The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brock Lesnar signs 2 year extension with WWE

+7
Marky
NickisBHAFC
VDT
Dr Gregory House MD
Mr Video Man
Hero
Fernando
11 posters

Go down

Brock Lesnar signs 2 year extension with WWE  Empty Brock Lesnar signs 2 year extension with WWE

Post by Fernando Mon 28 Jan 2013, 3:01 pm

Brock Lesnar has signed a new, two year deal with WWE that will see Lesnar remain under contract with the company through WrestleMania 31.

Source: PWinsider and various other sites

Be interested to see his schedule over the next two years weather it's full time or rock time

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Brock Lesnar signs 2 year extension with WWE  Empty Re: Brock Lesnar signs 2 year extension with WWE

Post by Hero Mon 28 Jan 2013, 3:05 pm

Is that from now and replacing the current deal or an extension I wonder.
IE, will he appear more now in the run up to Mania.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Brock Lesnar signs 2 year extension with WWE  Empty Re: Brock Lesnar signs 2 year extension with WWE

Post by Mr Video Man Mon 28 Jan 2013, 3:06 pm

probably rock time like his current one that expires near wrestlemania time i believe where he has a set amount of dates he agrees to do.........lucky guy doing only a few dates a year for probably over a million dollars
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 28 Jan 2013, 3:10 pm

Hero wrote:Is that from now and replacing the current deal or an extension I wonder.
IE, will he appear more now in the run up to Mania.

It until wrestlemania 31 so i guess that he's current deal is still in place as that runs out at wm 29

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 28 Jan 2013, 3:10 pm

I read in PS that Lesnar won't be back 'til Feb time, if he has signed an extension WWE need to figure out what there doing with him meticulously this time as it's been very hit and miss this year.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Mon 28 Jan 2013, 3:15 pm

Hopefully they'll use him to get over some of the younger guys, stop feuding with Cena and HHH!!!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 28 Jan 2013, 3:20 pm

Fantastic news, obviously he = big guys for big events like we saw against John Cena and HHH as the buy figures spoke for themselves. His match against John Cena was class so hopefully more decent matches preferably against younger talent to follow in the next 2 years.

But hopfully WWE now do something decent with him and don't make a mess like they have done since his epic return back in April last year.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 28 Jan 2013, 4:11 pm

Punk v Lesnar?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 28 Jan 2013, 4:23 pm

I'm wondering if this news changes the card for Mania, beforehand I presume he'd be used to make someone else look good (which unfortunately looked to be HHH), now perhaps that he's staying it'll be swapped about and he'll look dominant over someone else as they have to make him look strong being he's remaining.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Mon 28 Jan 2013, 4:42 pm

Now he's going to be around for a while I hope he flattens HHH at Wrestlemania
Just simply destroys him. HHH's flame is finally extinguished and he never comes back.

That'll give him a bit of momentum again. Use some of his dates between Wrestlemania through to Summerslam to give him some wins against Cena and Orton who hardly need the rub anymore. Brock can then do his thing until the run up to Wrestlemania 30. But this time around he's used to get over some new-generation talent. And that can be for whoever needs it come 2013. It might be Daniel Bryan, it might be Ryback. Whoever looks potential Main Event give them the rub.

And then Wrestlemania 31 comes along. Give everyone the Undertaker match and then both can sod off for good.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 28 Jan 2013, 4:48 pm

It gives a lot of more scope for matches, and with a longer deal WWE might be a little more eager to put him over. I think they've got to book him and I want to see big matches with him in, I want to see Lesnar/Punk, Lesnar/Rock, Lesnar/Undertaker.

I think we could see Wrestlemania 30 being Lesnar vs Undertaker.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 4:59 pm

Brock v Ryback - Last man standing, Goldberg special guest ref - BOOK IT!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 28 Jan 2013, 5:00 pm

AntLord wrote:Brock v Ryback - Last man standing, Goldberg special guest ref - BOOK IT!!!

I dread to think how awful that match would be.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 5:01 pm

I think there's potential there!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 28 Jan 2013, 5:02 pm

I can't see why to be honest. It's the kind of game you'd like to play on one of the console games but not one actually good to watch.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Mon 28 Jan 2013, 5:07 pm

they'll do what the kids want, not the internet critics.
if they want to see it, why not? vince knew hogan vs warrior would blow so they made it a one off match, but he still gave the 10 year olds what they wanted. i loved it. my dad wanted to slit his wrists.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 28 Jan 2013, 5:09 pm

Kid Vicious wrote:they'll do what the kids want, not the internet critics.
if they want to see it, why not? vince knew hogan vs warrior would blow so they made it a one off match, but he still gave the 10 year olds what they wanted. i loved it. my dad wanted to slit his wrists.

I'm not sure kids would want to see that, 10 year old kids wouldn't have even been alive when Goldberg was around.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 28 Jan 2013, 5:16 pm

This could be a game changer, I'm happy about this, also, while I understand people saying he should be used to put over the younger talent I definitely don't agree, he has huge name value and legitimises the business in my opinion, he should be used in big feuds with big names, two guys who believe they're bigger and better than each other draws money, draws fans and when that happens everyone else ups their game

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Mon 28 Jan 2013, 5:16 pm

true about the goldberg thing. but with brock signed there is a potential for it happening if the youngsters want to see it (without goldberg as ref). personally i find ryback simply awful, and whilst i used to be a fan of brock the wrestler, to me he was never goldberg (who was never sid) and i didn't like the vibe of his actual real-world personality and wouldn't have rushed to resign him. so no, i don't want to see that match. but i could see it happening.

and if it does, ryback should win.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 28 Jan 2013, 5:35 pm

Opponents for Brock - Punk, Rock, Taker, Sheamus, Ryback, Orton. Wildcards of Reigns, Cesaro and Barrett.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Mon 28 Jan 2013, 5:41 pm

i like all of em except rock vs brock. we've seen it, rock would want his win in return for the 2002 job, and i don't see what purpose it'd serve in 2013. both might still look good, but both are still past their best.

rock and brock should be used for match ups we've not seen before. 2002 will never come back, no point in trying to recreate it.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 28 Jan 2013, 6:10 pm

The Rock vs. Lesnar would be a huge match though, they're considered legends these days rather than the average wrestler so seeing them face off could be very, very good if handled well.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 28 Jan 2013, 7:10 pm

I agree that they should really be used for new matches, although modern day rock v modern day Brock would be very different. However, if they take on current stars then its hard to balance the scale between putting people over and winning matches to carry on their image of strength.

The bonus of Rock vs. Brock is that no one gets buried by a part timer.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down