The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The HC negotiations look to be going down to the wire.....

+35
ScarletSpiderman
thebluesmancometh
neilthom7
Hound_of_Harrow
SecretFly
profitius
Ozzy3213
Exiledinborders
Artful_Dodger
whocares
The Great Aukster
Cardiff Dave
MrsP
broadlandboy
Poorfour
TJ1
AlastairW
thebandwagonsociety
Dubbelyew L Overate
Luckless Pedestrian
Effervescing Elephant
beshocked
InjuredYetAgain
Bathman_in_London
Intotouch
Toohey
Don Alfonso
doctornickolas
Portnoy's Complaint
Kingshu
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
LondonTiger
HammerofThunor
Rugby Fan
maestegmafia
39 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

The HC negotiations look to be going down to the wire..... - Page 6 Empty The HC negotiations look to be going down to the wire.....

Post by Guest Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://m.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/dec/11/english-french-clubs-heineken-cup-talks

Little or no progress appears to have been made to date despite various deals being offered to the French clubs. Which side of the demands/debate is going to come up with an offer or conceed on individual issues??

I don't particularly like the idea of an Anglo French competition but is it any nearer?

Prepare for a bland media statement tomorrow.......

Back to top Go down

The HC negotiations look to be going down to the wire..... - Page 6 Empty Re: The HC negotiations look to be going down to the wire.....

Post by Kingshu Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:57 pm

tink your missing a bit thebluesmancometh
someone said Pro 12 teams get twice the money and easier qualification than Jeff teams

So I suggested Jeff reduce to 8 teams,
means per team they would get about same as Rabo team, and 75% qualify for the H-cup

Each team would be better, quality should improve, no weak teams, games would be of a higher standard

some one said It would also reduce the HC money

but I sated that there would still be 6 teams qualifing from the Jeff and they would be of better quality.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

The HC negotiations look to be going down to the wire..... - Page 6 Empty Re: The HC negotiations look to be going down to the wire.....

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:01 pm

Oh I thought you meant an 8 team HC league Laugh

Well TBF the idea of an 8 team HC league involving 6 English teams isn't too far out from what a lot of people seem to want, much more realistic than an 8 team AP Shocked

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:47 pm

What would people think if it was 24 teams but jigged around a bit. basically I would propose this and this is only an opinion so please don't crucify me lol
6 Aviva Teams
6 French Teams
8 Rabo Teams- Made up of 1 guaranteed representation for each of the 4 nations(based on league position off course) and then 4 other teams based purely on Rabo league position the season before.
Finally the 2 extra spots for the Amlin and Heineken winner- In the event these are already qualified, it goes to the next team from their nation not qualified and in the event that all teams from their nation have qualified it goes to the next highest rated team not qualified by ERC rankings.
You could also say if they want unions can sell their own tv rights or choose to put them into an ERC pool. How does everyone think that sound and if you like it please nominate me next IRB president lol

neilthom7

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

Post by malky1963 Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:57 pm

neilthom7 wrote:What would people think if it was 24 teams but jigged around a bit. basically I would propose this and this is only an opinion so please don't crucify me lol
6 Aviva Teams
6 French Teams
8 Rabo Teams- Made up of 1 guaranteed representation for each of the 4 nations(based on league position off course) and then 4 other teams based purely on Rabo league position the season before.
Finally the 2 extra spots for the Amlin and Heineken winner- In the event these are already qualified, it goes to the next team from their nation not qualified and in the event that all teams from their nation have qualified it goes to the next highest rated team not qualified by ERC rankings.
You could also say if they want unions can sell their own tv rights or choose to put them into an ERC pool. How does everyone think that sound and if you like it please nominate me next IRB president lol

You might get crucified for your arithmetic

malky1963

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:58 pm

Ye switch 8 Rabo teams to 10 and your on!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:38 pm

Yeah sorry my bad just seen that ok how about same idea same amount of teams from each league but no HC and Amlin winner automatic qualification that would bring it to 20 let you run 4 groups of 5 or 5 groups of 4, Would still achieve the same objectives

neilthom7

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:20 pm

4, 4 and 6(rabo) teams would work.

No free passes to entry via last year's HEC/Amlin, No imbalanced groups so no best losers. Just straight H/A knockouts based on aggregate score. Eight weekends.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:29 pm

Thats 14 teams Portnoys.

But I agree- with the proviso that the final 2 qualifying places should go to the Unions who provided the winners of last years HEC/Amlin.

Whistle Wink

Run

Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:45 pm

Notch wrote:Thats 14 teams Portnoys.

But I agree- with the proviso that the final 2 qualifying places should go to the Unions who provided the winners of last years HEC/Amlin.

Whistle Wink

Run

Maybe I meant, 5,5,6 or 4,4,8 Notch. I had my shoes on so my digital calculator wasn't available. Sixteen .

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:50 pm

Yeah, fair enough. Sounds like a fair distribution. I can't really contribute much more to this.

A dialogue without compromise results in exhaustion.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:58 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
neilthom7 wrote:4. If that points to a reduction of teams and Sale is also at fault surely England should be reducing their teams too?

Under the Franglo proposals they are

Really _ they have 6 teams now and would have 6 under the franglo proposals I thought

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6