The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread gets continued another time!

+33
Afro
ncfc_Tooze
Hero
Ent
SirJohnnyEnglish
Gregers
jbeadlesbigrighthand
owen10ozzy
FIFA Diva
Kenny
Marky
Colan (niner)
TopHat24/7
BamBam
hornbloweroafc
The Terror of Tylorstown
Hulking_up
monty junior
Liam
Sam
The Special Juan
Holymiky
Soldier_Of_Fortune
GSC
Fernando
JamesLincs
CFCNick
Good Golly I'm Olly
Crimey
Bull
NickisBHAFC
Duty281
Dolphin Ziggler
37 posters

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread gets continued another time! - Page 2 Empty 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread gets continued another time!

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 14 Aug 2013, 6:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

We are just under three weeks away from the end of the window, when it slams shut, and none of the big names from the Premier League have gone anywhere. Suarez, Rooney, Bale could all leave, but the tables have turned and at least 2 of the 3 look likely to stay where they are. 

Will business slow down as the Premier League season starts this Saturday before a late flurry as panic sets in, squads are closer to confirmation and the window closes?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread gets continued another time! - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread gets continued another time!

Post by Crimey Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:20 am

Yeah for those laughing at Liverpool being linked with Willian, here is what he had to say:

"There are conversations, and I am hoping in the next few days for an offer from a club like Liverpool," he said.

"If it is Liverpool, then they are a great club. The news came as a real shock, but I'm calm about it and hoping for the best, because I've been told they will help the players to go, if they get a good offer. I am hoping there will be something from Liverpool, because England has a league that I've dreamed of playing in.'
Even I am shocked that Liverpool still have this pull, if we can get him for £30 million and not huge wages then that would be an excellent signing I think. Not sure where he'd fit in, but it'd be a statement signing.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread gets continued another time! - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread gets continued another time!

Post by Crimey Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:21 am

Glad to see Liverpool sign Cissokho as well, I think it's good to have competition for places and Enrique was getting complacent being the only first team left back at the club, hopefully those two will push each other to do better.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:23 am

Mignolet
Johnson - Skrtel - Agger - Cissokho
Gerrard - Lucas
Sturridge - Coutinho - Willian
Suarez

Is how I'd line up. Pretty tasty side, could do with better CBs but going forward, lethal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:23 am

I'm gutted to see Scott Parker dropping down into the Championship, why has no Premier League side snapped him up, I'd have thought Parker would have been desperate to force his way back into Roy Hodgson's thinking considering he was first choice for England before his injury. He'd be an excellent signing for any teams from 6-20 in the Premier League and yet it looks like he is going to end up at QPR.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:24 am

Willian went to Russia to chase the dollar, it's not a massive surprise
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:26 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:
Mignolet
Johnson - Skrtel - Agger - Cissokho
Gerrard - Lucas
Sturridge - Coutinho - Willian
Suarez

Is how I'd line up. Pretty tasty side, could do with better CBs but going forward, lethal.
I don't like Sturridge as a winger at all, I think he's far too selfish with the ball to be somebody who can effectively work on the wing. Selfishness is less of a poor trait for a striker.

My first team would be:

Mignolet

Johnson-Skrtel-Agger-Enrique

Gerrard-Lucas

Willian-Suarez-Coutinho

Sturridge/Aspas

Still think the team looks really weak in central midfield now. I'd be quite happy with that team though, think a Willian signing would certainly be a statement. Not sure whether the board will allow the club to spend £30 million on one player though considering the issues in the past, certainly not without selling somebody first despite the fact that net spend has been very low this year.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:27 am

GSC wrote:Willian went to Russia to chase the dollar, it's not a massive surprise
No-one had to chase the dollar in Russia, they were chucking 'em about like confetti at a Wedding

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:29 am

Crimey wrote:I'm gutted to see Scott Parker dropping down into the Championship, why has no Premier League side snapped him up, I'd have thought Parker would have been desperate to force his way back into Roy Hodgson's thinking considering he was first choice for England before his injury. He'd be an excellent signing for any teams from 6-20 in the Premier League and yet it looks like he is going to end up at QPR.
World Cup season, quality midfielder, cheap, what a player he'd have been for Fulham / Stoke / Villa / Cardiff / Hull / Palace / Norwich / Everton / Swansea.

But especially for Stoke, he'd be brilliant for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:31 am

Literally anybody from 6-20 should be looking to snap him up, I wouldn't mind him at Liverpool. It's like when top players move to Russia, seeing Scott Parker move to QPR would be really disappointing.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:32 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Bull, who is 'us' this time? Some turkish team? United? Or are you also a Wolfsburg 'fan'?
I am also a Wolfsburg fan :Dhave the kit as well!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:34 am

Ill presume that means the Siquera deal is off with Cissokho coming in.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:36 am

Okay, I won't talk about Arsenal or Wenger again. I apologise. I don't have something against Arsenal, I want them to do well and I really thought this summer was the defining moment for Wenger's last attempt, before retirement, to really go for a title. That's all.

As for Willian, bloody hell. If that goes through that's an astonishing signing. It's still a big IF. He can say all he wants, like Aubamayang saying that Newcastle were a great club and he wanted to join......ended up at Dortmund. Can see a big side coming in for Willian but if Liverpool can secure the deal, then Rodgers' bacon might have just been saved. Does indeed look a tasty line up. Can Newcastle have Jose Enrique back please?

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:36 am

Bent join Fulham.

Parker is a fairly average player, let him chase the dollar
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:38 am

Im surprised Citeh haven't moved for Willian by now tbh could use a better LW then Nasri.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:40 am

Jovetic will probably cut in off the left side I'd think
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:42 am

Yeah I expect City to line up something like:

Negredo/Dzeko

Jovetic-Aguero-Silva

Toure-Fernandinho

Clichy-Natasatic-Kompany-Zabaleta

Hart

I think Nasri will struggle to force his way into the first team with Navas probably being ahead of him as well.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:44 am

Aguero

Jovetic-Silva-Navas

Fernandinho-Toure

Clichy-Nastasic-Kompany-Zabaleta

Hart

For me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:48 am

Still interested to know where Liverpool has found this 30m from considering most their signing have been relatively cheap so far this summer.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:50 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:
Aguero

Jovetic-Silva-Navas

Fernandinho-Toure

Clichy-Nastasic-Kompany-Zabaleta

Hart

For me.
Still think that line up struggles for goals, Silva doesn't score, Navas doesn't score, Jovetic is like 35 goals in well over 100+ apps......alot of pressure on Aguero or Dzeko. Centrally Fernandinho & Yaya will alternate holding duty but neither one of them is prolific. Am I talking nonsense? Also, one injury to Kompany and it's good night title challenge.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:55 am

http://twitpic.com/d8m2pp

Appears Elmander is coming to the Nodge
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:56 am

I see it entirely differently John.

- Aguero is a 30 goal scorer if he stays fit and plays every game
- Jovetic is good for 12-15
- Silva is due a better season and can chip in 8-10
- Navas had a strange season last season but in a counter attacking side can also chip in 6-10
- Toure is good for 8-10
- Fernandinho will get a couple
- the back four can chip in with another 6-10

So I count 70-85 goals from the first XI, plus the likes of Negredo, Nasri, Dzeko, Milner off the bench = 85-100 goals for me. And that could win them the title.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:57 am

Bad signing, that's a let down after what's come before in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:58 am

I'd concur, Elmander is a stroppy get who won't like being backup to RVW and Hooper.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:59 am

Meh I don't mind it, not every signing is gonna be an amazing young player. He brings some experience of the PL to the forwards, and offers a different option off the bench. Cheap as well.

Not sure where Azzy has got this sweeping generalisation he's a stroppy git from...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:01 pm

Aye I'm with Azzy and John there
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:16 pm

Looks like it may be a fan/parody account I might have jumped the gun a bit...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:22 pm

Olly:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/07/01/2555900/ex-bolton-striker-johan-elmander-criticises-former-boss-owen

I seem to recall Bolton fans moaning about Elmander when he went 9 MONTHS without scoring; saying he had a bad attitude, put on weight, and was fleecing the club.

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:27 pm

I think that Negredo will play some more games than suggested, I think there will be nearly an even split in terms of games played for the strikers.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:30 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Olly:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/07/01/2555900/ex-bolton-striker-johan-elmander-criticises-former-boss-owen

I seem to recall Bolton fans moaning about Elmander when he went 9 MONTHS without scoring; saying he had a bad attitude, put on weight, and was fleecing the club.
So after he left the club he had a go at the manager for playing him out of position? Surely if he was such a stroppy git he'd have refused to play no?

Bolton fans I've seen on twitter seemed to like him...

I'd rather have him coming off the bench than Becchio. If it happens (and that account is real)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:33 pm

That's what worries me for them. Negredo will play alot of games because of the Navas link and that will upset the rhythm of Dzeko or Aguero having to deal with rotation. Had the discussion with Azzy, I just feel that there's too much creativity and not that out and out goal-scoring threat from midfield. Jovetic barely got over 10-12 a season in Serie A, new to the league and is predictable cutting in on his right foot, Silva is not a goal scorer and Navas barely scores 5 league goals a season at Sevilla. Just my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:36 pm

Bolton fans like him because of his last season there. His first two seasons were dreadful, and they were begging clubs to take him off them. He came good, but his attitude was very poor. I've several Bolton fans as friends from uni days, and my FB timeline was filled with expletives about the guy.

I cannot wait for this season to start. I've not been this excited about PL football since that glorious summer where Spurs signed Klinsmann.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:39 pm

I just can't see them leaving Negredo and Dzeko out next year for the majority of games, which makes me think Aguero will play deeper allowing him to influence the play more as a second striker. Also think it depends on who they're playing, I'd have thought the likes of Navas and Milner will get more time against the stronger sides as Pellegrini will want a more disciplined side capable of attacking with pace on the break where as against weaker sides they can afford to play with a lot more attacking players.

I think City will be fine for goals, if Aguero can hit form this year then he can push 30 league goals for sure. Dzeko is always good for quite a few goals as well, he was scoring them even when not regularly starting games and think that he'll play more this year so might actually push 20 league goals. I'm not sure where Negredo fits in for me, Aguero and Jovetic can both play deeper but Negredo is too similar to Dzeko for me without being proven. Think he may have harmed his chances for the World Cup moving to City, unlike Soldado who should be on for scoring quite a few goals as the main forward at Spurs.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 16 Aug 2013, 2:27 pm

City will manage their players with more rotation up front than any other side. Aguero is still the top quality man, but I think Pellegrini will shuffle his pack accordingly.

Allardyce reportedly spotted with Defoe last night. No idea why, I stand by the point he may as well be a sub at Spurs if he is gonna be a sub with us. Love him at the club again, never booed him myself, but it is a risk for him. We will play less games than Spurs, he needs to be hoping Carroll has another bad year for injuries. Whether or not that is likely to happen, it seems odd to move on the hope the guy ahead of you gets injured.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 16 Aug 2013, 2:32 pm

Falcao has been transfer listed by Monaco

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 16 Aug 2013, 2:36 pm

MARCA repor that Jorge Mendes has reintroduced his prize asset Rademel Falcao back into the transfer market, just weeks after he signed for the Principality club, and all the big players – Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester United have been sounded out by the super agent.

It appears too much is being spent on huge tax-free salaries, and that Monaco are essentially haemorrhaging cash that even their Russian magnate Rybolovlev can’t afford.

By creating a fiscal paradise, Monaco were always going to run this risk, but no one expected for it to come crashing down so soon, before the season even started.

There’s also the issue of moving a player twice in one window, but in the case of Falcao, owned by a Third Party group, transparency is not exactly top of the agenda…

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 16 Aug 2013, 2:39 pm

That was my wonder, the rule of playing so many places in a year. Cos its not done by season is it, its done by year? Let alone moves in a window too...

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Aug 2013, 2:40 pm

Technically the season has begun, but hey ho Whistle

I hope the club go bust tbh. FIFA and UEFA really need to stop this sugar daddy approach to football. Maybe if they introduced financial incentives to clubs who met financial rules?

Say, the next TV deal for the Premier League, only 75% of it is distributed at the outset - the other 25% is linked to the clubs' financial performance, such as capping wages at 60% of income, average price of season ticket increases over a 3-5 year period, or other things such as % of games played by English players. In doing so, clubs that are well-run would get the rewards.

And any money left over could be distributed to lower league clubs, helping to close the gap.

Falcao to City, Dzeko to Arsenal?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 16 Aug 2013, 2:43 pm

Oh dear, bye bye Monaco. My heart bleeds for them Laugh
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 16 Aug 2013, 2:44 pm

Well, the Premier League punish sides. On a basic level, you can increase your wage spend by £4m a year and then more down to what sponsorship deals etc. Thats why West Ham now need to sell before we get anyone in, its not the fees, its the wage bill. If we over spend our £52m a year, we get points deducted. Next year that will increase by £4m.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 16 Aug 2013, 2:49 pm

Fernando wrote:Falcao has been transfer listed by Monaco
If true (it's Marca after all) then 'ere we go again.

Moyes could get shot of Rooney to Chelsea, and have Falcao as the replacement.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Aug 2013, 2:50 pm

Unbelievable story. Falcao available would automatically put Florentino Perez on alert, absolutely loves him and would be the ideal striker for Madrid, after the exit of Higuain. Bale is not going anywhere, fee is ridiculous, therefore Falcao would be the next option.

What were Monaco thinking? Another example of an embarrassing, clueless, impatient foreign ownership of a football club.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 16 Aug 2013, 2:52 pm

Love the thought of Arsenal throwing in a panic bid, only to find late in the window that he cannot play for them.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri 16 Aug 2013, 2:53 pm

Duty281 wrote:

Or Chelsea get Falcao and Rooney stays at United Wink.

Wasn't there talk a couple of weeks ago that Falcao is actually 29 instead of 27 or did I dream that up? - If so did that get resolved?

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 16 Aug 2013, 2:53 pm

TBF to Monaco they would of been fine but the FFA have forced them to move their headquarters into France which invokes a 75% tax clause on wages.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Aug 2013, 2:59 pm

Does this mean a premature end to the Falcao vs Cavani goal-scoring duel? Crying or Very sad 

What a mess Monaco have created. Madrid would be favourites for his signature, if he was allowed to move and eligible to play this season.

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Fri 16 Aug 2013, 3:25 pm

Amidst the Monaco meltdown thought I'd offer my two pence worth on the Cissokho deal.

*** Transfer Shock ***
Frenchman moves to Premier League and DOESN'T join Newcastle

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 16 Aug 2013, 3:26 pm

Sam wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Wasn't there talk a couple of weeks ago that Falcao is actually 29 instead of 27 or did I dream that up? - If so did that get resolved?
He's still listed as 27 on wikipedia, but no, you didn't dream it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2374884/Falcao-documents-Colombia-suggest-Monacos-53million-striker-29-27.html

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Aug 2013, 3:29 pm

CFCNick wrote:Amidst the Monaco meltdown thought I'd offer my two pence worth on the Cissokho deal.

*** Transfer Shock ***
Frenchman moves to Premier League and DOESN'T join Newcastle
Strange aswell, seeing as we need a left back because Santon can't defend and is actually right-footed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri 16 Aug 2013, 3:31 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Sam wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2374884/Falcao-documents-Colombia-suggest-Monacos-53million-striker-29-27.html
Has this situation been cleared up? Not sure people would like to buy a player they don't know the correct age of. What are the transfer laws around moving to another club in the same transfer window? Where looks like a likely destination?

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 16 Aug 2013, 3:46 pm

Sam wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Sam wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Has this situation been cleared up? Not sure people would like to buy a player they don't know the correct age of. What are the transfer laws around moving to another club in the same transfer window? Where looks like a likely destination?
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/224943.html

His birth certificate appears to confirm that he's 27, not 29. Monaco were probably relieved to say the least!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next