The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your shot of the year

4 posters

Go down

Your shot of the year Empty Your shot of the year

Post by JAS Sun 23 Dec 2012, 3:07 pm

As the title says what has been YOUR best/most memorable shot this year? You might think you never hit any outstanding shots, you may have so many to choose from but there must be at least one (for whatever reason) sticks firmly in the mind. I've developed a decent shortlist over the past few weeks but there's one that undoubtedly stands out so I'll start..

On the 2nd at Pebble Beach, got a good drive away, laid up before the barranca (but ended up a wee bit further away than intended). Left myself 138 yards, hit a soft slightly drawing 8 iron, landed on left side, kicked right on 1st bounce, a couple more bounces and BANG!! disappears into the cup for eagle, happy days!!

JAS

Back to top Go down

Your shot of the year Empty Re: Your shot of the year

Post by thedamned3putt Sun 23 Dec 2012, 3:19 pm

short-sided in a 6' deep pot bunker on our 9th hole. weight slightly back, club face parallel to the ground and gave it everything i'd got. up it popped and rolled perfectly into the middle of the hole. i know it was 6' deep as i had to jump in the air to watch it drop and i'm 5'11". very, very satisfying.

thedamned3putt

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 23 Dec 2012, 4:20 pm

Dear JAS,
Dustin Johnson here. How much do you want for that eagle on #2?
Any offers considered.

My fave shot of the last year was from a very skinny lie in a bunker where the rain had left a bare covering of sand. Short-sided to a pin, all downhill on fast Bermuda. Could have gone anywhere, but spun it to stop within three feet and holed the (perilous downhill) putt. Chuffed to bits!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sun 23 Dec 2012, 5:02 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Dear JAS,
Dustin Johnson here. How much do you want for that eagle on #2?
Any offers considered.

My fave shot of the last year was from a very skinny lie in a bunker where the rain had left a bare covering of sand. Short-sided to a pin, all downhill on fast Bermuda. Could have gone anywhere, but spun it to stop within three feet and holed the (perilous downhill) putt. Chuffed to bits!

Dear JAS, GMAC here...if DJ asks to buy your eagle on #2...don't sell it for ANYTHING!!

Must admit, I'd like to be typing here next year that my shot of the year has been a difficult bunker shot, becoming clear that bunker shots are now the weak part of my same

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Thu 27 Dec 2012, 3:01 pm

Last hole of a texas scramble 150 yd and Im the only one teeing up as I have to take the last drive.Put it to about 3 feet and the others all stood on the tee while I walked down and tapped in.What pressure

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down