The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spencer Fearon: Is He A Genuine Pundit Or Another Steve Bunce?

+5
Mind the windows Tino.
Il Gialloblu
hampo17
BallchinianMuffwig
davidemore
9 posters

Go down

Spencer Fearon: Is He A Genuine Pundit Or Another Steve Bunce?  Empty Spencer Fearon: Is He A Genuine Pundit Or Another Steve Bunce?

Post by davidemore Tue 29 Jan 2013, 10:45 pm

Just been listening to a few ringside podcasts. They're good, i like the interviews they snag and it's always fun to hear people talk boxing.

However, Spencer Fearon. The man sounds like he's swallowing a whole fish when he speaks. Very swallow--heavy. Also, does he know boxing or know how to hype a fight? Sometimes he drops some real history on there. But other times he starts dropping obscure rapper lyrics that actually are completely out of context to the nonsense he's rambling. The man is a mystery.

Thoughts?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Spencer Fearon: Is He A Genuine Pundit Or Another Steve Bunce?  Empty Re: Spencer Fearon: Is He A Genuine Pundit Or Another Steve Bunce?

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Wed 30 Jan 2013, 5:30 am

Fearon used to coach Anthony Small and Danny Williams among others didn't he? I'd give him some credit for that, but yeah his TV manner doesn't do him a favour.

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Spencer Fearon: Is He A Genuine Pundit Or Another Steve Bunce?  Empty Re: Spencer Fearon: Is He A Genuine Pundit Or Another Steve Bunce?

Post by hampo17 Wed 30 Jan 2013, 7:03 am

I like Fearon, he promotes a lot of small hall shows with Dave Coldwell and seems happy to muck in with some of the younger fighters.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Wed 30 Jan 2013, 8:16 am

hampo, about that PM I sent you on friday...
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 30 Jan 2013, 8:19 am

I'm with hampo on this. I am very good friends with someone who is pretty close to Spencer and I have met him at a couple of small hall shows. He is a pleasant guy and really seems to care about his fighters. He is certainly closer to the ground, so to speak, than Steve Bunce.

If you don't like his presenting style, emore, then fair enough. One man's meat is another man's poison and all that. But, he certainly does know his stuff and his history. Some people don't like your posting style, emore, but that doesn't mean you don't know anything about boxing.

One a side note, my friend who knows Spencer spent some time in the gym with Anthony Small and confirmed to me, long before his militant Muslim nonsense, that he was a colossal helmet away from the camera.

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Camp swear filter)

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 30 Jan 2013, 8:19 am

Sorry mate I've been snowed under with work. Going to try and sort it today.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Wed 30 Jan 2013, 8:21 am

Thanks pal. OK
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 30 Jan 2013, 10:19 am

Fair play, the dude sounds alright to me.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 30 Jan 2013, 10:33 am

I quite like Fearon, too. He's a forward, loud character but I think it's definitely genuine enthusiasm rather than a ploy to try and get noticed, ala Bunce. Certainly seems to put plenty of graft in to his work along with Coldwell and is a proper student of the game. I've always been impressed with him.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by boxing prospect Wed 30 Jan 2013, 4:34 pm

Spencer doesn't have the "holier than thou" approach to what he does which is a relief. He may not have a perfect manner but he doesn't seem like the type to come on here and call us keyboard warriors for not being fans of his style.

Personally however I like him, seems a nice guy and still puts in the miles at a lower level with out trying to act like he knows it all

boxing prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 30 Jan 2013, 4:44 pm

Small has always been a helmet. Anyone remember his fight with Mcdonnah (or someone with a name like that). Awful. And he came to the ring on a skate board.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 30 Jan 2013, 6:17 pm

Spencer is a great guy. Extremely hard working and totally in love with the sport. Boxing could do with more like him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 30 Jan 2013, 6:50 pm

Needs to swallow a bit quieter though.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down