The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pat Kirwin's Final Draft

+3
GSC
Leedscowboys
arizona_tom
7 posters

Go down

Pat Kirwin's Final Draft Empty Pat Kirwin's Final Draft

Post by arizona_tom Mon 25 Apr 2011, 7:19 pm

Just seen this draft on nfl.com, and if you click the link youl know what the big shock is from this draft.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/mock-drafts/pat-kirwan/60101?module=HP_cp2

Gabbert at 15???? Is he serious. I personally doubt Gabbert makes it past my cards at 5. But i think the chances of the 49ers, titans, redskins, vikings passing on him are roughly around a 100/1

arizona_tom

Back to top Go down

Pat Kirwin's Final Draft Empty Re: Pat Kirwin's Final Draft

Post by Leedscowboys Mon 25 Apr 2011, 7:27 pm

I cant see the Bears drafting a LB they desperately need help on both lines, and no way the Colts dont take an OT, when Manning signs the richest contract in NFL history, you can sure bet Irsay will ensure he as brought insurance.
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 25 Apr 2011, 7:29 pm

I haven't a clue why the Cards would want Gabbert. Would be a repeat of last seasons QB play, and I doubt Fitz will be sticking around willingly for much longer. Get a solid veteran in, draft defense high, and draft a guy later to develop. Gabbert makes no sense to me at 5 for the Cards.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GB1919 Mon 25 Apr 2011, 7:38 pm

Pat Kirwan's mocks have consistently baffled me, at times it has seemed like he has used a random generator to throw teams and players together. Nothing different about this draft.

GB1919

Back to top Go down

Post by arizona_tom Mon 25 Apr 2011, 7:46 pm

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:I haven't a clue why the Cards would want Gabbert. Would be a repeat of last seasons QB play, and I doubt Fitz will be sticking around willingly for much longer. Get a solid veteran in, draft defense high, and draft a guy later to develop. Gabbert makes no sense to me at 5 for the Cards.

I think if miller isnt there the cards have to take gabbert. there d-line (dockett, williams (last years 1st round), campbell) doesnt need any improving, and if im honest il be suprised if they take peterson with DRC there. I'd like to think if they take gabbert hed be given at least half a year b4 he played

arizona_tom

Back to top Go down

Post by arizona_tom Mon 25 Apr 2011, 7:47 pm

Also @GB1919 completley agree, but i thought he would maybe get it together for his last draft, but this is probably his worst yet

arizona_tom

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Tue 26 Apr 2011, 9:56 am

Peter King of Sports Illustrated writes that the Cards are targeting A.J. Green. Apparently they tried to make a deal last draft to get Dez Bryant. PK is well respected, but with teams throwing out so much disinformation, who knows if he's got any legit inside information. If so, the brain trust must be enamored with the high-powered super receiver attack, like the one that got them to the Super Bowl.

If the defensive freaks are gone before they draft, and if they believe the can sign a FA QB of worth, i guess I could see them going this route after Breaston and Ducet failed to impress last season.

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by arizona_tom Tue 26 Apr 2011, 1:38 pm

The Mangler US_UK wrote:Peter King of Sports Illustrated writes that the Cards are targeting A.J. Green. Apparently they tried to make a deal last draft to get Dez Bryant. PK is well respected, but with teams throwing out so much disinformation, who knows if he's got any legit inside information. If so, the brain trust must be enamored with the high-powered super receiver attack, like the one that got them to the Super Bowl.

If the defensive freaks are gone before they draft, and if they believe the can sign a FA QB of worth, i guess I could see them going this route after Breaston and Ducet failed to impress last season.

id be very suprised if that happened
as a fellow cards fan if you have both gabbert and green on the board who would you take???

arizona_tom

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Tue 26 Apr 2011, 2:44 pm

Mike Mayock on the Rich Eisen podcast:

Not convinced that Newton will be the #1 pick.
Believes Panthers would like to trade down but doesn’t think they’ll be able to find a trade partner.

Doesn’t think the Broncos will go QB.
Thinks Dareus is a perfect fit for the Broncos system.

Von Miller is the logical pick for the Bills.

Thinks there could be as many as 8 QBs in the first 3 rounds due to a combination of need and uncertainty surrounding FA.

Dalton and Ponder could be pushed into round 1.

Locker is a “wild card” and could potentially go as high as 10 to the Redskins or 12 to the Vikings.

Mallett is the best thrower of the football in the draft. Where he goes will depend on what teams think of the character concerns.

Kaepernick and Stanzi are likely to go late 2nd or 3rd round.

Miami could look at Pouncey or Ingram at #15.

Thinks there will be a similar number of trades this year despite the uncertainty and the restrictions.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 26 Apr 2011, 3:48 pm

Does anyone know if the ruling yesterday has any effect on the draft? As to whether or not teams can trade players for picks etc.

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Tue 26 Apr 2011, 5:44 pm

arizona_tom wrote:

id be very suprised if that happened
as a fellow cards fan if you have both gabbert and green on the board who would you take???

You know, not knowing what kind of behind the scenes deals are going on, I dunno. I think the Cards want a veteran QB because with the way the lockout is going, even if they draft Gabbert, if this thing drags on, there is no way he can get ready for the season.

bambamwillis wrote:Does anyone know if the ruling yesterday has any effect on the draft? As to whether or not teams can trade players for picks etc.

Well, I think the teams technically could do a trade, but which owner would go rogue and break lockstep? You might get someone like Mad Al in Oakland - in fact, I'm half expecting him to give the NFL the finger and sign 10 free agents today, but for a trade it takes two to tango. You know Daniel Snyder has't been able to do anything foolish with his money while the lockout is going on, so he must be itching to dump a load of cash, but I don't see anything happening till this thing goes before the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals.

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 26 Apr 2011, 6:02 pm

We're in the position we were yesterday. The NFL has to implement rules regarding FA, trades etc, in the absence of a CBA, and they won't until they know the lockout option is dead in the water.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 26 Apr 2011, 6:05 pm

If I were the Cards, I'd draft Green and trade next year's 1st for Kolb. He's still fairly young, would be able to step in right away and be productive, has NFL experience, and has been named Offensive player of the week twice in 7 starts.

Miller would be top of my board if I was the Cards though, followed by Peterson.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Tue 26 Apr 2011, 7:41 pm

Yeah, i'd be happy with Miller, Peterson, or even Green (assuming we can get Kolb or maybe even Orton).

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by arizona_tom Tue 26 Apr 2011, 8:04 pm

I really dont want green id much rather have the young qb gabbert. we have a really good recieving core breaston and doucet should reboud and with the young improving roberts, its already a position of huge strenghth OLB should be priority and then gabbert if millers gone

arizona_tom

Back to top Go down

Post by GB1919 Tue 26 Apr 2011, 8:39 pm

It would be the greatest moment of the year if Al Davis decided to break cover and sign a load of players. I'm wishing on every star I see.

GB1919

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down