The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geale vs Barker Next?

+2
John Bloody Wayne
davidemore
6 posters

Go down

Geale vs Barker Next?  Empty Geale vs Barker Next?

Post by davidemore Wed 30 Jan 2013, 2:47 pm

The MW division is hot right now. And with Geale avenging the lone loss on hos record, what next for the ozzy?

A UK vs Australia fight would be pretty big in London. Any chance of getting one of our boys in there with him?

Billy Joe Saunders would take him, IMO.

The division is hot.

Thoughts?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Geale vs Barker Next?  Empty Re: Geale vs Barker Next?

Post by John Bloody Wayne Wed 30 Jan 2013, 3:22 pm

All I know is that it's always nice to hear Mundine lost again.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 30 Jan 2013, 3:29 pm

I'd like to see Macklin matched with Geale. Both amongst the good guys within the sport, would be a decent fight purely from a spectator point of view and shouldn't be too difficult to make in theory, as both of them don't mind dusting off the old passport. I'd love to see Macklin get his hands on a world title, as I've been so impressed with him in all aspects in recent years, and it'd be a very winnable fight for him. And if Geale beats him, then I'd still be happy.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 30 Jan 2013, 4:06 pm

Have a sneaking suspicion Barker's defeat won't have hurt him as much as Macklin's....Macklin seemed to take more of a beating...

Rate Barker....I'd pick him to win this and pick him to beat the present Macklin...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by boxing prospect Wed 30 Jan 2013, 4:31 pm

Geale is likely to be forced the face the Sturm/Soliman winner (fight on Friday night) as an IBF mandatory. Hopefully after that farce is done with he goes off to the US and either fights one of the other title holders (GGG, Quillen) or a top Brit.

boxing prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 30 Jan 2013, 5:26 pm

Macklin is still the best of the British lot imo and I'd stick to that untill I see the in the ring each other

It's got to the point that you can match most of the middleweights in any order and you'll get some good fights

Geale vs Barker/Macklin seems a good fight, all 3 can win as they are all about the same level. I would personally love to see Geale fight Golovkin as Geale seems a fair guy and would be more willing to fight him unlike Chavez, Martinez or Quillin who don't want any part of him for obvious reasons

Lots of big fights for the British if this gets signed, and reports still suggest that Macklin is sill the front runner for Chavez's return and I believe that both Macklin and Barker can pull off the wins setting up a huge domestic level clash for a world title

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by boxing prospect Wed 30 Jan 2013, 5:33 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Macklin is still the best of the British lot imo and I'd stick to that untill I see the in the ring each other

It's got to the point that you can match most of the middleweights in any order and you'll get some good fights

Geale vs Barker/Macklin seems a good fight, all 3 can win as they are all about the same level. I would personally love to see Geale fight Golovkin as Geale seems a fair guy and would be more willing to fight him unlike Chavez, Martinez or Quillin who don't want any part of him for obvious reasons

Lots of big fights for the British if this gets signed, and reports still suggest that Macklin is sill the front runner for Chavez's return and I believe that both Macklin and Barker can pull off the wins setting up a huge domestic level clash for a world title

It's what makes the division one of the best around at the moment. Lets not forget we could throw Lee and McEwan into the mix domestically.

boxing prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 30 Jan 2013, 6:59 pm

Are they all dodging each other? No one is matching up at the minute. Kid Chocolate is in hiding.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 30 Jan 2013, 7:16 pm

davidemore wrote:Are they all dodging each other? No one is matching up at the minute. Kid Chocolate is in hiding.

He was actually suppose to be fighting Fernando Guerrero (another really good fighter) on the Garica-Judah undercard and likewise has been postponed untill April

I think they will all start to fight each other (except Golovkin) now

Barker has been away with injury, Macklin needed rebuilding after Martinez, Chavez is still awaiting his ban, Lee needs to recover from the Chavez fight, Golovkin is getting more exposure, Geale seems eager etc

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down