The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourite film...by Stanley Kubrick

+5
superflyweight
two_tone
Hero
Galted
Morgannwg
9 posters

Go down

Favourite film...by Stanley Kubrick Empty Favourite film...by Stanley Kubrick

Post by Morgannwg Thu 31 Jan 2013, 10:38 pm

I have to admit to not seeing all of his work, but lately I have watched two classics from the mastermind of Stanley Kubrick. And each of those instantly became my favourite pieces from Kubricks work. Those films being 2001: A Space Odyssey and Dr. Strangelove(or How I learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb. Classics. Glad no monkey with a camera has tried to remake these, so to speak.

So ranging from these to Clockwork Orange, the Shining, Eyes Wide Shut, etc; which is your favourite Kubrick film?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Favourite film...by Stanley Kubrick Empty Re: Favourite film...by Stanley Kubrick

Post by Galted Fri 01 Feb 2013, 7:45 am

A Clockwork Orange followed by Barry Lyndon and the first half of Full Metal Jacket are my favourites although I do need to watch 2001: A Space Odyssey while sober.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Favourite film...by Stanley Kubrick Empty Re: Favourite film...by Stanley Kubrick

Post by Hero Fri 01 Feb 2013, 11:10 am

Full Metal Jacket for me especially the 1st section.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Fri 01 Feb 2013, 11:13 am

Agreed Full Metal Jacket, A Clockwork Orange and The Shining

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 01 Feb 2013, 2:11 pm

Dr Stangelove followed by the Shining and then Full Metal Jacket.

I like A Clockwork Orange but I think it was about 30 minutes too long.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 01 Feb 2013, 2:21 pm

1. Full Metal Jacket
2. Lolita
3. Eyes wide shut..

The woman out of the Shining spoiled it for me..she was dreadful...Nicholson over-acted too..

Super only likes it because the Woman in the bath sequence looks likes his Mrs................

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 01 Feb 2013, 4:50 pm

Super only likes it because the Woman in the bath sequence looks likes his Mrs.................

You may be on to something, Truss... in the right light and at a certain time of the month.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 01 Feb 2013, 6:47 pm

Yeah Full Metal Jacket is brilliant... But, the mid-point of the film I find very boring. Everything else about it was just class.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteCamry Fri 08 Feb 2013, 6:13 pm

2001 and Dr. Strangelove.

WhiteCamry

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Sat 09 Feb 2013, 12:19 am

1. The Killing - A masterful piece of work and criminally under seen/appreciated. Without this film there'd be no Reservoir Dogs as far as I'm concerned, if you like noir films with snappy dialogue and great scenes then this is a must see.

1. Dr Strangelove - Just pure genius.

3. Path of Glory - Another one of Kubrick's works that rarely mentioned but should be. His first of two collaborations with Kirk Douglas the other being a little know film called Spartacus. This though for me is the better film.

Note: I had to have two No1's as I couldn't split the films.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat 09 Feb 2013, 11:38 am

Dass wrote:3. Path of Glory - Another one of Kubrick's works that rarely mentioned but should be. His first of two collaborations with Kirk Douglas the other being a little know film called Spartacus. This though for me is the better film.

Watched Paths of Glory last night, far prefer it to Spartacus as well. Hard to get past the American & British accents playing French & Roman characters in the 2 films though.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Sat 09 Feb 2013, 1:10 pm

Galted wrote:
Dass wrote:3. Path of Glory - Another one of Kubrick's works that rarely mentioned but should be. His first of two collaborations with Kirk Douglas the other being a little know film called Spartacus. This though for me is the better film.

Watched Paths of Glory last night, far prefer it to Spartacus as well. Hard to get past the American & British accents playing French & Roman characters in the 2 films though.

Try watching Sean Connery playing Mulai Ahmed er Raisuli in the The Wind And The Lion.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat 09 Feb 2013, 1:46 pm

Laugh

I have difficulty watching him playing anyone.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteCamry Mon 11 Feb 2013, 5:40 pm

TheMackemMawler wrote:
Galted wrote:

Try watching Sean Connery playing Mulai Ahmed er Raisuli in the The Wind And The Lion.

You should hear his attempt at an American accent in his first scene in The Untouchables when his cop-on-the-beat character first meets Elliott Ness on the bridge. It's the only time in the movie (or in his whole career) when he tries it. He was wise to drop it.

WhiteCamry

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 11 Feb 2013, 6:39 pm

I thought he tried an Irish accent in The Untouchables. He still sounded Scottish though.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down