The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adrien Broner Announces Next opponent

4 posters

Go down

Adrien Broner Announces Next opponent Empty Adrien Broner Announces Next opponent

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 14 Dec 2012, 8:32 pm

It is....

Richar Abril, Abril did realistically beat Rios, it was the worst robbery I have ever witnesssed Barely looked as though he was gonna lose a round but lost the fight. Which is a joke to be honest...

Good fight though even if it seems like the result is without doubt, not down to anything being wrong with Abril, but Broner right now is just beginning to look a tad untouchable.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Adrien Broner Announces Next opponent Empty Re: Adrien Broner Announces Next opponent

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 14 Dec 2012, 10:00 pm

Hmmm...I love this matchup personally. Abril's very technically awkward and very well conditioned to go with it from the looks of things. Broner will have a big power advantage but Abril negates a power advantage with his movement.

Biggest issue for Abril will be throwing a shot that can hurt Broner. He isn't a puncher and Broner's so big even for a lightweight, he catches everything on the arm or shoulder usually and should be able to bully Abril down the stretch.

Abril won't lay his head across Broner's chest and eat uppercuts all night like Demarco. That much I'm sure of. Intriguing fight more than anything else!

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Adrien Broner Announces Next opponent Empty Re: Adrien Broner Announces Next opponent

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 14 Dec 2012, 10:21 pm

Brilliant matchup, Abril is the type of fighter who is dodged like the plague after they get robbed by a fighter they weren't expected to beat like Lara had after the Williams fiasco.

JBW summed it up pretty well, Abril is technically brilliant and while not a big puncher or has a fan-friendly style he is very very good at what he does. He stands at 5"10/11 with a very long reach and uses every but of it to his advantage

Rios isn't nearly as good a boxer as broner but hits very hard and was huge at the weight yet he couldn't land cleanly on Abril and couldn't push him about. He has also filought heavy handed fighters like Lundy and Acosta yet hasn't been hurt

Broner is on the verge of superstardom imo but this fight could be very tricky and quite tactical so we'll see how Broners boxing IQ is

If he dominates Richard its a huge statement, as Abril is unlucky not to be unbeaten as all his losses have been controversial. This is the type of opponent that he need so beat to show he's ready to take over the P4P lists

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 14 Dec 2012, 10:33 pm

I take my hat off to Broner for this. I feared no one would touch Abril after the Rios fight, but this is a top drawer fight.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down