finally got one over the line because no one else is competing with them. If Rooney plays out-wide, he'll be in a Chelsea shirt next season. Simple as.
were not going to sell him to chelsea, rather let him rot in the reserves. goes cheap but that unprofessional d!ck would soon decline if he isnt playing they would be getting a unfit shell of a player

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:54 pm

Bull wrote:
GSC wrote:Sources tell me Kagawa has returned to Dortmund and gained a new level

Spoiler:
I don't get it.

Though A class wumming. Laugh 
You don't get much do you Bull?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:56 pm

Andrea Dossena to Sunderland
Steven Ireland to Stoke

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:56 pm

It's Bull's new catch phrase.

We should all get t-shirts with it on
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:59 pm

Manchester United rumoured to be signing Wayne Rooney from Everton in a deal close to £30m. Should be good.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:59 pm

Ozil 17 assists to Herrera's 7 last season. Of course, creating for Ronaldo, Higuain & Benzema has to be taken into account but for an extra £12m, I don't understand how United have missed out on Ozil. I'm not going to keep rambling on about the prices but United should of bid for Ozil and they would of won over Arsenal. Now they are potentially getting a player who's had a disappointing year last year, has no champions league or much international experience and that could take a considerable time to adjust to the EPL and it's physical nature. Maybe they feel buying Fellaini, kind of counteracts that feeling and balances the team.

Rooney would just leave for free next summer and join Chelsea.

Last edited by John on Mon 02 Sep 2013, 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 02 Sep 2013, 3:00 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:It's Bull's new catch phrase.

I preferred 'Thats not funny'
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 02 Sep 2013, 3:00 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:It's Bull's new catch phrase.

Laugh 

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 02 Sep 2013, 3:01 pm

Spoiler:

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 02 Sep 2013, 3:02 pm

I do not remember Everton playing a 442 or 4411. It was 4231 that evolved to a defensive shape on the backfoot. 

I still dont understand why he wasnt used that formation at United. Really, their team suits it so well. Rooney off Rvp, Kagawa playing as Pienaar did, tucked in from the left so that the fullback provides the link and Kagawa can link inside, and a faster wide player on the right like Mirallas. 

The best thing of course is that no one plays a system like that really. If Kagawa starts out wide by formational view, his play isnt going to be as a winger. Rooney will drift around, if he can get an understanding between those two when they are onto a winner.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon 02 Sep 2013, 3:03 pm

Gareth Bale to Real Madrid, that came out of nowhere!

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 02 Sep 2013, 3:03 pm

Not quite right to compare Ozil and Herrera's assists. They play slightly different positions with Herrera playing further back and I reckon if you could "assists to assists" if you like, Herrera would feature much more prominantly. Herrera is a more suited to the position that United are trying to fill.

However, don't get me wrong, I also would have gone for Ozil with the money because players of his class don't become available all that often.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 02 Sep 2013, 3:05 pm

John wrote:Ozil 17 assists to Herrera's 7 last season. Of course, creating for Ronaldo, Higuain & Benzema has to be taken into account but for an extra £12m, I don't understand how United have missed out on Ozil. I'm not going to keep rambling on about the prices but United should of bid for Ozil and they would of won over Arsenal. Now they are potentially getting a player who's had a disappointing year last year, has no champions league or much international experience and that could take a considerable time to adjust to the EPL and it's physical nature. Maybe they feel buying Fellaini, kind of counteracts that feeling and balances the team.

Rooney would just leave for free next summer and join Chelsea.
i understand rooneys got two years left on his contract so thats not next summer but the one after that by which point he'll nearly be 30 and has already showed signs of declining. players who break through so early often decline earlier

agree with you on ozil, would love to see him at OT

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 02 Sep 2013, 3:05 pm

http://whatbaleearns.co.uk/

Laugh
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 02 Sep 2013, 3:06 pm

Stephane Sessegnon is off to West Brom, a bit odd of Sunderland to let go their best player, albeit one who is very inconsistent, and odd that West Brom have decided to spend money on him. Decent signing if they can get him to have a bit more consistency.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 02 Sep 2013, 3:08 pm

Thats a cracking signing, arguably their best player now.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 02 Sep 2013, 3:10 pm

God Bale looks like a knob
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Sep 2013, 3:10 pm

Yeah, I know Herrera plays a deeper playmaking role, so Fellaini will be playing further up the pitch and they intend to play Herrera sitting alongside Carrick. Not sure how this all works with Rooney.

- - - - - - - -RVP- - - - - -

WELBS- - - FELLAINI- - - VALENCIA

- - -CARRICK- - -HERRERA- - - - -

Where's rooney?

MY CHOICE WOULD OF BEEN

- - - - - - - -RVP- - - - - - -

WELBS- - - -OZIL- - - -VALENCIA (although i dont rate him)

- - -CARRICK - - -FELLAINI-- - - - -

IN THOSE POSITIONS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next