The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell us about your username today...

+20
twoeightnine
Skydriver
pedro
turnip
super_realist
HiGun
barragan
McLaren
lorus59
Roller_Coaster
oldshanker
I'm never wrong
kwinigolfer
John Cregan
Bob_the_Job
JAS
golfermartin
1GrumpyGolfer
SmithersJones
incontinentia
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tell us about your username today... Empty Tell us about your username today...

Post by incontinentia Mon 28 Jan 2013, 2:30 pm

Hi all,

Bit of a break from the norm here: I've noticed some unusual usernames on ye olde golf board, maybe you could share the inspiration and origins for your chosen moniker.

Mine comes from a character in Life of Brian. Incontinentia Buttocks, the wife of Biggus Dickus who was an officer in the Woman awmy.

Do share your own story...
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Tell us about your username today... Empty Re: Tell us about your username today...

Post by SmithersJones Mon 28 Jan 2013, 2:36 pm

Jam song about a downtrodden everyman.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Tell us about your username today... Empty Re: Tell us about your username today...

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon 28 Jan 2013, 2:46 pm

Lack of golf between November/December and late March/April

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by golfermartin Mon 28 Jan 2013, 2:48 pm

Mine sounds as though I'm actually a decent golfer, but it was chosen when I used to contribute to the "Strictly Come Dancing" messageboards. Once you have a username with the Beeb, that's it for all areas. So when I started reading and occassionally contributing to the old 606, it stayed the same. When I joined here I didn't change it.

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 28 Jan 2013, 3:13 pm

I used to be the proud owner of a Porsche 911 cabriolet, the last of the old classic 964 shape before they ruined it with the 993. Hence my moniker on the old 606 board was JAS964. When I came across I dropped the 964

The JAS part is my initials.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Mon 28 Jan 2013, 4:30 pm

Bob_the _Job..because Bob_the_Nob (Genesis, Battle of Epping Forest) was taken.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Mon 28 Jan 2013, 4:31 pm

I just went for my name!!

Why am i the only one??

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 28 Jan 2013, 5:39 pm

As stated before, the first part is geographical, the second part delusional.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Mon 28 Jan 2013, 5:44 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:As stated before, the first part is geographical, the second part delusional.

Before I realised that Kwiniaska was the name of a course, I was trying to read all sorts into your username, Kwini. Mainly along the lines of 'ok, win' and/or 'I ask a golfer'.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Mon 28 Jan 2013, 6:26 pm

Went through a period at work whenever anyone asked a question about an issue we were working on, I was always right. Should've set up a Pub Quiz team. Just a phase I went through, however, and I'm wrong just as often as everyone else.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Mon 28 Jan 2013, 7:14 pm

I'm never wrong- I fully expected you to win the grand slam of sportsville's major prediction game!
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Mon 28 Jan 2013, 7:17 pm

Top tip. Whatever I choose in sweeps - go the opposite way. I've failed too often to count.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Mon 28 Jan 2013, 10:53 pm

John Cregan wrote:I just went for my name!!

Why am i the only one??

You're not!!

OS stands up again.

I am John Cregan!! Whistle
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Tue 29 Jan 2013, 9:03 am

No, I'm John Cregan. And so's my wife.

Mine comes from the middle two words of a long and silly name a mate gave me at school. Although - it does kind of accurately describe the my experience of an average round.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Tue 29 Jan 2013, 9:47 am

"I am Spartacus."

I took my ID from the watch I had for many years.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 29 Jan 2013, 10:00 am

I originally joined 606 in order to post on the F1 section so choose the name of a car on a poster that was on the wall near my computer. That car being Mclarens entry for the 1973 f1 world championship the m23.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McLaren_M23
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Tue 29 Jan 2013, 10:08 am

life can be a little grey in the uk. i'd like to live in some of these spaces.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=luis+barragan&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=nmo&tbo=d&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=KZ8HUfyRDqya1AWd4YGwBA&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAA&biw=1267&bih=696

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by HiGun Tue 29 Jan 2013, 11:31 am

I used to do a bit of competition clay shooting. The winner of a shooting comp is the 'High Gun', not that I won a lot mind...

HiGun

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 29 Jan 2013, 11:35 am

Can you change your Username?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Tue 29 Jan 2013, 11:42 am

you can request a username change via pm'ing a mod or admin

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 29 Jan 2013, 11:53 am

super_realist wrote:Can you change your Username?

So why are you called super_realist?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by turnip Tue 29 Jan 2013, 12:24 pm

I share my name with the ex-Watford/England football manager and used to manage a lads football team the same time he was pilloried in the press.

Had used the name in local fantasy teams before meeting D4S (and JohnO?) at a golf comp a couple of years ago and said I'd post occasionally using it as my id.
No golf connection whatsoever , and given how keen the 14 year old lads were to use it not sure why I stuck with it.

turnip

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 29 Jan 2013, 1:21 pm

Mine is the hispano version of my real name. (Yup, you've guessed it!)

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Tue 29 Jan 2013, 3:06 pm

I don't work for a satellite brodcasting company, nor do I pilot or jump out of planes in my spare time.

However, I used to have a speciality golf shot, being the impressive but not very useful 70 yard mega-flop shot off the tee with the driver or 3W, occasionally clanging the bay ceiling at the driving range (otherwise endangering birds or low flying aircraft). Basically happened every now and then when using a rubber practice tee which was too tall.

Inspiration in some part also attributable to a thread on the old 606 - where golfing characters such as Darth Fader and Jabbicus the Putt were namechecked. "[Luke] Skydriver" isn't half as good as those efforts, but is a nod of sorts to my fondness of Star Wars. Homage to Luke D unintentional, but perhaps still appropriate.

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by twoeightnine Tue 29 Jan 2013, 3:12 pm

The house number that I currently live in. And hope to be out of shortly.....

As it was the house where I spent all of my married life maybe I should think about changing it!

twoeightnine

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Tue 29 Jan 2013, 3:18 pm

2-8-9,

i always assumed 8 & 9 were generally the scores that followed an elusive 2 Whistle

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 29 Jan 2013, 3:19 pm

Old (but pretty rubbish) lineout call used when I played rugby to signify where in the line the hooker was going to aim his throw. Could have been worse, occasionally used to use 'f**ksh1tr@pe' as well.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by twoeightnine Tue 29 Jan 2013, 3:39 pm

barragan wrote:2-8-9,

i always assumed 8 & 9 were generally the scores that followed an elusive 2 Whistle

Nice! Maybe you have seen my consistency!

Navy - that call is still in use, or at least I am sure I have heard forwards talk about using it. It is just too childish for men to be able not to use!

twoeightnine

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 29 Jan 2013, 3:48 pm

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:Can you change your Username?

So why are you called super_realist?
we're waiting super...
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 29 Jan 2013, 3:53 pm

Well, I could say it's down to unique wisdom, being matter of fact, or it could be down to a style of art. JFGI.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Tue 29 Jan 2013, 4:01 pm

the old dynamic gold shafts plus my moniker

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Tue 29 Jan 2013, 4:01 pm

twoeightnine wrote:

My theory was that 289 yards was your driving distance...

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 29 Jan 2013, 4:35 pm

I once had a 300 yard drive... then i got out of the car and carried on about my business.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by twoeightnine Tue 29 Jan 2013, 5:13 pm

Skydriver wrote:
twoeightnine wrote:

My theory was that 289 yards was your driving distance...

Downhill, following gale....

S_R - I even had to look up JFGI...On Google!

By the way while I am making my username sound like my age, I'm hardly into middle age!

twoeightnine

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Tue 29 Jan 2013, 6:36 pm

Shotrock - the stone that scores the point(s) in curling match.

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 29 Jan 2013, 7:27 pm

super_realist wrote:Well, I could say it's down to unique wisdom, being matter of fact, or it could be down to a style of art. JFGI.
Jewish Federation of Greater Indianapolis?
Thought you lived in Aberdeen?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Tue 29 Jan 2013, 7:55 pm

pedro wrote:Mine is the hispano version of my real name. (Yup, you've guessed it!)

What, you're John Cregan too?

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 29 Jan 2013, 8:00 pm

You got me! I think John Cregan is the only one not John Cregan. He's taking the p1ss on us.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Tue 29 Jan 2013, 8:16 pm

So he's an imposter! That's terrible. Maybe Mac could take a look at a video of his golf swing and confirm...

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 29 Jan 2013, 9:01 pm

Very interesting guys, like to hear from puligny if (s)he's out there, and a few more i can't think of.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 30 Jan 2013, 7:46 am

pedro wrote:
super_realist wrote:Well, I could say it's down to unique wisdom, being matter of fact, or it could be down to a style of art. JFGI.
Jewish Federation of Greater Indianapolis?
Thought you lived in Aberdeen?

JFGI= Just F*cking Google It.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 30 Jan 2013, 8:09 am

Super

You mean this sort of stuff;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-21234214
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 30 Jan 2013, 8:14 am

Mac, that is what is referred to as super realism yes, though why anyone would spend time drawing that c**t Justin Bieber rather than spending the time devising interesting and fun ways to exterminate him I'll never know.

Truth is the username is sheer randomness.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 30 Jan 2013, 9:31 am

I think burning Bieber at the stake would be a fun way to get rid of him
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 30 Jan 2013, 9:33 am

Anyone who buys any of his records should suffer the same fate.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 30 Jan 2013, 10:02 am

According to my co-worker the members of One Erection are already worth €20 million each, that can't be true!!
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 30 Jan 2013, 10:04 am

It's unbelievable that such tat can make so many people so very rich.
I've never heard them, not even seen them but you just know they are dreadful.
People of UK hang your head in shame. There is a place for crud like that though, it keeps people away from decent music.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by HiGun Wed 30 Jan 2013, 10:14 am

oh dear, have a think back to your youth. People your age now would have been saying the same things about the music you listened too.

Lets not collapse into middle aged stereo typing just yet Smile

As for Bieber, no direction etc well back in my day you couldnt hear the words for the wailing guitars and throbbing drum beats....oh and the drugs Cool

HiGun

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 30 Jan 2013, 10:16 am

More of a marketing exercise than music super, 8-12 year old girls seem to be the easiest demographic to extract money from.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 30 Jan 2013, 10:24 am

There was a credibility about music though, none of your ghastly dross like now.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next