The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

African nations cup 2013

+2
The_Enigma
spencerclarke
6 posters

Go down

African nations cup 2013 Empty African nations cup 2013

Post by spencerclarke Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:09 pm

Has anyone been watching the competition so far?

I've seen a couple of games and have been fairly unimpressed with the standard. I was hoping for some exciting games but sport far most teams have simply cancelled one another out. I'm hoping it's just a case of the usual opening game nerves from most teams.

Who's your tip for a winner? Will the black stars finally pick up the trophy again. I think my money at the moment would be on the ivory coast. A decent drogba send off

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

African nations cup 2013 Empty Re: African nations cup 2013

Post by The_Enigma Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:17 pm

I watched the opening game which was South Africa against somebody, my minds gone completely blank about who they played, but yeah it was one of the worst games I've ever seen.

I would think that maybe there will be some good games when the teams with more quaility are drawn with each other, so looking from the 1/4 finals onwards. I did see a bit of DR.Congo's game yesterday & look to have some good players in the side so I'll tip them to win the cup this year!

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:45 pm

I watched the opening game.

SA vs Cape Verde, boring, ineffective attack and really poor passing within strike distance.

This is the only time I watch football, when SA plays in some tournament format, but just like the world Cup, their inability to put together enough phases to score reminds me very quickly how poor they are.

But then you need to understand football in SA. The club owners are making all the money with little to no investment in development.

These clubs don't want to pay the top players and are not interested in development as for every one talented footballer that gets a contract in Europe. There are a couple of thousand natural players who will sign for a pittance just to play club football.

Until there is a paradigm shift in grassroot development in SA, they will remain mediocre.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:07 pm

I don't think the African Cup of Nations is ever that high quality. The issue with most African sides is that they rely on one or two big players with the rest of the players being fairly mediocre, this means that a team isn't really built, but all the other players are there to accommodate the star player.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:20 pm

Crimey wrote:I don't think the African Cup of Nations is ever that high quality. The issue with most African sides is that they rely on one or two big players with the rest of the players being fairly mediocre, this means that a team isn't really built, but all the other players are there to accommodate the star player.

The only possible exception is perhaps the Ivory Coast team which it seems does have a better abundance of star players throughout the side. They must be like the Brazil 1982 of African Football in the sense that they play all the attractive attacking football yet they just can't seem to win any tournaments.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:34 pm

Some seriously poor refereeing going on at the Togo v Tunisia match.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:34 pm

What were the scores today az ive missed them. Loved the south Africa v morocco game theother day. Best match by far that ive seen so far. I watch the highlights of cape verde v angola too. Looked hugely entertaining but the angola keeper in those few clips made more mistakes than most do in a season!

Id love to see cape verde push on. Cant beat an under dog.

Some really suprising results too when the look at how teams are getting on in the world cup qualifiers

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:36 am

spencerclarke wrote:What were the scores today az ive missed them. Loved the south Africa v morocco game theother day. Best match by far that ive seen so far. I watch the highlights of cape verde v angola too. Looked hugely entertaining but the angola keeper in those few clips made more mistakes than most do in a season!

Id love to see cape verde push on. Cant beat an under dog.

Some really suprising results too when the look at how teams are getting on in the world cup qualifiers

1-1 and 2-2 in the Ivory Coast game. To be honest I haven't seen much of it.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:47 am

Cheers az. Ive missed a bit of the final group games as they have been on a little earlier. Havent seen the schedule yet for the knockout rounds. Hopefully they are on a little later.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:04 am

spencerclarke wrote:Cheers az. Ive missed a bit of the final group games as they have been on a little earlier. Havent seen the schedule yet for the knockout rounds. Hopefully they are on a little later.

Mate here is a link to Supersport

You can get all the fixtures, group standings and results here.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:30 pm

Cheers biltong. Saturday it is

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:33 pm

So the Brazil of African Football (Ivory Coast) have blown it yet again in yet another African Nations Cup tournament. When will they win this tournament? Perhaps never!

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:28 am

The SA team didn't fare any better . Sad
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down