The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread.......................Continued Again

+31
Mat
Kay Fabe
liverbnz
Nakatomi Plaza
Colan (niner)
TopHat24/7
mystiroakey
nasisillmatic
James_182
monty junior
LastDamnation
JDizzle
kingraf
Hero
Fernando
Ent
Holymiky
The Special Juan
Soldier_Of_Fortune
GSC
Bull
westisbest
MIG
Dolphin Ziggler
NickisBHAFC
Liam
ncfc_Tooze
Good Golly I'm Olly
Duty281
Crimey
Kenny
35 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread.......................Continued Again  - Page 2 Empty 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread.......................Continued Again

Post by Kenny Mon 15 Jul 2013, 10:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

First topic message reminder :

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread
by Dr Gregory House MD on Mon May 27, 2013 1:46 am
Now that the season has drawn to a close, I thought I'd put up a thread to discuss possible transfer business.

Rumours, Predictions, Hopes and Actualities all welcome here
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread.......................Continued Again  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread.......................Continued Again

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 1:53 pm

If all the talk is true, he's the backup striker. He's not going to play midfield, because he doesn't want to, so that makes him a fringe player. RVP isn't going to be dropped for Rooney.

And why do United need replacements for Nani and Valencia, they already have Zaha there. You'd think United would be desperate to sell those two to raise funds for the inevitable Fellaini deal.

Back to top Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread.......................Continued Again  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread.......................Continued Again

Post by Ent Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:07 pm

He'll still play a lot, doesn't make him a fringe player.

If we sell nani and Valencia we'd only have 2 wingers (3 if you count kagawa) and one of them would be zaha who's never played in the pl.

If we sign a centre mid we could get rid of say Anderson but we are lacking on numbers.

We don't need to sell to buy fellani.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:07 pm

You do need to sell to clear some deadwood though.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:09 pm

I like Anderson, it's just a shame he's never fit and always in Greggs.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:22 pm

Sunderland have signed Giaccherini I have just read.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:32 pm

Holymiky wrote:Sunderland have signed Giaccherini I have just read.
Indeed: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11695/8826651/Transfer-news-Emanuele-Giaccherini-leaves-Juventus-for-Sunderland-on-four-year-deal

Quality signing, PDC's first of the window clap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:36 pm

Ent, I said that Ferguson would never have been left high and dry like this, looks embarrasing having lost out on both players and showing your card. You get the impression Moyes doesn't really know the direction he wants to go down and now he's onto his third target on the list, not exactly a great way to attract that player, unless there at a lower level club now. Fellaini at United would be a major come down from the excitement of hearing potential players like Bale & Ronaldo coming in. Moyes has had a poor window so far, just like Wenger, and with time running out before the season start, they are looking both rather desperate.

Can't believe the Nani & Anderson exit plans have not seen them leave as of yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:38 pm

Ferguson did get left a bit high and dry last season until he landed RVP though.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:39 pm

I still think him saying that is trying to raise the fee offered and its not even been rejected yet so who knows

as Modric i dont rate him but if he joined then so be it.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:50 pm

The Special Juan wrote:I like Anderson, it's just a shame he's never fit and always in Greggs.

He can barely play football.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:59 pm

John wrote:Ent, I said that Ferguson would never have been left high and dry like this, looks embarrasing having lost out on both players and showing your card. You get the impression Moyes doesn't really know the direction he wants to go down and now he's onto his third target on the list, not exactly a great way to attract that player, unless there at a lower level club now. Fellaini at United would be a major come down from the excitement of hearing potential players like Bale & Ronaldo coming in. Moyes has had a poor window so far, just like Wenger, and with time running out before the season start, they are looking both rather desperate.

Can't believe the Nani & Anderson exit plans have not seen them leave as of yet.

Looks like Nani is being offered a new contract mad 

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 16 Jul 2013, 3:49 pm

Millwall set to sign Richard Chaplow from Southampton - Always been a good player at this level, but probably not good enough for the Prem. Good signing for the Lions.

Wallsall sign Troy Hewitt from QPR - Was rated highly by them, but never came through, probably because of all the money they had. 

Scunthorpe sign Etienne Esajas from Swindon - All i know is he has an absolute ping on him.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 16 Jul 2013, 4:22 pm

gazzyD wrote:
John wrote:Ent, I said that Ferguson would never have been left high and dry like this, looks embarrasing having lost out on both players and showing your card. You get the impression Moyes doesn't really know the direction he wants to go down and now he's onto his third target on the list, not exactly a great way to attract that player, unless there at a lower level club now. Fellaini at United would be a major come down from the excitement of hearing potential players like Bale & Ronaldo coming in. Moyes has had a poor window so far, just like Wenger, and with time running out before the season start, they are looking both rather desperate.

Looks like Nani is being offered a new contract mad 

Nani is a strange one, on his day he is unplayable and for 18 months pre injury he was on fire, scoring regularly and the top assister. Unfortunately he has been in and out of the team with form and injury since then.

He is probably at his peak transfer value too, ill be happy either way really with him staying or sold for a good fee.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 4:23 pm

Nani being on his day is as rare as my missus saying she's ready and willing Laugh

And Valencia has had one good game in three years hasn't he?

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 16 Jul 2013, 4:24 pm

How is Nani at his peak transfer value when hes been pants for a couple of years Laugh
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 16 Jul 2013, 4:26 pm

His age, won't be worth as much if we sell in a few years.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 16 Jul 2013, 4:26 pm

Surely his peak would've been when he was younger and not pants?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 16 Jul 2013, 4:28 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Nani being on his day is as rare as my missus saying she's ready and willing Laugh

I don't rate Valencia, he is reliable though.

Facts are we are left with 2 wingers (young and zaha), plus kagawa, for the wide positions if you sell both without replacing them.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 16 Jul 2013, 4:30 pm

Malouda could be set to join Trabzonspor if anyone cares lol

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 4:30 pm

I care, I hope he goes there, I did NOT want him at Albion as was rumoured a week or so ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 16 Jul 2013, 4:34 pm

GSC wrote:Surely his peak would've been when he was younger and not pants?

We weren't interested in selling him then and had no bids to encourage us.

It's feasible we would sell him now and this summer is likely to be when we will get most for him.

Either way I'm happy, if he can get fit and a run of games he can be a big asset. If we sell him we should get a decent fee.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 5:21 pm

Ent wrote:
Azzy Mahmood wrote:Nani being on his day is as rare as my missus saying she's ready and willing Laugh

I don't rate Valencia, he is reliable though.

Facts are we are left with 2 wingers (young and zaha), plus kagawa, for the wide positions if you sell both without replacing them.

I think playing Kagawa out on the left is criminal. When I've seen him behind the striker he's looked really impressive, and I think although he might not like it Rooney is more useful than Kagawa out wide

Nani, if he rediscovers his form I'm happy for him to stay, but I genuinely don't see it happening. Will be more than happy to be proven wrong though

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 16 Jul 2013, 5:31 pm

Id look at how Pienaar played as the left sided option for Everton as an indication to what Kagawa could end up doing. He was never really a winger, he just started his movement from there.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 16 Jul 2013, 5:36 pm

Kagawa was pretty poor out wide. He either plays behind RVP or he really doesnt play at all.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 16 Jul 2013, 5:39 pm

I think there is potential, as we saw at Everton for Moyes to play quite a tight three behind RVP and allowing the full backs Rafael and I imagine Baines to add the width.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 16 Jul 2013, 5:41 pm

Barca do it at the top level, but do United have a Busquets to drop in and make a 3 at the back when the FBs go forward though.

That said, to get the best out of Kagawa he has to go central I think.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 16 Jul 2013, 6:00 pm

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 1m
Sky sources: Wayne Rooney angry and confused by Manchester United's comments on his future. More on #SSN NOW

Tbf, Wayne strikes me as a man who is perpetually angry and confused
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 16 Jul 2013, 6:05 pm

He should be both angry and confused. Moyes' comments were ludicrous for a player of Rooney's ability

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 16 Jul 2013, 6:06 pm

Wayne is an idiot let him leave.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 16 Jul 2013, 6:06 pm

Pah. Manchester United should be glad to have a striker with the skill and valour of Wayne Rooney.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 16 Jul 2013, 6:08 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:He should be both angry and confused. Moyes' comments were ludicrous for a player of Rooney's ability

I agree. Wayne had a bad season, but United don't have many players of his calibre when hes on form.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 16 Jul 2013, 6:10 pm

Even his "bad" season produced 16 goals
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 16 Jul 2013, 6:10 pm

Just be on to Twitter. The amount of glory-hunters on there is eye-opening.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 16 Jul 2013, 6:14 pm

Chris can breath a sigh of relief.

Titus Bramble plays for Ip5w1ch tonight
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 16 Jul 2013, 6:22 pm

Not really sure how he had a bad season. 

Rooney is a class player, United should be very lucky to have had him for 9 years and produced countless of goals and assists. I can see why he is angry, united should be treating him with a little bit more respect. 

Hopefully he stays with United, but if not then i hope he goes to Chelsea. Don't want to see him wasted at Arsenal. He deserves trophy's.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 6:24 pm

he'l move abroad Nick. He wont move to another prem club

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 16 Jul 2013, 6:30 pm

And you know that do you? Can't say i agree with you CF.

He has said he would love to move to a London club?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 16 Jul 2013, 6:31 pm

Nobody abroad who can afford Rooney wants him.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 16 Jul 2013, 6:31 pm

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO 1m
Nottingham Forest to unveil signing of Jack Hobbs from Hull later tonight. #nffc #hcafc

Quite happy with that, good player for Hull and Leicester before that injury.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 16 Jul 2013, 6:32 pm

GSC wrote:Nobody abroad who can afford Rooney wants him.

Any Johnny Foreigner club would be lucky to have Wayne Rooney.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 16 Jul 2013, 7:00 pm

Olly wrote:Chris can breath a sigh of relief.

Titus Bramble plays for Ip5w1ch tonight

Id heard he was signing for Millwall. He'd be a good signing for all of them

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 16 Jul 2013, 7:01 pm

GSC wrote:Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO 1m
Nottingham Forest to unveil signing of Jack Hobbs from Hull later tonight. #nffc #hcafc

Quite happy with that, good player for Hull and Leicester before that injury.

Good signing, been some decent business in Nottingham

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 8:12 pm

Not surprised by the reaction to Moyes' comments. Whoever thinks Rooney is going to move abroad though is delusional. His representatives have stated his preferred location to be 'London'.

I think United would be foolish to let Rooney go. From what I've seen so far, Moyes is already having a tough time at United and the season has not even started. Transfer targets dwindling and Rooney about to leave to a rival, most likely to be Chelsea.

Who needs Kinnear's signings, we're beating Motherwell 3-2.......barely picard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 8:43 pm

Rooney appears desperate to leave United. It has to be that they're trying to line up a replacement first. But with Cavani and Falcao gone, is surely has to be one of Lewandowski, Bale or Ronaldo, right? Or maybe United can snatch Higuain?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 8:55 pm

That's the problem with United, I don't think they know who or what they want. It's strange. Thiago's gone to Bayern and then suddenly a desperate bid for Fabregas comes out of nowhere, when it was quite obvious Barcelona would not sell and they must of known Arsenal had the clause installed. The chances of Bale seem slim, especially if they are now offering Nani a new deal and Levy will push for a mega deal anyway which will put United off. Ronaldo is staying at Madrid. I think there would of been a slim chance of Ronaldo returning had Ferguson not retired, as is the pulling power the man had, especially on Cristiano. Dortmund are playing hardball with Lewandowski and don't really want to sell, however he's too similar to RVP in my opinion and only one of them could play up top. Higuain is simply not good enough for United.

Where United go from here is anybody's guess. Rooney seems destined to go to a rival which is a big blow, however which way you look at it. Fellaini or Modric or even a major desperate bid for Cabaye could be an option. Not the best of starts for Moyes but then we all knew it was not going to be an easy ride following on from Sir Alex.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 16 Jul 2013, 9:05 pm

Suarez bid? Whistle 

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 16 Jul 2013, 9:07 pm

Moyes is making a balls of things;

I called this yesterday - stupid, stupid public comments which could and would be interpreted as Rooney being RVPs support act when he is at home being influenced by agents etc.

How difficult would it be to say a fit and in form Rooney is essential to the team, tell him to get fit and concentrate on finding his form. If he does well a new contract in January.

Or sell him if a huge fee comes in with no bad feelings.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 16 Jul 2013, 9:37 pm

It's not all Moyes' fault. Remember there's a new Chief Exec too who's just as guilty as Moyes over these failed transfers and Rooney. Can't they tell him to "sit down, shut up and wait your turn"?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue 16 Jul 2013, 10:03 pm

I read a little earlier that the transfer for Cavani from Napoli to PSG has been completed apparently for £55m.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 16 Jul 2013, 10:07 pm

The Special Juan wrote:It's not all Moyes' fault.  Remember there's a new Chief Exec too who's just as guilty as Moyes over these failed transfers and Rooney.  Can't they tell him to "sit down, shut up and wait your turn"?

You can't really talk like that to employees in any field though, especially not ones who are commodoties.

Woodward was vice president or something before working under Gill, he will have a clue how to run things/negotiate transfers etc.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next