The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread gets continued another time!

+33
Afro
ncfc_Tooze
Hero
Ent
SirJohnnyEnglish
Gregers
jbeadlesbigrighthand
owen10ozzy
FIFA Diva
Kenny
Marky
Colan (niner)
TopHat24/7
BamBam
hornbloweroafc
The Terror of Tylorstown
Hulking_up
monty junior
Liam
Sam
The Special Juan
Holymiky
Soldier_Of_Fortune
GSC
Fernando
JamesLincs
CFCNick
Good Golly I'm Olly
Crimey
Bull
NickisBHAFC
Duty281
Dolphin Ziggler
37 posters

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread gets continued another time! - Page 3 Empty 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread gets continued another time!

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 14 Aug 2013, 1:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

We are just under three weeks away from the end of the window, when it slams shut, and none of the big names from the Premier League have gone anywhere. Suarez, Rooney, Bale could all leave, but the tables have turned and at least 2 of the 3 look likely to stay where they are. 

Will business slow down as the Premier League season starts this Saturday before a late flurry as panic sets in, squads are closer to confirmation and the window closes?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread gets continued another time! - Page 3 Empty Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread gets continued another time!

Post by Crimey Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:41 am

I thought the rule wasn't that you couldn't move twice in one window, Didi Hamann did that when he moved to Manchester City to Liverpool but moved to Bolton first, but it was to do with playing for more than two clubs in one season. He's only played competitively for Monaco this year so should be fine to play for other teams.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread gets continued another time! - Page 3 Empty Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread gets continued another time!

Post by Guest Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:56 am

I think you can't play for three teams in a season, so he's played for Monaco already in this season, so theoretically could move again.

Of course if it's moving three times in a calendar year, he's screwed.

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:03 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:I think you can't play for three teams in a season, so he's played for Monaco already in this season, so theoretically could move again.

Of course if it's moving three times in a calendar year, he's screwed.
No he's not. He was in Madrid for two years.

The rule is clubs not transfers anyway. The rule being you can only be registered to 2 clubs in one season. We had this when we signed Lukaku. He played in 2 games for Anderlecht before we signed him and then played a few games for us in the Prem/League Cup and then in the January window he wanted to go to on loan to Stoke but wasn't allowed to play for anyone but us until the next season when he went to West Brom.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:42 pm

I thought it was 3 clubs in a year, rather than a season.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 17 Aug 2013, 8:08 pm

Arséne Wenger— "People say buy players, buy players, buy players. But tell me who. Then it becomes much more problematic"

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread gets continued another time! - Page 3 Z
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sun 18 Aug 2013, 8:55 am

Anyone see Dan Walker's tweet about 4 trusted sources saying deal for Ronaldo back to Utd are very close?

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 18 Aug 2013, 9:33 am

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 1m
Cristiano Ronaldo, as it has been said here for months, is staying at Real Madrid this season
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 18 Aug 2013, 10:03 am

GSC wrote:Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 1m
Cristiano Ronaldo, as it has been said here for months, is staying at Real Madrid this season
Balague's a boobie, I wouldn't trust him.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 18 Aug 2013, 12:04 pm

Adebayor going to Everton.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 18 Aug 2013, 2:41 pm

In a striker move thats actually real, Southampton sign Osvaldo from Roma for 15m.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Aug 2013, 2:41 pm

Pablo Osvaldo signs for Southampton for £15m. Poor Jay Rodriguez!

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 18 Aug 2013, 2:42 pm

#slowerthanBull
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Sun 18 Aug 2013, 2:43 pm

Wow, he's a pretty good signing, bit of a bad attitude but good player.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 18 Aug 2013, 2:46 pm

Yeah 27 league goals in 55 league games is excellent in the Italian league. Massive coup for Southampton who needed a new forward.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 18 Aug 2013, 2:47 pm

Southampton doing some serious spending this summer. Imagine he'll play off one of the wings
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 18 Aug 2013, 2:48 pm

Building a rather continental style outfit Southampton
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Aug 2013, 3:08 pm

Wanyama, Lovren, Osvaldo. Last summer Ramirez. Some amazing talent making its way to the south coast. I have no idea why either, besides money Headscratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 18 Aug 2013, 3:11 pm

The opportunity to present yourself in England in an environment not as difficult as Manchester United or Chelsea etc. I'm not sure what Osvaldo gets from it to be honest because Roma is obviously a much better club to be at.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 18 Aug 2013, 3:27 pm

Osvaldo has played under Pocchetino before at Espanyol, so you would think that was a major factor
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Aug 2013, 3:56 pm

Proper Johning!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gSFEaI4HdA

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Sun 18 Aug 2013, 10:03 pm

When i heard Liverpool were in for Willian i instantly thought Spurs will also be after him because they seem to follow Liverpool around like a bad smell and low and behold i read just now that Spurs are willing to top any bid Liverpool make.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 4:14 am

Olly wrote:Osvaldo has played under Pocchetino before at Espanyol, so you would think that was a major factor
I wouldn't go and work at Burger King just because my old boss from 6 years ago was a manager there. I'd rather stay where I am, a more prestigious organisation, one that treats me better, and one where the expectation is lower and I can enjoy myself more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 19 Aug 2013, 4:32 am

"Everton have flatly rejected a £28m joint bid from Manchester United for Belgium midfielder Marouane Fellaini and England defender Leighton Baines.
The Premier League champions offered £16m for Fellaini, whose £23.5m contract release clause expired at the end of July."

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 4:37 am

It is a disgrace. Never mind Everton not selling to United, this should call for all clubs in the UK to stop selling to United. What an offensive, disgusting, derisory 'offer'. Moyes and his team should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

Plus, what does it say to Baines and Fellaini, that that's all they're worth? picard

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 19 Aug 2013, 5:05 am

"Disgrace" Laugh 

It's just an offer this is how negotiation works..

If we get them we get them if not, then we dont.

im not really bothered.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Mon 19 Aug 2013, 5:16 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:It is a disgrace. Never mind Everton not selling to United, this should call for all clubs in the UK to stop selling to United. What an offensive, disgusting, derisory 'offer'. Moyes and his team should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

Plus, what does it say to Baines and Fellaini, that that's all they're worth? picard
That not a bit of an over reaction?

They bid however much they wish and to be honest 28mil isn't too far off what I think they're worth.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 5:19 am

So what would United fans think if Real Madrid made a £12.5m bid for Robin van Persie? Or if Arsenal came in with a £15m offer for Rooney? Because that is the exact equivalent.

There will be no negotiation on Everton's part. They rejected £12m for Baines before, and wanted more than Fellaini's release clause to sell. What's to negotiate? United aren't within £20m of the minimum bid required to trigger negotiation, so Everton will happily sit back and let United embarrass themselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 5:19 am

Sorry we never went in at £100 million to try and negotiate down to a lower offer

Jesus Christ some people are moronic when it comes to criticism of United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 5:25 am

And some people are moronic when it comes to loyalty to United. If United want those two players, they know they have to go in with a MUCH bigger offer.

What they've done over the course of this transfer window is:

1. Steal Everton's manager
2. Unsettle Baines with a cheap, derisory bid
3. Put Everton's backs up with that bid
4. Show Fellaini he's about 8th-choice for their vacant CM position
5. Show both Baines and Fellaini how little their suitors value them

If I'm Baines and Fellaini, I'm furious right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 19 Aug 2013, 5:26 am

What would i think...
iwould not care lol as it wont be accepted anyway

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Mon 19 Aug 2013, 5:28 am

Why would a club like United want to unsettle Everton players? It's not like they'll be challenging each other for league position.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 19 Aug 2013, 5:31 am

Because they want Baines and Fellaini to force through cut price moved
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 5:33 am

Which won't happen, as everyone knows, so all that United have achieved is letting those players know that they don't value them as highly as their current employers. Great strategy that. Not.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 19 Aug 2013, 5:37 am

So Moyes moves onto plan K, trying to lure Rivaldo
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 5:43 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:And some people are moronic when it comes to loyalty to United. If United want those two players, they know they have to go in with a MUCH bigger offer.

What they've done over the course of this transfer window is:

1. Steal Everton's manager
2. Unsettle Baines with a cheap, derisory bid
3. Put Everton's backs up with that bid
4. Show Fellaini he's about 8th-choice for their vacant CM position
5. Show both Baines and Fellaini how little their suitors value them

If I'm Baines and Fellaini, I'm furious right now.
We haven't stolen anybody, his contract was up
While I agree the bid is a tad insulting I don't tghink his true market value is much more (maybe 15 million)
Hate to say it but tough, if Everton are offended who cares, its a business as well as a sport, everton have rejected the offer, which they'll likely do the next 'insulting' offer
While may be true ask Fellaini where he'd rather be. United or Everton
Disagree, the fact theres interest shows we value them regardless of money offered, its all about how determined Everton are to keep hold of both players now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 5:53 am

GSC wrote:So Moyes moves onto plan K, trying to lure Rivaldo
And when that fails, they might eventually snaffle Rickie Lambert's cousin from Havant and Waterlooville, after 6 weeks of offering less than the 50p he's worth.

United are supposed to be the richest club in the country, they pay exhorbitant fees left, right and centre. The fact that they're trying to hardball Everton tells me their money problems might actually be true!

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 19 Aug 2013, 5:55 am

I hear a bid is going in for Neymar next week.

With Gotze as a back up option
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 5:56 am

gazzyD wrote:
We haven't stolen anybody, his contract was up
While I agree the bid is a tad insulting I don't tghink his true market value is much more (maybe 15 million)
Hate to say it but tough, if Everton are offended who cares, its a business as well as a sport, everton have rejected the offer, which they'll likely do the next 'insulting' offer
While may be true ask Fellaini where he'd rather be. United or Everton
Disagree, the fact theres interest shows we value them regardless of money offered, its all about how determined Everton are to keep hold of both players now
See I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. For me:

- Moyes was their manager, and would still be their manager if not for United. That they didn't 'steal' him doesn't mean they didn't lose the manager they wanted to keep.
- If Baines is only worth £15m, then Rooney is only worth £20-£22.5m.
- It's a poor way of doing business to upset your partners. It'll cost United more than they would have paid had they gone in with a fair offer.
- I'll give you that Fellaini would rather play for United Laugh
- United didn't want Fellaini when he had his release clause, so he was clearly not first choice. When it comes to top talent - see Rooney, Wayne for an example - they top players want to be first choice. He's clearly not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 6:02 am

Bull wrote:"Disgrace" Laugh 

It's just an offer this is how negotiation works..

If we get them we get them if not, then we dont.

im not really bothered.
We? Headscratch 

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 19 Aug 2013, 6:05 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:
Olly wrote:Osvaldo has played under Pocchetino before at Espanyol, so you would think that was a major factor
I wouldn't go and work at Burger King just because my old boss from 6 years ago was a manager there. I'd rather stay where I am, a more prestigious organisation, one that treats me better, and one where the expectation is lower and I can enjoy myself more.
That makes literally no sense Erm 
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 6:05 am

We may make the most money per annum but due to our debt we're nowhere near the richest club

Don't get me wrong, if the shoe were on the other foot and I was an Everton fan I'd be outraged but I just think that other people are letting their hatred of United cloud their judgement. Yes its a low offer but we'll go in with another thatll likely be rejected and then maybe third time they'll reach an agreement

Although I think Everton and United will never reach an agreement on Baines. Fellaini will end up at United though

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 6:13 am

From an England perspective, fingers crossed that Baines' moves to United.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 6:18 am

Olly wrote:
Azzy Mahmood wrote:
It makes perfect sense. Playing for a manager you've worked with before would only be a minor, minor factor in the decision.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 19 Aug 2013, 6:19 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:
Olly wrote:
Azzy Mahmood wrote:
It makes perfect sense. Playing for a manager you've worked with before would only be a minor, minor factor in the decision.
Tell that to Kevin Nolan...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 6:20 am

I will next time I see him Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 19 Aug 2013, 6:22 am

Depends if Burger King were willing to double your wages
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 6:28 am

Lazy dealings from Moyes in my opinion and although it's 'early negotiations', as people have said, that offer was just embarrassing/insulting really from United. I'm sure United will get one of the two, although waiting for Luke Shaw next summer (better long term option) would be my choice because Evra seems revitalised with the news of Baines possibly incoming and he looks like he's got one more year at a good standard left in him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 6:30 am

On the subject of Luke Shaw, I was very disappointed to see him dive against the Albion at the weekend. Result aside, the lad is odds-on to be England's LB for years to come, and to see him go down like Bale/Suarez was really saddening. I hope Pochettino hasn't asked his players to become ont of those teams.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 7:19 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23755864

Falcao says he's staying.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 7:22 am

When a footballer calls his side a 'project', you know he's there for the money.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next