The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call Steve-o into the Wales squad?!

+6
bluestonevedder
youngguns6
maestegmafia
Bathman_in_London
ScarletSpiderman
Morgannwg
10 posters

Go down

To re-call or not to.

Call Steve-o into the Wales squad?! Vote_lcap42%Call Steve-o into the Wales squad?! Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 5 ]
Call Steve-o into the Wales squad?! Vote_lcap58%Call Steve-o into the Wales squad?! Vote_rcap 58% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 12

Call Steve-o into the Wales squad?! Empty Call Steve-o into the Wales squad?!

Post by Morgannwg Thu 10 Jan 2013, 3:03 pm

The Priest and Hook are injured. Hook should recover in time but in my opinion is only good enough to be a last resort. Biggar is my preferred starter with Stephen Jones in the match day squad as back-up. I like Patchell. He shows attributes on the field of play 10 years ahead of his time. His style is similar to O'Gara's (when he was playing well), and back then there wasn't a better tactical flyhalf in Europe. Despite me not noticing any weaknesses in Patchell's game I would rather not see him called up and get injured for the rest of the season. I believe his time should come next season after some games with the U20s and Blues. I don't think Wales have much choice and need to recall Stephen Jones. He'll be well rested and his experience/leadership will be ideal for the team. I know he doesn't start every single game for the Wasps but when he does he does not put a foot wrong.

So my fly-half choices:
Dan Biggar
Stephen Jones
James Hook
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Call Steve-o into the Wales squad?! Empty Re: Call Steve-o into the Wales squad?!

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 10 Jan 2013, 3:20 pm

I think Patchell will be in the squad instead of Steve Jones. Or even Steve Shingler, Nicky Robinson, Nick Macloed etc, who are playing outside of Wales. However, I don't think he will get any game time, and I also think that if Biggar or Hook take a knock then whoever does get called up to the squad will probably end up on the bench instead of Patch.

The Welsh management seem to like to get a youngster into the training squad just so that they can watch them train etc.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Call Steve-o into the Wales squad?! Empty Re: Call Steve-o into the Wales squad?!

Post by Bathman_in_London Thu 10 Jan 2013, 3:47 pm

Firstly I saw Stephen Jones at Waterloo station yesterday.

Secondly I may be wrong but for me he is still probably the best Welsh FH around. Having said that it must be time for Biggar to try and make the shirt his.

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 11 Jan 2013, 11:47 am

Phill Davies is asking for Patchell to be allowed to play for the under 20s this year.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 11 Jan 2013, 1:57 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Phill Davies is asking for Patchell to be allowed to play for the under 20s this year.

I can see that being a good choice, he will be battling with Matthew Morgan for the fly half shirt there. Maybe that will be enough competition to keep him grounded.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by youngguns6 Fri 11 Jan 2013, 2:14 pm

Neither

youngguns6

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Fri 11 Jan 2013, 2:49 pm

Bathman_in_London wrote:Firstly I saw Stephen Jones at Waterloo station yesterday.

Secondly I may be wrong but for me he is still probably the best Welsh FH around. Having said that it must be time for Biggar to try and make the shirt his.

Ha, wicked. You get to speak to him?

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Fri 11 Jan 2013, 2:54 pm

What about Shingler? Is he in good form at the moment with Irish?

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 11 Jan 2013, 3:00 pm

bsando wrote:What about Shingler? Is he in good form at the moment with Irish?

Hes been playing at 12/13, but taking the kicks. I dont think anyone could really be described as playing well forthem thsi season though, they are a bit of a shambles.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Fri 11 Jan 2013, 3:08 pm

Of the two, Patchell.

I know we haven't played any running rugby for a few years, but you need all your backs to be able to at least break into a gentle jog if needed, just to cover in defence. If nothing else.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Fri 11 Jan 2013, 3:19 pm

bluestonevedder wrote:
Bathman_in_London wrote:Firstly I saw Stephen Jones at Waterloo station yesterday.

Sadly not mate, he was coming in to town as I was leaving in a big crowd, I just glanced up and I thought 'I recognise that bloke!'.

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Fri 11 Jan 2013, 3:23 pm

Bathman_in_London wrote:
bluestonevedder wrote:

Sadly not mate, he was coming in to town as I was leaving in a big crowd, I just glanced up and I thought 'I recognise that bloke!'.

Ah well! Always strikes me as a top bloke! Reckon he'd be easy to go for a pint or four with.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Fri 11 Jan 2013, 6:07 pm

bluestonevedder wrote:
Bathman_in_London wrote:
bluestonevedder wrote:

Ah well! Always strikes me as a top bloke! Reckon he'd be easy to go for a pint or four with.

Bluestone he is!

Many years ago went with a mate i was based with to watch Scarletts beat the Tigers and after we went into town for a beer and bumped into him and most of the Scarlet's team in a bar. he was one of the most approachable players i have ever met and as the token Englishman there was made most welcome by all the team.
The barmaid wasnt the brightest though, she asked who he was, so i explained Scarlets and Wales flyhalf! her response.......oh the kicker

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down