The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blackburn Rovers - Oh What Again!!

Go down

Blackburn Rovers - Oh What Again!! Empty Blackburn Rovers - Oh What Again!!

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 1:43 pm

57 Days.

In that time you could book an African Safari which takes you from Kenya to Cape Town. Mood stabilizers are known to take 57 days to work in some patients.

In this time it has taken Berg to earn himself the sack from Blackburn Rovers.

Prior to his appointment, one of the most telling facts that his appointment was one which wasn't met with great warmth was his win % as a manager. 33%. It was one which I was very much against. For all the poor results Kean achieved as a PL manager, least he had the team performing on the pitch in the Championship and it seemed that we could've been amongst the contenders for promotion. Kean departed and despite the relief many felt, things didn't improve. Fan un-rest existed and the owners plumped for Berg a former hero amongst the Blackburn faithful.

I mean Frak. What the hell is going on? This team won the PL in 1995 and the League Cup in 2002. 6th place in 2006. It is heartbreaking to see such an epic fail of a fall from grace. In 2010 we were safe in the PL. We were 12th in December and then the Venky's came up with a brilliant idea. We will sack the manager, employ someone else on the cheap and we shall be ok. In the 2010/11 we were 1 game from relegation. 2011/2012 we could no longer dodge the bullet and we were relegated. Deserved too. The fans turned on the club and Kean was like a fox caught in headlights. Had no idea how to manage a PL club. Yet in the Championship he found his feet. I looked at Newcastle. 2008 saw the fans turn against the club after Keegan came back for part 2 of this famous love affair and then found himself leaving after disagreements with the board and despite Kinnear and Shearer's attempts to steady the club left them relegated in 2009. In came Hughton and despite not being a top name turned Newcastle around and brought them back to the PL where they have found their feet. Hughton many will feel was harshly treated with the sack after leading them back and yes Hughton as a PL manager was a massive gamble. Look at him now with Norwich and even more so Clarke with WBA. These arrangements can work out and I felt maybe Kean may have been able to finally hone his craft and get Blackburn back to the PL summit.

It was never meant to be as he departed and I felt for him.

Now what for Rovers? I can hear it now. Hughesy Hughesy. Let's be realisitic. 1. Would he want to come back? 2. Can the magic work again in a lower league? The Hughes years sparkled. We had the topsy turvey years under Souness, but with Hughes we had someone that caught the imagination. Got Blackburn playing effective football, but also his dealings in the transfer market were second to none. Bellamy, Bentley, Pongolle, Savage, Nelson, Reid, Samba, McCarthy, Santa Cruz, Warnock. So many shrewd and yet fantastic buys. Hughes however with a bigger budget and bigger club could not replicate the same magic. Some managers are just not cut out for big jobs and big budgets.

The best Blackburn can hope for is a top 10 finish. I always felt if we were 6 points adrift of the top 2 at Christmas we could stand a good shout of promotion. We are now 8 points adrift the play off places and I can't see us turning it around so dramatically. Last 10 games have seen 6 defeats, 3 draws and 1 win.

I would love for Hughes to comeback, though I see us getting lumbered with Tony Adams!

Back to top Go down