The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warren Gatland is a far better WUM than anyone on here

+5
maestegmafia
bsando
ThePantomimeVillain
Biltong
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
9 posters

Go down

Warren Gatland is a far better WUM than anyone on here Empty Warren Gatland is a far better WUM than anyone on here

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sun 30 Dec 2012, 1:40 pm

http://www.espnscrum.com/lions-tour-2013/rugby/story/175100.html

I don't think I'm speaking out of turn to say representation for the Scots is challenging.

Presumably because Tim Vissers trying scoring record isnt absurd enough for him?

New Zealand try to claim me as a Kiwi coach but, while I was a Kiwi player, I'm most definitely a Northern Hemisphere coach, and very proud to be so

See if only the Grey Ghost were here under a new name *cough* Im sure he'd love that one

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Warren Gatland is a far better WUM than anyone on here Empty Re: Warren Gatland is a far better WUM than anyone on here

Post by Biltong Sun 30 Dec 2012, 1:42 pm

See if only the Grey Ghost were here under a new name *cough* Im sure he'd love that one

Not a bad effort at wumming yourself Peter. Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Warren Gatland is a far better WUM than anyone on here Empty Re: Warren Gatland is a far better WUM than anyone on here

Post by ThePantomimeVillain Sun 30 Dec 2012, 2:29 pm

I'm sure it will be a strong salary negotiating point next time he tries to conjure up a deal with the chiefs.

Certainly his win ratio as a coach has a more northern hemispherian appearance Whistle

I put Hansen down as this years best coaching Wum for "Australia were talking all week about how they'd do this and that. I think they'll be disappointed they didn't do this or that."

Also his comments about Wales "not realising NZ would score so many points" when they were spurning kicks at goal was fairly acidic, as was his conjecture that Robbie Deans had a sufficient number of kiwi ex-pats to pick from to make a decent Wallaby team.

ThePantomimeVillain

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sun 30 Dec 2012, 2:35 pm

Im not sure how its squares with his comments regarding his long term ambition to coach the All Blacks either

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePantomimeVillain Sun 30 Dec 2012, 2:36 pm

I certainly hope the lions management team had a ladder clause in the contract, Australia is awfully close to NZ after all.

ThePantomimeVillain

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Wed 02 Jan 2013, 11:37 am

Sounds like scare tactics to me to give Scottish players a good kick up the erse! Will be interesting to see if he is true to his word if Scotland manage to have a great 6N though...

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 02 Jan 2013, 11:39 am

bsando wrote:Sounds like scare tactics to me to give Scottish players a good kick up the erse! Will be interesting to see if he is true to his word if Scotland manage to have a great 6N though...

Lets hope things like that do give Scottish players a kick up the "Erse"...! We want as much competition for places as possible...

Plenty of players with the ability north of the boarder.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Wed 02 Jan 2013, 11:57 am

The pre - game WU comments seem more prevalent amongst SH born coaches. Eddie Jones is another of that breed.
I suspect it doesn't make that much difference to the respective teams unless its personal like Gatts comments on Hartley.
They back fired big time.

The recent comments by Gatts about Scotland are justified they have some great players & need to step up & play like they can.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed 02 Jan 2013, 3:58 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:http://www.espnscrum.com/lions-tour-2013/rugby/story/175100.html

I don't think I'm speaking out of turn to say representation for the Scots is challenging.

Presumably because Tim Vissers trying scoring record isnt absurd enough for him?

You mean the dutchman who can only run in a try when there is nobody in front of him? He does have a point and most of us have known for a while that he doesn't rate Scottish players. They should definitely have a larger representation than the last tour though.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Wed 02 Jan 2013, 4:01 pm

What is all this wum talk?

The only wum I know of is a town in Cameroon.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Wed 02 Jan 2013, 4:20 pm

On the shores of Lake Wum i believe?
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down