The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brock Lesnar to fight at UFC 200

+13
President Trump
talkingpoint
NickisBHAFC
westisbest
Hero
Dr Gregory House MD
Samo
GSC
Fernando
Adam D
Crimey
Ché Guerrero
Clunge4life
17 posters

Go down

Brock Lesnar to fight at UFC 200 Empty Brock Lesnar to fight at UFC 200

Post by Clunge4life Sun 05 Jun 2016, 5:08 am

This has just been announced by the UFC, very surprised a deal has been made with him being under contract to WWE.

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Brock Lesnar to fight at UFC 200 Empty Re: Brock Lesnar to fight at UFC 200

Post by Ché Guerrero Sun 05 Jun 2016, 8:22 pm

Vince would bend over a table to keep Brock on his books

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 06 Jun 2016, 9:41 am

UFC are going to advertise Summerslam, which is good for WWE but not sure WWE gets the best deal here.

If Brock loses, it looks bad for their booking, makes it a little less believable to have him booked like a monster. They are now paying for a wrestler who is probably worth less.

If he wins, there will be more and more calls for him to continue to fight - so they his availability may be even more limited and he'll essentially end up fighting until he does lose, then we're back to problem one.

He also could very easily get injured.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 06 Jun 2016, 9:47 am

Unless he is booked to fight cm punk!!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 06 Jun 2016, 10:59 am

more chance of me fighting UFC then CM Punk

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 06 Jun 2016, 11:03 am

I don't think it'll make much difference unless Brock gets pulverized tbh.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 06 Jun 2016, 1:06 pm

Even if Brock loses, they can still cover it easy enough in the realm of WWE. I think its a massive coup for both parties, which is probably why they agreed to it.

Also explains why his match with Ambrose wasnt as violent as we hoped.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 06 Jun 2016, 1:34 pm

I would imagine part of the agreement is he's fed someone who isn't likely to pose a great threat
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 06 Jun 2016, 2:13 pm

Lesnar vs Mir 3 would be a decent draw.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 06 Jun 2016, 3:45 pm

Lesnar vs Mark Hunt is happening.

That'll be interesting. He knocks people out for fun.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 06 Jun 2016, 11:52 pm

If I had to guess I think this will give WWE more leverage to try and use Rousey or possibly McGregor for a Mania or similar

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Tue 07 Jun 2016, 1:18 pm

I was expecting a "walkover" opponent for Brock's return. Mark Hunt is anything but.

If Brock cannot get him to the mat then he is getting KO'd in a bad way

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 07 Jun 2016, 1:21 pm

Is there ever a good way to get KO'd?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 07 Jun 2016, 1:26 pm

Hero wrote:Is there ever a good way to get KO'd?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 07 Jun 2016, 1:29 pm

You found that too quickly, reckon you've bookmarked that.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 07 Jun 2016, 1:34 pm

Laugh

Isn't the internet amazing!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 09 Jun 2016, 10:55 pm

Actually quite liked Lesner when he was a coach on TUF 13.

Only seen the odd ufc fight of Lesner's. Dont really watch WWE anymore, but obviously different ball game.

Good luck to him.

On Rousey, hasnt she been used in WWE before?

Will she venture into WWE full time in the future, maybe so.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 09 Jun 2016, 11:44 pm

How's UFC going then CM Punk?

Such a little girl

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Fri 10 Jun 2016, 2:13 pm

I think UFC have done their best to give Brock an opponent who is credible yet beatable. Hunt is ranked 8th in the heavyweight division so is top 10, but not of the calibre to be a complete mismatch against Brock. Also Brock has a serious physical advantage with a huge height advantage - 6'3 to Hunt's 5'10 and like a 9 inch reach advantage or something like that. Theoretically, this should be an easy fight for Brock. Hunt won't be able to knock Brock out if he stays out of range.

Considering the amount of time Brock has been away from MMA, I think UFC want the most risk free fight they possibly can get. Brock = money. Both the UFC & the WWE know this. If Hunt knocks Brock out and totally destroys him then both companies lose imo. That's not to demean Hunt or disrespect his ability by any means. It's just that honestly, this looks like the type of fight that is booked just to pad out a fighter's win record. Brock describes himself as a prize fighter, but is Mark Hunt really the biggest fight the UFC could have given him? I would have thought there would be more money in seeing Mir III. No, for all Brock and probably the UFC's talk about just wanting to be a part of UFC's "biggest ever event", I think they're doing everything in their power to ensure Brock wins, which is completely ironic seeing as that's what the WWE does!

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 10 Jun 2016, 2:27 pm

There were interesting comments made by Hunt yesterday.

He said that apparently that due to the short notice of the event, drug testing is not being done. He then went on to say that it was ridiculous (true) as people should always be clean. H?e also went on to state that Brock was juiced up to the gills.

Let me see if I can find the link - http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/716921-mark-hunt-accuses-brock-lesnar-of-being-juiced-to-the-gills-comments-on-his-confidence-going-in-to-ufc-200-more

“I don’t think that’s fair. I think it’s load of bulls***, I think it’s rubbish,” Hunt told UFC FIGHT WEEK on Fox Sports in an exclusive interview. “I don’t think anyone should be exempt from testing. If they’re trying to clean the sport up — mixed martial arts — this is a bad way to do it. I don’t care who you are. It’s ridiculous.
“I don’t think it’s a great move. I think he’s juiced to the gills — and I still think I’m going to knock him out. So I don’t think that’s correct. I don’t think he should be allowed to get a four-month exemption otherwise everyone else should. Otherwise I should start juicing.
“How are you going to clean the sport up doing that s***? It won’t happen. I don’t think it’s fair.”
“I’ve already voiced my opinion to (UFC boss) Dana (White) about it but apparently he (Lesnar) has been getting tested but he’s probably been off a couple of cycles anyway.
“I think everyone should be tested equally and fairly. Make it an even playing field otherwise you might as well get everyone juiced up and have the juicing UFC competition and the non-juicing (competition).”

Hunt goes on to talk about his confidence going in to the fight and how he believes he is going to knock out Brock Lesnar. In one of his final statements in the interview he closes by saying:
“He’ll probably be super strong being juiced to the gills but it doesn’t mean anything, man. I’m ready for anything he has.”

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 10 Jun 2016, 2:40 pm

According to a lot of reports he has been tested on Wednesday and because he is back after 5 years and pre partnership with the USDA, UFC are treating him like a new athlete in the organisation and have sent people out to explain the new rules to him

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/717077-brock-lesnar-drug-tested

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2645376-brock-lesnar-will-be-drug-tested-before-ufc-200-but-concerns-still-linger

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/6/7/11879942/brock-lesnar-entered-into-usada-testing-pool-in-advance-of-ufc-200

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 07 Jul 2016, 10:13 am

Jon Jones has been pulled from the event pending an investigation into doping, so Brock Lesnar vs Mark Hunt is now the main event of UFC 200.

I imagine Dana White owes Vince a massive favour now for letting Brock fight, and I cant imagine that alot of UFC die hards will be too happy with a 'fake' wrestler headlining the biggest PPV in history.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 10 Jul 2016, 1:11 am

Tate v Nunes is now main event. Quite honestly, Jones is a liability for the UFC and I'm not sure how many more chances the UFC will be willing to make for him. His rematch with Cormier will certainly never happen if he is suspended for two years. As for Brock v Hunt, it probably would have been worthy of a main event on any other card, but considering this is UFC 200 then yeah I think the UFC would have been disappointed, especially as neither Hunt nor Lesnar have the type of personality to really sell the fight. But still, UFC are incredibly lucky to have Brock on this card in light of Jones' violation.

I think if Hunt can survive early pressure from Brock then he'll win. I think Brock's best chance is to maintain a high tempo early and get the ground and pound TKO.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 10 Jul 2016, 1:08 pm

Brock played to his strategy really well. He knew keeping Hunt on his feet wouldnt work so he took him down and handily won two rounds.

He seems to have the fight bug back, he looked really happy in his post match press conference. I dont know if he would be the same had he won, but thats a worrying sign for WWE, his stock just went through the roof and he can basically name his price at this point.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 10 Jul 2016, 1:46 pm

Very interesting time. He's clearly got to win at SummerSlam, but who knows what happens after. WWE and UFC could be a very beneficial partnership for both with Brock, and maybe open the door to Punk communication too. Either way, they're competitors who don't ever really go head-to-head and could probably do each other a huge favour.

I guess the only problem for WWE is that UFC has the legitimacy thing - fairly or not. The fact that one is pre-determined and one is actually about hurting your opponent, not the opposite, means UFC will always have that edge. But if WWE puts on top notch matches when UFC fans are watching they will struggle not to be impressed.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 10 Jul 2016, 1:49 pm

At this point it wouldnt surprise me if Vinces puts Orton over as a 'Frak you' to Dana White.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 10 Jul 2016, 3:11 pm

Think the legitimacy thing is a plus in WWEs eyes tbh.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 11 Jul 2016, 9:23 am

For a long time now I've felt that Brock is one of the only guys who truly legitimises Pro Wrestling, rightly or wrongly he's one of the few who creates that buzz across the board, I worried about this fight when I watched it yesterday about what a loss would do to the Pro Wrestling side of things, Lesnar has that aura about him and while loses in UFC previously never effected that WWE aura that is because there was a clear distinction with them, with him currently contracted to the WWE there would be no hiding place for a loss.

This can go one of two ways now, Brock either has the appetite back for legitimate competitive action or he has finally exercised the ghost of 2011 when he left a loser, Brock ain't the kind of guy that you'd imagine would like to go out on a whimper.

I'd imagine this will open the door to more deals between the WWE and UFC but if Brock does want to get back into UFC again I think it'll be UFC who'll make that decision, Vince McMahon knows the value of Lesnar, particularly now he's went back to UFC and strolled through a comfortable victory, he'll give Lesnar all the lee-way he wants so it'd be upto the UFC whether they'd be willing to use Lesnar sporadically or they want him all to themselves.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 13 Jul 2016, 11:24 am

Lesnar's stature and legitimacy grows by the day and it makes me feel the decision for him to end the streak was indeed the correct one. Albeit it was probably more luck than judgement in that they would have had no idea that Brock would have gone on to be even more badass than what he was back then.

In terms of being a draw, Brock Lesnar surely can't be too far behind The Rock and Steve Austin in the GOAT list. The guy is out and out money.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 16 Jul 2016, 12:09 am

Rumoured he failed a drugs test.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 18 Jul 2016, 4:35 am

not a rumour http://www.ufc.com/news/UFC-Statement-on-Brock-Lesnar-071516

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 18 Jul 2016, 9:00 am

Would imagine the WWE have to stand him down if true.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by JCmag82 Mon 18 Jul 2016, 10:48 am

I think they can get themselves around it because their wellness policy will be a lot more lenient than the USADAs so whatever he had in his system could be OK with them, and could well have shown up in previous tests if he has had them with WWE before too.

JCmag82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down