The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Howley selections

Go down

What do you think of Howley's Wales 22?

Howley selections Vote_lcap67%Howley selections Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 2 ]
Howley selections Vote_lcap0%Howley selections Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Howley selections Vote_lcap33%Howley selections Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

Howley selections Empty Howley selections

Post by quangut Fri 01 Feb 2013, 10:28 pm

Hello all nice to meet you. I normally just browse here, but feel compelled to talk about some Welsh selections for tomorrows match..

Dan Biggar: Firstly, I don't get why so many people on here or on the BBC website feel this is the wrong choice. Howley has selected him out of pressure. Howley doesn't pick form players so this is a bit of a bizzare selection from his part. Biggar has never been given a run of matches for Wales against decent opposition and deserves his chance. He is by a country mile up there with Sexton and Farrell on current form. He played an instrumental part in the Ospreys pro 12 final wins at Leinster in 2010 and 2012. So who better to pick against Irish opposition? Kicking duties should remain with Halfpenny unless he has a disaster as Halfpenny is the designated kicker. Hook is a great flair player and could do excellent in the final 30 minutes if brought on. Also good that he can cover 12, 13 and 15 at quite a high international standard.

Justin Tipuric: The only way I can think of a comparison is if Howley was All Blacks coach he would leave Carter and McCaw on the bench. There is absolutely no justification in not starting Tipuric. The guy is absolute class and reminds me of a bigger, stronger Martyn Williams. Granted that Warburton is vital when playing well, but what's wrong with Tipuric at 6 or Warburton at 6? Two equally class players need to be accommodated for.

Lee Byrne: Proven finisher, try scorer and great in the air. Doing very well for Clermont at the moment. Maybe not a better PLAYER than Halfpenny but possibly a more natural 15. Yet another kick in the teeth not having in him in matchday 22. You don't need Hook AND Scott Williams on the bench.

King Kohn: If Howley thinks it's OK to call him to the squad then he may aswell start him. The guy is a towering monster and currently playing very well for current Premiership champions Harlequins. You NEED a player like that starting. I'm a big fan of Ian Evans, but you really need to be starting with a bang and picking whoever is fit and on form.

Paul James: Better than Gethin at the moment. Surely the mobility factor of Gethin Jenkins would be more useful in the 2nd half?

Matthew Rees: Worst selection of the lot. Wales could have 2 Andre the Giant's at 2nd row, but with the lineout throwing of Rees, expect Wales to have a bad day at the office.

Am I being too negative? OK we are not rugby coaches, but we are entitled to an opinion based on what we see?

Also i despise the saying "was excellent in training". Different players react differently under match day conditions. Club form, not training should always take precedence.

quangut

Back to top Go down