The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread gets continued another time!

+33
Afro
ncfc_Tooze
Hero
Ent
SirJohnnyEnglish
Gregers
jbeadlesbigrighthand
owen10ozzy
FIFA Diva
Kenny
Marky
Colan (niner)
TopHat24/7
BamBam
hornbloweroafc
The Terror of Tylorstown
Hulking_up
monty junior
Liam
Sam
The Special Juan
Holymiky
Soldier_Of_Fortune
GSC
Fernando
JamesLincs
CFCNick
Good Golly I'm Olly
Crimey
Bull
NickisBHAFC
Duty281
Dolphin Ziggler
37 posters

Page 1 of 22 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next

Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread gets continued another time! Empty 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread gets continued another time!

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:21 am

We are just under three weeks away from the end of the window, when it slams shut, and none of the big names from the Premier League have gone anywhere. Suarez, Rooney, Bale could all leave, but the tables have turned and at least 2 of the 3 look likely to stay where they are. 

Will business slow down as the Premier League season starts this Saturday before a late flurry as panic sets in, squads are closer to confirmation and the window closes?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread gets continued another time! Empty Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread gets continued another time!

Post by Duty281 Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:26 am

Suarez - Apparently said he's staying.
Rooney - "Injured" for United, will probably still move to Chelsea.
Bale - All gone quite, too pricey perhaps.

Probably only Rooney to go at this rate, which is rather surprising since Suarez and Bale looked dead certs to leave not too long ago.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread gets continued another time! Empty Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread gets continued another time!

Post by Guest Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:37 am

According to Alan Brazil, Rooney to Arsenal is now back on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:39 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:According to Alan Brazil, Rooney to Arsenal is now back on.
I suppose now the Suarez door appears to be shutting, Rooney is Wenger's only hope of making a marquee signing this summer. And Wenger does awfully need to make a top signing.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:42 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:According to Alan Brazil, Rooney to Arsenal is now back on.
No chance in my opinion

Paul Stretford to Wayne - Arsenal want you, United will only sell to them because there rubbish, don't win anything and aren't seen as a rival. You will be paid well but don't expect to add to your medal collection. Oh yeah, your also their backup signing because Suarez couldn't come.

Wayne - eerrrrr, get me Chelsea or i`ll just stay at United.

Stretford - Thought you'd say that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:46 am

Still don't think Rooney is going anywhere

Don't see us signing anybody and we'd only consider selling Rooney if we had his replacement already signed

If I'm wrong and he goes and we sign nobody then I expect United will struggle to make top three this season, it'd be football suicide

Last edited by gazzyD on Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:47 am

How sober was Alan at this point?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:55 am

Arsenal miss out on another signing laughing

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:35 am

German papers are reporting that Luiz Gustavo is set to reject Arsenal and remain in the budesliga with a move to VFL Wolfsburg Yahoo (Great signing for us!))

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:02 am

Bull you support Manchester United not Wolfsburg...

I'm not sure how likely the Rooney deal is, unless Manchester United have a very busy few weeks they will not sell a marquee player to a rival.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:03 am

Elaborating on an earlier post, Jake Livermore is poop
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:04 am

I think they're not good enough for Tottenham but they'll be decent signings for Hull. Still think Hull will struggle, they've signed a lot of average players.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:38 am

Tom Huddlestone is still a good player to have in the prem, has a great ping on him and can pick a class pass here and there, top signing for Hull.

However Jake Livermore is Championship standard IMO.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:44 am

Someone who can pick a class pass here and there is not really the kind of player a team that is going to struggle really needs in my view. Luxury player, doesnt work hard enough and even for his sometimes wonderful passing, Scott Parker would be 5 times the player to have in that midfield.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:45 am

Scott Parker is class, the thought of him playing Championship football next season actually annoys me!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:13 am

Seleção Brasileira ‏@BrazilStats
BREAKING - Bild confirms that Wolfsburg have signed Luiz Gustavo for €15M.

Seleção Brasileira ‏@BrazilStats
Júlio César: "Staying at #QPR will not be a problem."

Surely, surely Arsenal should be able to sign Cesar. Surely
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:01 am

Telegraph are not giving up on the transfer sagas:

Arsenal consider £49m bid for Suarez

United to go back with £40m for Fabregas

Both links are being annoying cos the Telegraph site is crud, but the basic information is what I've written

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:46 pm

Manchester United manager David Moyes has criticised his side's opening to the Premier League season, describing it as the "hardest start for 20 years".

Moyes getting the excuses in early, embarrassing. Also, Fellaini's clause has expired.

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:04 pm

Just heard the sound bite on talk sport. Really embarrassing. Fergie would have just got on with it.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:19 pm

suarez cant play league football until about october can he? arsenal will already be out the title race by then haha

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:58 pm

Bent to Fulham it seems.

Berbatov, Taarabt, Bent and Ruiz. Not really sure what Martin Jol's strategy is...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:18 pm

His target is just basically survival. I'm guessing this is the line-up off hand.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Stekelenberg- - - - -  - - - - -

Reither - - -Hughes/Amorebieta - - -Hangeland - - - - - - -Briggs?

Ruiz/Richardson - -  -Sidwell - - -Taarabt/Boeteng- -Kacaclinic/Duff

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Berbatov- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -Rodallega/Bent - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Last edited by John on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:32 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:19 pm

Not to mention Rodallega. I'd think it would be Berba off of Bent, Taarabt in the centre with Boateng, Ruiz down the right, Kacaniklic down the left.

Or something completely the opposite.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:26 am

Matteo Bonetti ‏@TheMilanGuy
Roma have accepted Southampton's €18m bid for Pablo Osvaldo. via @CorSport

Not a fan of that if true...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:30 am

Fingers crossed it doesn't get done in time for this weekend Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:31 am

Southampton playing a risky game.

Fulham planning to be the most inconsistent team in the world next year then, one match amazing, the next barely moving.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:37 am

I can picture it now:

Fulham 6-2 Man City
Norwich 5-0 Fulham
Everton 0-4 Fulham
Fulham 1-3 Palace

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:52 am

Seems like more easy points for many teams when Fulham visit. Pushovers on the road. Wonder whether Jol will pick a home team and an away team to balance their play.

If they can get Parker, I would wonder whether Jol might be tempted to play without wingers. 

Parker, Boateng, Ruiz
----Berba---Taarabt
---------Bent

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:17 am

Robbie Savage with a few pointers here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23703265

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:00 am

Oh dear Wenger. Suarez is a no-go, Rooney is staying at United, you've missed out on Grenier, Higuain & Luis Gustavo appears to be heading to Wolfsburg. You've let go over 15+ players including youth players this summer and now Sagna is injured & Arteta is out for six weeks with a thigh injury to add insult to injury. What a summer.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:02 am

Even Arsenal supporters aren't as concerned about their team's transfer dealings as you are John Laugh 

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:06 am

im not fussed at all i reckon we're sign at least 2 and up to 7 Smile 

Quite frankly their making a mountain of a molehill over the players that have left, Realistically 3 of them got game time if in injury crisis, Gervinho/Santos & Coquelin it's really not going to effect us that badly at all and with Arteta injured just highlights the need for a new CM.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:04 am

FreekShow wrote:Even Arsenal supporters aren't as concerned about their team's transfer dealings as you are John Laugh 

That just sums everything up. Arsenal fans are happy and Wenger doesn't have the drive or ambition to challenge for titles anymore. Your both happy to achieve a top 4 every year, shame but the reality of the situation and just shows how far Arsenal have fallen since the early 2000`s. No wonder no quality players don't want to join.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:05 am

Don't understand why Arsenal fans wouldn't be fussed...

Only having a squad of 14 fit first team players for the first game of the season is laughable...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:51 am

You two miss the point. Its not that Arsenal fans don't care, its the amount John refers to it is the point Freek makes I think.

West Brom moving for Nathan Dyer- (Sinclair) on loan for the season with a view to a 4m deal next summer
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:58 am

GSC wrote:You two miss the point. Its not that Arsenal fans don't care, its the amount John refers to it is the point Freek makes I think.

West Brom moving for Nathan Dyer- (Sinclair) on loan for the season with a view to a 4m deal next summer
Spot on. It does seem that John harbours something against Arsenal for some reason.

He should know by now that Liverpool are the team to laugh at and mock on this site..

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:59 am

Rightfully so, if you people are gonna ignore Spurs then Liverpool deserve the mocking...

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:01 am

*backs out of topic*
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:10 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Rightfully so, if you people are gonna ignore Spurs then Liverpool deserve the mocking...
My best mate is a Spurs fan so it's in my DNA to ignore them.

Frack San Antonio.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:14 am

It appears Willian is "Desperate" For a move to Liverpool could be wrapped up by end of next week, He's a liverpool fan apparently seems a common feature amongst Brazillians. 

Apparently Arsene is working through the night tonight talking terms with ??? and his agent trying to get it done before the noon deadline tomorrow . im expecting Flamini or Gustavo Cool

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:24 am

I hope for the sake of Arsenal fans everywhere you make a signing soon. I'm frustrated just watching you go about your transfer business from a perspective where I'm not really too fussed. God knows what it must be like having a vested interest in it Laugh

Flamini? STATEMENT SIGNING ALERT Wink 
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:27 am

I quite like Flamini admittedly he had his head turned by a Frak load of money but he's still a decent player could use him right now anyway considering our lack of DM.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:14 pm

Luis Gustavo HAS signed for Wolfsburg Laugh

Monday's papers: "Arsenal turned down by one-legged milkman" Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:20 pm

What life is to be an Arsenal fan at the minute, couldn't get the top player, now being rejected by second tier options as well Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:23 pm

Gustavo is 4th tier tbh.

1st tier: Ronaldo, Messi
2nd tier: Iniesta, Xavi, Muller
3rd tier: Higuain, Jovetic, Fernandinho, Soldado
4th tier: Schurrle, Toulalan, Gustavo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:25 pm

Great signing for us!

in other news reports stating United are set to bid for Ozil (That wont happen either ))

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:28 pm

Bull, who is 'us' this time? Some turkish team? United? Or are you also a Wolfsburg 'fan'?

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:47 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Gustavo is 4th tier tbh.

Azzy you don't half chat some proper plop. Really though.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:00 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
Azzy Mahmood wrote:Gustavo is 4th tier tbh.

Azzy you don't half chat some proper plop. Really though.
I'd love to hear this one. What's your problem with my post? Do you honestly believe that Gustavo belongs in the same category as superior players such as Soldado and Higuain? Really?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:19 pm

Ben Smith, BBC Sport
FOOTBALL
Liverpool have reached an agreement in principle to sign Ally Cissokho on loan from Valencia.

The 25-year-old left back, who has one France cap, will not be available for Liverpool's opening match of the season against Stoke on Saturday. Cissokho is expected to Merseyside in the coming days to finalise the move and Liverpool will have the option to buy the former Lyon player at the end of the season, should the deal go through.

Manager Brendan Rodgers had wanted to sign another left back, Guilherme Siqueira from Spanish club Granada, but the clubs failed to agree a fee.
Finally a decent signing by Liverpool!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 22 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next