The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which wrestlers on the WWE roster are suitable opponents for Lesnar?

+6
talkingpoint
MtotheC
Hero
VDT
Marky
Dolphin Ziggler
10 posters

Go down

Which wrestlers on the WWE roster are suitable opponents for Lesnar? Empty Which wrestlers on the WWE roster are suitable opponents for Lesnar?

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 4 Jan 2013 - 4:32

On the podcast the guys quickly pondered whether there was anyone in WWE who could physically match and put on a real show with Brock Lesnar. Hero made the point that back in Lesnar's original run they had Angle, Taker and even the Big Show and Goldberg who could match Lesnar in stature.

Nowadays, we don't really have those figures in WWE. Kane does not have the aura he once had, no one is really like Angle was at that moment. He has been left, so far, with Triple H and John Cena.

CM Punk is a star, and whilst not a huge guy, he is a big enough name for him. Ryback has the size, and the push, and these are the only two I have seen touted other than older names who can face Lesnar at Wrestlemania.

So, I put forward for discussion, who else on the roster is worthy and would you believe in a feud with Brock Lesnar?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Which wrestlers on the WWE roster are suitable opponents for Lesnar? Empty Re: Which wrestlers on the WWE roster are suitable opponents for Lesnar?

Post by Marky Fri 4 Jan 2013 - 7:58

Big Show? I know it's been done, but Brock F-5ing the World's Largest Athlete would be awesome for those with short memories!

Other than Big Show, I can only think of Sheamus, Mark Henry (if he returns) and maybe Tensai/Brodus with the right build up.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Which wrestlers on the WWE roster are suitable opponents for Lesnar? Empty Re: Which wrestlers on the WWE roster are suitable opponents for Lesnar?

Post by VDT Fri 4 Jan 2013 - 8:32

I know no one is crying out for it but I can only see it being HHH. Personal I'd like it to be Bryan Daniel maybe in a MMA style match or submission match as Bryan is the man of a Billion Submission Holds! Not sure how they'd get a fued started tho!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 4 Jan 2013 - 8:48

I know the dirt sheets are hinting that it'll be HHH v Lesnar at Mania but if they had any sense it'd be Ryback going over him, he's the one guy that has the build and power to go toe to toe with him, the only issue with it being those pair is that neither is particularly thought of as a 'safe' worker.
The other guy that was mentioned in the podcast that if built correctly is Swagger, he has the size and is an excellent wrestler but his stock would have to considerably rise on his repackaging and with Wrestlemania only a few months off then its too much to ask.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 4 Jan 2013 - 9:06

Well if I was to throw any of the current roster in an MMA cage opposite Brock it would be our very own Wade. Barret/Lesnar would make for a believable 'fight'..

Though how they'd book that one with WM three months away I have no idea.

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 4 Jan 2013 - 9:32

Daniel Bryan has the technical ability to go toe to toe with lesnar but does he have the stature? I think that match up would be more of a Bryan fan boy (a category I include myself in btw) dream rather than something the wwe would view as a commercially viable match for one of its highest paid stars. Bryan has taken huge strides over the last 12 months but he's not at a marquee match level yet, he needs to keep working and getting over, the punk blueprint is something he should look to replicate.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 4 Jan 2013 - 14:08

The only two outside the standard Mania huge names and Punk or Ryback, the only other two I could see both short term and long term are Sheamus and Orton.

If Lesnar signs an extension on repeat terms, giving you a good year to build up some opponents, who else do you think is worthy?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri 4 Jan 2013 - 14:15

I could see it being Punk but it would mean Heyman either turning on Brock or Punk and its a bit quick to turn Face again then i can't see Brock as a face!

Don't know about Ryback i could see being Epic but more likely another Brock - Goldberg disappointment.
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 17:36

Sheamus - former WWE & Heavyweight champion and definitely has the stature.
Wade Barrett - did some real life bare knuckle boxing and has the stature
Ryback - power and stature
Orton - big name, former WWE & Heavyweight champion and RKO works against everyone
The Rock - one of the biggest names in wrestling and is massive nowadays

D Byran is a definite no-no. An MMA style match would not work as Bryan is about three weight classes below Lesnar so it wouldn't be believable in the slightest. If Bryan won it would make a mockery of Lesnar's own UFC career. Lesnar wins it's a no brainer due to his size advantage. There's no entertainment in that.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 18:08

Ryback would have been my shout, if HHH was serious about getting new talent over he could throw his weight behind Ryback and The win would make him look like a total monster

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 18:16

cant he face undertaker? i wanna see him completely manhandle someone, he did with cena and i think triple h but ultimately lost on atleast 1 occasion. id wanna see one match against taker. and tbh i dont mind the result either way as long as lesnar comes over as a complete psychotic monster

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 18:25

talkingpoint wrote:D Byran is a definite no-no. An MMA style match would not work as Bryan is about three weight classes below Lesnar so it wouldn't be believable in the slightest. If Bryan won it would make a mockery of Lesnar's own UFC career. Lesnar wins it's a no brainer due to his size advantage. There's no entertainment in that.

My pick would be Ryback for sure (as much because if Ryback doesn't get Lesnar I think he will get a virtual squash victory over Punk) but I would say that Bryan/Lesnar could work if Lesnar would start running his mouth about how he bullied and beat up Randy Couture and would do the same to Bryan...

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:37

Not sure the UFC would be happy about WWE using one of their hall of famers in a storyline, especially in a feud with someone so clearly mismatched in terms of height and build. Ryback is the logical choice in terms of push and power.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 6 Jan 2013 - 5:31

In a year or two they could do a great job putting over one newcomer. Roman Reigns beats Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 30 on the same night Ambrose beats Bryan and Rollins beats Jericho.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Mon 7 Jan 2013 - 15:15

Undertaker - seems one of the obvious choices especially as it looked like they would face off a few years back after the back stage incident. would be a huge draw and a potential threat to the streak.

HHH- would be another huge draw and seems the likely one to face Brock

Sheamus - possible candidate could be good slug fest maybe not the best technical shows

Wade Barrett - could see this but since barrett is heel might be hard to pull off
Ryback - would be good and would give him a big win

Orton - is wanting to turn heel so cant see it happening

The Rock - would be a big draw but cant see it happening

Daniel Byran - give him a big win and should be a good technical match

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 7 Jan 2013 - 15:22

If he signs another contract I'd want him to face Sheamus early on, something like Summerslam. He can beat him, but I think the rub of such a big match and a real intense feud would be great for Sheamus

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 7 Jan 2013 - 16:02

I really don't get all the fuss about Wade tbh, certainally don't want him anywhere near what will be one of the top 3 matches at 'Mania.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down