The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How does Glenn McCrory get away with this tripe!!!!

5 posters

Go down

How does Glenn McCrory get away with this tripe!!!! Empty How does Glenn McCrory get away with this tripe!!!!

Post by Pedro147 Tue 03 Sep 2013, 4:32 pm

The big one for me, though, is Floyd Mayweather-Saul Alvarez, as I feel this could develop into a great run of fights, especially if the first match - which takes place in Las Vegas in September - is as close as I think it will be.

This is a bona fide challenge for Mayweather as he is taking on someone who is heavier than he is, younger than he is and, possibly, hungrier than he is - and, for me, this will define where he stands in history.

If he comes through it he will be a truly great fighter, so you just hope that that this rivalry with Canelo could be more than a one-shot deal as it would be great to see Floyd cement his name and Alvarez continue to make it.

Domestically, I don't think I'm alone in thinking that George Groves-James DeGale could transpire into a big thing; they have had one great fight, that Groves won on points, but their styles complement each other and there is obviously some needle there.

Plus, now that he has lost his world title, I hope to see Nathan Cleverly fight Tony Bellew again - preferably for the WBC belt if Tony manages to win it from either Adonis Stevenson or Tavoris Cloud.

There are some possible great rivalries ahead, then, but my favourite of all time is the all-Mexican one between Marco Antonio Barrera and Erik Morales.

Their three fights were fantastic and their first one was the best bout I have ever seen live, but I also loved Riddick Bowe's series with Evander Holyfield, and the clashes between Chris Eubank and Steve Collins, and Eubank and Nigel Benn.

The greatest rivalries are about characters and, therefore, you need spice outside the ring as well as great action in it, just as there was when Ali and Frazier were fighting it out three times in the 1970s.

On one hand, you had the brash and outgoing Ali and on the other, the working class and humble Frazier and that clash of personalities and the way they dealt with each other was what made their matches so special.

In rivalries like that, you sometimes forget who won which fight in the series because it doesn't really matter; you didn't care who came out on top, you just wanted to be entertained and left with great memories having seen a piece of history.

Things like that define fighters much more than win-loss records.

As for me, the rival and great friend that I have had for the last 25 years is, of course, Johnny Nelson; we never came close to fighting - because he was never good enough - but if we had I'm sure it would have been a lot of fun.

Johnny would have bored people to death in the ring, but there would have been lots of exciting chat outside of it.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

How does Glenn McCrory get away with this tripe!!!! Empty Re: How does Glenn McCrory get away with this tripe!!!!

Post by Pedro147 Tue 03 Sep 2013, 4:38 pm

Not the article overall, just the bit about Floyd.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

How does Glenn McCrory get away with this tripe!!!! Empty Re: How does Glenn McCrory get away with this tripe!!!!

Post by Nico the gman Tue 03 Sep 2013, 4:49 pm

McCrory awful commentator and analyser,don't know why Sky have persisted with him, never spoke to anyone who rates him.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 03 Sep 2013, 5:19 pm

Don't see what's so bad if I'm honest.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 03 Sep 2013, 6:58 pm

Domestically, I don't think I'm alone in thinking that George Groves-James DeGale could transpire into a big thing; they have had one great fight, that Groves won on points, but their styles complement each other and there is obviously some needle there.

I wouldn't say their styles compliment each other at all. That fight was a let down.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 03 Sep 2013, 8:25 pm

I found it pretty entertaining just because it was quite a tense and close affair, but I agree their styles don't gel. It was partly Groves' tactics that made it such a cagey one though, along with Degale's inability to do anything about it.

I think Georgey would have more confidence to force the issue in parts if they did it again and it would result in a more exciting fight.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 04 Sep 2013, 1:27 am

Reads like he's trying to sell fights that will be on sky. Obviously Floyd v Canelo is on Box Nation so I don't see why he mentioned that one.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down