The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glenn McCrory Sky Column - Really??????????

+5
Rowley
88Chris05
davidemore
manos de piedra
melv500
9 posters

Go down

Glenn McCrory Sky Column - Really?????????? Empty Glenn McCrory Sky Column - Really??????????

Post by melv500 Thu 31 Jan - 10:35

I actually spat my tea out when I read this paragraph:

Had I fought Lennox - definitely the most fearsome man I set foot in the ring with - a couple of years earlier when I was a hungry cruiserweight it may have been different, as I had been handling Mike Tyson in sparring pretty well, but our bout was a step too far for me; his mind was in gear and he was very, very good.

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,,13275_8455823,00.html

Never in a month of Sundays would that result have been any different Glenn.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Glenn McCrory Sky Column - Really?????????? Empty Re: Glenn McCrory Sky Column - Really??????????

Post by manos de piedra Thu 31 Jan - 10:45

Its well known that Glenn that was beating up Mike Tyson in sparring on a regular basis!

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Glenn McCrory Sky Column - Really?????????? Empty Re: Glenn McCrory Sky Column - Really??????????

Post by melv500 Thu 31 Jan - 10:55

And I do seem to remeber that hell did freeze over in 1989 so McCrory probably would have taken Lewis out in 3 very brutal rounds!

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 31 Jan - 11:03

He got pancaked. Is he delusional?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 31 Jan - 11:05

Can't really knock a fighting man for believing in himself.

That said, given that McCrory's career, no matter how you look at it or what excuses he offers up, demonstrated that he was little more than a live contender (his title meant little, in line with his era) at 190 lb and a virtual journeyman above that, and also that he's well-paid by Sky so hardly needs to go to desperate measures to prevent himself being forgotten altogether, he should really know better than to be coming out with this sort of stuff.

Give your detractors a reason to stick the boot in, and stick the boot in they will, Glenn!

Too many shots to the head along with too many Newcy Browns, I suspect. Mind you, in one of his rare appearances on here Andy did tell me that McCrory's neighbours are adamant that he's regularly seen / heard standing in his garden, in a dressing gown, in the early hours of the morning shouting a non-existent dog, so this may only be the tip of the iceberg!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 31 Jan - 11:16

TSMR fancies Glenn McCrory, not sure what this adds to the debate but thought I’d share it. Would let it worry me but guess I should be thankful she seems to have a taste for ugly northerners.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 31 Jan - 11:25

Rowley wrote:TSMR fancies Glenn McCrory, not sure what this adds to the debate but thought I’d share it.

Knowing Glenn, he'll probably put that in his next Sky column.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Thu 31 Jan - 11:27

To be fair Gelnn McCrory is soooooooooooo hot right now!

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 31 Jan - 12:45

he wouldn't have got in the ring with him if he thought he couldn't beat him, so i would assume he would have beleived he that. i like glen 90% of the time, he normally gets it right, he picked foot to win prizefighter, he just sticks to his guns even when he's wrong (khan retiring for instance). alot of what he says i agree with, his recent articles on kal yafai and fury for example.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 31 Jan - 12:51

What the hell is Newcy Brown, Chris?

If you're going to give it a slang name then "broon ale" is the correct phrase.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 31 Jan - 12:55

'Broon' was my second option, LJ. Now that a legitimate Geordie has set me straight I'll be sure not to make such a remiss error again!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 31 Jan - 13:56

Of course the other option is to ask for a "bottle of broon". I'd say this one is more commonly used.

Oh, Glen is a total moron. Anyone see his jacket in ringside. It looks like something Jeff would wear when he walks his whippets.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Thu 31 Jan - 14:17

Dude must be losing it.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 31 Jan - 15:49

The reason Holyfield moved up to Heavy wasn't he???

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down