The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread

+35
SirJohnnyEnglish
liverbnz
cherriesfna
sportform
Colan (niner)
JDizzle
westisbest
Lowlandbrit
DP
Duty281
Gregers
kingraf
Hulking_up
NickisBHAFC
ncfc_Tooze
Holymiky
GSC
Bull
Kenny
VDT
Geordie
hampo17
nasisillmatic
Ent
Fernando
Good Golly I'm Olly
Hero
Crimey
Mat
monty junior
Kay Fabe
The Special Juan
Nakatomi Plaza
Dolphin Ziggler
Dr Gregory House MD
39 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread - Page 2 Empty 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 27 May 2013, 1:46 am

First topic message reminder :

Now that the season has drawn to a close, I thought I'd put up a thread to discuss possible transfer business.

Rumours, Predictions, Hopes and Actualities all welcome here

thumbsup

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Post by Ent Tue 28 May 2013, 10:33 pm

I wouldn't believe a thing that comes out of ballagues mouth - the man talks absolute nonsense.

As for strootman ill believe it when I see it this is the 3rd year we are meant to be signing him.

I doubt wed get fabregas but of barca are looking to unload and he wants first team football I'd say its feasible.

Ent

Back to top Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Post by Crimey Wed 29 May 2013, 2:26 pm

Gareth Bale's agent as said they will listen to Real Madrid if they had an offer accepted.

While this is obviously just the agent drilling up interest in his client, it is interesting to see that the noises from Bale/agent are much different to those from Tottenham's "people" who are saying Bale wants to stay.

I'd have thought if Tottenham do sell, they'd prefer to sell him to Madrid than United or City who I'd have thought would be interested if any offers are accepted.

I also think the Neymar move to Barcelona might push Madrid into action so that they will go for Bale, he'd also be a big move for Ancelotti when he inevitably arrives.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 May 2013, 3:15 pm

I like the moves Real Madrid are making behind the scenes in restructuring the club and it's future. Perez - Zidane - Ancelotti is the hierarchy they are trying to create and hopefully this will lead them to a much more settled club, without this ridiculous bickering and back-stabbing, that was evident throughout the Mourinho period. Apparently, Real offered a deal to Neymar, which in turn made Barcelona pay an incredible amount, more than they first wanted and that's why there is confusion regarding the actual fee Barcelona have paid. Barcelona will want to sell players this summer to balance their finances and there's no surprise that Thiago, Valdes, Villa & even Fabregas are are reportedly on their way out. I must say hearing AVB wanting to pay in excess of £10m for David Villa is worrying. He's not the same player he was and I'm sure there are better options out there. If a Bale deal is concluded then Villa will probably be heading to White Hart lane.

I think the Neymar move is incredibly desperate on behalf of Barcelona. I think having Bale & Ronaldo and even possibly a new striker to replace Higuain would send a message of defiance towards Barcelona and put immense pressure on Vilanova and Neymar, who is unproven unlike Bale, to perform at this level.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 29 May 2013, 3:29 pm

hampo171 wrote:
Crimey wrote:Liverpool seem likely to sign Kolo Toure on a free transfer and another centre back coming in for around £10 million.

If Suarez is sold, a new forward or possibly two will presumably be signed. Wouldn't be surprised to see one more forward being signed regardless. Maybe another winger, and possibly a left back/keeper depending on a lot of factors.

I don't think it should be a busy summer, the side needs a bit of consistency rather than messing around with a lot of new signings.

Lots of talk about us being in for Erikson from Ajax, would be a good signing if we can get him. Would add some much needed creativity in the final third.

Neymar to Barcelona is a big move, not sure how it will work though as he loves to play through the middle and Messi owns that position.

It looks like Erikson is on his way to Borussia Dortmund for 10 million
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 29 May 2013, 3:31 pm

Hull City have apparantly offered Leicester City £1.5million + Cameron Stewart for Kasper Schmeichel (spelling)
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 29 May 2013, 3:42 pm

Yeah Eriksen will presumably be their replacement for Gotze, can't really compete with Dortmund. They're a very attractive side to sign for.

I know Hull are in the Premier League for now, but that would be a fairly sideways move for Schmeichel. He needs to stay put at one side for a bit now as he's jumped around between sides a bit too much recently. Perform well at Leicester and a bigger club than Hull might come calling.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 29 May 2013, 3:51 pm

Crimey wrote:Yeah Eriksen will presumably be their replacement for Gotze, can't really compete with Dortmund. They're a very attractive side to sign for.

I know Hull are in the Premier League for now, but that would be a fairly sideways move for Schmeichel. He needs to stay put at one side for a bit now as he's jumped around between sides a bit too much recently. Perform well at Leicester and a bigger club than Hull might come calling.

From what i have heard Steve Bruce has spoken with Peter Schmeichel who is keen on his son playing in the Premier league asap ( i would presume then there would be some sort of relegation clause in any contract ) , it will come down to money and how much Hull are going to spend as i also heard they have been offered Shay Given for 1 million but his wages are £60,000 a week apparantly .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 29 May 2013, 4:07 pm

I just think he'd be better off staying at Leicester another year than moving to Hull who could easily drop down immediately again.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sunderland try and sign him if they sell Mignolet as expected.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 29 May 2013, 4:08 pm

I worry about Dortmund. Sad
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 May 2013, 4:14 pm

Eriksen has disappointed me everytime I've seen him play, either for Ajax vs Man Utd in the Europa League or on numerous occasions for Denmark. I don't think Liverpool need more creativity it's a natural finisher. If Bent is going for £4m as reports state then I would go there, yes he's beginning to age but he can finish.

Dortmund will probably look like this (hardly the end of an era)
- - - - - - - - -DZEKO - - - - - - -

ERIKSEN - - REUS - BLASZCZYKOWSKI

- - - -GUNDOGAN- -BENDER - - - - - -

Hull will probably go straight back down and then Kasper is back to square one, unless in that season he really impressed, although it's difficult to impress if you've got a leaky defense. If Leicester can get O'Neill and some momentum then he should stay where he is because Leicester are a bigger club with more resources.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 29 May 2013, 5:41 pm

Eriksen plays better in Centre so probs swap him and Reus round.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 29 May 2013, 6:06 pm

Liverpool are set to sign Iago Aspas for 9m euros. Smart signing
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 29 May 2013, 6:09 pm

Apparently it could be as low as 7m euros because they have been relegated. Decent signing, hopefully will be better than Borini. Can only see him as back up unless he has a huge upturn in form or we sell Suarez.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 29 May 2013, 6:10 pm

I think he could earn a starting spot coming from wide.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 29 May 2013, 6:16 pm

GSC wrote:I think he could earn a starting spot coming from wide.

I haven't seen him play, but I'm not usually a fan of starting natural forwards on the wing as they tend to not run back when they should and make the team too narrow not giving an out ball.

I can't see Downing retaining his starting spot though to be fair next year, I assume Rodgers will be in the market for a winger.

---------Sturridge-------

----------Suarez---------

Coutinho----------New winger

-------Lucas-----Gerrard-------

Enrique-Agger-Papadopoulos-Johnson

-----------Reina/new keeper---------

That's what I'd expect the line up to look like starting next year.

The bench being:

Jones
Toure
Kelly
Henderson
Shelvey
Borini
Aspas

Downing, Skrtel, Coates will likely be sold I reckon.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 29 May 2013, 6:41 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to see Negredo end up in the PL this season, especially as Moyes has been linked to him in the past and now has some money to spend.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 29 May 2013, 7:13 pm

Crimey wrote:
GSC wrote:I think he could earn a starting spot coming from wide.

I haven't seen him play, but I'm not usually a fan of starting natural forwards on the wing as they tend to not run back when they should and make the team too narrow not giving an out ball.

I can't see Downing retaining his starting spot though to be fair next year, I assume Rodgers will be in the market for a winger.

---------Sturridge-------

----------Suarez---------

Coutinho----------New winger

-------Lucas-----Gerrard-------

Enrique-Agger-Papadopoulos-Johnson

-----------Reina/new keeper---------

That's what I'd expect the line up to look like starting next year.

The bench being:

Jones
Toure
Kelly
Henderson
Shelvey
Borini
Aspas

Downing, Skrtel, Coates will likely be sold I reckon.

No place for the young lad who played the last game of the season Ibe ?

Skysports have just shown a ' highlight 'clip of Aspas ................................ he missed 2 out of 3 chances Laugh
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 29 May 2013, 8:02 pm

Actually, would have Sterling on the bench ahead of Aspas or Borini. Forgot about him.

Definitely no place for Ibe, that was a token game I'd have thought as we had nothing to play for. He looked extremely raw, even more raw than Sterling did in his first game. I'd certainly give him a game in one of the early rounds of the cups though.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 29 May 2013, 8:43 pm

Suarez tells Uruguayan radio he loves LFC but he cant tolerate the English press anymore and that Rodgers understands his position. Sounds fairly ominous to me...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 29 May 2013, 8:52 pm

I'm not panicking just yet, he said similar things last summer I believe talking about the Evra situation. He's not going to ask to leave, I think the position is still the same, if a team comes in with a big offer, it'd be hard to refuse.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 30 May 2013, 2:59 pm

Barry Robson is in signing talks with Aberdeen, Sheffield Utd still want him, Wolves want him too and Huddersfield and another Chmpionship club are supposed ro be interested but he wants to come back to Scotland

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Thu 30 May 2013, 9:29 pm

Story doing the rounds that Jupp Heynckes will be replacing Mourinho at Real Madrid

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jupp-heynckes-real-madrid-jupp-1922420

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Thu 30 May 2013, 9:34 pm

The BBC website reported today that a fee has been agreed between Chelsea and Bayer Leverkusen for Andre Shurrle.

Last edited by Holymiky on Thu 30 May 2013, 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 30 May 2013, 9:44 pm

Ancelotti is RMs first choice
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 30 May 2013, 10:36 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:Barry Robson is in signing talks with Aberdeen, Sheffield Utd still want him, Wolves want him too and Huddersfield and another Chmpionship club are supposed ro be interested but he wants to come back to Scotland

I remember him saying the his move to Celtic would be the last big one of his career.

Pleased to see him still kicking about and doing well though.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 31 May 2013, 12:16 am

Looks like the Willo Flood to Aberdeen rumour is gathering some momentum

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 31 May 2013, 12:17 am

Celtic look to have lost out on Bulgarian winger Aleskander Tonev...hes heading to Aston Villa for signing talks

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 31 May 2013, 12:18 am

Hull City

Another day another keeper rumour this time it's Allan McGregor, the former Rangers keeper.Turkish sources claim City have had an offer for the 31-year-old Scotland international accepted by his current club Besiktas.
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 31 May 2013, 12:46 am

Kenny wrote:Hull City

Another day another keeper rumour this time it's Allan McGregor, the former Rangers keeper.Turkish sources claim City have had an offer for the 31-year-old Scotland international accepted by his current club Besiktas.

Could be a good signing for them, always thought he was massivly underrated, if he's still performing like he was for Rangers and Scotland he should do well, that said he's a bit of a twonk

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 31 May 2013, 10:10 am

Well obviously its silly season and everyone is linked with everyone...but a couple circulating up here in Newcastle:

A strong one seems to be Anji Makhachkala of Russia are about to offer 18m for Papis Cisse...and actually id take their hand off for it.

We along with Liverpool are interested in 19yo Milan striker Bojan Krkic

And may be looking at arsenals Thomas Verlmaelen.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 10:54 am

Can't see us getting Vermaelen at all. He may get slated on here for his performances this season but he's far too good for us in my opinion, too high a wages and has been linked with Barcelona a number of times. Cisse deal....snap their hand off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 31 May 2013, 10:57 am

Thats my thoughts on Vermaelen aswell John, but you never know. I just pray we keep hold of Colo...but i wont hold my breath.

We need a few centre backs...of quality...and ship out Williamson

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 12:55 pm

Mourinho offering Torres to Napoli plus cash for Cavani seems a credible story.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 31 May 2013, 12:57 pm

Torres is surplus.

I'd be asking for closer to 40/50m if I were Napoli though
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 31 May 2013, 6:39 pm

Ah Falcao, you big waste of talent.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 31 May 2013, 6:45 pm

The Special Juan wrote:Ah Falcao, you big waste of talent.

Monaco ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 31 May 2013, 6:46 pm

Kenny wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:Ah Falcao, you big waste of talent.

Monaco ?

Confirmed Kenny: http://www.asm-fc.com/en/news/team/agreement-with-atletico-madrid-for-radamel-falcao
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 31 May 2013, 6:47 pm

I don't understand how a club with an average attendance of 5000 or something will survive these "fair play" rules. Please explain, Michel.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 31 May 2013, 6:48 pm

The Special Juan wrote:I don't understand how a club with an average attendance of 5000 or something will survive these "fair play" rules. Please explain, Michel.

Because they aren't British
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 31 May 2013, 6:53 pm

Of course Kenny, I forgot Smile

Here's an interview that includes some stuff. I'd advise reading it if you have a spare hour!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2329745/Martin-Samuel-meets-Michel-Platini--read-FULL-transcript-interview-UEFA-president.html
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Fri 31 May 2013, 9:05 pm

A deal has been agreed for Diakite from Lazio to join Sunderland on a free transfer.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 9:09 pm

You can't just blame Falcao and label him a waste of talent. This is the very problem of the power of agents and ownership. He basically was told where to go and would not surprise me to see him leave after one season and the money making exercise before he fades continues. He's a wonderful player, who let's not forget, has won two Europa leagues, Portuguese title, super cup and a Spanish cops del rey, so he`s hardly wasting his talent.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 31 May 2013, 9:25 pm

Sorry, I didn't mean he's a waste of talent, I meant he's wasting his talent in the French league. I don't blame him for taking the money in a tax free zone, but it smacks of a lack of ambition. It's a real shame.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 9:29 pm

The Special Juan wrote:Sorry, I didn't mean he's a waste of talent, I meant he's wasting his talent in the French league. I don't blame him for taking the money in a tax free zone, but it smacks of a lack of ambition. It's a real shame.

He's also entering his prime years as a player.

As long as he's happy I suppose...

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 31 May 2013, 11:18 pm

He does have a better chance of winning the league with Monaco than he does with Atletico Madrid, and it's not anywhere near as bad as Eto'o moving to Anzhi.

I can see the French league quickly improving as the money moves over there. I believe Spain have had one of their tax loopholes for the big players closed so it's less of a lure money-wise there now, France may grow.

I see it more similar to Chelsea rather than Anzhi.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 11:27 pm

Crimey wrote:

I can see the French league quickly improving as the money moves over there. I believe Spain have had one of their tax loopholes for the big players closed so it's less of a lure money-wise there now, France may grow.

It may grow but at this moment in time Falcao can't be considered anything more than a parasite.

Who cares about a French Championship?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 31 May 2013, 11:27 pm

The only thing that concerns me about Monaco is their attendance , is there a fan base to build on ? Is spending all this money going to suddenly bring fans out of the woodwork or switch allegiance from another team ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 31 May 2013, 11:30 pm

FreekShow wrote:
Crimey wrote:

It may grow but at this moment in time Falcao can't be considered anything more than a parasite.

I didn't see the same kind of hate towards Ibrahimovic when he moved to PSG, but I'd say he's actually upgraded from AC Milan and he's become a better player and probably has a better shot at European success with PSG now. It's too soon to say the same about Monaco, but it's not a huge stretch of the imagination to believe that Falcao could see himself in the same position.

Falcao was going to be earning millions wherever.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 11:35 pm

Crimey wrote:
FreekShow wrote:
Crimey wrote:

I didn't see the same kind of hate towards Ibrahimovic when he moved to PSG, but I'd say he's actually upgraded from AC Milan and he's become a better player and probably has a better shot at European success with PSG now. It's too soon to say the same about Monaco, but it's not a huge stretch of the imagination to believe that Falcao could see himself in the same position.

Falcao was going to be earning millions wherever.

Nah I'm not buying that. A sideways step at best.

And Ibra becoming a better player after moving to France? Come on now.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 31 May 2013, 11:37 pm

I gave the same to Ibrahimovic and PSG so I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't moan about Monaco. They will implode; it's only a matter of time. Although they're not innocent of spending a bit of money, I feel sorry for the Lyons, Marseilles and Bordeauxs (and all the other clubs) in the French league. They've been properly shafted.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next